Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902169 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
First single :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kLc2v2v_Tw&app=desktop
The video is no longer available.

I just played it a second ago................weird.  Normally if there's some sort of geo-block its me who cops it .

Not sure why you can't see it.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Brent, it debuts on Dec 10th. It's still the 9th here. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Righto..................it doesn't show the preview date on mine as obviously the time has passed.

Join me listening when you catch up  :P
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol

Right?  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent, it debuts on Dec 10th. It's still the 9th here. :lol

Get up with the times Tim, geesh!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
First single :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kLc2v2v_Tw&app=desktop

That was pretty damn strong.  Actually reminded me of Erase the Slater style Dokken.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah I agree - I got a slight Dio vibe at times too.

It's certainly better than I expected and Robin sounds pretty damn good.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:26:22 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
I shouldn't be surprised, because Reb Beach and Jeff Pilson are awesome. But holy fuck that smoked.  :metal

Just gave another 13 bucks to Frontiers.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Really good tune  :metal

Offline Lowdz

Enjoyed that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah I agree - I got a slight Dio vibe at times too.

It's certainly better than I expected and Robin sounds pretty damn good.

I felt the Dio vibe too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I want to like this. I love Robin McAuley's voice anyway. The guitar was smoking too.

But the samples on Amazon were pretty underwhelming.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I shouldn't be surprised, because Reb Beach and Jeff Pilson are awesome. But holy fuck that smoked.  :metal

Just gave another 13 bucks to Frontiers.  :lol

Keeping Del Vicchio in work, good on you mate.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Im not impressed with Black Swan sadly   meh.....
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Joey Vera just posted that recording for a new Armored Saint album has started :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Joey Vera just posted that recording for a new Armored Saint album has started :metal

Now THAT is good news!!!

One of my all time favorite bands.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member

Now THAT is good news!!!

One of my all time favorite bands.

YES
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
The Black Swan left me flat  but made me for some reason think of this 

https://youtu.be/We_1juXa6Pg

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You got Loudness on the mind, bro. :lol

I can see that comparison.

It's just not Loudness without Minoru Niihara.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I need to try more AS.  What I've heard is solid, but nothing has wowed me.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member

you are correct brother   

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Got my ticket for motley cru/def leppard... $130 after fees for 300 level aisle seat behind home plate but near 3rd base line side.  Not cheap, not the most expensive either.  Starts at 5pm, probably ends at 11pm.  That's a long concert.  I'm excited for my weekend trip to Philly for this.

I also bought a season lawn pass for my local amphitheater, they only announced a few shows so far, but I guess I'll check out The Black Crowes and Doobie Brothers (seperate shows) since I got the pass.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member

for you bro  enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=selhskb9ygM

Offline Lowdz

:metal :metal :metal
Such a great album. Great guitar tone.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Wow, that was awesome.  Never checked out Loudness but had no idea Vescera sang for them.

Online Anguyen92

I also bought a season lawn pass for my local amphitheater, they only announced a few shows so far, but I guess I'll check out The Black Crowes and Doobie Brothers (seperate shows) since I got the pass.

Dang, man.  I looked at the list of amphitheaters that has that deal hoping that FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine is on it and sadly, it's not on it.  Four cities in CA has this offer, but not Irvine, CA.  Bummer.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Wow, that was awesome.  Never checked out Loudness but had no idea Vescera sang for them.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=41830.msg1825671#msg1825671

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Dang, man.  I looked at the list of amphitheaters that has that deal hoping that FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine is on it and sadly, it's not on it.  Four cities in CA has this offer, but not Irvine, CA.  Bummer.

Is that place close to you?  I know you go to lots of shows too but not sure about your parking and driving situation to make it worth it?  If PNC Bank Arts Center wasn't down the street, I probably wouldn't consider a season pass.  But at this point, it seems like my summer is booked for concerts  :lol now just wait for all the announcements.  It also comes with a fast pass to I guess cut the line getting in, but I've hardly ever had issues with long waits there.  I may end up checking out my first country show this summer  :lol only because those all sell out (the pass is good for sold out shows) with lots of drunk girls

Online Anguyen92

It's pretty darn close driving wise for me (well, at least compared to driving to LA).  Roughly 16 miles.  I mean traffic on the 5 South freeway is hit or miss.  I know parking is free at the amphitheater.  Plus it gives me more excuses to go to the Irvine Spectrum mall on the way there which has all kinds of restaurants and shops.  I would have bought the season pass if FivePoint Amphitheater was on that list.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 04:33:03 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh nice, yea that sucks they don't offer it.  I figured that might be all of them as I got emails for the offer from other amphitheaters I've been to as well.  Maybe your concert slate there is going to be much better

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Check out the song "Crazy Nights". It will be stuck in your head for a couple of days  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=41830.msg1825671#msg1825671

I will check this album out mate.

Offline Lowdz

Got my ticket for Geoff Tate doing the whole of RFO and Empire in May 🤘

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Got my ticket for Geoff Tate doing the whole of RFO and Empire in May 🤘

:metal

Looking forward to the West Coast swing of that tour in fall 2020.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!