Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896561 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
That kid Dino can wail.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
If you can get past the shite album cover .............this sounds like it could be alright.   Dino Jelusic (vocal powerhouse from TSO/Animal Drive) with George Lynch.

Due January but a short sample here

https://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Shirley/dp/B07YNDLKLH/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dirty+shirley&qid=1572435235&s=dmusic&sr=1-1

The album cover is the only thing this band has going for it.

Bravewords had the first single streaming, and it is boring as hell.

That kid Dino can wail.

Yeah, he can.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
A live version of something you Whitesnake fans can look forward to on an upcoming covers album from one of the greats.

https://youtu.be/6_jrGBsXAQ0?t=158
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I don't know if I should laugh or cry.  :omg:
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline Lowdz

Come back William Shatner and save us from this shit 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
A live version of something you Whitesnake fans can look forward to on an upcoming covers album from one of the greats.

WTF?  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

If you can get past the shite album cover .............this sounds like it could be alright.   Dino Jelusic (vocal powerhouse from TSO/Animal Drive) with George Lynch.

Due January but a short sample here

https://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Shirley/dp/B07YNDLKLH/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dirty+shirley&qid=1572435235&s=dmusic&sr=1-1

The album cover is the only thing this band has going for it.

Bravewords had the first single streaming, and it is boring as hell.

This one?

https://youtu.be/-8hSpK4oK2Q

I liked the samples, and yes, this track isn’t going to change the world. Solid though, I thought. And the singer is very good, very DIO.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Hopefully the Lord ignores him and takes away his strength to carry on singing .
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 08:48:46 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...

Don't Hassle the Hoff, as t-shirts have read.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry Hoff  :lol

Looks like KK Downing's band went over very well the other night -   Downing, Ellefson, Binks and Ripper....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr6hAbDLaKc

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry Hoff  :lol

Looks like KK Downing's band went over very well the other night -   Downing, Ellefson, Binks and Ripper....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr6hAbDLaKc

This would have been a cool show, Blaze opened up for them. If Priest gets into the rock and roll hall of fame, I know KK will be included. But will Ripper and Binks be inducted with the band too?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't see Binks or Ripper being involved with any award.   Ripper didn't appear on any of the classic albums and Binks has himself admitted that he was considered to be a "session guy" in Priest.   Perhaps being in Unleashed gets him some bonus points but I doubt it.

The more interesting one would be how they treat the subject of Dave Holland.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Pretty sure Rolling Stone won't have a problem with him. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

I can't see Binks or Ripper being involved with any award.   Ripper didn't appear on any of the classic albums and Binks has himself admitted that he was considered to be a "session guy" in Priest.   Perhaps being in Unleashed gets him some bonus points but I doubt it.

The more interesting one would be how they treat the subject of Dave Holland.

At least he’s dead so won’t be too embarrassing

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Probably won't even get a mention.

Offline Lowdz

Nor should he. I can’t even say his drumming was anything special.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Nor should he. I can’t even say his drumming was anything special.

It wasn't  it was shit.

Offline Lowdz

Ok, so I’ve had Tony Macalpine’s Master Of Paradise album for 20 years and I can’t ever have played it because I didn’t know it was a mostly vocal song album and T Mac is singing - and doing it very well. How did I not know this?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok, so I’ve had Tony Macalpine’s Master Of Paradise album for 20 years and I can’t ever have played it because I didn’t know it was a mostly vocal song album and T Mac is singing - and doing it very well. How did I not know this?

My copy is fucked with the low volume thing. 

Offline Lowdz

Mine is probably the same. As I say, I don’t think I e ever played it before. I was listening on Spotify through the iPad speaker so sound quality wasn’t top of the list.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Mine is probably the same. As I say, I don’t think I e ever played it before. I was listening on Spotify through the iPad speaker so sound quality wasn’t top of the list.

You would know.  The volume is low, like  fucking low you can't hear it.  It's an early pressing issue.  I had to rip the cd and then use a program to up the volume and resave.  It still sounded crap so I never really bothered with it.  He does have a nice voice though.

i really quite enjoy the Eyes of the World album he did.  Some nice songs on that one.

Offline Lowdz

You would know.  The volume is low, like  fucking low you can't hear it.  It's an early pressing issue.  I had to rip the cd and then use a program to up the volume and resave.  It still sounded crap so I never really bothered with it.  He does have a nice voice though.

i really quite enjoy the Eyes of the World album he did.  Some nice songs on that one.

I wonder why he didn’t sing on that one? I have that one and it’s ok. Never really loved it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I wonder why he didn’t sing on that one? I have that one and it’s ok. Never really loved it.

It's nothing special, some nice 80's style on a few tracks.  Yeah, maybe he wasn't the greatest singer back then and worked more on it leading into MOP.

I've unfortunately found his last few albums a bit average.  The songs lack melody and everything kind of sounds the same.

Offline Lowdz

I’d agree with that. They’ve been trying too hard to be metal.id be happy for him to go the vocal, prog metal route again based on MOP.

Offline Lowdz

I’ve just bought the live TNT Blu-ray from Milano. Very good performance. A bit short at 16 songs but a good watch. Harnell is on fire.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Had a listen to the Vanden Plas.  VP are never band to judge on a single listen but it's pretty mucg VP by the numbers.  They really are sticking to a formula now.  The last 2 songs were very good though.  Needs more listens.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Had a listen to the Vanden Plas.  VP are never band to judge on a single listen but it's pretty mucg VP by the numbers.  They really are sticking to a formula now.  The last 2 songs were very good though.  Needs more listens.

Totally... but it's a formula that I'm still digging.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Both new songs from King and Ozzy are quite impressive.  The KD reminds me if Voodoo/Graveyard era.  Pumped for the full thing.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool little article for those wanting a bit of the inside story on Crimson Glory.   Transcendence made my Top 50 - big band for me.

https://crystal-logic.blogspot.com/2018/11/crimson-glory-beyond-electric-sky-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0pzxuJK95Mr2IOSYBox9ELjov0JXjhAYXQ3NjLwRavnEw2vGj83a-44hw

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Geez the new Pretty Maids is a tough listen.  I thought Alter Bridge was muddy.   :-\

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Geez the new Pretty Maids is a tough listen.  I thought Alter Bridge was muddy.   :-\

Damn... I have it cued up ready to go this morning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Damn... I have it cued up ready to go this morning.

It may not bug you as much............I was more referring to the production than the songs , but I also found the songs a bit "by the numbers" too.  They've really settled down into a formula and if you liked the last couple of albums I imagine you might like it.   

I can sometimes get past the production when the songs are really good (a couple on the Alter Bridge won me over) but when the production sounds like ass and the song doesn't grab me the Skip button comes in to play much quicker than usual.

www.theguitardojo.com.au