Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896708 times)

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Yeah, username change should be banned.  ;D For a short time I thought Parama had a double account, because Cyril certainly talked like him.

I feel the avatar change is appropriate right now though.

Even if he loses the final?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I've been a fan of Klopp since he was managing Borussia Dortmund so yes indeed. He's just charismatic as fuck.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I've been a fan of Klopp since he was managing Borussia Dortmund so yes indeed. He's just charismatic as fuck.

I'm with you on that, he's charismatic, authentic* and he knows a thing or two about football.

* even if he got hair implants and false teeth  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Holy fuck this was a great listen.  Jay's probably gonna go all :getoffmylawn: on me since he sent me a Diamond Head song in my roulette that I was entirely ambivalent about, but wow!  This was awesome.

I love how these mature/classic bands can put out some truly awesome stuff in the later stages of their career.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't even realize Diamond Head was releasing something new.  I'll check this out for sure.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow Chad, you ain't kidding. Very nice. I loved that first 1:25 intro to The Messenger  :metal

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I had their last one in a Best Of 2016 top ten..........look forward to checking it out at some point.  Really not finding time at the moment for much music :(

I also need to get a hold of the new Death Angel - one of the few old school thrash bands that seem to get better and better (and more melodic) as they age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4dTl9CI3uU
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:39:54 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The Coffin Train?!   :lol

Fuck you gotta love metal!!  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I had their last one in a Best Of 2016 top ten..........look forward to checking it out at some point.  Really not finding time at the moment for much music :(

It doesn't help that there isn't a lot of good stuff coming out.  So far this year, I've only tried out 26 new releases.  I found a few lingering gems from late 2018, but there ain't much that seems to tickle my pickle.  I've also been fairly time constrained as well, so that might have something to do with it.

This was another great listen yesterday - very big Dynazty vibe in the sense it's kinda glammy, but modern sounding.  It's actually a Frontiers release, but (imo) Frontiers doesn't deserve them.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ozzy554

Diamond Head is a band that I have liked pretty much everything I stumbled across by them but I never found the time to dig into their discography. That being said the new album is great. The production is fantastic and the entire band sounds like they're firing on all cylinders. The singer especially knocked it out of the park.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, I thought the vocals were excellent.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Sebastian Bach is coming here. Would it be worth going to see. He's doing all of Skid Row in its entirety.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Baz can't sing any longer. But I'd go. I'd prefer seeing Slave to the Grind in its entirety, but its still cool. If he does a second leg of this and adds my city, I'll go.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Lowdz

Love him. I’m a Liverpool fan so he is rather popular at 5he moment 😀

Offline Lowdz

I didn't even realize Diamond Head was releasing something new.  I'll check this out for sure.

I haven’t heard a single song by them, other than a coupl3 of covers by other bands. Just completely passed me by. Looks like I’ll haveto get on this.

Also looking forward to th3 new Death Angel.

Have you heard the new Savage Messiah anyone? I like it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, listened to it just yesterday and today. Good stuff

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Have you heard the new Savage Messiah anyone? I like it.

I checked a couple of songs on youtube.  They were okay but didn't seem as good as the last one.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have completely forgotten about the new Lord.  That should be well out by now.  Anyone heard it?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks like it's not out, can't find any info besies a launch party in Brisbane at the end of the month.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Finally found former Hibria vocalist Iuri Sanson.

He's on the latest Eternity's End album

Title track

I have their first album saved on Spotify. A Chadomendation, I think.

Mike Lepond is also part of this band.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll give that song a strong solid Tim.  Good solo section.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Probably a rec from me.  Their first album has Ian Parry on lead vocals.  I found Unyielding to be just 'ok'.

Kade... I heard one track from the new Lord on their Bandcamp page - https://lordofficial.bandcamp.com/album/united-ep

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Iuri Sanson's vocals are ridiculous.

Probably a rec from me.  Their first album has Ian Parry on lead vocals.  I found Unyielding to be just 'ok'.

I don't know who Ian Parry is. The band talked about being a bit more metal, and wrote away from progressive elements. Might be too Power Metal for ya.

But I think it's pretty strong. Some great players, plus Sanson, of course. The first two Hibria albums are must haves as far as I am concerned.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Kade... I heard one track from the new Lord on their Bandcamp page - https://lordofficial.bandcamp.com/album/united-ep

Yeah mate, I remember checking the vid out when it was realeased, pretty good. Looking forward to it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
it seems that Andre Matos (ex-Angra) has passed away.  :-\    Totally unexpected from what I know.

RIP

Must dig out Angels Crying (a DTF Top 50 for me) - haven't listened in many years.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
it seems that Andre Matos (ex-Angra) has passed away.  :-\    Totally unexpected from what I know.

RIP

Must dig out Angels Crying (a DTF Top 50 for me) - haven't listened in many years.

Fucking what!?!?!  Holy shit!!!  :'(

Offline Lowdz

He was singing with Avantasia a few days ago. Far too young.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Wait what the fuck?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
He was only 3 months older than me.  :-\  :sad:  :(

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Unyielding is about as solid and heavy of a Power Metal as can be. Plus, I love the vocalist.
Been spinning this nonstop over the last couple of days. Loving it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Watching these guys is making me feel very old .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsOzk0uKYgo&t=498s

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I saw this the other day. They have great chemistry.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Listening to Killing is My Business from Megadeth. The more recent FINAL KILL version. I always forget just how raw and incredible it is. So super heavy.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com