Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902325 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Kendall has always had a fantastic singing voice. If you can find a copy, get James Byrd's Crimes of Virtuosity album. It featured "Kendall Tory" on vocals. That's Kendall Bechtel. Nice little gem in the power metal meets guitar virtuoso genre.

As for Fifth Angel, I don't think the first two sound alike in style (one was metal, the other was sleek hard rock). But listen to the rhythm guitars, and the style used throughout. All that is Ed's writing. And you'll hear the similarity.

As for The Third Secret, it misses that rhythm guitar style quite a bit. And while I think Kendall did a fantastic job on the guitars, he's just not the rhythm player that Ed is. His leads are incredible though.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Page 300.

:woot:

:jingleboy:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
(Saved for gif or meme when I get home)  :metal

Edit: Forget it. Not gonna beat that! :lol
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:52:27 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Happy 300th  :metal

There's a guy who posts this gif on a local football forum here every time something good happens and it's become extremely popular (not sure why) - thought it might be time to share it here :lol
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:26:38 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Hammers are always good  :metal

Offline Lowdz

There's a guy who posts this gif on a local football forum here every time something good happens and it's become extremely popular (not sure why) - thought it might be time to share it here :lol

Worth copying to celebrate.

We are Sparta!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

And again.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Art

And there's yet another new project with Ripper Owens. Now it's a band called A New Revenge (formerly Project Rock) with Rudy Sarzo, James Kottak, and Keri Kelli.

This is much more Hard Rock than metal, and i was really thinking it would sound awful, but the track The Way is kind of cool. Nothing to write home about, but it's not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLP3US8M3DA

edit: wrong Ozzy bass player  :lol :lol :lol

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:54:02 AM by Art »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah - that's Phil Soussan from the mighty The Ultimate Sin  :lol    That really is a band of journeymen/guns for hire/guys who get fired a lot........however you want to look at it.

Pretty basic stuff but I thought it was pretty decent with the chorus letting the song down quite a bit.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:21:33 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
It's solid, but the chorus throws me off a bit and isn't what I would have expected.  Maybe Ripper singing just straight up hard rock is what is throwing me off.  Good tune though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And there's yet another new project with Ripper Owens. Now it's a band called A New Revenge (formerly Project Rock) with Rudy Sarzo, James Kottak, and Keri Kelli.

This is much more Hard Rock than metal, and i was really thinking it would sound awful, but the track The Way is kind of cool. Nothing to write home about, but it's not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLP3US8M3DA

edit: wrong Ozzy bass player  :lol :lol :lol

I actually REALLY liked that, awesome tune.

Offline Lowdz

It’s piqued my interest but was going to say the chorus wasn’t big enough, but I see I’m not alone. This is the first time I’ve enjoyed Ripper’s voice.

Frontiers have announced a new project with Reb Beach, Robin McCauley and Jeff Paulson. No name or music yet.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully Jeff Paulson and Mike Slayer do something together.  :D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It’s piqued my interest but was going to say the chorus wasn’t big enough, but I see I’m not alone. This is the first time I’ve enjoyed Ripper’s voice.

Frontiers have announced a new project with Reb Beach, Robin McCauley and Jeff Paulson. No name or music yet.

You taking the piss bro?

Offline Lowdz

Nah, fucking autocorrect and my eyes are too bad to see it 😀. Getting old is shit, don’t do it!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
or Paul  :)

I am finally getting around to recovering from a system drive death on my PC - so here is some more music for you folks.   This is a big show and was actually the first I worked on with regard to 2017.  So it has the old intro and I am talking about the brand new (upcoming) Judas Priest album with Ben  :lol

If you can ignore the weird time machine feeling then , as per usual , I think everyone will find plenty to enjoy (both bands you know and don't know).

Cheers

This is Best of the Rest Pt 1 :   https://yadi.sk/d/nswrHXDlhhcNFQ

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:14:12 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
There actually seems to be some degree of corruption of that file during the upload process (possibly due to my PC being half dead) so will re-upload and attach a different link asap
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:10:57 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't know too much awesomeness is classed as corruption.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:46:05 AM by wolfking »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't know too much awesomeness classed as corruption.

The interwebz can't handle Brent's awesomeness.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 :)

Looks like it was more than just the upload. I believe I can sort it out by re-doing the first 5 mins or so - hopefully that's it and I will have it ready over the weekend.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
OK...........this system drive crash has really played havoc with the Audacity software I use  (which is already pretty slow and difficult when dealing with mp3)  even though I have a brand new Windows install on a brand new SSD......and I had all the files on a different physical drive.  Perhaps I had them open when the system went down or something and there has somehow been some effect on the files themselves.

Anyway - the end result is that the show I wanted to release has a rather weird first minute with a random bit of Galactic Empire (star wars metallers) kicking in straight away at fairly decent volume - so watch your volume in the first few seconds - and then it's pretty much back to normal with the intro etc.....   I don't seem to be able to edit the project and the mp3 is large enough to crash any other mp3 splitter/editor program I have tried, so it's a choice between ditching the whole show and starting again (ain't happening) or just living with that weird first minute.  The way things are around here at the moment I can't re-record this show so hopefully you guys can live with an iffy first minute and watch that volume in the first few seconds.

Aside from also losing a little bit of work at the start of the Part 2 show that will require some editing (that show is also mostly done) it appears I should be right moving forward with other stuff that was in the works.

Try this and see how we go

https://yadi.sk/d/1EmCkBnyo-slCg
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:32:52 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning! 

:happydance:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice, thanks Brent. I'll grab it when I get home from work tomorrow.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Good stuff - already 5 mystery downloaders and a few more listening online so , whoever you are out there , hope you enjoy it  :)

You'll be needing a tracklist at some point , so here it is

https://yadi.sk/i/MElBI6hCxuX7-A

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Art

Must confess that i really liked the new Spirits Of Fire single, "It's Everywhere". More of a mid tempo song, cool guitar work by Caffery.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy carp!!!  1GB file.  This is gonna be awesome!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy carp!!!  1GB file.  This is gonna be awesome!

Oh wow.  Looks like I may have to download this one at work.  ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent ... you listen to the new Herman Frank yet?  'twas ok imo, nothing that came even close to wow'g me.

Offline Lowdz

New Whitesnake. It’s got that Frontiers riff.
T not great but I enjoyed it more when I didn’t look at the screen. Can’t watch Coverdaleks grimacing when he sings.

https://youtu.be/hKMwGzOmtsE

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That song was awful.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy shit, new LORD!!  Get this into ya!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCV0vXFxUzA