Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908265 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Might just list it here for now:

40) CHRISTIAN VIDAL: HOME - Libertad De Un Corazon Solitario
39) WHITE HIGHWAY: LIGHTHOUSE - Lighthouse
38) CASTLE : WELCOME TO THE GRAVEYARD - Veil Of Death
37) ZHENX : ZHENX - Action
36) FABRIZIO LEO : COMING HOME - R5
35) CALIGULA's HORSE : IN CONTACT - Songs For No One
34) SACRED WILL : SACRED WILL - Soul In Ruin
33) STEEL PANTHER: LOWER THE BAR - I Got What You Want
32) PAINFUL PRIDE : LOST MEMORIES - Sands Of Time
31) PINNACLE POINT: WINDS OF CHANGE - Never Let go
30) SOULDRINKER  : WAR IS COMING - Voices
29) COLDSPELL : A NEW WORLD ARISE - Signs
28) SIN STARLETT : DIGITAL OVERLOAD - Savage Nightshifts
27) KARIBOW: FROM HERE TO THE IMPOSSIBLE - Lost Peace
26) BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION: BCCIV - Sway
25) AVANDRA : TYMORA - Chimerical Visions
24) BELOW : UPON A PALE HORSE - 1000 Broken Bones
23) WILDNESS : WILDNESS - Welcome The Night
22) NIGHT DEMON : DARKNESS REMAINS - Hallowed Ground
21) PALADINE : FINDING SOLACE - Paladine
20) EXCALION : DREAM ALIVE - Portrait On The Wall
19) STAMINA : SYSTEM OF POWER - One In A Million
18) CONFESS : HAUNTERS - Strange Kind Of Affection
17) GODS OF SILENCE: NEVERLAND - Army Of Liars
16) SIGNUM REGIS : DECENNIUM PRIMUM - Screaming For Justice
15) CROMONIC : TIME - Mental Cry
14) FIREWIND : IMMORTALS - Wars Of Ages
13) STREAMLINE : STREAMLINE - Deliver Us
12) THE SILENT WEDDING :ENIGMA ETERNAL - Insanity
11) ANTHRIEL : TRANSENDENCE - My Dark Morning Star
10) BIGFOOT : BIGFOOT - The Fear
9) AIR RAID :ACROSS THE LINE - Black Dawn
8) SAVAGE MESSIAH : HANDS OF FATE - Lay Down Your Arms
7) OSYRON: KINGSBANE - Razor's Wind
6) DREAM TROLL: THE KNIGHT OF REBELLION - Time For Vengeance
5) LABYRINTH : ARCHITECTURE OF A GOD - Still Alive
4) THRESHOLD : LEGENDS OF THE SHIRES - Trust The Process
3) BARQUE OF DANTE : ALCHEMIST - Ocean Of Dreams
2) DAMNATIONS DAY : A WORLD AWAKENS - Dissecting The Soul
1) SORCERER: THE CROWNING OF THE FIRE KING - Sirens
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I just finished the podcast and I REALLY enjoyed it.  I'm at work but off the top of my head there's so many I enjoyed.  Still have to get my ass around checking out the top 2 but others I loved;

Excalion
The Silent Wedding
Dream Troll
Stamina
Savage Messiah

There is a few more but I will have to reference them.  There was some very impressive stuff Brent.  Can't wait for 2018's edition.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have a quiet hour alone in my office at work at the moment so spinning the Silent Wedding.  I really quite like this.  Every song is very similar, but it also has that consistency that I like too.  Was a nice surprise to hear Tom Englund when his voice popped up.  I doubt I'll get through the whole album but very nice this.  The one thing I will say is that the soloing is a bit stiff.

It's amazing these days how you can just youtube an album and listen to it for free.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:25:00 PM by wolfking »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Love The Silent Wedding. That and Anthriel were the only two albums on this list that I bought last year.

I also had Air Raid and Stamina saved on Spotify.

Finished the countdown today.

I must say that I just cannot get into Labyrinth. I feel like I've heard that music a million times before. And Threshold just doesn't do it for me anymore, though that song had a great solo.

Of the last set of 10-15, my two faves were Barque Of Dante and Dream Troll.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah that Labyrinth track was great but I thought I had checked that album and it was wimpy as fuck.  Maybe I'm confused.

Offline Lowdz

The Sorceror is excellentand I liked the Barque of Dante, but wtf was Dream Troll? That was fucking awful 😀

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
haha - it's always good when half you guys think one artist blows and the other half really like it....and then the mirror image for another artist.  Makes me feel I have done a good job in judging the tastes of the group as a whole  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Art

Anybody else heard the Three Tremors stuff?

I tried the youtube lyric video and my God, it's BAD.

Who the hell wrote the music to that?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought I would really like the Three Tremors.

But I played the videos and I'm going to pass.  Lyrics aren't good and it just seems like the screams overide any melodies in the songs.

Offline Art

I thought I would really like the Three Tremors.

But I played the videos and I'm going to pass.  Lyrics aren't good and it just seems like the screams overide any melodies in the songs.

Yeah, pretty much that. So over the top it's almost unlistenable.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm one of the first to support screams in metal, but you are right, it is totally over the top.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
And to be honest, the Three Tremors with what are essentially b-lister singers doesn't entice me.

if this was 15 years ago with Dickinson-Halford-Tate, that'd be different. I mean, that would fucking slay.  :metal

Need I remind you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me549HoI6gk

But nowadays, all those guys doing it...whatever. If I want the The Three Tremors, I just watch that video and remember.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Nvm wrong thread.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:30:02 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There was one Three Tremors song that sounded pretty decent but the new clip I checked out a couple of days ago really wasn't great at all.  A shame.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Any time I see Sean Peck's name I know the chances of me liking it aren't great :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Any time I see Sean Peck's name I know the chances of me liking it aren't great :lol

I tried some Cage and it was just so meh.  I tried to like the Death Dealer and the first album wasn't too bad actually, although the production was horrific so not worth the time.  The guy can hit a high note though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah , not the worst vocalist ever ............just doesn't seem to be able to associate himself with projects/songs that are much more than an excuse for him to screech.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:13:25 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Was able to get through a bit more of the Silent Wedding album, nice sound, some good songs.  Looking forward to checking more.

Also, I forgot to mention that I had never heard a single Steel Panther song at all but that song was surprisingly very good.  The Coldspell was good too.  I only own their debut so perhaps I should check out more from them.

Offline Lowdz

Was able to get through a bit more of the Silent Wedding album, nice sound, some good songs.  Looking forward to checking more.

Also, I forgot to mention that I had never heard a single Steel Panther song at all but that song was surprisingly very good.  The Coldspell was good too.  I only own their debut so perhaps I should check out more from them.

Steel Panther have some excellent songs. No one does5he late 80s as well as SP, including many of the bands from the era.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Steel Panther have some excellent songs. No one does5he late 80s as well as SP, including many of the bands from the era.

Interesting.  Will definitely have to check this album then at least.

Offline Lowdz

Interesting.  Will definitely have to check this album then at least.

Balls Out is their best. Tiger Woods is an awesome song.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The two Steel Panther songs that I like are Death to All But Metal and Tommorow Night (great lyrics in this one)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Tomorrow Night is killer  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't know, man. I am not sure I can do Steel Panther.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The real question is, would Steel Panther do you?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I knew someone from Australia was going to post that!  :lol

Offline Lowdz

The real question is, would Steel Panther do you?

Steel Panther will do anyone. Or anything 😱

Anyone who would rhyme Call of Duty with “stick it in your booty” is fine by me 😀
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:12:20 PM by Lowdz »

Offline Lowdz

I know TAC wasn’t impressed with the first Kane Roberts track but Alice is in this one. And there’s a hot chick so worth checking out. Growls too, which ruin twenty seconds of the song and weren’t at all necessary. But Alissa...  :heart

https://youtu.be/hhpOwuw-BsQ

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I know TAC wasn’t impressed with the first Kane Roberts track but Alice is in this one. And there’s a hot chick so worth checking out. Growls too, which ruin twenty seconds of the song and weren’t at all necessary. But Alissa...  :heart

Hah! I'll check it out right now. I did see that Alice was on a track, but that first Kane track was so bad.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
THAT.IS.FUCKING.AWESOME!

Offline Lowdz

Thought you might like it 😀

This one is worth a try, the new Leverage. I miss the old singer but this is really good. Goes all weird and atmospheric in the middle too. Not what I expected but in a good way.

https://youtu.be/pcFqCJmnVZ0

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Here's a picture of Kane Roberts cutting off the circulation to my head!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That guy at the back is creepy as fuck.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I know right! :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That video was pretty cool.  Not something I'd listen to over and over though.