Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908447 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Also just saw Fozzy live.  If you ever get a chance to see them I would recommend it as they put on a great live show!

I wouldn't have guessed you'd be the type of guy to go and watch stand up comedy j.  Waka Waka!!

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah Kade, you need to give High n Dry a dedicated listen at some point. Honestly, it's one of the most influential albums musically for me. I know Pyromania gets most of the love, but HnD is a lot heavier. Honestly, one of my favorite albums of all time.

I have tried Pyromania a couple of times and was impressed, even though it didn't quite stick so I will definitely have to try HnD.

HnD was before Phil Collen and his sixpack  joined the band  , so it is different in terms of personnel too.  Pete Willis on guitar with Steve Clark

Now reading this does interset me.  Phil really should have worked on his guitar playing as much as he did his washboard stomach.  His guitar playing has always been so lackluster.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I thank you Brent for crossing my path in life to introduce me to Shades of Art.  That is indeed an amazing album.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Not sure this qualifies as classic metal, but because TSO is basically what evolved from Savatage, I thought it fit.

So over the weekend, we went to TSO. We had floor seats, next to the soundboard. We get to our seats, about 45 minutes before the show is supposed to start, and a man comes up to us from TSO (I assume a road manager or someone), and asked if our daughter would like to take the final bow with the band at the end of the show. My daughter says absolutely (she's 10) and the guy tells us TSO doesn't do it all the time, and a lot of the time, the kids asked are too shy. So he says he'll come get us right before the last song.

After the second to last song, here he comes, and we walk over to the side of the stage (front row, all the way on the side), and says he'll come and get my daughter and walk her up the stairs to the band, and just to do what that man (he points to Al) tells her to do. She walks up, Al has her go out in front of the entire line of the band with Andrew Ross, and hold up a great TSO guitar, for all the applause. THen she walks back to the middle of the line, they all take the bow (my wife and I are now front row, taking pictures), and we walk back over to side stage. Andrew Ross then stops my daughter and says hold on, and takes the guitar that she held up (which he played during the final song), and says "this is for you!" It's a Paul O'Neil custom TSO ESP Limited, signed by the entire TSO band. Andrew played it, so it was actually used in the show. I stop him and was just flabbergasted. I was like "are you sure? Really?" and he says yes, and Merry Christmas.

So, my daughter now has an incredible signed guitar we're going to have put in a plastic case (Andrew gave her a custom guitar bag, but its just material, I need a display case) and hung in the den.

Talk about making her day, and something she'll remember (as will we) forever.

I'd include pictures, but I don't have any without my daughter in them, so I'd prefer not to put them on a public forum. But it was really, really special.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow that is amazing!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
So f'n cool!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

:o

That is awesome.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks guys. It was a pretty amazing night.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy shit, that's just superb!!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Wow, that's cool, definitely cool and awesome.  :metal :metal :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks again. Apparently it was a big deal in my daughter's class yesterday.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
As is should be. She wins Show n Tell hands down! Actually horns up!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice work  :2metal:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Heavy Metal Hippie

Walking with my dogs through the forest about an hour ago, out of the blue, I somehow remembered, how I was browsing the metal section of my favorite record store (run by an enthusiast, not by a chain).

I was superstitious regarding not to listen to an album before purchasing it, to not spoil the surprise and to make sure i'm giving it the dedication a work of art deserves (headphones and time).

So I bought two or three albums because the cover art was promising. One of these albums was:

I showed it to my father and he was really concerned that his son turned to a satanist and his life was doomed.
You are getting bro-fisted by todays parents for the same behaviour.

By the way: New Metal Church is kinda released. Will listen to it tonight. If it's on the same level as the last one:
 :metal

Unfortunatley the new Metal Church is clipping like crazy, even more than the last Megadeth. That makes it almost unlistenable for me. Sad because the music under the noise is very cool. If sombody should purchase the album and it doesn't clip, it would be nice to let me know.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another Starbreaker song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmF0cZZsL2g

This is a very good classy ballad if you ask me, and Tony sounds great.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The Metal Church was in my box when I got home today. Checked out the new DT track and the two new Flotsam & Jetsam tracks first.

New Flots out in January. Can't wait!!

I'm looking forward to the Starbreaker album.
I've only played their previous release one time, maybe I should give it another spin. My favorite -outside of TNT- Tony Harnell album is the first Westworld. 

Offline Lowdz

I've only played their previous release one time, maybe I should give it another spin. My favorite -outside of TNT- Tony Harnell album is the first Westworld.

There are three previous releases arentrhere?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I just got through the Metal Church.

Now I love Mike Howe era Metal Church. I liked the last album, XI. So it pains me to say this, but Damned If You Do kind of blows. That's my initial impression. I won't give up on it easily, but jeez, there's not much even remotely interesting going on.

The last track, The War Electric was pretty cool though.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

There's been two Starbreaker albums.  The debut self titled and Love's Dying Wish.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
And it sucked. And blew! :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

What do you think about the Haaaaaaaammmmming ? I think it's already metal history, but I don't know if I should smile or facepalm ? The incoming riff is majestic.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really enjoyed that run of Shark Island, Rocks Gang, Marcello and LaRue, great stuff, all of it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, that Teramaze song was great.

Classic Stratovarius.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, that Icon song was amazing.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks Kade - I was hanging out for a bit of feedback after all those downloads  :)

Make sure you check the tracklist for band names - there's some weird spelling in amongst them.

Roxx Gang
Marchello
Le Roux etc...

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sorry Brent. It's been a suck week.

I'll have some listening time this week. I'm on vacation.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Damn, that Icon song was amazing.

Agreed... that was one of the 5 that I singled out.  The others being Lord, Alejandro Silva, Badlands, and the feature band.  I gotta check those ones out.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

There's been two Starbreaker albums.  The debut self titled and Love's Dying Wish.

Yeah I was adding the Westworld albums in there too.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks Kade - I was hanging out for a bit of feedback after all those downloads  :)

Make sure you check the tracklist for band names - there's some weird spelling in amongst them.

Roxx Gang
Marchello
Le Roux etc...

No worries mate.  I only really get time to listen on the weekends.  Are you going to do a tracklist of the show or have I just missed that?