Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908596 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
The intro kicks all kinds of ass!!!   :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Downloaded, will check it out eventually. I'm pretty far behind on these podcasts I think. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Downloaded, will check it out eventually. I'm pretty far behind on these podcasts I think. :lol

Join the club - been over a year since the last one :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The intro kicks all kinds of ass!!!   :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

:2metal:

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully you guys didn't plan to send any of that in my next roulette... downloading right now.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice!! Will download when I get home from work!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks for the interest guys -  it seems the ideal gap between shows might be a year  ;D   Eighteen downloads so far so we have a few lurkers on board too.

As per usual the link is also in the OP along with a link to a track list.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:55:39 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
it seems the ideal gap between shows might be a year

Fuck that noise!

Excellent show - I added up 5 bands/acts on the 'check it out' list.  Very much liked the feature act (Chity can be hit-and-miss for me.... here it was a hit).

Salty Dawg!!   :metal
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

How was the setlist?

Short.

It was the whole of Mindcrime plus Best I Can, Silent Lucidity, Empire andJet City Woman.

Although the place was small and Geoff admitted it was probably the smallest gig he’d played, he seemed to enjoy it and he did not come across as at all douchy. There was probably a couple of hundred people there and the reaction was great.

Yup, that's the set we got here in the U.S. Glad he sounded good and you had a good time. I think those venues are what Tate is going to be doing, particularly now. When I saw him acoustically in 2017, he played for a crowd of less than 30 people, so if it was smaller than that. Wow.

There was certainly a couple of hundred people there but maybe he was referring to the actual venue rather than the crowd.

Offline Lowdz

Yay, a new podcast! Will download soon.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Brent, first off, it's great to hear you. Really missed the shows.

And that opening!!!! Way to go Ben!!

"A massive international audience of about 10 people"  :lol

"You're the most amazing guy" :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks for the interest guys -  it seems the ideal gap between shows might be a year  ;D   Eighteen downloads so far so we have a few lurkers on board too.

As per usual the link is also in the OP along with a link to a track list.

I haven't downloaded yet so at least 19.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

Downloaded and on a usb stick for the car  :metal. Move over 1984, the Brent and B3n show is in town :D

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
https://yadi.sk/d/7H7xuIZ-zRG6NA

The link above is to a new show I have done for you guys.   Things have been quiet on the podcast front for a few reasons - my piss poor personal situation and lotsa roulettes on constantly being among them.

Having said that I have been doing plenty of work very gradually in the background and have another 3 shows in the can to drip feed you through the holidays.

The show I am giving you first is something we haven't done in a while - a regular length show with no real theme which is so much easier to put together and more fun for me to be honest.  There is a feature band at the end too.

Oh.............and let me know what you think of our new intro/bumper.   ;)   Ben called in his contacts and pulled off a little coup for us

Downloaded. I'm a virgin to this. KISS is scary to me.  :lol

Add me to the international downloaders. Gonna check it out.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sam, the other podcasts are in the OP. You will not be sorry.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Downloaded. I'm a virgin to this. KISS is scary to me.  :lol

Add me to the international downloaders. Gonna check it out.

Awesome Brian - the more the merrier.   I really just bluff my way along and do the best I can with some very basic equipment - the payback for me is you guys enjoying a show containing music that you can't get anywhere else on the radio.   Each show has its classic material but the main goal is some new discoveries - a roulette without all the work  :)

We're up to 25 downloads now which is awesome..............for a show that gets no promotion outside of this thread.

I am having a listen to the belated Best of 2017 shows as we speak - will get at least one of those shows out before Christmas too.

If you do go back into the older shows I think the first 3-4 suffered a bit sound wise as I gradually figured out the quirks of the software . I had meant to go back and "remaster" those shows and never got around to it.   Happy to tidy up the sound on any of those earlier shows if anyone needs me to.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:21:30 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Brent, I'm only through the first half hour or so, but I wanted to echo your sentiments on Ozzmosis. I rank that as my 4th fave Ozzy album after Diary, Blizzard, and BATM.
You picked a great tune. See You On The Other Side is one of his best.

My Top 5 Ozzy songs are:
1. Diary Of A Madman
2. Waiting For Darkness
3. Mr. Crowley  ;D
4. See You On The Other Side
5. Over The Mountain

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I always really liked Ozzmosis too.  Never understood the negativity for it.

Offline ozzy554

I've never liked the production on Ozzmosis but the album itself I really like. Tomorrow is one of my favorite Ozzy tracks that nobody ever brings up. Old L.A Tonight as well is criminally underrated imo.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The production is brutal on Ozzmosis, but damn, those songs stand up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
My Jekyll Doesn't Hide and Thunder Underground... :metal :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Who let you in here? ;D

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Ozzmosis kicks ass.  I've always loved that album - I remember being 15 when it came out and it was the first time a new Ozzy album had been released since I became a fan.  Such awesome songs on that album.

Offline Lowdz

Well I was enjoying that until the usb stick died. You killed it with the awesome Lord track as it gave up the ghost after the next track.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Well I was enjoying that until the usb stick died. You killed it with the awesome Lord track as it gave up the ghost after the next track.

As a big Lord fan, that track is a nice one.  I agree with Brent that the 25 minute epic had me excited but I was underwhelmed.  Maybe revisiting might help.  Was just listening to the redone A Personal Journey the other day, great album.

I really liked that Def Leppard song.  I need to really go and check their earlier stuff it seems.  I just have always been put off by their late 80's hits.  That and guitar wise, they have nothing.

Offline Lowdz

As a big Lord fan, that track is a nice one.  I agree with Brent that the 25 minute epic had me excited but I was underwhelmed.  Maybe revisiting might help.  Was just listening to the redone A Personal Journey the other day, great album.

I really liked that Def Leppard song.  I need to really go and check their earlier stuff it seems.  I just have always been put off by their late 80's hits.  That and guitar wise, they have nothing.

High n dry is a great album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah Kade, you need to give High n Dry a dedicated listen at some point. Honestly, it's one of the most influential albums musically for me. I know Pyromania gets most of the love, but HnD is a lot heavier. Honestly, one of my favorite albums of all time.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Let It Go might be the quintessential hard rock tune.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah Kade, you need to give High n Dry a dedicated listen at some point. Honestly, it's one of the most influential albums musically for me. I know Pyromania gets most of the love, but HnD is a lot heavier. Honestly, one of my favorite albums of all time.

I have tried Pyromania a couple of times and was impressed, even though it didn't quite stick so I will definitely have to try HnD.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I have tried Pyromania a couple of times and was impressed, even though it didn't quite stick so I will definitely have to try HnD.

HnD was before Phil Collen and his sixpack  joined the band  , so it is different in terms of personnel too.  Pete Willis on guitar with Steve Clark

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Right. Pete Willis also had a 6 pack too....of beer.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The first three Def Leppard albums are awesome.  They definitely are straight up hard rock/metal and it would be a close between High N Dry and Pyromania for my favorite from DL.  I have Hysteria and I also like that one, but the sound it clearly changing with that one.  I have almost no interest in any of the post Hysteria albums.

Also just saw Fozzy live.  If you ever get a chance to see them I would recommend it as they put on a great live show!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The first three Def Leppard albums are awesome.  They definitely are straight up hard rock/metal and it would be a close between High N Dry and Pyromania for my favorite from DL.  I have Hysteria and I also like that one, but the sound it clearly changing with that one.  I have almost no interest in any of the post Hysteria albums.

Ditto to that pretty much - aside from the odd song here and there I have no real interest post Hysteria.

I saw Bon Jovi last night with 60,000 other poor sods at the MCG ....Zzzzzzzzzzz (and his voice is shot with a capital S ) .  But he's one of those guys who just has to flash a smile and the crown forgives all.    I knew what I was in for but Ben wanted to see them as he likes some of their early stuff and I got the tickets for free .  Unfortunately they didn't play the songs Ben wanted to hear (Runaway, Tokyo Road, Let It Rock  etc...)....in fact nothing at all pre-SWW.

Having seen Bon Jovi gives me a real appreciation for Def Leppard/Europe and how they are sounding (and still rocking) at their age.   The only guys in Bon Jovi with any sort of rockstar left in them are Tico Torres and Phil X .   Must make it hard to feel "rocking" when you've got backing singers and bongos/tambourines going next to you :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:27:52 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Yeah, having seen BJ in their glory days I don’t think I’d bother even for free. They haven’t rocked in a long time.

In regards to Def Lep, I like the first five - Adrenalize was decent but certainly not a patch on what had gone before.

Nothing much of interest after that one though