Author Topic: Songs from different bands that seem to go together  (Read 554 times)

Offline 425

Songs from different bands that seem to go together
« on: September 09, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »
I was sitting in class the other day when the piano solo section of Solitary Shell popped into my head. I started playing through that part of the song in my mind, as I'm sure many of you also do, but I got to a point where I couldn't remember what came next (the heavier part in the last thirty or so seconds of the song). For whatever reason, my mind jumped to the beginning of The Pills I'm Taking section from Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize (around 4:56, I suppose, though there are other points you could cut it at as well).

That got me thinking about songs from different bands that could be played into each other, possibly in a medley or just gaplessly back to back. Consider The Big Medley from the A Change of Seasons EP. I find it really interesting how DT strung together the songs of so many different bands and made it all sound seamless and interesting.

So I decided to make this thread to say if people had any cool combinations of songs or parts of songs from different artists to talk about. Feel free to list medleys of as many songs from as many different artists as you like, and feel free to post ideas that only include parts of songs (like my Solitary Shell -> The Pills I'm Taking example).

Side note: I wrote down "Solitary Shell/The Pills I'm Taking" on the nearest piece of paper because I wanted to remember the particular conversation. That piece of paper happened to be my homework that I inadvertently turned in without erasing that note. So my professor probably thinks I'm strange now.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
Re: Songs from different bands that seem to go together
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
I've always felt like Incubus' "Mexico" and Porcupine Tree's "Shesmovedon" would fit really well into each other.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
Re: Songs from different bands that seem to go together
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
How about Modest Mouse's, "Floating On" and Smash Mouth's, "All Star" together at the same time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEmJH7JsKgM

Amazing right?
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”