Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489755 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5565 on: November 08, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
I'm going to jump in to some Red Dead Online for a bit, for anyone interested  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5566 on: November 08, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »
I'm about to go grab some food with the fam. I'll be on a little later.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5567 on: November 08, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »
I did it again, had just saved a woman from a kidnapper and was about to untie her when I accidently kicked her in the head and killed her.  :(
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5568 on: November 08, 2019, 04:30:28 PM »
Is this because of some bad mechanism in the gameplay or just user error?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5569 on: November 08, 2019, 04:36:59 PM »
Pretty sure it's user error, because, if I recall correctly, it's different buttons for interacting and melee.....correct me if I'm wrong.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5570 on: November 08, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »
Pretty sure it's user error, because, if I recall correctly, it's different buttons for interacting and melee.....correct me if I'm wrong.
Yea exactly, it's a bit confusing at times but it's alright, makes for a good laugh.

Sidenote: As with R* games in general, the dialogue and the amount of recorded voiceovers for every freakin character in the game needs more praise. Sooo much detail it's a bit scary. I woke up in the middle of the night at the camp and joined some folks at the fireplace where Dutch was just randomly telling stories about his life.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:08:38 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5571 on: November 10, 2019, 10:56:19 AM »
Finally home and free to play this damn game.   :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5572 on: November 10, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
You are late to the party and everyone has already moved on :neverusethis:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5573 on: November 10, 2019, 02:50:43 PM »
Hollow Knight is so damn good and fun however its difficulty has kept me from getting very far. Dying accidentally a lot and being unable to locate where all my money is is very frustrating and not the kind of gameplay that encourages me to keep coming back. But boy is it beautiful and the music is gorgeous and it plays so fluidly...

One hour in... I have no idea what you guys are talking about. This game isn't hard at all!

Ten hours in... Oh, I see what you mean now.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5574 on: November 10, 2019, 08:36:15 PM »
This Outward game keeps going on sale. It's $20 on Steam. Anyone play it?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5575 on: November 11, 2019, 05:48:44 AM »
No, I don't even think I heard of it . . . .

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5576 on: November 11, 2019, 07:54:20 AM »
No, I don't even think I heard of it . . . .

It's a third-person action RPG that came out earlier this year.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5577 on: November 11, 2019, 08:08:38 AM »

I played single player for like 8 hours yesterday and at 9% completion.  The game is beautiful.  However, my fingers are not happy for the constant tapping of A (I'm playing with an xbox controller) to make that horse move faster.  I must say, I do feel like of those 8 hours played, 4 of them are spent traveling, and 3 are spent on cut scenes.  It's kind of frustrating to play for so long and feel like I'm not actually doing anything.  However, the first "big" mission of the train was so cinematic and fun, makes up for the down time I guess.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5578 on: November 11, 2019, 08:10:49 AM »
I see that Torchlight 2 has been released on console some time ago. I'm thinking about getting it. Anyone else played it?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5579 on: November 11, 2019, 08:18:29 AM »

I played single player for like 8 hours yesterday and at 9% completion.  The game is beautiful.  However, my fingers are not happy for the constant tapping of A (I'm playing with an xbox controller) to make that horse move faster.  I must say, I do feel like of those 8 hours played, 4 of them are spent traveling, and 3 are spent on cut scenes.  It's kind of frustrating to play for so long and feel like I'm not actually doing anything.  However, the first "big" mission of the train was so cinematic and fun, makes up for the down time I guess.

I actually really like the pacing of the game, it's very deliberate. Did you play RDR1?  I played it right after RDR2 and the pacing felt very much the same.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5580 on: November 11, 2019, 08:22:53 AM »
Yea, but I played that back on release many years ago.  I remember feeling the same, I hated spending so much time riding the horses makes me miss just hitting the gas in GTA.  The cut scenes are fine, since like all Rockstar games, they are usually pretty entertaining but they are long and so many.  Personally, I like a bit faster pace, at least I can skip the cut scenes if I want but is there a fast travel in the game eventually? 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5581 on: November 11, 2019, 08:30:42 AM »
Yea, but I played that back on release many years ago.  I remember feeling the same, I hated spending so much time riding the horses makes me miss just hitting the gas in GTA.  The cut scenes are fine, since like all Rockstar games, they are usually pretty entertaining but they are long and so many.  Personally, I like a bit faster pace, at least I can skip the cut scenes if I want but is there a fast travel in the game eventually?
You can eventually get a way to fast travel to the major towns/cities from camp, but you can also take trains and coaches as a means of fast travel. Personally I love the slower pacing. Just riding around, exploring. So many games seem to be built for people with no attention span these days, that RDR2 it a refreshing change of pace. All of my favorite games these days seem to be much slower paced. Red Dead, Elite Dangerous, Divinity Original Sin 2, then my favorite game of all time Morrowind.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5582 on: November 11, 2019, 08:31:54 AM »
Sort of, you can take the wagon carts or trains to get between cities but if you're doing a mission you'll most likely be riding your horse because a lot of story exposition will be given out during those rides.

Once you get into the later chapters the story really ramps up and the riding doesn't get so bad.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5583 on: November 11, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »
Yea, like all their games, you can't fast travel within the mission.  ALthough I just read about upgrading your base camp to enable quick travel.  The world is certainly beautiful enough to explore, but at some points I just want to get into the meat of things.  I did do a few side things I saw pop up while traveling before, like hunt a deer and save a woman, but those things will get boring soon enough like all side quests eventually get once you've done enough of them.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5584 on: November 11, 2019, 09:39:59 AM »
You can eventually get a way to fast travel to the major towns/cities from camp, but you can also take trains and coaches as a means of fast travel. Personally I love the slower pacing. Just riding around, exploring. So many games seem to be built for people with no attention span these days, that RDR2 it a refreshing change of pace. All of my favorite games these days seem to be much slower paced. Red Dead, Elite Dangerous, Divinity Original Sin 2, then my favorite game of all time Morrowind.

That's a damn solid list.

I can't wait for it to drop on Steam. Haven't played much games on my PC for the last two or three years (read: almost none at all, I think I re-played Baldur's Gate and that's about it), but I'll probably give this one a go.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5585 on: November 11, 2019, 10:20:11 AM »
I see that Torchlight 2 has been released on console some time ago. I'm thinking about getting it. Anyone else played it?

Actually, never heard of it.  Will have to look it up in the Playstation store.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5586 on: November 11, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
Yea, like all their games, you can't fast travel within the mission.  ALthough I just read about upgrading your base camp to enable quick travel.  The world is certainly beautiful enough to explore, but at some points I just want to get into the meat of things.  I did do a few side things I saw pop up while traveling before, like hunt a deer and save a woman, but those things will get boring soon enough like all side quests eventually get once you've done enough of them.

I'm in Cram's boat on this one. As beautiful as the world is, there are times I just want to be on the other side of the map. The time it annoys me the most is if I'm playing on line and the person I want to meet up with is a 10 minute horse ride away.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5587 on: November 11, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
I bought this game called Lapis x Labyrinth and it has the most excessive visual feedback I've ever seen in a game, might be up there with Disgaea in terms of how over the top Japanese and crazy it is. I love it. Looter platformer (plootformer!) that takes the whole idea of "just one more round..." and runs with it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5588 on: November 11, 2019, 12:55:00 PM »
I bought Disco Elysium about a week ago. The writing in this game is super good.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5589 on: November 11, 2019, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm going to be playing some Red Dead Online for a bit if anyone else is around.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5590 on: November 11, 2019, 03:19:05 PM »
I'm going to be playing some Red Dead Online for a bit if anyone else is around.

I plan on being on tonight, send me that discord when you get a chance.

I only loaded up online last night to create my character, but I didn't complete that first mission yet.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5591 on: November 11, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »

I only loaded up online last night to create my character, but I didn't complete that first mission yet.
Oh, I meant to send you the discord link the other day and forgot. I'll send it right now.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5592 on: November 11, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »

Oh, I meant to send you the discord link the other day and forgot. I'll send it right now.

it's all good, I didn't ask because I think those links are timed and I wasn't home to accept it at the time.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5593 on: November 11, 2019, 03:27:31 PM »

it's all good, I didn't ask because I think those links are timed and I wasn't home to accept it at the time.
Yeah, you should have a PM with an invite link now.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5594 on: November 11, 2019, 03:29:18 PM »
Yup, still at work though, probably be on around 730pm EST

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5595 on: November 11, 2019, 09:50:17 PM »
You can eventually get a way to fast travel to the major towns/cities from camp, but you can also take trains and coaches as a means of fast travel. Personally I love the slower pacing. Just riding around, exploring. So many games seem to be built for people with no attention span these days, that RDR2 it a refreshing change of pace.

I think this is the only game I never fast traveled in unless it was part of the story.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5596 on: November 12, 2019, 01:18:00 AM »
So I encountered the clan the other day...  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5597 on: November 12, 2019, 08:10:15 AM »
I literally was crying from laughter last night when Chino fed my horse some hay to help calm her down and then I accidentally punched the horse in the face after pissing it right back off :rollin

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5598 on: November 12, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
I literally was crying from laughter last night when Chino fed my horse some hay to help calm her down and then I accidentally punched the horse in the face after pissing it right back off :rollin

:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5599 on: November 12, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »
 :lol the timing was just perfect though and the graphics are so great, just that full punch to the horses face looked so legit, im laughing out loud just thinking about it.  I wish I was recording that.