Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489685 times)

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5495 on: November 02, 2019, 07:40:44 AM »
Watched some reviews for Death Stranding. No thanks. Doesn't look very appealing to me and I'm absolutely not spending 60 bucks for it.

I read a couple of reviews (one praising it and one meh-ing it) and it doesn't seem like a game I'd be into.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5496 on: November 02, 2019, 07:44:19 AM »
I've heard people call it a walking simulator, lol. And after watching a bunch of reviews, I tend to agree.

After a couple months, if I see it on discount for like 20 bucks, then I might buy it just for the hell of it, but definitely not now.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5497 on: November 02, 2019, 08:16:22 AM »
Death Stranding looks impressive, visually, but it also looks like a horribly tedious nightmare of a game that would be much better as an HBO series IMHO
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5498 on: November 02, 2019, 09:45:32 AM »
RDR2 pre-load has started  :metal

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5499 on: November 02, 2019, 03:49:15 PM »
RDR2 pre-load has started  :metal

That's cool. I didn't know games could be pre-loaded that early. I remember when my step son bought RDR2 for PS4 the day it came out and he had to wait almost all damn day for the download.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5500 on: November 02, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
Yea it's a huge download and they only have this option in the rockstar game launcher so it's a ploy to buy the game from them but it worked. I won't be able to play on release day but when I get home from LA next friday I want to be able to play quickly so this sold me on buying it from them.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5501 on: November 02, 2019, 04:34:08 PM »
Played Keep talking and nobody explodes with the family tonight.

Very nice VR game where the one whith the goggles has to tell the others what he/she sees on a bomb and they have to help him/her disarm the bomb by finding clues in a manual.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5502 on: November 02, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »
I've heard that Keep talking is a lot of fun to play. i think they had a mobile version of the game out as well.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5503 on: November 02, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »
I've heard that Keep talking is a lot of fun to play. i think they had a mobile version of the game out as well.

Yeah it's available on other platforms as well. You can play it as a standard PC game or on Switch for instance although it felt ideally suited for VR as there is no chance for the helpers to see the bomb as it's only visible in the goggles.
That makes it  much more immersive for the one in the game and makes it more important with good communication.

Was really fun

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5504 on: November 02, 2019, 04:45:13 PM »

Cool, seen that played before on someone's YT channel. Looked like a neat idea.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5505 on: November 02, 2019, 05:00:50 PM »

Cool, seen that played before on someone's YT channel. Looked like a neat idea.

Yeah it's cool that you have to cooperate and communicate in order to succeed.

I think it's the best use of VR in a game that I have seen so far. Although I haven't played too much. The HTC set is my sons and not mine....

Beat saber is really cool though, slicing up things in time with music is quite nice.... whish it had some other music though

Super hot in VR is also very cool..... moving slowly and slicing up bullets coming at you feels very cool

But the cooperation in Keep talking is what makes it extra special.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5506 on: November 02, 2019, 05:51:40 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5507 on: November 02, 2019, 09:22:04 PM »
Yea it's a huge download and they only have this option in the rockstar game launcher so it's a ploy to buy the game from them but it worked. I won't be able to play on release day but when I get home from LA next friday I want to be able to play quickly so this sold me on buying it from them.

Oh that's kinda crappy. When Deus Ex Humang Revolution came out, I only got to play it for a day or two before I went away for a week. Hard times.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5508 on: November 04, 2019, 07:56:54 AM »
Alright boys. Clean off those hats, shine them spurs, and make sure your saddle is properly secured, because tomorrow night we ride.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5509 on: November 04, 2019, 08:17:22 AM »
Can't wait! I'm a bit bummed I didn't buy through R* after all, I went through Epic and they have no preload which is annoying.  :-\
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5510 on: November 04, 2019, 08:20:26 AM »
Can't wait! I'm a bit bummed I didn't buy through R* after all, I went through Epic and they have no preload which is annoying.  :-\

Damn, that sucks. You could have gotten two free games too.   

I think my download took less than 2.5 hours, so hopefully you aren't waiting that long.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5511 on: November 04, 2019, 08:39:32 AM »
Need for Speed Heat this Friday!  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5512 on: November 04, 2019, 09:03:51 AM »

I think my download took less than 2.5 hours, so hopefully you aren't waiting that long.
Yea it's not that big of a deal, I have a pretty good internet connection but it would've been nice to have it ready when it's released. However i'm not sure what time it's available so I may not be able to play it at that time anyway.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5513 on: November 04, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »

Yea it's not that big of a deal, I have a pretty good internet connection but it would've been nice to have it ready when it's released. However i'm not sure what time it's available so I may not be able to play it at that time anyway.

I did the thing not realizing you could only do the preload through rockstar.  I got a refund and bought it through rockstar, which got me a free game (LA Noire since I had the others).  And successfully completed the preload before leaving for LA.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a launch update by the time I get home, but definitely hoping to just be able to jump in late Friday night.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5514 on: November 04, 2019, 09:20:46 AM »

I did the thing not realizing you could only do the preload through rockstar.  I got a refund and bought it through rockstar, which got me a free game (LA Noire since I had the others).  And successfully completed the preload before leaving for LA.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a launch update by the time I get home, but definitely hoping to just be able to jump in late Friday night.

I'll cancel all plans for Friday night if you guys want to get down with the get down.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5515 on: November 04, 2019, 09:39:18 AM »
Actually I just checked and I won't be home until like 1:30am at best so don't cancel any plans for me.  I guess I realistically won't be firing this up Friday night like I thought.  Saturday it is.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5516 on: November 04, 2019, 09:40:58 AM »
Have fun guys, I'm going to pick it up on steam next month. Let me know if there is any stuff behind a paywall because I was casually listen to a review on the pc version and the pay stuff was real bullshit apparently.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5517 on: November 04, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
Enjoy Red Dead! It is a fantastic ride. One with stiff gameplay and slow pacing, but a masterpiece regardless in my opinion. And I am sure the pc version looks bonkers.

I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Good lord what awful writing. It makes the first game look like a literary masterpiece. Not a single character is likable or makes any sense. And in almost every regard it is weaker than the definitive version of the first reboot (which I finished last year and actually loved). How in the fuck did this game score so well. I still had a good time and the game had some solid highlights (I am a sucker for linear rollercoaster games like this), but it's potential is wasted on so many levels. Just did a bit of Shadows and it looks a million times better, characters act better, cutscenes look beter, gameplay feels a tad better. Maybe that game falls apart later on (as Shadows scored pretty low) but it leaves a much better first impression than Rise.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5518 on: November 04, 2019, 06:28:49 PM »
Alright boys. Clean off those hats, shine them spurs, and make sure your saddle is properly secured, because tomorrow night we ride.

Lets do it!

Do any of you have a Discord server that we will be using?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5519 on: November 04, 2019, 07:08:15 PM »
I'm envious of people that get to experience that game for the first time. I would love to go back and experience everything again. I think it will be Rockstar's Masterpiece. They were able to tell a story in a setting and way that they can't do in GTA--it truly was an honor to play it. Arthur is one of the greatest protagonists in a game, maybe ever
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5520 on: November 04, 2019, 07:33:17 PM »
While I am excited to finally enter the world and play the story, I may be more excited for what will come eventually with multiplayer.  I don't expect it to be great to start, but the potential on PC is just huge. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5521 on: November 04, 2019, 09:33:18 PM »
While I am excited to finally enter the world and play the story, I may be more excited for what will come eventually with multiplayer.  I don't expect it to be great to start, but the potential on PC is just huge.
Considering all of the awesome custom role play servers for GTA5, I expect nothing less for RDR2.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5522 on: November 04, 2019, 09:33:22 PM »
I'm envious of people that get to experience that game for the first time. I would love to go back and experience everything again. I think it will be Rockstar's Masterpiece. They were able to tell a story in a setting and way that they can't do in GTA--it truly was an honor to play it. Arthur is one of the greatest protagonists in a game, maybe ever

I wish I could've played the first game and then played the second back to back. I haven't played the first game since it came out and I didn't remember any details from the first game or any of the characters except for John Marston.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5523 on: November 05, 2019, 06:31:26 AM »

I wish I could've played the first game and then played the second back to back. I haven't played the first game since it came out and I didn't remember any details from the first game or any of the characters except for John Marston.

I think on the next gen of consoles we'll see a remaster that includes RDR and RDR2, making one massive, seamless story in glorious 4K.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5524 on: November 05, 2019, 07:34:53 AM »
I almost took today off to play Red Dead, but it looks like most people are struggling to do so. Looks like the launch is a total shit show.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5525 on: November 05, 2019, 09:15:20 AM »
I almost took today off to play Red Dead, but it looks like most people are struggling to do so. Looks like the launch is a total shit show.

Online or SP?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5526 on: November 05, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »

:lol Our work "gamers" chat started with someone questioning who was offline today

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5527 on: November 05, 2019, 09:34:12 AM »

Online or SP?

The whole thing. People can't even launch the game, and many that do are having the game crash in the opening cinematic.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5528 on: November 05, 2019, 10:08:24 AM »
It is what it is I guess, i'm not suprised. Was the console launch the same? I can't remember.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5529 on: November 05, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »
This is why I never play online games on opening day lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"