Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479471 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4760 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
The first new game mode sine the beta released is being added to Red Dead Online today . It's called Gun Rush and it's a battle royale mode.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4761 on: January 10, 2019, 06:05:23 PM »
Yeah, I figure the 1080 will be more than enough to last me a few years until I feel like doing another massive overhaul to my entire rig. I'm not quite sure what to expect to pay for it though. I had a 780 in mine prior, but I don't want to drop TOO much money on the 1080 since it's, well, a few years old. I'll still pay a fair price though.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4762 on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:47 PM »
Uhhh yeah a GTX 1080 is absolutely still top of the line. I'm keeping mine for another two years unless my money situation changes drastically soon. Or until Nvidia stops putting their sausages into their customer's keisters. Don't let the tech industry pull one over on you, you do NOT need any kind of RTX unless you absolutely HAVE to have top of the top of the top of the line. As of now, RTX is a fad. It's a joke in terms of what the customers get from price to performance ratio. If you have money to burn, okay yes, it's awesome. If not, it's a slap to the face. Like all techonlogy that jumps quicker than the industry can keep up with, it's going to be a good loooong while before we see games using RTX in the everyday scenario that doesn't utterly destroy the FPS.

So absolutely, if you can find a 1080 that's around 350-420, do it. I just sold one on ebay for 500 bucks (I wasn't scamming, that was the Buy It Now price and for some reason someone did it; there wasn't even any bids yet lmao, which I will not argue against since I'm broke) so there is still a HUGE market for it because again, anyone that knows the technology beyond laymen terms knows that a 1080 is still an extremely powerful card that, unless you're going 4K, is good to go for at least a couple years to come.

It's a weird time for the GPU industry because we've got mining cards on the market still, we've got RTX breaking out of the gates saying that it's revolutionary when in reality it's nothing more than a fad (twice over, barring those that have the money and monitors for it) and Nvidia is sitting on a goldmine of Pascal cards that are perfectly adequate (or more so, in my opinion, when it comes to the 1080ti). Be wary, look in detail over what cards your buying (i.e. don't buy an ebay card that uses stock photos that is SUPER cheap and also don't buy a card that has "mining" every other word because it's probably someone trying to slip their beef in your taco).

eBay absolutely has the price to performance ratio down, you just have to look for it. There's tons of people out there wanting to upgrade that will sell off their near-perfect 1080's for a whoooole lot cheaper than retail price, it just takes a little detail oriented eyeing and some luck.

In actual video game news. RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE DEMO MY BOIS!!!! I'M ABOUT TO PLAY IT AHHHH! I cannot believe it's 30 minute demo but I know that once I'm done I'll be glad because I'd literally play it every day until the actual game releases if there was no cut off and probably get burned out. I never thought this would happen after how long the wait between the REmake and RE2...make. But it's here. Kind of. Fuck YES.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #4763 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:23 PM »
Fuck that 30 minute demo. I want more.  :rollin :rollin Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

RIP DTP.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4764 on: January 11, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »
I agree with Tio, I bought a 2080 simply because I wanted a new gen card. That being said I'm about to install Battlefield V to see how abyssal RTX is.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4765 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:00 PM »
Awesome, a 1080 it is then. Time to save. :)

I was under the impression that since the 1080 was a few years old there was already a card out there just as good if not better for what I'd pay for a 1080, but again I've fallen way out of the loop since the Switch came out and stole my attention for gaming.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4766 on: January 12, 2019, 07:35:40 PM »
Yeah a 1080 is still one of the top cards and the new ones are only slightly better but not significantly at all, plus barely any games that support RTX  :P . Now that the cryptocurrency madness has been slowly dying, you can get a 1080 Ti for peanuts.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4767 on: January 12, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »
I can't freaking wait to finally play Monster Hunter World...

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4768 on: January 13, 2019, 06:02:49 AM »
The crypto market really wrecked gpu prices for a while.

Go to www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales and check daily. Occasionally some good deals on a 1080 or 1080ti will pop up. I think a few days ago there was a 1080 for something like $380.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4769 on: January 13, 2019, 06:01:39 PM »
Thank you Reaper!  :metal

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4770 on: January 14, 2019, 06:50:50 AM »
I have a 1080 myself and so far it can handle everything I throw at it, it's a great card.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4771 on: January 14, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
Fuck that 30 minute demo. I want more.  :rollin :rollin Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I am playing the Resident evil 2 demo now. Holy shit. Not only is it damn good, but creepy as fuck. I remember being freaked out by the original when I was like 8, but this is a WHOLE nother level. God damn

I hope this game does real well.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #4772 on: January 15, 2019, 04:53:48 PM »
Any really good golf games on the newer consoles?  Links 2004 is by far the best of all golf games I've played, and that was on the original Xbox and PC's at the time. The Tiger Woods games don't even hold a candle to Links 2004.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4773 on: January 16, 2019, 04:38:32 AM »
I still plat Tiger Woods golf 07 on ps3 :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4774 on: January 16, 2019, 05:25:55 AM »
By far my favorite golfing game was Lee Carvallo's putting challenge  ;)

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4775 on: January 16, 2019, 06:17:06 AM »
In all seriousness, Mario Golf on N64 was one of the best golfing games ever made.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4776 on: January 16, 2019, 07:08:43 AM »
Are there any new golfing games?  I haven't played one in ages and based on the comments here seems the best were all from the past.  Feels like wrestling games, although I know they spit one out every year or so, but the best are the old ones from N64 (No Mercy FTW).

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #4777 on: January 17, 2019, 08:02:22 AM »
i've wanted to pick up everybody's golf. its made by the same team that did hot shots golf

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4778 on: January 17, 2019, 04:39:12 PM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4779 on: January 18, 2019, 06:54:45 AM »
Well I finished the man story of Red Dead II and just started the epilogue. Easily the best game I've ever played. They really did a great job with all of the character development.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #4780 on: January 21, 2019, 07:13:22 PM »
Games like that really make me itch for a PS4. And I'll be forced by the will of my internal Kingdom Hearts fanboi to buy one soon anyway, so that's good to hear.

It's really a shame that Rockstar hasn't utilized a department dedicated strictly to PC because they'd be making BANK and make a whole lot of gamers happy. It really sucks.

RIP DTP.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4781 on: January 21, 2019, 07:51:03 PM »
I just started chapter 6 on rdr 2. The story just gets better and better. I have God Of War waiting on deck to play next.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4782 on: January 21, 2019, 08:18:24 PM »
Well I finished the man story of Red Dead II and just started the epilogue. Easily the best game I've ever played. They really did a great job with all of the character development.

I ripped through the campaign because I wanted to finish it before Online launched. Last night I went back to the single player for the first time since Online came out, and I have to say, it's really spectacular. With no missions or tasks to worry about, I just roamed around and explored in depth for the first time. There is so much stuff in the world, I don't even know where to begin. It's almost like no matter where you go in that world, it looks like an excruciating level of detail was spent on every square inch of it.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4783 on: January 22, 2019, 06:34:48 AM »

I ripped through the campaign because I wanted to finish it before Online launched. Last night I went back to the single player for the first time since Online came out, and I have to say, it's really spectacular. With no missions or tasks to worry about, I just roamed around and explored in depth for the first time. There is so much stuff in the world, I don't even know where to begin. It's almost like no matter where you go in that world, it looks like an excruciating level of detail was spent on every square inch of it.

For sure! I'm going to finish the epilogue this week and then I'll be in the same situation. Planning on getting 100% so it will be fun to just explore the world.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4784 on: January 22, 2019, 09:08:34 AM »
Games like that really make me itch for a PS4. And I'll be forced by the will of my internal Kingdom Hearts fanboi to buy one soon anyway, so that's good to hear.

It's really a shame that Rockstar hasn't utilized a department dedicated strictly to PC because they'd be making BANK and make a whole lot of gamers happy. It really sucks.

If you go on twitch and see what games people are watching, GTA5 is usually still pretty high on the list and how old is that game now?  :lol I don't understand why Rockstar hasn't invested more into PC, there's just a huge market there for it and I'd imagine RDR2 would be near the top of most watched games.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4785 on: January 22, 2019, 09:18:10 AM »

If you go on twitch and see what games people are watching, GTA5 is usually still pretty high on the list and how old is that game now?  :lol I don't understand why Rockstar hasn't invested more into PC, there's just a huge market there for it and I'd imagine RDR2 would be near the top of most watched games.
There's a business strategy in NOT releasing for every platform at the same time. Like they did for GTA V, release for the old consoles only first to dry that market out and sometime later for the new consoles and dry that out and lastly release for the PC and follow that with a gazillion DLCs. R* knows how to suck it's customers dry. Something similar will happen for RDO.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4786 on: January 25, 2019, 05:22:50 AM »
Resident Evil 2 just came out today. I am both terrified and in love with this game.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4787 on: January 25, 2019, 06:48:05 AM »
Vid card update: Decided to pick up a 1050TI for under $200 because I'm impatient.  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4788 on: January 25, 2019, 10:40:32 AM »
Really excited for Metro: Exodus next month!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4789 on: January 25, 2019, 01:22:19 PM »
For anyone playing Subnautica, Below Zero goes to early acces next week. Sure i'm a bit tired of early access but still i'm excited to play a diffrent biome in Subnautica.

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/below-zero-early-access/

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4790 on: January 25, 2019, 02:13:10 PM »
Metroid Prime 4 development not going well and goes back to the drawing board.

https://mashable.com/article/metroid-prime-4-delay/#WK5AJocEbPqN

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4791 on: January 25, 2019, 02:40:57 PM »

I kind of had a feeling news like this was gonna happen, considering that we've heard almost nothing since the announcement trailer. I wish they would have just gotten Retro to do it in the first place, but am glad its back into competent hands rather then get released as some half baked shit show. I'm willing to wait, but it would be nice to have Prime trilogy on the Switch to hold me over...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4792 on: January 25, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »
Primes 1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all time on any system/console. And 3 was highly enjoyable. I haven't had any intention of buying a Switch (lack of funds and free time) but the mere thought of another Prime game has me itching for one.

Somehow in my NES/SNES years I never owned Metroid/Super Metroid so only got around to those much later in life.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #4793 on: January 25, 2019, 02:49:03 PM »

I kind of had a feeling news like this was gonna happen, considering that we've heard almost nothing since the announcement trailer. I wish they would have just gotten Retro to do it in the first place, but am glad its back into competent hands rather then get released as some half baked shit show. I'm willing to wait, but it would be nice to have Prime trilogy on the Switch to hold me over...

I'm willing to wait some more for a great Metroid Prime sequel. Exciting to hear that Retro Studios is back at the helm, like it should be!

I might even buy a Switch for this game.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4794 on: January 25, 2019, 03:06:49 PM »
Resident Evil 2 just came out today. I am both terrified and in love with this game.

That's makes at least 2 of us. :lol  I'm on my way to pick it up now.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White