Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479297 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4305 on: June 10, 2018, 06:28:49 PM »
I'm so fucking pumped. CD Projekt Red is one of the few studios that is insta buy from me.

Checkout the hidden message in the trailer:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #4306 on: June 10, 2018, 07:00:08 PM »
N++ is fighting for title of 'most difficult game I've ever played.'

It's a rewarding kind of difficulty. It's a platformer that requires speed and precision, and you're on the edge of your seat. Some of these levels are straight up bullshit, but it's such an incredibly satisfying feeling when you finally beat it. I've beaten about 700 levels so far I think, and I've reached one that's just pushed me to the limit. Has anyone else played it (on Switch or PS4? or PC if it's on there too?) - it's one of the greatest platformers ever made in my opinion. Wide range of difficulty. The color palettes are awesome, too.
i've not played n++ specifically but i've just never been too into the gamplay of the n games. dunno. i love me some platformers but i'm also really picky about them, i've just been going back to celeste over and over this year 'cause it's so good lol

Celeste is on my list. Matt Makes Games made the Jumper games for PC waaaay back in the day and I obsessed over those games, and a couple others he made, so I know it's going to be a good time.
it's probably the best 2D straight-up platformer i've ever played, ngl

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4307 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:12 PM »
Devolver Digital delivered the goods  :metal

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #4308 on: June 11, 2018, 12:22:42 AM »
I'm so fucking pumped. CD Projekt Red is one of the few studios that is insta buy from me.

Checkout the hidden message in the trailer:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

CDPR have become rockstars in the gaming world! CP2077 and Kingdom Hearts 3 have been highlights of the e3 for me. Still waiting for Metroid Prime 4..

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4309 on: June 11, 2018, 12:46:05 AM »
Godammit Bethesda, soo many cool things to come!

Fallout 76
Doom Eternal
Prey: Mooncrash
Starfield
The Elder Scrolls VI

and then all the other upcoming games:

Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Just Cause 4
The Division 2
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Metro: Exodus
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 07:18:11 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #4310 on: June 11, 2018, 04:55:56 AM »
Also: Wolfenstein:  Young Blood (spinoff with Blazkowitz's two daughters)  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4311 on: June 11, 2018, 04:57:56 AM »
Lots of cool shit. I can't wait to play some of these games.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4312 on: June 11, 2018, 07:18:52 AM »
So many games with guns. Guns guns guns. Jeeze. Gets kind of boring after a while; how many post-apocalyptic, obnoxious shooters can we get?

Okay, cynicism aside, Microsoft and Bethesda had two very, very good shows, and even though I'll never buy an Xbox One (chief factors being time and money), I'm excited for all the fans of Xbox and those franchises, because there was so much cool stuff being shown off between those two conferences. It's just a shame Elder Scrolls 6 is that far off, but it also sounds like Bethesda has their hands as full as possible.

Looking forward to Nintendo's presentation tomorrow - that's where my interest lies, and my backlog is already pretty enormous, so this isn't going to help. Mainly excited about Smash, Pokemon, and Metroid news, but there are those lovely off-the-wall surprises that I'm anticipating, and hopefully finally some word on Pikmin 4 and Animal Crossing.

E3: the Gamer's Christmas.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4313 on: June 11, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
Godammit Bethesda, soo many cool things to come!

Fallout 76
Doom Eternal
Prey: Mooncrash
Starfield
The Elder Scrolls VI

and then all the other upcoming games:

Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2
Just Cause 4
The Division 2
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Metro: Exodus

:metal  I felt like there haven't been nearly as many good games over the last year, so this list is really nice to see and get me excited for some new games.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4314 on: June 11, 2018, 09:00:01 PM »
Sony's presentation was a freaking mess  :lol :'( .

At least we got to see more of Death Stranding and Resident Evil 2 remake was shown  :metal

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #4315 on: June 11, 2018, 11:43:36 PM »
Assassin's Creed: We got rid of the Assassins and just made it The Witcher in Greece. Coming soon!

I mean, Odyssey still looks good. It's clearly made using Origins engine, and I liked Origins enough, but it's set 400 years before the Assassins even exist and just looks like a completely different series besides the interface, the parkour and the ancient civilization super-weapon shit. I'll begrudgingly play it and begrudgingly enjoy it, probably.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4316 on: June 12, 2018, 04:50:28 AM »

At least we got to see more of Death Stranding and Resident Evil 2 remake was shown  :metal

I don't even know what to think of death stranding. But honestly, that latest footage didn't really do anything for me.

RE2 remakes looks sweet though. MANY hours spent with the original.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4317 on: June 12, 2018, 07:28:44 AM »

I don't even know what to think of death stranding. But honestly, that latest footage didn't really do anything for me.

RE2 remakes looks sweet though. MANY hours spent with the original.

Nice, a RE2 remake sounds really fun.  I can't really say I have much history buying and enjoying remakes but I absolutely loved the first two RE as a kid and I stumbled upon the RE1 remake on steam awhile ago and really enjoyed my playthrough.  I'd definitely buy and probably have even more fun with a RE2 remake.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4318 on: June 12, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »
New Smash looks cool, kinda disappointed they didn't show any Metroid Prime 4 stuff tho

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4319 on: June 12, 2018, 11:49:12 AM »

2018 YEAR OF SMASH
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?

2018 YEAR OF SMASH

When I got my Switch, there were three games I knew I needed. Already got Breath of the Wild and this is on the horizon, so all I need is a new Nintendogs
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4321 on: June 12, 2018, 02:41:18 PM »
New Smash looks cool, kinda disappointed they didn't show any Metroid Prime 4 stuff tho

I am shocked they didn't show anything for metroid prime 4. (Makes me feel as if there are development issues and it was not ready to be shown), but I will remain optimistic and just assume everything is A OK...

I will buy smash though

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4322 on: June 12, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
Don't follow these things as I am not a huge gamer and due to money and time constraints, am usually a generation or two behind the latest consoles/games. But as a huge mark for Metroid Prime, I was hoping to see something about 4.

Recommended Obduction by brother in law, so might try that next. That N++ game looks pretty neat too.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4323 on: June 12, 2018, 02:47:03 PM »
Don't follow these things as I am not a huge gamer and due to money and time constraints, am usually a generation or two behind the latest consoles/games. But as a huge mark for Metroid Prime, I was hoping to see something about 4.

Recommended Obduction by brother in law, so might try that next. That N++ game looks pretty neat too.

Obduction's not too bad.  I highly anticipated it since I was a myst and riven freak, but I found it to be kind of a let down. Gets a little too esoteric as the story progresses. I hope you like it though, and I wish there were more games like it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4324 on: June 12, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »
I too am very surprised Nintendo didn't show anything of Metroid... or Pikmin or Animal Crossing or even Yoshi... but honestly the Switch has a massively impressive library already and this is definitely the year of Smash. I wasn't expecting them to put so much content into this one, I expected maybe a few changes but nothing at the level of Ultimate. I'm even more hyped right now than earlier.

This seems like a good E3 for damn near everyone other than EA and Square diehards but in general Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are doing very well. If we're doing the whole 'who won E3' thing however I gotta say Microsoft came out swinging and even though I have no interest in ever buying an Xbox their lineup was mighty fine.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #4325 on: June 12, 2018, 06:56:19 PM »

Obduction's not too bad.  I highly anticipated it since I was a myst and riven freak, but I found it to be kind of a let down. Gets a little too esoteric as the story progresses. I hope you like it though, and I wish there were more games like it.

It felt like it ended one or two areas too soon. I heard the kickstarter didn't make enough money for them to make the final area as dense as the other three, which is why you basically just walk right through it at the end of the game. Really makes Obduction feel short compared to its Myst predecessors.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4326 on: June 13, 2018, 11:48:31 PM »
Seen lots of praise for the Witcher franchise here, and just noticed there is a sale on those games at Steam. Buying now.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4327 on: June 14, 2018, 12:00:33 AM »
Seen lots of praise for the Witcher franchise here, and just noticed there is a sale on those games at Steam. Buying now.
2 and 3 are fantastic. The first game is good but the gameplay mechanics are rather clunky and it's generally pretty dated. But definitely worth playing as part of the trilogy.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4328 on: June 14, 2018, 05:12:08 AM »
1st game is awesome, but yeah, it is the definition of eurojank.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4329 on: June 14, 2018, 10:46:10 AM »
Thanks for the notes on the games guys, and the new word to add to my lexicon.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4330 on: June 15, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
I never thought we'd get Dying Light 2. Seeing that was so fucking awesome. Then getting Prey DLC and new free modes (that were once thought entirely unlikely to happen) is even more amazing. Nioh 2, Ghost of Tsukishima, KH3, getting the Yakuza games and Shenmu games to PC... this was such a good E3. The first in YEARS that I've even cared much about and one that kinda blew me away after not expecting to bat an eye.

This was definitely the gamers' E3. There were so many awesome games shown, teased, or even released the same friggin' day.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4331 on: June 15, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
Been playing Fortnite the last few days since it came out on Switch... this game sucks. Wow.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4332 on: June 15, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
Been playing Fortnite the last few days since it came out on Switch... this game sucks. Wow.
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well :metardica:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4333 on: June 15, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well :metardica:

Man. Like. I don't know if it's different on PC (too lazy/indifferent to check it out) but how the hell do you make a shooter in 2018, even if it's free, in which opposing players move so choppy? I can't even hit someone at point blank range because everyone else moves in such a choppy manner. There's no lag, but characters jump ahead like 20 frames at a time instead of moving smoothly. Nothing to tell you what the weapon/item you've selected actually is which is fundamentally, objectively bad design. Two biggest peeves, easily. It looks like Team Fortress 2 but is just... woof. Swing and a miss, what a letdown after all the hype.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4334 on: June 15, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
I mean it's obviously different on PC...the game was not meant to be played on devices like the mobile/portable platforms they've been just absolutely forcing that square peg into a circle.

Not that it makes the actual game any better, I'm just not competitive in games anymore and don't care. So someone like me needs to...actually have fun with the game; which is kind of on the back burner for games like this from a mechanic standpoint. But from a technical perspective, yeah it's a totally different game. Remember too that the vast majority of people playing on Switch/Phones are using WiFi which...is basically just begging to have everyone shoot at nothing.

I am itching to buy a PS4 so badly but damn if I know there won't be sales going on sooner than later. Must. Wait.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4335 on: June 15, 2018, 12:26:15 PM »
That's true, which then makes me realize why I never play online shooters in the first place these days  :lol

The PS4 is looking pretty sweet. Would like to get one cheap in a few years and binge.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4336 on: June 16, 2018, 09:14:37 PM »
Wanted to try something different tonight so I ended up downloading Quake Champions. Goddamn I forgot how fast quake was.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #4337 on: June 16, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »
Beat Detroit: Become Human.

It's the first David Cage game that didn't fly off the rails in the last half. And there are SO many different possibilities for how the game can end and who can die, and simply not making a decision. I hated my ending. I went back and played one of the last few levels and made different decisions and I had a completely different experience and even levels that I hadn't played on my first play through. There's still a path that I could take that would open up storylines I never knew existed, so there are levels I haven't even played yet. One of the characters can even die in the first half and you'll miss out on a lot of story. I overall really liked it!

It didn't turn into a stupid supernatural game like Fahrenheit did. It didn't have a lackluster story like Heavy Rain and didn't have the repeated tropes of previous David Cage games like Beyond did. It felt like the most complete game he's made.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4338 on: June 17, 2018, 06:45:14 AM »
Apparently there was a 20min gameplay demo of Cyberpunk 2077 that only the press had access too at E3 and from what i've heard it pretty much blew everyones mind.
Can I be more hyped for this game!?  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4339 on: June 17, 2018, 07:02:33 AM »
Yea there have been lots of articles from press saying this game is simply mind blowing.