Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489679 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3010 on: February 10, 2017, 10:10:43 PM »
Been playing JC3 for a month now, I love it. It's everything I hoped it would be.
Same game play issues from JC2 but it doesn't ruin the experience.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3011 on: February 11, 2017, 02:30:02 AM »
Started both Fallout 1 and Super Metroid. Gonna have some retro fun!
I have fallout 1 and I've wanted to play through for a while. Have fun!
Nice! I've also got Fallout 1 & 2, plus the first three Elder Scrolls games and the first two Deus Ex games. So much retro RPG action to get through at some point!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3012 on: February 11, 2017, 11:30:43 AM »
Been playing JC3 for a month now, I love it. It's everything I hoped it would be.
Same game play issues from JC2 but it doesn't ruin the experience.

Yea I really enjoyed it as well.  :metal

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3013 on: February 11, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
 :corn Woo Hoo !!

I just defeated Oryx in Destiny The Taken King.

Took me several goes. I eventually got better guns from Xúr and that polished him off.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3014 on: February 11, 2017, 06:46:52 PM »
Currently playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I really like it, if it weren't for those fucking boss fights. I mean, they're probably not that bad if your usual MO is to just fuck everything up. But I've been playing towards the Pacifist Achievement, so that means a lot of sneaking around, a lot of non-lethal weapons... all of which is worthless against the bosses.

I find this really annoying, to be honest. It's like "Play like you want! Kill people, or don't... but here we're going to punish you massively with sections that completely break the flow of the game if you played without killing other people". Sure, there's weapons there and stuff, but none of my augs are geared towards combat at all, and I just end up getting shafted.

I'll try again tomorrow, but so far, these boss fights (currently on the second one - the first one was annoying as well, but it was doable because of the shitload of explosive barrels standing around) have been a real blemish on what otherwise has been an excellent gaming experience. :tdwn
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3015 on: February 11, 2017, 08:29:58 PM »
Are you playing the Director's Cut edition? That one fixed a lot of things, mainly boss fights :P

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3016 on: February 11, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »
Just started dauntes inferno for PS3 and I'm loving it. I'm not a big console gamer despite having a PS3 and PS4 but I love this hack and slash type of gameplay. It's really over the top but fun.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3017 on: February 11, 2017, 09:27:18 PM »
I've finally gotten okay enough at Dark Souls III that I can play without rage quitting every five minutes.

Now it's every hour!  :metal

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3018 on: February 12, 2017, 07:11:46 AM »
You're a much better man that I, I play about 10 minutes before rage quitting :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3019 on: February 17, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »
Almost 40 hours into Just Cause 3, a couple of month ago I uninstalled the game to free some space for other games. That moment when you realize after you reinstall the game again that the game wasn't synced with the steam cloud... 

It's 2017, am I ignorant for not assuming that every game these days utilize some form of cloud service? It definietly should be mandatory in my book, actually both local and cloud should be.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3020 on: February 17, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »
Steam cloud isn't perfect. I had to restart The Witcher 3 because of that.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3021 on: February 17, 2017, 07:38:32 PM »
Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've seen that many people online don't like the endings but I liked them - at least, the one that I picked. It felt very fitting to the whole game, and I don't think I've ever spent as much time really thinking about which ending to go for in a video game and its implications - which is nice.

I also got Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds, which I wasn't expecting, that was a nice surprise, and I beat Namir with one punch. :lol That felt like a strange glitch to me.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3022 on: February 18, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »
Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've seen that many people online don't like the endings but I liked them - at least, the one that I picked. It felt very fitting to the whole game, and I don't think I've ever spent as much time really thinking about which ending to go for in a video game and its implications - which is nice.

I also got Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds, which I wasn't expecting, that was a nice surprise, and I beat Namir with one punch. :lol That felt like a strange glitch to me.

Is that a sequel to Ex Machina??

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3023 on: February 19, 2017, 03:51:13 AM »
As far as I know, nope. It's a prequel to Deus Ex (though it's the first in the series that I've played).

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3024 on: February 19, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »

Is that a sequel to Ex Machina??
The movie? Not sure why you'd even think that; the two are entirely unrelated and the game came out four years before the movie.

As Scrop says, the recent Deus Ex games are prequels to the two original games.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Nice meme
« Reply #3025 on: February 20, 2017, 07:28:31 AM »
Welp, realised I couldn't really play Super Metroid on my phone without a controller so went with Earthbound instead. Really liking it, lovely aesthetics and good writing. Kinda like if undertale was a good game :neverusethis:

Also taking a break from Fallout, may leave it because although it's pretty good, mechanics feel really dated and clunky at times. Playing Spec Ops: The Line - damn this is some deep stuff. Kinda like if the CoD games had good stories :neverusethis:

OK enough bait :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3026 on: February 20, 2017, 07:52:39 AM »
Got Dirt Rally VR over the weekend... Holy fuck is it fun!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3027 on: February 20, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »
New Final fantasy 15 update.

You can now reach Level 120 with all your players.  :biggrin: Bring it on.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3028 on: February 20, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »
Played For Honor with my friend who lives in San Fran this weekend, also played with his two buddies, one of which is a producer for the game.

Needless to say, we (well mostly I) kicked ass in this 1 game 3 minute video
and probably my best work editing a gaming vid

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3029 on: February 20, 2017, 06:28:37 PM »
Got Dirt Rally VR over the weekend... Holy fuck is it fun!

Haven't played the VR version of Dirt Rally but DR is one of my favorite all time racing games. Just a blast to play.

Just finished Dante's Inferno. A lot of fun except for right towards the end when there was filler to prolong the game. I was literally about to just say fuck it and watch the ending one youtube, so annoying.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #3030 on: February 23, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »
I've been playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided (the most recent game in the series) and I really dig it! I've always been aware of the original Deus Ex game but never got around to playing it.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3031 on: February 23, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »
I've been playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided (the most recent game in the series) and I really dig it! I've always been aware of the original Deus Ex game but never got around to playing it.

yea that was a fun game!

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3032 on: February 26, 2017, 01:25:54 AM »
Been getting more pumped for the Switch launch as reviews for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild start coming in at 9-10 at most outlets. I've been avoiding most of the actual review content (and gameplay videos) as I want to be as surprised as possible when I finally play it, but all signs point to me having a very enjoyable March 3rd weekend.   :D

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3033 on: February 26, 2017, 02:35:12 AM »
Been getting more pumped for the Switch launch as reviews for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild start coming in at 9-10 at most outlets. I've been avoiding most of the actual review content (and gameplay videos) as I want to be as surprised as possible when I finally play it, but all signs point to me having a very enjoyable March 3rd weekend.   :D

Zelda looks solid for sure. Besides that I would want to get the new mario and xenoblade when they come out

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3034 on: February 26, 2017, 05:32:31 AM »
On the beast cast podcast they were talking about Zelda and I have to admit I got pretty pumped about it. Now I want a switch lmao

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3035 on: February 26, 2017, 05:45:10 AM »
I love the Zelda games but not having to buy a new console every time one comes out ffs ::)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3036 on: February 26, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
Guys !!!

When playing FPS - do you favour shooting from the hip or using the sights ?

I like to do equal of both. Until only recently I was shoot from the hip 100% of the time unless it was a sniper rifle. It's just more fun ( to me ).

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3037 on: February 26, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »
Anyone else plan on getting Sonic Mania? I figure the Switch's portability coupled with the fact that this thing is gonna be in quasi 16/32-bit (so it ain't like the Switch's technical inferiority to XB1 and PS4 should actually matter) would make this a no-brainer.

For those unfamiliar with it, it's looking very much like the Sonic game fans of the Genesis era have been waiting 20+ years for and was made by people who formerly worked on Sonic fan hacks and is licensed by Sega.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSA6YTP4R3U
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3038 on: February 26, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
Breath of the Wild has me hyped for a new game more than I have been hyped for any new game as far back as I can remember.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #3039 on: February 26, 2017, 11:26:13 AM »
Anyone else plan on getting Sonic Mania? I figure the Switch's portability coupled with the fact that this thing is gonna be in quasi 16/32-bit (so it ain't like the Switch's technical inferiority to XB1 and PS4 should actually matter) would make this a no-brainer.

For those unfamiliar with it, it's looking very much like the Sonic game fans of the Genesis era have been waiting 20+ years for and was made by people who formerly worked on Sonic fan hacks and is licensed by Sega.

Pre-ordered the Collector's Edition for PS4 when it was announced. It's all I've wanted from this franchise for years. That they've got Taxman doing this project of all people only excites me more.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #3040 on: February 26, 2017, 12:04:47 PM »
Guys !!!

When playing FPS - do you favour shooting from the hip or using the sights ?

I like to do equal of both. Until only recently I was shoot from the hip 100% of the time unless it was a sniper rifle. It's just more fun ( to me ).

On the very rare occasion I play an FPS, I almost always use the zoom. I have been playing Doom quite a bit though and that game doesn't let you zoom at all so I suppose it's 100% hip shooting there.  :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3041 on: February 26, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »
I hate FPS games that don't let you reload whilst doing ANYTHING else.

Shit i'm getting shot to bits - need to reload. *runs away*  * stops reloading* Shit i'm getting shot to bits... etc etc etc

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3042 on: February 26, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »

I will be buying it day one. I love sonic, and this looks awesome

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #3043 on: February 27, 2017, 03:42:53 AM »
So I've been playing The Elder Scrolls Online and I've been surprised by how much fun I'm having. Certainly as much fun as I used to have with Skyrim. :tup

Regarding Switch, I'm planning on buying it. However, it seems the preorders are sold out so we'll see when I'll be able to get my hands on one.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #3044 on: February 27, 2017, 10:57:46 PM »
Hey, what a coinkydink, me too! I bought it at launch and paid for it for a while but got bored of it because of a few issues it was having. Now that it's free, I can justify playing it a few times a week and am having a lot of fun with it and can sleep a bit easier knowing I'm not throwing away about 90% of that $14.99 (give or take a few bucks). Sadly I just don't have the time anymore for MMOs but I inevitably end up trying some out a few weeks out of every other year or so and also inevitably cancel before a month is over.  :lol Maybe that'll satiate the desire a bit. Love the gaming format, hate the subscription format (though I completely get it and would normally support it had I the time).

RIP DTP.