Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489631 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1575 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:22 AM »
"Cyberpunk 2077 is far, far bigger than The Witcher 3"

https://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-is-far-far-bigger-than-the-witcher-3/0156903

Can't wait to hear more!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1576 on: October 06, 2015, 03:43:07 AM »
I am having some trouble with the logistics of Phantom Pain

You mean to tell me I am frequently taking a helicopter from the Seychelles to Afghanistan. That's a 4700km (~3000 mile) flight. ONE WAY. IN A HELICOPTER!

Also the soviet soldiers are incredibly disloyal
Like I show up and beat the shit out of/tranq them out and kidnap them
And they're like "Yeah I'll work for that guy no problem"
"Oh yeah fuck the motherland communism sucks"
"I'd love to live on a metal platform in the middle of the ocean with a boss who expects me to thank him for punching me instead of with my family"
 "Who come to think of it when the KGB finds out I defected will definitely be sent to a gulag"
:lol All of those things occured to me as well. I just learned to live with it. Because, you know..it's Kojima. The same guy who has a half man, half robot ninja guy slicing up big, walking, frigging BLEEDING robots with his katana sword.

Spoiler to the ending below!

Also, man...the ending to that game. And I mean the real ending, with the big reveal...I did NOT see that coming! And I'm not sure how to feel about it. It certainly changes how I viewed the first two Metal Gear games, that's for sure.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1577 on: October 06, 2015, 07:58:42 AM »
I got Civ 5 on sale yesterday. I haven't started the game yet, but I'm told it's a time devourer. Done anyone have experience with this?
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1578 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:48 AM »
I have more than 2000 hours logged in Steam of Civ V play time. It's a lot of fun but it will definitely take a lot of your time.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1579 on: October 06, 2015, 10:22:55 AM »
I would've held out for the Zelda edition but I love the XL size way too much. I just can't go back after that. I guess I'm a slut...

But yeah, it does look awesome. Of course when the Majora XL came out I couldn't get it...meh!

The Hyrule Gold 3DS is an XL model:

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-hyrule-gold-edition-gamestop-exclusive/124992

I'll be getting it to go along with this beaut:

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1580 on: October 06, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »
Ah, cool.

Oh and...

YOU SONUVABITCH! So jelly. So. Jelly. That's awesome. I really want to pick up an exclusive model one day but I swear to dog, every single time one releases or is about to be released, it's in a period of time that I just cannot buy it due to massive money restraints. Every time. One day!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline adace

« Reply #1581 on: October 06, 2015, 12:49:03 PM »
Ubisoft just announced Far Cry Primal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2iH57Fs3M

Honestly not sure what to think about this. I know it'll be a fun game to play but the prehistoric setting just doesn't excite me all that much. Nonetheless I'm glad they're releasing a new game so soon after the last one.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1582 on: October 06, 2015, 01:03:36 PM »
I think it looks pretty boring. Not that I was super into the series to begin with, but the most fun I had was with the arcade style Blood Dragon. If they did a full on expansive game in that vein, I'd be all over that shit in a heartbeat. It was so ridiculous and awesome and I had a lot of fun with it despite it being a 'mini' game (not mini-game, but...y'know). Why the fuck people keep making the most realistic shit in games when they're meant to take you out of reality is beyond me... I mean, not universally, it's awesome to have a realistic type game that can still take you out of reality and is fun; but for a series like this where no matter what, there's an abundance of these preposterously fantastical abilities, I thought it was brilliant for them to just go balls to the wall with it in BD. This looks like something that's been done time and time again, except with the flare of the Far Cry format. Maybe it'll be fun but to me it look like a bore. Eh!

Back to my 3DS.

RIP DTP.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1583 on: October 07, 2015, 01:39:32 PM »
Ubisoft just announced Far Cry Primal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2iH57Fs3M

Honestly not sure what to think about this. I know it'll be a fun game to play but the prehistoric setting just doesn't excite me all that much. Nonetheless I'm glad they're releasing a new game so soon after the last one.

I think it looks pretty awesome! I really enjoyed 4 and this seems like a creative way to make a similar game but not be repetitive.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1584 on: October 07, 2015, 09:30:06 PM »
I have more than 2000 hours logged in Steam of Civ V play time. It's a lot of fun but it will definitely take a lot of your time.

I just played it for a few hours. No wonder the guy on the game deals subreddit said that $12.50 was a good deal for crack. I see how this game can be addictive.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1585 on: October 08, 2015, 12:39:17 AM »

I just played it for a few hours. No wonder the guy on the game deals subreddit said that $12.50 was a good deal for crack. I see how this game can be addictive.
I got the complete edition for that much some weeks ago in the Humble Store - I'm gonna have a blast this summer  :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1586 on: October 08, 2015, 12:46:04 AM »
i need to add some of y'all on steam so i can civ 5 all over your faces, haven't played any civ 5 in a while but it's always a good time  :lol

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1587 on: October 08, 2015, 01:05:38 AM »
Playing against new players feels so bad.

Like I was playing against a friend, I'm Portugal he's Huns, I'm thinking "You're gonna have a bad time"

So he goes ahead and happily conquers all the AI civs cuz computers suck at war, then he declares war on me, and I annihilate his army in like one turn.

Money always wins, kids.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1588 on: October 08, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »
My bro gave me his red Wii. It has quite a few games, including the game I've been itching to play recently, Paper Mario.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1589 on: October 08, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
Noice! Amazing entry in the Mario RPG series (well..the unofficial one...I wish they'd do a proper sequel to the actual game). I decided that I'm gonna get a WiiU for the family (mainly me and my sis) for Christmas and finally get Skyward Sword and Mario Maker; she loves Mario and I love...well, both. But I've been really itching to play Skyward Sword despite the mixed reactions. I just can't take not playing a new Zelda for this long! The Majora remake is awesome but it's yet another game I've beaten ten times over. I got it last week and I'm about to 100% it and really haven't been playing that much.  :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1590 on: October 08, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
Don't have a WiiU, but I've been really digging the looks and aspects of Mario Maker based on the videos and streams I have watched.  I don't know how these users have the creativity to make and fit everything in these levels.  Some of these levels are like Kaizo-level of skill.  I also like the whole, "You got to complete the level you make before submitting it for everyone to play." concept.  Gives people hope that the level can be completed.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1591 on: October 08, 2015, 10:31:59 PM »
Noice! Amazing entry in the Mario RPG series (well..the unofficial one...I wish they'd do a proper sequel to the actual game). I decided that I'm gonna get a WiiU for the family (mainly me and my sis) for Christmas and finally get Skyward Sword and Mario Maker; she loves Mario and I love...well, both. But I've been really itching to play Skyward Sword despite the mixed reactions. I just can't take not playing a new Zelda for this long! The Majora remake is awesome but it's yet another game I've beaten ten times over. I got it last week and I'm about to 100% it and really haven't been playing that much.  :lol

I love Legend of The Seven Stars. I've played Paper Mario before but stopped playing it for some reason.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1592 on: October 08, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »
Don't have a WiiU, but I've been really digging the looks and aspects of Mario Maker based on the videos and streams I have watched.  I don't know how these users have the creativity to make and fit everything in these levels.  Some of these levels are like Kaizo-level of skill.  I also like the whole, "You got to complete the level you make before submitting it for everyone to play." concept.  Gives people hope that the level can be completed.

I've watched so many Mario Maker levels on Youtube since it came out. :lol
I don't have any plans to get a Wii U in the near future, but if I do, that's the first game I'm getting. Assuming there's any online functionality left by the time that ever happens.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1593 on: October 08, 2015, 11:02:12 PM »
That's always a worry of mine with any online game that I'm getting long after it comes out. But man...I can see this one going for years and years; I really would not be surprised in the least if (unless they come out with a sequel of some sort) it goes until the WiiU's successor comes out. I've done the same in watching videos and there really seems to be an endless amount of ideas. With all the fans on board and all the innovative ideas, I can see this being something really special even long down the line. At least I hope so!

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1594 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:29 PM »
We don't get any console while it's current gen. We're gaming scabs. :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1595 on: October 08, 2015, 11:11:21 PM »
I'm the same. I only just got a regular Wii last year. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1596 on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:55 PM »
I'm the same. I only just got a regular Wii last year. :lol

We just bought one two hours ago. :lol (for someone's birthday, so we won't even be playing it for a couple of weeks yet).
We waited until the XBOX One came out before getting our XBOX 360.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1597 on: October 08, 2015, 11:21:59 PM »
Worrrrd!  :lol :metal

RIP DTP.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1598 on: October 08, 2015, 11:25:35 PM »
I think I got my PS3 a few weeks before PS4 was announced :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1599 on: October 08, 2015, 11:26:46 PM »
i still haven't gotten a PS3 but I need to because there's a ton of good stuff I missed
among other things, the more recent Ratchet & Clank games, also Journey, and prob a fair number of exclusives I'm not remembering off the top of my head

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1600 on: October 09, 2015, 09:33:32 AM »
I bought a ps3 mainly for the Blu-ray, and to play CoD:BO online with friends. That was the same year they announced PS4.

Mario Maker looks really fun though,  one reason I'm thinking bout getting a WiiU.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1601 on: October 09, 2015, 10:42:13 AM »
A friend gave us a PS3 for cheaper than usual, so my dad played through Final Fantasy 13 on it, didn't like it too much. Then me and my brother played through Portal 2. Then my dad got Skyrim. He's probably got like 300-500 hours in that god damn game
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1602 on: October 09, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »
That's because it's god damn addictive.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1603 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
That's because it's god damn addictive.

And fantastic.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1604 on: October 09, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
Ditto. I didn't hate FFXIII, but it doesn't deserve to have the FF name on it. No, I wouldn't have liked it more (or less?) if it didn't have the FF name. It was just a mediocre game and I would've seen it as such even if it was called 'run along this line and fight monsters who were once nostalgic but we done messed 'em up'. That'd be a cool title though.

But yeah, it's a testament to Skyrim that people are still modding it, finding new things randomly years after it's been out. Crazy good stuff. I'm excited for Fallout 4 for that reason, but I'm skeptical of how they'll surpass Skyrim's epic, legendary status.

RIP DTP.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1605 on: October 09, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »
But yeah, it's a testament to Skyrim that people are still modding it, finding new things randomly years after it's been out. Crazy good stuff. I'm excited for Fallout 4 for that reason, but I'm skeptical of how they'll surpass Skyrim's epic, legendary status.

fallout 4 isn't to be compared with skyrim, it's to be compared with fallout 3
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1606 on: October 09, 2015, 12:11:52 PM »
I was speaking in pure technicality given that the company that made both of those games compared it to both Skyrim and F3 themselves. You can Google it yourself.

But okay! Forgive me, boss.

RIP DTP.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1607 on: October 09, 2015, 12:32:10 PM »
Been playing the Tomb Raider HD trilogy. Legend and Anniversary were both good titles.

The jump Crystal Dynamics made between Tomb Raider: Underworld and Tomb Raider, though is amazing. Underworld isn't bad, but it isn't that impressive of a PS3 title, either. I'm a little surprised Square Enix decided to trust them to such a large budget for the reboot, but it paid off. The reboot was a game I found myself wanting to complete everything in single player, everything looked great, and combat didn't feel like a nuisance. I could do without combat in either of these games, but introducing the cover system made a huge difference in making it entertaining. For that matter, Guardian of Light had great combat and used the same engine as Underworld.  Hopefully Rise of the Tomb Raider gets a little more involved with puzzles, especially with any optional tombs. The reboot's main failure was there, very excited about the upcoming game (really wish I had a XBone or 360).

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1608 on: October 09, 2015, 10:10:57 PM »
-I go to Best Buy to get an Olimar Amiibo.
-Best Buy employee asks me if I like Amiibo. I tell him I pick up any if they're retail price.
-Guy pulls box out of his cart. Tells me it's a box of Amiibo that the store forgot to stock months ago.
-Guy starts stocking a bunch of rare. expensive-as-hell-online Amiibo. My jaw drops and I end up leaving with Olimar, Marth, Dark Pit, Little Mac, Cap. Falcon, Fox, Greninja, and Lucario.

I showed up to that store exactly at the right time to scoop up that shit for retail price.  :lol Holy crap.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1609 on: October 10, 2015, 12:02:48 AM »
Daaaaamn! Lucky fawker! I was just at my local Best Buy tonight as well to get a replacement charger coincidentally. I checked out some Amiibo but honestly I don't have much use for most of them. I've got Samus and Link right now but just for collecting purposes (well, I say collecting but they're out of the box and sitting with the rest of my horde of anime/manga/gaming figures  :loser: ). But they didn't have anything worthwhile. That's friggin' awesome though.

My friend just bought me Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate out of nowhere tonight as a super, super belated birthday present. I haven't seen him in a while and we chilled tonight just catching up and he randomly bought it out of nowhere while we were at Best Buy. It's amazing and it's a huge step up from MH3U. Like, massively. At least in terms of presentation, user-friendlyness (this is the main thing), and overall look and feel. I literally just started and wasn't all that far into MH3U so it's more or less the same general feel but from what I hear it ramps up in awesomeness and changes a bit once you get midway into questing. I cannot waaaaiiiit! Gonna be a long night of hunting. Fawk YEUH!!

RIP DTP.