Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 485184 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #7175 on: September 23, 2020, 11:11:54 AM »
I don't think you can re-program triangle, but I do think that third parties sell controllers with extra buttons that you can map a macro to.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7176 on: September 23, 2020, 11:29:23 AM »
I just bought No Man's Sky on PC. I bought it on PS4 a while back when VR dropped, but I didn't play it much. I looking forward to it with the update that was announced today.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #7177 on: September 23, 2020, 11:35:58 AM »
I just bought No Man's Sky on PC. I bought it on PS4 a while back when VR dropped, but I didn't play it much. I looking forward to it with the update that was announced today.

I'd love to hear your experience with it. I bought it for $15 but never found time to play it, one of these days I will, but the most I did was bounce around the beginning not really accomplishing anything.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #7178 on: September 23, 2020, 12:38:09 PM »

I'd love to hear your experience with it. I bought it for $15 but never found time to play it, one of these days I will, but the most I did was bounce around the beginning not really accomplishing anything.
We should all group up in game. It's quite fun with a group of people.

Also the new update looks amazing!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7179 on: September 23, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »
I multitask far too much to play multiplayer on just about anything unfortunately, and don't like multiplayer to begin with, the thought alone makes me anxious and tense  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7180 on: September 23, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »

We should all group up in game. It's quite fun with a group of people.

Also the new update looks amazing!

Count me in.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #7181 on: September 23, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »
I've been playing through The Wolf Among Us. Damn it's amazing so far, and quite visceral, it's really no kiddie stuff at all :lol
The Wolf Among Us is awesome, one of my favourite Telltale games (along with the first season of Walking Dead and, for entirely different reasons, Tales from the Borderlands).

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #7182 on: September 23, 2020, 01:58:25 PM »
The only thing I dislike about the DS4 are the tiny share and options buttons.

Yeah, that was similar to my only complaint with that controller well (still my favorite though). That giant touch button was completely useless. Any game that used it only did so as a novelty. I wish there was just 4-6 more hot buttons up there that could have been used for shortcuts and stuff. Give me a button that I could map straight to Netflix or Youtube, another that I could use as a mute button for my mic, or something along those lines.

I think a little screen there that could bluetooth to my phone would be cool. Let me see who's texting or calling me without having to look at my phone. 

I can't tell with the dualsense. Does it still have that same button, or is that part of the controller just blank?

I wonder why they even put that touchpad thing on there. They must've had some big plans for it but as you said, it's mostly a novelty.

My Steam Controller has been acting up lately so I decided to start using the DS4 for PC games. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the gyro aiming is. I'm not sure if it's as good as the Steam Controller but it feels good enough.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7183 on: September 23, 2020, 03:00:41 PM »
I've been playing through The Wolf Among Us. Damn it's amazing so far, and quite visceral, it's really no kiddie stuff at all :lol
The Wolf Among Us is awesome, one of my favourite Telltale games (along with the first season of Walking Dead and, for entirely different reasons, Tales from the Borderlands).

I just downloaded the full game from the PS Store for less than 5 bucks (70% discount). :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7184 on: September 23, 2020, 04:44:58 PM »
I multitask far too much to play multiplayer on just about anything unfortunately, and don't like multiplayer to begin with, the thought alone makes me anxious and tense  :lol
Awe  :(

Fair enough
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7185 on: September 23, 2020, 04:51:04 PM »
No Mans Sky is an amazing experience in my opinion. And I love the redemption story after such a broken launch with so many broken promises. Haven't tried the latest couple of updates, but I feel it is time to return to the game.

Not a multiplayer guy either, played in solo only.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7186 on: September 23, 2020, 05:09:02 PM »
I don't personally see the enjoyment of No Man's Sky, but from all I read, I do think it's done well from redeeming itself from that poor launch of lies.  My brother likes it and so do a bunch of people at work.  Doesn't seem to be a game for me though.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #7187 on: September 23, 2020, 06:33:09 PM »
I don't personally see the enjoyment of No Man's Sky, but from all I read, I do think it's done well from redeeming itself from that poor launch of lies.  My brother likes it and so do a bunch of people at work.  Doesn't seem to be a game for me though.

I kind of like it and I don't. Lots and lots of grinding. When they add these big updates, it mostly seems like a bunch of new stuff that one needs to grind for. It is cool that they kept working on the game to improve it. The graphical updates & quality of life improvements have been very much appreciated by Herrick.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7188 on: September 24, 2020, 04:27:51 AM »
If you approach the game with specific goals in mind it will be a grind, yes. But I just fly around, scan species, collect loot and explore alien world. And sometimes uncover a bit of lore or progress in one of the stories. I think it is a relaxing experience full of fantastic vistas, game often looks like those old school scifi drawings. And as it gets more and more feature rich, the whole random generation thing gets better and better. It is true that after a while you will find very similar planets, but discovering something that looks crazy/beautiful is great. And due to the nature of this game, you are likely the one that discovered it. Ideal game to sometimes play with the Spotify app on the playstation too. And on top of it all it's a great photomode title.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7189 on: September 24, 2020, 06:37:37 AM »
I love listening to podcasts, YouTube etc while playing games, so NMS seems perfect for that.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7190 on: September 24, 2020, 06:54:43 AM »
So if we want to get a joint outing going, how do we want to go about it? What day/time is good for everyone? Should I make a DTF-NMS discord?

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #7191 on: September 24, 2020, 07:37:41 AM »
I have both The Walking Dead sesons, need to get to them soon after I finish with The Wolf.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7192 on: September 24, 2020, 08:22:45 AM »
So if we want to get a joint outing going, how do we want to go about it? What day/time is good for everyone? Should I make a DTF-NMS discord?
We can always just use the Barstool Warriors Discord. I can add a channel for NMS. As for what time? I'm not sure what works for everyone else, but usually evenings PST (after 4pm) or weekends work best for me.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7193 on: September 24, 2020, 08:46:03 AM »
No Mans Sky is an amazing experience in my opinion. And I love the redemption story after such a broken launch with so many broken promises. Haven't tried the latest couple of updates, but I feel it is time to return to the game.

I bought it when it released back in 2016 and was amazed by the vast distances that could be travelled.  However, the novelty kind of wore off and I stopped playing due to other long anticipated releases of other games.  That's a weakness of mine.  Easily distracted.  Downloading the update now.  Will give it another whirl.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7194 on: September 24, 2020, 08:54:25 AM »

I bought it when it released back in 2016 and was amazed by the vast distances that could be travelled.  However, the novelty kind of wore off and I stopped playing due to other long anticipated releases of other games.  That's a weakness of mine.  Easily distracted.  Downloading the update now.  Will give it another whirl.

I played it after Next Beyond released, which was the first major overhaul. Stopped around when the depths got added (underwater expansion), since then numerous interesting updates have been added.

It is not for everyone, but I find it to be a good experience, as long as I am not actively aiming for a single goal, because then the game does turn into a checklist kind of experience. I just played and eventually ended up with a decent Freighter and some cool ships, as well as some nice words were I set up camp. And offcourse I followed some of the story content present (Atlas Rises).

Edit: it was Next when I jumped in, Beyond came after.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7195 on: September 24, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »
I have both The Walking Dead sesons, need to get to them soon after I finish with The Wolf.

I love The Wolf Among Us! TWD Season 1 is also great. Those two are must play Telltale games if you're a fan of the genre overall. TWD Season 2 isn't that good, in my opinion, but I still enjoyed it. Haven't bothered with the follow-ups though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #7196 on: September 24, 2020, 11:25:26 AM »

It has gotten so much better since it came out.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7197 on: September 24, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »

It has gotten so much better since it came out.
Yea it's pretty amazing how much content and things that's been improved since the disastrous launch. However I haven't played the game for quite some time.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7198 on: September 24, 2020, 02:32:55 PM »

I love The Wolf Among Us! TWD Season 1 is also great. Those two are must play Telltale games if you're a fan of the genre overall. TWD Season 2 isn't that good, in my opinion, but I still enjoyed it. Haven't bothered with the follow-ups though.

I started playing it last night and I like it, but wasn't expecting a talking pig and a flying monkey.  :lol

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7199 on: September 24, 2020, 04:47:09 PM »
I agree with posts saying The Wolf Among Us is great. I love detective games and it is such a unique setting that somehow works really well with the dark tone. I wonder if the comics are worth reading, supossedly the game is a prequel to them.

I am still sad how mismanaged Telltale was. They diluted their brand with so many so-so releases that barely showed progression because their tech was ancient. Had they focused on a game per year and not expanded so heavily to the point of being unsustainable, I think they would've been a   stayer.

And before they went the interactive series route, they made some really fun adventures.

Offline bahamutofskycon

« Reply #7200 on: September 24, 2020, 07:55:04 PM »
I rarely ever post but, yes, the Fables comics are totally worth reading.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #7201 on: September 27, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
As much as I like The Walking Dead games (s1 especially) I think The Wolf Among Us is easily the best Telltale game and I'd even put Tales From the Borderlands as my #2.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #7202 on: September 27, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
As much as I like The Walking Dead games (s1 especially) I think The Wolf Among Us is easily the best Telltale game and I'd even put Tales From the Borderlands as my #2.
Yeah those are my top 2 as well. :tup Tales is just so damn funny.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #7203 on: September 27, 2020, 01:17:35 PM »
Playing the Mafia remake.

It’s good overall. Kinda clunky and lackluster gunplay. I like the expansion of the script and they elaborate on some stuff that the original kinda glossed over. I don’t like Tommy in the remake. He’s a generic gangster in the remake while in the original he was somewhat of an original character. Good voice acting for the other characters though!

I’m still early in the game, but it’s fun to play this classic game again. After this I’m going to go back and play the original again
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7204 on: September 28, 2020, 05:00:37 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #7205 on: September 28, 2020, 07:20:21 AM »

Dude, I suck at first person shooter games. I always aim to high or too low, and can never get a head shot. But then, that's when I realize most of these people have TVs the size of a wall or sit close as hell to the screen. 😁 But I just suck at aiming.

But when I get the hang of it. Some bullshit happens.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7206 on: September 29, 2020, 08:53:32 AM »
I used to play Destiny online multiplayer and sometimes it was cool because I've been a FPS lover for a long time.  So, I consider myself to be highly experienced.  However, some of these young players out there are just insanely good and their weapons are upgraded to the max.  All they have to do is hit you once and you're dead.  I'm old and don't have enough time to play a game non-stop for all the weapon and armor upgrades.  I actually haven't played Destiny in quite some time, but the 3rd expansion for D2 is being released on 11/10.  I might decide to get in on that.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7207 on: September 29, 2020, 03:27:00 PM »
Playing No Mans Sky, a bit overwhelmed getting used to everything and also getting to know new elements. I have already seen a good amount of new stuff though. And the nexus is nice, but does bring a PS4pro to it's knees (the pro normally runs the game around 60fps).

Have they altered heights? I crashed into something that I'd describe as a mountain during a storm, which was a surprise because I never encounter something so big.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7208 on: September 29, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »
Have they altered heights? I crashed into something that I'd describe as a mountain during a storm, which was a surprise because I never encounter something so big.
I believe the scale of the new planets that were added is much closer to real planet sizes. Which would scale up the size of mountains and such.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #7209 on: September 29, 2020, 03:39:49 PM »
About a week and a half into Super Mario sunshine and I think its my favorite Mario game.

The challenge is excellent. I am still not finished the main story. And I really appreciate its quirkiness and experimentation.