Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 484997 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #7000 on: August 30, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »
Did anyone here play RDR 1 after RDR 2?

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #7001 on: August 30, 2020, 03:59:35 PM »
I keep hoping a remaster of RDR 1 is going to be released before I play it again. I just can't go back to the PS3 after playing RDR2
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #7002 on: August 30, 2020, 04:42:58 PM »
Finished Kentucky Route Zero. Awesome game, kind of disappointing ending. I guess since it's a tragedy in the traditional sense, the actual climax was in Act IV, which was excellent, so guess I'm find with it.

Now I'm going through both Fallout: New Vegas and Resident Evil Zero HD. Two games I never finished back in the day, now it's the time :metal

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #7003 on: August 30, 2020, 05:17:13 PM »
I just found out about Evoland. Got it on the switch for $5.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7004 on: August 30, 2020, 05:40:39 PM »
Finished Kentucky Route Zero. Awesome game, kind of disappointing ending. I guess since it's a tragedy in the traditional sense, the actual climax was in Act IV, which was excellent, so guess I'm find with it.

Now I'm going through both Fallout: New Vegas and Resident Evil Zero HD. Two games I never finished back in the day, now it's the time :metal
Fallout New Vegas was the last good Fallout game. It's sad to see Bethesda turn into an EA-like company, only concerned with anti-consumerist microtransactions and mobile games, while letting their major single player franchises rot away into Oblivion.....(pun intended).
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7005 on: August 30, 2020, 05:44:44 PM »
I keep hoping a remaster of RDR 1 is going to be released before I play it again. I just can't go back to the PS3 after playing RDR2

My first play through of RDR 1 was right after RDR 2. The graphics didn't bother me too much honestly, the game play was a bit more clumsy but still a good game.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #7006 on: August 30, 2020, 06:21:28 PM »
I very likely won't ever play RDR1 unless they release a remaster of it (which I hope they're working on in some capacity). I looked up the plot of RDR1 so I feel satisfied even if I won't play it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #7007 on: August 30, 2020, 06:26:50 PM »
I played RD1 way before 2, but part one still doesn't look all that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4RwmTbqpVg

And I'm way more of a fan of the first one honestly.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7008 on: August 30, 2020, 08:26:19 PM »
Just finished my first pkaythrough of mass effect 2. Easily in my top 10bgames of all time, I can't believe I waited so long to play the mass effect series.

I'm not going to dive into ME3 yet, ill probably start playing control then do ME3, or maybe ghost of tsushima followed by me3.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #7009 on: August 31, 2020, 06:58:49 AM »
Just finished my first pkaythrough of mass effect 2. Easily in my top 10bgames of all time, I can't believe I waited so long to play the mass effect series.

I'm not going to dive into ME3 yet, ill probably start playing control then do ME3, or maybe ghost of tsushima followed by me3.

Speaking of Mass Effect, there are strong rumors that the ME trilogy gets a remastered edition for Xbox and PS later this year, or early next year! That is something I would definitely be looking forward to. I love the trilogy! :metal

Story and characters of ME are outstanding, and it really makes it worth it, to play the whole story from ME1 to ME3

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7010 on: August 31, 2020, 11:14:49 AM »
I heard those rumors too. ME1 can definitely use a remaster. The mechanics are pretty dated in the first game and the combat is a pain. Having just played ME2 I thought it held up really well. The visuals were great and controls felt good too.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #7011 on: August 31, 2020, 04:27:27 PM »

Fallout New Vegas was the last good Fallout game. It's sad to see Bethesda turn into an EA-like company, only concerned with anti-consumerist microtransactions and mobile games, while letting their major single player franchises rot away into Oblivion.....(pun intended).
I loved Fallout 4, but yeah New Vegas was also amazing and 76 looks pretty terrible.

And I've played the ME series twice already but I'd definitely get it and play through again if we do get the remaster that has been teased. It's just the best game trilogy ever IMO.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7012 on: August 31, 2020, 04:57:53 PM »
Fallout 4 is a very fun game. Yeah, it is messy at times, but it is also very fun to explore and the gameplay is addictive. Actually some legit shooter mechanics in 4 as well, I did enjoy the core gameplay.

New Vegas is one of the best RPG's ever for me, not much will compare for me, but the Bethesda made mainline Fallouts have their own unique charms and have always greatly entertained me.

I probably find Bethesda games to have the most satisfying exploration out of all games I have played. Always some odd little quest or unique character to be found, with a lot of hidden caves/vaults/constructions telling their own stories. And overall rewarding loot. Just walking into a random direction always has me entertainded.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7013 on: August 31, 2020, 05:07:07 PM »
Fallout NV definitely improved upon the core gameplay of Fallout 3, but I like the Fallout 3 city and story better so I would rate that as my favorite and there's not that much different and improved in NV to make me like it more than 3.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7014 on: August 31, 2020, 06:34:49 PM »
I think my problem with Fallout 4 is all the bugs in the game. I mean these are the same bugs that had been plaguing Bethesda's games since Morrowind. The exact same bugs......The ones that the modding community have to fix every game. Why can't Bethesda get their crap together when it comes to QA. All they have to do is implement the fixes that the community makes every time they release a new game.....

The final straw for me was Fallout 76. Once again the same bugs from Fallout 4, only this time it was much worse. Plus there's Todd Howard's claim of "16x the detail of Fallout 4" which was complete donkey turds.

I am not expecting anything from Elder Scrolls 6, when it gets released in 2035. Or this new IP they are working on Starfield. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yes, Bethesda basically popularized and made the Open World RPG what it is today (I mean Morrowind is my favorite game of all time), but, with games like Witcher 3, Red Dead 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and heck, even stuff like Star Citizen (which is still in alpha), and Death Stranding, developers are pushing open world boundaries farther and farther, while Bethesda has been stuck in the mud for almost 10 years now.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7015 on: August 31, 2020, 06:39:20 PM »
I actually wrote a sentence and deleted it before posting, something along the lines of Fallout 4 was actually a good game/story and had nice additions, but the bugs, same bugs, just kind of ruined it from being a better game.  I think Fallout is the only game I can recall recently that had so many game breaking bugs that I actively saved so often so if I got one of these bugs, I wouldn't lose too much of my progress.  Of course, I learned to do that after many times losing hours of in game progress from a bug from the previous games but it's much easier to give the game a pass early on than after many generations.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #7016 on: August 31, 2020, 11:46:58 PM »
Weird, I don't remember experiencing any bugs in Fallout 4 beyond a handful of minor niggles. I can see how that would affect how enjoyable it is.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #7017 on: September 01, 2020, 05:20:41 AM »
Looks like I may be the proud owner of a Switch soon. I was trying to help a friend who has been hunting for one for weeks, so when it briefly popped up on GameStop on Sunday I ordered one for them, and then they were finally able to get one at work the next morning. The one I ordered had already shipped though, so I think I'm just going to keep it for myself :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #7018 on: September 03, 2020, 07:21:37 AM »

My first play through of RDR 1 was right after RDR 2. The graphics didn't bother me too much honestly, the game play was a bit more clumsy but still a good game.

I loved the first RDR but just can't muster the same sort of love for 2. It's clearly a great game but it hasn't made me go back to it for months. I've even started Skyrim again with mods rather than stick with RDR2.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7019 on: September 03, 2020, 07:22:35 AM »
https://supermario3dallstars.nintendo.com/

SCREAMING

EDIT: 3D World in February?!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:33:27 AM by The Walrus »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #7020 on: September 03, 2020, 08:03:53 AM »
After playing the Spyro remakes I'm rather disappointed Super Mario 64 couldn't get the same treatment.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7021 on: September 03, 2020, 08:04:49 AM »
After playing the Spyro remakes I'm rather disappointed Super Mario 64 couldn't get the same treatment.

I'm slightly disappointed about that, but on the other hand, we can finally play SM64 on the TV on a modern console again, and portable (again!). And Sunshine and Galaxy portable for the first time ever. YAY

It doesn't seem like the minigames from SM64DS are included in this though which is sad. Would've been amazing fun in portable mode.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7022 on: September 03, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »

I feel like Nintendo could charge $60 for that remaster and no one would flinch at the price.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7023 on: September 03, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »
I would honestly pay $80 for an HDSM64 without batting an eye. And the SNES Super Mario All-Stars (excluding Super Mario World for obvious reasons) is coming to the SNES Online. I know what I'm doing on my lunch hour. Blessed art Nintendo, amen.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #7024 on: September 03, 2020, 08:32:51 AM »
I would honestly pay $80 for an HDSM64 without batting an eye. And the SNES Super Mario All-Stars (excluding Super Mario World for obvious reasons) is coming to the SNES Online. I know what I'm doing on my lunch hour. Blessed art Nintendo, amen.

That's awesome. Here I come lost worlds, even though I know I'll rage quit at the the first level.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #7025 on: September 03, 2020, 09:08:44 AM »
Tony Hawk 1 + 2 comes out tomorrow. I've been playing the demo and can't wait for the full game

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7026 on: September 03, 2020, 09:47:18 AM »
I think my problem with Fallout 4 is all the bugs in the game. I mean these are the same bugs that had been plaguing Bethesda's games since Morrowind. The exact same bugs......The ones that the modding community have to fix every game. Why can't Bethesda get their crap together when it comes to QA. All they have to do is implement the fixes that the community makes every time they release a new game.....

The final straw for me was Fallout 76. Once again the same bugs from Fallout 4, only this time it was much worse. Plus there's Todd Howard's claim of "16x the detail of Fallout 4" which was complete donkey turds.

I am not expecting anything from Elder Scrolls 6, when it gets released in 2035. Or this new IP they are working on Starfield. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yes, Bethesda basically popularized and made the Open World RPG what it is today (I mean Morrowind is my favorite game of all time), but, with games like Witcher 3, Red Dead 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and heck, even stuff like Star Citizen (which is still in alpha), and Death Stranding, developers are pushing open world boundaries farther and farther, while Bethesda has been stuck in the mud for almost 10 years now.

I tried Fallout 4 and was intrigued in the beginning, but the novelty wore off pretty fast.  I've gone back to it a couple times and it just doesn't do anything for me.  I guess the pace and progression aspects are just too slow.  :-\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #7027 on: September 03, 2020, 10:09:50 AM »

I'm slightly disappointed about that, but on the other hand, we can finally play SM64 on the TV on a modern console again, and portable (again!). And Sunshine and Galaxy portable for the first time ever. YAY

It doesn't seem like the minigames from SM64DS are included in this though which is sad. Would've been amazing fun in portable mode.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #7028 on: September 03, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »
3D allstars is a day one purchase for me. I've been wanting to play Sunshine for many, many years and I can't wait.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7029 on: September 03, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »
Ben, that's amazing  :lol :lol

Phoenix, have you never played Sunshine before? It's such a great game. I have no idea if they've made blue coins easier to track/locate in this version (I really hope they did) but regardless, it's a really fun game and some of the criticisms may or may not hold water (pun intended) all these years later.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #7030 on: September 03, 2020, 10:26:56 AM »
This will be my first time. For whatever reason, when I had a gamecube I slept on it. Which is a shame because I love that island water theme that it has going on.

I've heard about the criticisms, so I am curious if they tweak anything.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7031 on: September 03, 2020, 10:31:03 AM »
This will be my first time. For whatever reason, when I had a gamecube I slept on it. Which is a shame because I love that island water theme that it has going on.

I've heard about the criticisms, so I am curious if they tweak anything.

I think I was 10 when I played it for the first time, I think I got it with my GameCube and Smash Melee. Would love to hear your thoughts as you play it.

Also it was mentioned earlier amongst the Nintendo-noise but I am really excited for those Tony Hawk remakes too. Everything I've seen and heard tells me they'll be great.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7032 on: September 03, 2020, 11:28:13 AM »
So... that Mario 3d collection is only for sale for a couple of months? That includes the digital version. March 2021 is the deadline. Why?

Still think it is sad how big the gap is between Nintendo and the likes of Microsoft, Sony, and Activision in how they treat/port old games (some collections at my shelf: Rare Replay, Spyro Trilogy, Crash Trilogy, Nathan Drake Collection, MGS HD collection, Masterchief collection, Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far).

I will buy 3D world because it is new for me and I love 3d land. 7 years old and all, but it is something I really want. For Galaxy and Sunshine I am probably better off installing Dolphin on my pc again (I already own the games). M64 is nice, but I have played the original enough in my life, this is pretty much straight up the n64 version.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7033 on: September 03, 2020, 11:38:19 AM »
So... that Mario 3d collection is only for sale for a couple of months? That includes the digital version. March 2021 is the deadline. Why?

My guess is inventory. There's a newer, more powerful switch coming out next year, and Nintendo probably had to order an unexpected run of the current units to meet the demand during covid. They're trying to blow out all the old stock (I know they're still hard to find right now) before dumping the newest model. I was going to get a switch, but I'm waiting for the newer one. They could also be trying to drive sales before the next gen Xbox and PS5 become readily available.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #7034 on: September 03, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »

My guess is inventory. There's a newer, more powerful switch coming out next year, and Nintendo probably had to order an unexpected run of the current units to meet the demand during covid. They're trying to blow out all the old stock (I know they're still hard to find right now) before dumping the newest model. I was going to get a switch, but I'm waiting for the newer one. They could also be trying to drive sales before the next gen Xbox and PS5 become readily available.

I am talking about the digital version of 3D All Stars collection, which is basically three roms of games older than 15 years.