Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 484860 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #6510 on: June 05, 2020, 12:13:05 PM »
Omg those are amazing!  :hefdaddy I really need to trade my PS4 in for a Pro to maximize the potential of these games.
Gotta get back in to PC gaming for maximum potential.  :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6511 on: June 05, 2020, 02:08:50 PM »
Omg those are amazing!  :hefdaddy I really need to trade my PS4 in for a Pro to maximize the potential of these games.
Gotta get back in to PC gaming for maximum potential.  :tup

I told myself I'd consider building a new PC at the end of the PS5/XBSX life cycle, so I might as well start saving for an ultra rig now :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6512 on: June 09, 2020, 08:36:31 PM »
I finished Ori and the Blind Forest today. I didn't pay much attention to the game because it looked too cute. It was on sale for $5 and I heard how great it was so I took a chance and I'm glad I did. The game was surprisingly challenging. It was a very fun and beautiful game.

Now I must find another game to play. Anyone play Salt and Sanctuary? I hear it's like Dark Souls which isn't necessarily a good thing for Herrick.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6513 on: June 11, 2020, 09:46:11 AM »
Wooo season 4 of Call of Duty today  :metal  Some very interesting updates to Warzone including a new 50 v 50 mode

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6514 on: June 11, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »
Wooo season 4 of Call of Duty today  :metal  Some very interesting updates to Warzone including a new 50 v 50 mode

Will that be free as well? I'll play that with you guys. I'm too terrible to have any fun playing the mode with three people to a team.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6515 on: June 11, 2020, 10:13:08 AM »

Will that be free as well? I'll play that with you guys. I'm too terrible to have any fun playing the mode with three people to a team.

Yea, I haven't spent a single penny on Call of Duty Warzone and I play it non stop.  This is a mode within Warzone, I think it's just a team deathmatch, but haven't actually tried it yet.  Also, they added a duos mode a couple weeks ago so if you wanted to try out the warzone game with just the two of us, we could try that out. I usually play quads with randoms since I think the quads mode is the most wild and singles mode is most boring.  But I don't like duos with randoms because it's too much relying on someone who may or may not even communicate with you. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6516 on: June 11, 2020, 10:21:53 AM »
Haven't played in a while and started the launcher today. 188GB patch! WTF :omg:

Anyway something was wrong because the download speed was insanely low so I uninstalled. Now the installation i 199GB, weird that it's only 10Gb from the patch? My download speed didn't change though.  :-\ I'm not sure what's capping it, haven't had this problem before.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6517 on: June 11, 2020, 10:23:55 AM »
Haven't played in a while and started the launcher today. 188GB patch! WTF :omg:

Anyway something was wrong because the download speed was insanely low so I uninstalled. Now the installation i 199GB, weird that it's only 10Gb from the patch? My download speed didn't change though.  :-\ I'm not sure what's capping it, haven't had this problem before.

I think it's because you haven't played in awhile.  Today's update was 50G, which is huge but has become very normal for COD.  There's been multiple 50G updates since you probably last played.  However, once it installs, it cuts most of it out but you still need a ton of hard drive space.  It's a huge complaint on the game if you ever read anything about it on social media.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6518 on: June 11, 2020, 10:37:24 AM »
PS5 event starts in about three hours. I'm curious what Rockstar* is going to be unveiling. A leak a few weeks ago said that they have completely remade Red Dead Redemption from scratch using RDR2's engine.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:51:34 AM by Chino »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6519 on: June 11, 2020, 10:42:15 AM »
PS5 event starts in about 25 minutes. I'm curious what Rockstar* is going to be unveiling. A leak a few weeks ago said that they have completely remade Red Dead Redemption from scratch using RDR2's engine.

Ffff. No way I'll be getting one for a very long time but that sounds AWESOME.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6520 on: June 11, 2020, 12:02:28 PM »
Anxiously waiting for the PS5 event. Very excited

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6521 on: June 11, 2020, 12:18:45 PM »
Very curious to see how The Last of Us part II will score, apparently reviews are due tomorrow. The first one is one of my favourite games, but I never felt a need for a direct sequel. But then again, I also initially had zero anticipation for the original and it blew me away.

What I will say is that the trailer looked absurdly good. But that was to be expected, I still think Uncharted 4 is one of the best looking games, not because the tech so advanced, but because of the attention to detail, the sheer variety of unique assets and vastly different locations. And the visual coherence of it all. And I still think UC4 has some of the most convincing acting/animations in gaming.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6522 on: June 11, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »
Confirmed - Updated GTA-V on PS5.... What the fuck?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6523 on: June 11, 2020, 02:18:30 PM »
Confirmed - Updated GTA-V on PS5.... What the fuck?

Came here to write the same thing. Seriously, there wasn't even a new GTA game during the entire life cycle of the PS4 and they are talking about doing V AGAIN for the ps5???

I already bought it for PS3, and PS4. I'm not buying it again

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6524 on: June 11, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »
Probably solely because of GTA Online. The game's 2 generations old and doesn't even need a remaster, this is crazy. I wonder if they've even started any real work on GTA6 now with the money that rolls in from GTAO. I bought V on the 360 (twice!), built a PC for it, and then bought it again to have it on PS4. Only a few Nintendo games have gotten me to repurchase them that many times.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6525 on: June 11, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »
They're going to have to really update it I think. More map and entirely new single player campaign. They can't honestly expect people to buy the same DLC-less single player game for third or fourth time just because of a graphics enhancement. There's got to be more than they've revealed.

I'm really bummed. I didn't expect a GTA-VI announcement today, but this makes me ask how far away is GTA-VI now.

I'm wondering if Rockstar has shifted its business model and future vision, and we just haven't seen it yet. Online is obviously stupidly lucrative. They can't abandon Los Santos if it's still making money. They just can't from a business standpoint. Running two different GTA Onlines (V & VI) in parallel seems like an awful business move as well. Could this be the start of a world? Every game gets its own map for single player, but the maps are combined online somehow? There's no risk to fracturing the player base if V and VI's online maps become one large one. Am I making sense?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:44:12 PM by Chino »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6526 on: June 11, 2020, 02:37:10 PM »
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Rockstar's boardroom meetings about how they proceed with the next GTA title and how to manage that with GTA Online which is based around 5. I wonder how many headaches that's causing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6527 on: June 11, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Rockstar's boardroom meetings about how they proceed with the next GTA title and how to manage that with GTA Online which is based around 5. I wonder how many headaches that's causing.

I bet no one in that company ever expected this kind of success. I don't think anyone ever thought they'd have to ask the question "Hey, should we stop developing our next GTA title because the current one won't stop making money?". I wouldn't be surprised if the original expectation was for GTA5O players to migrate to RDRO, and then eventually move to GTA6O. Only GTA5O was so successful, they never really finished RDRO, and the plan went to shit.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6528 on: June 11, 2020, 02:46:51 PM »

I bet no one in that company ever expected this kind of success. I don't think anyone ever thought they'd have to ask the question "Hey, should we stop developing our next GTA title because the current one won't stop making money?". I wouldn't be surprised if the original expectation was for GTA5O players to migrate to RDRO, and then eventually move to GTA6O. Only GTA5O was so successful, they never really finished RDRO, and the plan went to shit.

Right? At this point who knows what the dev timeline is gonna be like. We might not even get a new GTA or Red Dead until the very end of the PS5, or the PS6 entirely. Then you can expect that ported to the next 3 generations of systems.

I'll probably see a GTA 7 when I'm 50. 20 years from now.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6529 on: June 11, 2020, 03:15:29 PM »
Did not expect two versions of the console. That was a surprise. Still no price though which make me think this is going to be US$499 at minimum. I'm assuming the digital model will have larger storage capacity since it lacks the disc drive.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6530 on: June 11, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »
Holy shit Horizon Zero Dawn II looks amazing. I literally did not care about buying a PS5 until I saw that and now I am going to pick one up immediately just so I can play that. I am so happy. I heard rumors they'd show a trailer but I didn't put much stock in them.

The console... I have no idea if I think it's ugly or pretty, but my first reaction was, "well, at least it's something new."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6531 on: June 11, 2020, 03:29:06 PM »
Didn't Rockstar go through some new change in leadership recently?  I wonder if that plays a role in this.  Who cares about GTAV on PS5?  Being that I don't play consoles, I have little to no interest in the event, but that's cool if there's some excitement for the new games.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #6532 on: June 11, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »
Holy shit Horizon Zero Dawn II looks amazing. I literally did not care about buying a PS5 until I saw that and now I am going to pick one up immediately just so I can play that. I am so happy. I heard rumors they'd show a trailer but I didn't put much stock in them.
Yep, I was absolutely delighted when that came up, makes it a pretty much guaranteed purchase (at some point) for me. Was also strangely thrilled when the trailer showed the Sylens will still be a key character!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6533 on: June 11, 2020, 03:30:30 PM »
Didn't Rockstar go through some new change in leadership recently?  I wonder if that plays a role in this.  Who cares about GTAV on PS5?  Being that I don't play consoles, I have little to no interest in the event, but that's cool if there's some excitement for the new games.

Dan Houser left, which was a pretty massive loss given he was (I believe) a lead writer on both the Red Dead series as well as GTA. But I'm not sure about anyone else or executives or anything.

Yep, I was absolutely delighted when that came up, makes it a pretty much guaranteed purchase (at some point) for me. Was also strangely thrilled when the trailer showed the Sylens will still be a key character!

Yesss. I know Chad's a big HZD fan too, so this is a good day!  :hefdaddy

And did I hear that right, it's backwards compatible with PS4 games?  :omg:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:35:46 PM by Kattelox »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6534 on: June 11, 2020, 03:42:21 PM »
I missed a little bit of the press conference. Did they announce a price?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6535 on: June 11, 2020, 03:45:02 PM »
I missed a little bit of the press conference. Did they announce a price?

Negative

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6536 on: June 11, 2020, 03:55:59 PM »
Skimming through the reveals, it in general is what I love about PlayStation: variety.

Horizon 2 and Resident Evil 8 look so damn amazing.

And finally a new full fledged Ratchet and Clank sequel. The time trilogy on the PS3 was excellent and the remake of the original on the PS4 too. Really looking forward to that one! And also finally a full fledged Gran Turismo! I enjoyed collecting cars and progressing in GT5, a full campaign is a must for me. Sackboy adventures could be nice, visually it is pleasing. Seems like a Mario 3d land type of game. Demons Souls remake could potentially be amazing as well. From Soft made an excellent base for them to remake/expand upon. And it will likely be with high end visuals compared to From Soft games, which is nice.

The console itself looks a bit... eh? I hope I can put it horizontally? I am expecting 500 euros for the disc based version, because this time around the tech isn't as aged as when the PS4 launched for 400 euros and there is the super high end SSD and feature rich controller to take into account as well.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #6537 on: June 11, 2020, 03:58:26 PM »
I hope I can put it horizontally?
I wondered this too. :lol We better be able to. I don't have anywhere I can stand it up that my toddler wouldn't knock it over. :P

I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6538 on: June 11, 2020, 04:02:52 PM »
I didn't even notice Resident Evil 8. Not a RE fan, but I'll have to check it out, the trailers always look cool.

I hope we can put the system horizontally. The PS4 looks lovely the way it is...

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6539 on: June 11, 2020, 04:17:37 PM »
I wondered this too. :lol We better be able to. I don't have anywhere I can stand it up that my toddler wouldn't knock it over. :P

Yes:

https://i.imgur.com/K7ubBC5.png
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #6540 on: June 11, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »

Yes:

Interesting, looks like it sits on a little stand. Anyway, good to know!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #6541 on: June 11, 2020, 04:22:42 PM »
I look forward to buying this 4 or 5 years from now.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6542 on: June 11, 2020, 04:28:48 PM »
I usually buy consoles mid generation but I probably have the money for it, so it depends on the lineup and how much better the cross gen games will be on the PS5.

And I hope many PS4 games will be supported straight away, but I expect them to take the Xbox approach and drip feed it.

Yes:

Ah, nice, I think it looks better that way.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6543 on: June 11, 2020, 04:46:39 PM »

Right? At this point who knows what the dev timeline is gonna be like. We might not even get a new GTA or Red Dead until the very end of the PS5, or the PS6 entirely. Then you can expect that ported to the next 3 generations of systems.

I'll probably see a GTA 7 when I'm 50. 20 years from now.
R* are clever enough to know exactly how to milk every inch of their products, that's for sure. When they saw the popularity with GTA:O, they launched the mother of all DLC campaigns.

I'm pretty sure i've read that alot of the devs from GTA:O have now moved on to GTA VI and my guess would be that this event didn't line-up with their plans so they weren't ready to show anything yet. I'm pretty sure that means it won't be a launch title for PSV, it might come latef though.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6544 on: June 11, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »
Definitely hoping the cost is $399 or less. We'll see.

Really looking forward to Resident evil 8. Besides that, Gran Turismo 7 and Oddworld caught my eye.