Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481307 times)

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #6300 on: April 14, 2020, 05:29:29 AM »
No, there are several optional missions that are inherent to where to plot is in that time. For example, some of the stuff that involved Arthur's ex and the "morality" missions in chapter 6.

I found an overview:
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/450689-red-dead-redemption-2-missable-missions-quests-point-of-no-return/?amp

And yes I agree some events in the game will impact how you will experience the sidecontent in a major fashion. In terms of plot, I think it makes more sense to do the sidestuff pre-chapter 5.
]

Curses. I'm one of those mangs who likes to do everything possible in one play-through. I'll definitely be playing this game again though. Most likely whenever it goes down to 50% off on Steam.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6301 on: April 14, 2020, 05:56:43 AM »
Dang... I think I'm gonna keep playing in chapter 4's sandbox till the end of time  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6302 on: April 15, 2020, 02:06:49 PM »
Snoop dogg rants on EA

Yea come on now EA!  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #6303 on: April 15, 2020, 03:17:56 PM »
PlayStation is releasing the Nathan Drake collection and Journey for free tonight

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6304 on: April 15, 2020, 03:23:55 PM »
PlayStation is releasing the Nathan Drake collection and Journey for free tonight

:O

You mean I'll finally get to play the Uncharted games... for free?! Gentlemen. I am going to join the club... if I ever get through this backlog  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6305 on: April 15, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »
I already have all the Uncharted games and Journey. :lol

BTW, I'm on chapter 8 in FFVII Remake and this game is getting all of my free time. :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6306 on: April 15, 2020, 07:34:51 PM »
Well, I used Microsofts live gold conversion to gamepass ultimate deal and got 21 months of gamepass ultimate for like 70 euros (there were some live gold deals here).

(if you have a Live Gold subscription, your first time gamepass subscription for 1 dollar/euro will convert the entire gold subscription to gamepass ultimate, up to a maximum of 36 months, this is officially stated in their faqs and not some exploit. I think this only works once, if you have never had a gamepass subscription before).

:O

You mean I'll finally get to play the Uncharted games... for free?! Gentlemen. I am going to join the club... if I ever get through this backlog  :lol

Uncharted 1 has aged, it is very much a stepping stone. I enjoyed it still, but I am not sure I can recommend checking it out. The leap to Uncharted 2 was massive, and I played that game about one and a half years ago and it still is a thrilling ride. 3 is more of the same with better setpieces but a messier story/pacing.

The good thing is that these games are no longer than 10 hours, so if you are in for something more focused inbetween stuff like Red Dead, starting with UC2 is worth a try.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6307 on: April 15, 2020, 07:45:11 PM »
Uncharted 1 has aged, it is very much a stepping stone. I enjoyed it still, but I am not sure I can reccomend checking it out. The leap to Uncharted 2 was massive, and I played that game about one and a half years ago and it still is a thrilling ride. 3 is more of the same with better setpieces but a messier story/pacing.

The good thing is that these games are no longer than 10 hours, so if you are in for something more focused inbetween stuff like Red Dead, starting with UC2 is worth a try.

Yeah, the controls alone in Uncharted 1 can be frustrating, but the whole series is worth the ride. Especially if you have PS+ and can nab Uncharted 4 this month.

I've been playing FFVII Remake and am in Chapter 10 right now. Wow. They've managed to capture the themes and tone of the original despite being a near ground-up re-imagining. I'm particularly impressed with the writing, both between the main characters and the surrounding dialogue that unfolds around you.

The soundtrack is also noteworthy, especially in Chapter 9, where the same soundtrack is played but in a completely different genre depending on the location of the map you're in. I'm having a blast, and now only slightly regret spending WAY too much on the collector's edition...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6308 on: April 15, 2020, 08:32:40 PM »

BTW, I'm on chapter 8 in FFVII Remake and this game is getting all of my free time. :2metal:

Me too. The house is such a pain in the ass  :lol

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #6309 on: April 15, 2020, 11:42:57 PM »
Uncharted 1 has aged, it is very much a stepping stone. I enjoyed it still, but I am not sure I can reccomend checking it out. The leap to Uncharted 2 was massive, and I played that game about one and a half years ago and it still is a thrilling ride. 3 is more of the same with better setpieces but a messier story/pacing.

Yeah, the controls alone in Uncharted 1 can be frustrating, but the whole series is worth the ride. Especially if you have PS+ and can nab Uncharted 4 this month.
Completely agree, it's still a fun game, it's not very long, and it's a good introduction to the characters. It's also rewarding in terms of story development how the series starts relatively light and fun and becomes more emotional and character-focused by the fourth game.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6310 on: April 16, 2020, 07:56:10 AM »

Completely agree, it's still a fun game, it's not very long, and it's a good introduction to the characters. It's also rewarding in terms of story development how the series starts relatively light and fun and becomes more emotional and character-focused by the fourth game.

That is true, I think having played 1 does pay off in UC4 especially. But while it is worth a try, I know too many people who played 1 and never bothered with the rest of the series because they thought it was "ok". I was almost one of them, bought 2 in a sale and my mind was blown. Ironically I had more fun with 1 when I played it on the PS4 many years later, probably because my expectations were low and the game is like 7 hours long. And they enhanced the port well (even adding geometry to the enviroments and changing some core gameplay aspects).

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6311 on: April 16, 2020, 08:13:10 AM »
I was introduced to Uncharted 4 first, then went retro and got the remastered games 1 - 3.  That was an interesting way to do it because of Sully's storyline.  I love all the Uncharted games.  It's one of my favorite series of all time.  :hefdaddy
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6312 on: April 16, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »
I've never played any of the Uncharted games and I also have a free PS+ subscription for 3 months (came with the PS4) and I also have a free weekend ahead.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6313 on: April 16, 2020, 09:12:01 AM »
I made like 14 million bells in Animal Crossing last night because I bought 3.5 million bells' worth at 90 bells per and sold for 601 each thanks to the magic of the Internet. I will be holding enormous giveaways on my island for the next few days if people can find my character :) :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6314 on: April 16, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »
I think I'm starting Uncharted as soon as I finish the Injustice game I'm playing.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #6315 on: April 16, 2020, 10:07:14 AM »
Starting FFVII Remake tonight.

I feel like I'm going to meet my first high school girlfriend. Butterflies.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6316 on: April 16, 2020, 10:36:56 AM »
I've never played any of the Uncharted games and I also have a free PS+ subscription for 3 months (came with the PS4) and I also have a free weekend ahead.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

You are in for a treat!!  Enjoy!  :tup

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6317 on: April 16, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
No Xbox for me since Saturday night because the power supply died. Replacement cable should be here tomorrow which will hopefully fix the problem. As much as I miss Overwatch and my Halo playthroughs, just as annoying that the Xbox was what I used for all my streaming services.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6318 on: April 16, 2020, 03:09:02 PM »
Crysis Remastered - Official Teaser

I'm excited, can't wait to play the OG PC killer again.  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6319 on: April 16, 2020, 03:20:28 PM »
No Xbox for me since Saturday night because the power supply died. Replacement cable should be here tomorrow which will hopefully fix the problem. As much as I miss Overwatch and my Halo playthroughs, just as annoying that the Xbox was what I used for all my streaming services.

Time to invest in a PS4.  You won't experience any of those problems.  ;)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6320 on: April 16, 2020, 03:55:51 PM »

Time to invest in a PS4.  You won't experience any of those problems.  ;)

Yeah. You'll only have to deal with rebooting your console every single time you want to use the eshop :tdwn

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6321 on: April 16, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »

Fuckin eh!  My favourite FPS franchise.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6322 on: April 17, 2020, 04:47:06 AM »
Also, the Uncharted franchise is fantastic - I've played all 4.  2 is still my favorite, although the level in the submarine/ship with all the monsters was A) strange (because of monsters), and B) hard af.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6323 on: April 17, 2020, 05:49:32 AM »
Uncharted: Lost Legacy should not be overlooked either btw, it is almost as long as the first three games, took me about 8 hours (I did do the sidequests in the open section), and is basically a full fledged Uncharted in terms of production values. And it combines two of the best setpieces in the series into one hell of an action packed finale.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:54:36 AM by ErHaO »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6324 on: April 17, 2020, 05:56:23 AM »

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I remember replaying entire areas over and over, just to find different ways to approach a difficult situation. The power fantasy was probably balanced the best in this first Crysis game, you could kick ass but you weren't a Mechwarrior like in Crysis2 or a fucking magnet for every invisible opponent in Crysis3.

I'm not sure why it needs a Remaster. My guess is, if I fired up the original on this computer it would look excellent and probably make my video card scream in pain.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6325 on: April 17, 2020, 06:40:41 AM »
I'm good with the remaster for the newer consoles.  Depending on the price point, I'd probably re-play this on PS4.  If I didn't have so many games that I haven't played gathering dust, I'd break it out on my PS3.  It's one of the few games I kept when I purged my PS3 library a couple years back.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6326 on: April 17, 2020, 11:30:48 AM »

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I remember replaying entire areas over and over, just to find different ways to approach a difficult situation. The power fantasy was probably balanced the best in this first Crysis game, you could kick ass but you weren't a Mechwarrior like in Crysis2 or a fucking magnet for every invisible opponent in Crysis3.

I'm not sure why it needs a Remaster. My guess is, if I fired up the original on this computer it would look excellent and probably make my video card scream in pain.  :lol

Can't wait to punish my video card with this.

Interesting to see switch logo pop up for the remaster. I'd be curious to see how it looks on the switch.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6327 on: April 17, 2020, 09:09:45 PM »
Anyone play Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Martyr? If so, how it is after patch 2.0?

I really like the look of this game but I almost never finish ARPGs and I don't want to spend $50 on this one.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6328 on: April 19, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
Even though I'm pretty sure this game isn't for me I picked up Animal Crossing, installing now.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6329 on: April 19, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »
Even though I'm pretty sure this game isn't for me I picked up Animal Crossing, installing now.

I had that same exact thought as i was going back and forth about getting it. I ended up getting a different game, but Animal Crossing does looks interesting.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6330 on: April 19, 2020, 10:20:59 AM »
Animal Crossing is so chill. I hope you like it! I'm in the middle of doing some extreme, massive terraforming to my entire island. Adding a grid of canals to at least the area where all the shops and villagers will live, and then I'm going to put my house (my "palace" I call it) in a valley between the cliffs away from everyone else. Or maybe in a giant lake.

It's actually kept me from beating FF7R. I should really try to beat that tonight.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6331 on: April 19, 2020, 02:23:40 PM »
That's part of the reason I got was I heard the terraforming is a lot of fun.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6332 on: April 19, 2020, 04:06:02 PM »
That's part of the reason I got was I heard the terraforming is a lot of fun.

I'm having a blast with it. I like to play the game while I listen to a podcast (or audiobook, or music, etc.). Makes the terraforming or doing projects en masse (laying fences, planting flowers etc.) a lot easier.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6333 on: April 20, 2020, 01:38:40 AM »
Played some stuff the last couple of days;

-Untitled Goose Game, finished and enjoyed it. Basically harassing people as a goose and it is like a lite classic adventure game (puzzles to proceed through the game).

-Gears 3 (part of it online coop). I dunno, I think this is a huge downgrade from 2. Like half of the enemies explode and I find it annoying as hell. Also a hell of a lot of small and annoying enemies, in different flying/crawling variants. And of fucking course they mostly explode. And I am not feeling the plot and pacing. It does still look good though and the shooting feels good as well.

-Elite Sniper 4. Never played any of these. I am really enjoying this game. Huge areas and a decent freedom of approach.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6334 on: April 20, 2020, 08:19:35 AM »
Uncharted: Lost Legacy should not be overlooked either btw, it is almost as long as the first three games, took me about 8 hours (I did do the sidequests in the open section), and is basically a full fledged Uncharted in terms of production values. And it combines two of the best setpieces in the series into one hell of an action packed finale.

Most definitely!  All 5 games were a joy to play.