Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 484079 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5320 on: August 23, 2019, 07:20:08 PM »
Metal Gear Solid V is one of the best playing games ever, yet I didn't dig it. The games structure is super grindy and the plot is presented in a very boring manner spread out in inconsequential missions (clear a base and then clear that same damn base again and again, and again). Yet I did love Ground Zeroes. I think they should have gone for a series of sandboxes like that and have the plot be more prominent in between those sections.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5321 on: August 23, 2019, 07:36:22 PM »
Metal Gear Solid V is one of the best playing games ever, yet I didn't dig it. The games structure is super grindy and the plot is presented in a very boring manner spread out in inconsequential missions (clear a base and then clear that same damn base again and again, and again). Yet I did love Ground Zeroes. I think they should have gone for a series of sandboxes like that and have the plot be more prominent in between those sections.

Oh yeah agreed about The Grind. I stopped doing the whole base recruitment upgrade thing after 80 hours or so and I wasn't even fucking close to really upgrading it. According to Steam I spent 101 hours on that game.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5322 on: August 23, 2019, 07:49:57 PM »
Some day I want to go through and play through all the Metal Gear games. I have them all but I've only played 1 and 4.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5323 on: August 23, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »
Some day I want to go through and play through all the Metal Gear games. I have them all but I've only played 1 and 4.

I wonder how well the gameplay has held up on the earlier ones. I haven't played 2 or 3 in over 10 years...probably even longer since those were on the PS2. I loved those games so much that I even played through them more than once and I rarely do that.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5324 on: August 23, 2019, 08:19:24 PM »
I started playing MGS1 at the start of the year and I was having a great time aside from some frustrating gameplay things. For example when you get to the first boss in MGS, Ocelot, I forgot that you can't even seen him the screen a lot of the time.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5325 on: August 23, 2019, 08:21:01 PM »
I started playing MGS1 at the start of the year and I was having a great time aside from some frustrating gameplay things. For example when you get to the first boss in MGS, Ocelot, I forgot that you can't even seen him the screen a lot of the time.

Did you ever play the remake for the Gamecube? I only played it once years ago but I remember liking it a lot more than the original.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5326 on: August 23, 2019, 08:27:31 PM »
No! I'm curious if the remake is anywhere other than the gamecube.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5327 on: August 23, 2019, 08:45:38 PM »
No! I'm curious if the remake is anywhere other than the gamecube.

I think it was an exclusive unfortunately...which is weird. Even weirder than when Resident Evil 4 debuted on the GameCube.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5328 on: August 26, 2019, 02:01:33 PM »
I wish they'd do a remake of MGS2: Sons of Liberty.  Loved that game. :hefdaddy
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5329 on: August 26, 2019, 02:02:34 PM »

I'd Buy THAT For A Dollar!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5330 on: August 26, 2019, 03:10:34 PM »

I'd Buy THAT For A Dollar!

Cheap skate! :p  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5331 on: August 26, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »
I just got fire red for my flight to paris. Going to start it soon.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #5332 on: August 26, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
Classic WoW starts today.  The level cap is at 60 once again.  I feel conflicted on whether I want to grind that or do my usual grinding in regular WoW to pay off my gold expenses to get another month for free.

Edit: Holy crap, there are almost 900k viewers watching streamers on Twitch that I presume waiting in long hours queues right now in WoW.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5333 on: August 26, 2019, 03:59:24 PM »
Classic WoW starts today.  The level cap is at 60 once again.  I feel conflicted on whether I want to grind that or do my usual grinding in regular WoW to pay off my gold expenses to get another month for free.

Edit: Holy crap, there are almost 900k viewers watching streamers on Twitch that I presume waiting in long hours queues right now in WoW.

I want to play Classic so damn badly but just can't justify the timesink into that chaos again :(
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #5334 on: August 26, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »
Well, it's not like there's any other game for me that I want to put the time into.  Playing regular WoW has gotten to a point of being stale with the grind for a long good while now, so playing classic is a good change-up for me.  I won't be playing it on the first weekend its out though as I got two concerts back-to-back that weekend.

Btw, there's over a million viewers right now on Twitch watching WoW.  I don't even think Fortnite had achieved that at all (unless Ninja doing the stream with Drake pushed it over the million mark).  People really do want to see the game in its old form again.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5335 on: August 27, 2019, 12:06:40 AM »
I downloaded WoW Classic this morning, started a Human Paladin just before I had to go to work. I'll play some tonight, hopefully the nostalgia will hit me hard  ;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5336 on: August 27, 2019, 07:36:12 AM »
I'm tempted to join just to witness Ahn'Qiraj - I started playing too late to witness that spectacle.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5337 on: August 27, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »
I'm tempted to join just to witness Ahn'Qiraj - I started playing too late to witness that spectacle.
No way am I getting sucked back in to WoW. I bought that when it first came out and played through the first 3 expansions and then realized how much time I wasted.  :P
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5338 on: August 27, 2019, 11:59:31 PM »
I barely played last night, the starting zone was swamped with players so I couldn't do any questing :lol

I'll wait a few days until it has settled down a bit.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5339 on: August 31, 2019, 10:54:22 AM »
As much as I'd like to play I just dont think I have time for classic wow, that said I may fire it up to go to goldshire for old times sake.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5340 on: September 02, 2019, 06:24:07 AM »
Mordhau got a pretty good update the other day.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5341 on: September 02, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »
Nice! I'm looking forward to get back into it. I haven't played much of anything in the past month.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5342 on: September 07, 2019, 11:33:47 AM »
Just ordered my new PC. Can't wait to see the FPS this thing puts down in Rollercoaster Tycoon

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5343 on: September 09, 2019, 07:09:46 AM »
Just ordered my new PC. Can't wait to see the FPS this thing puts down in Rollercoaster Tycoon

Give Planet Coaster a shot. If you liked RCT 1 and 2 (and 3 I guess), you'll love it.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5344 on: September 09, 2019, 07:35:44 AM »
I actually have it but haven't played it much. I plan on giving it a spin this weekend.

Have you played parkitect? It's a much more true to rct then the brief bit of planet coaster I played however it's not nearly as pretty if a game.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5345 on: September 09, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard great things.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #5346 on: September 09, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
Started Gears 5 over the weekend. I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels like every other Gears of War game, except with maybe the best graphics I've ever seen and a much deeper story focus. Sadly, there is a bug that prevents the game from saving what collectibles I've found, but that's a relatively minor thing. Even if you gave up on Gears already, this one might be worth trying out regardless!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5347 on: September 09, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »
I've been playing so much Overwatch lately because I found a league organized on Discord for Xbox players. Been lots of fun so far. And then some of the chat in our team's Discord channel about Gears 5 got me to go and grab the remaster of the original on the Marketplace (it's the only one I played before going into a Halo only phase and then not gaming at all for a while).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5348 on: September 10, 2019, 01:36:05 PM »
Patch #11 came out for Mordhau today!  :metal (#10 came out last week or the week prior).   

Looking good!

Patch Notes:

With this update, we are shipping the Invasion game mode on three existing maps: Grad, Taiga and Camp. Invasion is an epic, asymmetric, objective-based mode where one team defends and the other attacks. The remaining maps will be adapted for Invasion in the future, including the two new maps we’re working on - Feitoria and Castello. Also featured in this update is automatic mod (map) download when connecting to a modded server. This is only the first step in mod support for MORDHAU, as the official SDK is not ready yet, although our resourceful community has managed to make maps regardless.

Stay tuned for more updates in the near future, Feitoria is just about ready for release!

Patch #11 Changelog 10/09/2019

Gameplay

Added a whole new asymmetric objective-based mode called Invasion. Currently available on Grad, Taiga and Camp. Mixed in with existing Frontline rotation on official servers.

Added automatic mod (map) download on connect and mod.io integration (workshop)

Server owners can specify their https://mordhau.mod.io/ auth token in the ServerModAuthToken field in Game.ini which they get from mod.io. Any mods subscribed by the mod.io user will be automatically downloaded & updated by the server on startup.

Reduced waiting for player time in duel from 120s to 90s

Fixed kill credits being assigned to teammates for teamdamage (e.g, even if the enemy suicided or died otherwise) causing a teamkill

Players on vehicles now count for pushing in push objectives (e.g. horses etc)

Getting auto-kickbanned for teamkilling (5 TKs) no longer applies a global matchmaking ban of 30 minutes, it now only bans you from that server for 30 minutes.

Combat

Adjusted axe head bonus stamina drain vs shields to be slightly weaker

Held block shields global stam negation increased by 1

Held block shields block turncap slightly less strict

Reverted Horde changes from last patch except for the projectile damage change

Horse respawn time increased to 2 minutes

Spinning in the opposite direction and trying to “backswing” will no longer work, now causes glancing blow

Weapons & Equipment

Eveningstar main mode strike combo slowed down 25ms

Visuals & Misc

Made thrown weapon trail a bit less squiggly

Fixed perma ban message showing when trying to search for a match after a temp ban expired

Fixed inventory not refreshing between matches when staying on the same server

Medium horse now gets random colors and patterns assigned on spawn, and will assume team colors when mounted in a team mode.

UI

Polish on objective icons look and feel

There’s now a fixed amount of closest objective icons that show up, preventing too much clutter

Objective icons now display in the map spawn screen

Added mute, unmute, mutelist commands for server admins; prevents players from sending chat messages; global on official servers

Banlist command now includes globally banned players on official servers

Fixed profanity filter not applying when checked (having to be re-checked)

Synced up duel UI countdown better with the server

Fixed top rank next icon breaking in duel

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5349 on: September 10, 2019, 01:37:40 PM »
While I was at ProgPower, Nintendo launched Banjo-Kazooie for Smash Ultimate which has me over the moon, *and* released a ton of awesome SNES games for the Switch. Don't have time right now to mess with them but this weekend will be full of that stuff for me.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5350 on: September 24, 2019, 06:21:01 PM »
Just a public service announcement if anyone is looking to get Jedi Outcast on either PS4 or switch

This port has no way to invert the Y-axis, so if there's anyone that likes to play like that, beware that this is an issue.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5351 on: September 24, 2019, 07:02:26 PM »
Just a public service announcement if anyone is looking to get Jedi Outcast on either PS4 or switch

This port has no way to invert the Y-axis, so if there's anyone that likes to play like that, beware that this is an issue.

Oh mang. I remember seeing the cool PC box in the game stores back in the day. This was the beginning of the dark days when PC games were starting to go from $40 standard pricing to $50. I think Jedi Outcast was one of the $50 games. I didn't end up playing it until 2009 or so.

I think Billy Dee Williams does the voice of Lando.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5352 on: September 24, 2019, 10:16:47 PM »
Ooohhh I do love me some Jedi Outcast.

I think Billy Dee Williams does the voice of Lando.

I believe you are correct.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5353 on: September 25, 2019, 01:16:19 AM »
So over a month ago I was gifted a Switch, to celebrate my first job with my degree(s). It was two weeks prior to starting so I had the time to "no life" a couple of games.

-Mario Oddysey: Fantastic game, now near the end. Though I do think Astro Bot and Mario Galaxy are better (two games I played this summer)
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: A heap of trash in my opinion. Tried it out with friends as well, to see if I like it more that way. Answer was no, we all thought it was really bad. Traded it in.
-Fire Emblem Three Houses: Was fearing it was too "anime" for me. It is at times, but overall it is a fantastic game. Near the end of the Blue Lions storyline. I enjoyed it so much that I put Breath of the Wild aside (of which I only played about 4 hours). I do have to say the game looks terrible though, graphically speaking.
-Smash Ultimate: I love it. It is a celebration of the last 30 years or so of gaming and one that plays really well and is addictive. I almost wish it wasn't Nintendo and it included the major Sony/MS characters (thankfully, it has quite some major third party characters). That "storymode" isn't that great, but I am having plenty of fun playing regular matches and trying out new characters. And every now and then I play with housemates/friends.
-Pikachu Let's Go: It is fine, but the major reason I enjoy this is the massive nostalgia I have for Pokemon Red/Blue. The game itself feels super cheaply made in every single aspect and that is a shame for a series selling so much. I am not kidding when I say Yokai Watch 3 on the 3DS, a niche title, feels way more well produced than this (a housemate is playing this, it actually looks pretty good). I mean, these Pokemon still have their 8-bit schreeches, really?!!
-Doom 3: I really like it. Never played it back in the day. I love these type of space colonies gone wrong stories (Alien Isolation, Dead Space 1-2). I think it looks really good in handheld mode (the old models and textures are less prominent this way).

And I bought Jedi Outcast. 9 euros is such a great deal. First impressions are good. As a little kid, I played the first Jedi Knight but never got to play it's sequel.

Furthemore, I traded in my Switch for the new one, the battery life it a bliss.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:21:25 AM by ErHaO »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5354 on: September 25, 2019, 05:41:27 AM »

Furthemore, I traded in my Switch for the new one, the battery life it a bliss.

I am loving the better life as well  :metal

I would recommend Zelda breath of the wild if you haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.