Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 482660 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5110 on: May 25, 2019, 06:55:42 AM »
Nice! I can't wait to get home and play some Mordhau

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5111 on: May 25, 2019, 12:13:02 PM »
I'll be on tonight

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5112 on: May 27, 2019, 06:47:45 PM »
Just started playing Yakuza 0 for PS4. Pretty cool so far

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5113 on: May 27, 2019, 06:56:03 PM »
Just started playing Yakuza 0 for PS4. Pretty cool so far

One of the funniest craziest games I've ever played.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5114 on: May 29, 2019, 05:25:30 AM »
I'm looking for a fun platform style game for PS4. Any recommendations?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #5115 on: May 29, 2019, 08:55:50 AM »
If you like old school, the Crash Bandicoot Remaster collection as well as Sonic Mania is excellent. If you like indie, both Celeste and Inside are really cool and different experiences.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5116 on: May 29, 2019, 12:28:11 PM »
If you like old school, the Crash Bandicoot Remaster collection as well as Sonic Mania is excellent. If you like indie, both Celeste and Inside are really cool and different experiences.

I heard Ratchet and Clank is good too. Wait that's not really a platformer right? I never played any of the older ones.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5117 on: May 29, 2019, 12:42:45 PM »
Would the first Jak and Daxter be qualified as a platformer? God, that game brings back some great memories
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5118 on: May 29, 2019, 01:02:46 PM »
I 100% second Lynxo's suggestions. Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy is the poster child of what a game remake should be, Sonic Mania is fun if you're into that (it's like Sonic The Hedgehog 2 just made new levels for itself and put it on a modern system), Celeste is an awesome game from an amazingly talented developer.

I don't know if I'd call Spyro a platformer but the remastered trilogy looks absolutely beautiful and there's some platform elements to it but it's much more of an adventure-collectathon in the vein of those early era 3D games a la Super Mario 64. Either way it's well worth checking out.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5119 on: May 29, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »
I'm proud of myself, for the first time I had a significant positive K/D in Mordhau.  :lol It's usually the other way round.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5120 on: May 29, 2019, 04:18:53 PM »
Have any of you mordhau guys started building s custom character yet? I’m going to sit down and try to make one tonight

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5121 on: May 29, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »
Yea I buildt several characters for diffrent roles. I'm using the friendly perk (Attacks caused to allies are reduced by 50%) on my zweihander character because you pretty much hit everyone swinging that thing.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5122 on: May 29, 2019, 04:39:29 PM »
Do you get your gold back if you make a build you don't like?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5123 on: May 29, 2019, 04:40:34 PM »
I don't think so but i'm not sure.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5124 on: May 29, 2019, 04:56:35 PM »
I don't think so but i'm not sure.

You don't get your gold back, but I've reached a point where it doesn't matter. I have two characters I like to play with, and I'm sitting on $28Kish gold just sitting there. It kind of becomes a non-issue after a certain point.

Have any of you mordhau guys started building s custom character yet? I’m going to sit down and try to make one tonight

I don't think I ever played a pre-built character :lol

It seems like a number of us play. Add me on Steam! - chino1130

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5125 on: May 29, 2019, 10:01:41 PM »
I just checked my steam friend list and I see you on there but it says it’s been over 2000 days since last long in. Am I on your list? Reaper2195?

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5126 on: May 30, 2019, 03:24:49 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations! I tried Celeste, and it seems to be what I'm after. But damn, it's hard!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5127 on: May 30, 2019, 06:08:17 AM »
I just checked my steam friend list and I see you on there but it says it’s been over 2000 days since last long in. Am I on your list? Reaper2195?

Weird. I'll have to check when I get home later tonight.

Thought this was interesting. Looks like all the maps are connected. I saw leaked images yesterday of two new maps, but I'm having trouble finding them on a site that isn't blocked by my company's network.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5128 on: May 30, 2019, 07:34:29 AM »
That's pretty cool, and this game definitely needs new maps so that's nice that they are probably close to ready then

Offline Ruba

« Reply #5129 on: May 30, 2019, 08:07:27 AM »
I tried Celeste, and it seems to be what I'm after. But damn, it's hard!

I've seen couple videos about it and it seems like a game that would make me want to throw my controller to the wall. :P It has a cool premise, but I just don't have that kind of platforming skill or patience.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5130 on: May 30, 2019, 08:37:33 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations! I tried Celeste, and it seems to be what I'm after. But damn, it's hard!

The creator, Matt Makes Games, way way long ago (10+ years) released some free games on the PC called Jumper - Jumper 1, Jumper 2, Jumper Redux, Jumper 3. Very interesting, fun games, but also frustrating in a similar way. If Celeste is something you're enjoying despite its difficulty, I highly recommend you check out those Jumper games. They're free, you can usually beat them in a few hours if you're dedicated, and they're super inventive platformers. The game Dim is also really, really cool.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5131 on: May 30, 2019, 09:30:21 AM »
I tried Celeste, and it seems to be what I'm after. But damn, it's hard!

I've seen couple videos about it and it seems like a game that would make me want to throw my controller to the wall. :P

You're correct  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5132 on: May 30, 2019, 12:12:28 PM »

I'm getting the following message when searching your name: "There are no users that match your search"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5133 on: May 30, 2019, 04:43:30 PM »
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Official Reveal Trailer

Haven't played a CoD game since the first Black Ops game. Since this is suppose to be a reboot I will check it out. They always did great SP campaigns.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5134 on: May 30, 2019, 04:56:44 PM »
Jesus that's pretty.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5135 on: May 30, 2019, 07:13:48 PM »
New Death Stranding trailer:  (Kojima's new game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu8X7vM3Avw

Best game ever?
Worst game ever?
I have no idea what's going on  :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5136 on: May 30, 2019, 07:50:23 PM »
Probably will be some heady stuff that none of us will ever understand, but it looks so good (graphically speaking). Still have no clue what it's about.

Been playing Layers of Fear 2. Like Death Stranding, I have no clue what's going on. It's not really a scary game, but it does have unsettling moments. Graphics look great and I like the ocean liner setting and Hollywood theme. Some nice nods to horror films. Any game that utilizes mannequins is probably going to freak me out, so this game does its job
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5137 on: May 30, 2019, 09:06:46 PM »

I'm getting the following message when searching your name: "There are no users that match your search"

Weird I'm going to remove you and re-add you

Edit: Invite sent

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5138 on: May 30, 2019, 11:50:11 PM »
Still can't get over how terrible it is to control Arthur in RDR2. The game is one of the most beautiful games when riding a horse and looking at the scenery. But walking (slooowly) or running around as Arthur feels goofy as fuck. And why is Arthur always underweight even when I feed him a whole fucking deer every day yet everyone comments on how good the horse looks when I feed it a carrot once a day?

Rockstar got so much right and so much wrong with this game.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5139 on: May 31, 2019, 01:43:08 AM »
I never really had too much issue controlling either Arthur or the Horse. Once you take into account momentum and plan your movements accordingly the movement works fine. To me, the main issue with the game in retrospect was how much downtime there was in the missions and how little variation there actually is in how you can approach solving the challenges in them. The missions feel extremely at odds with the design of the open world.

On an unrelated note I picked up Dead Cells for Switch yesterday. 'Tis good fun.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #5140 on: May 31, 2019, 02:01:58 AM »
New Death Stranding trailer:  (Kojima's new game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu8X7vM3Avw

Best game ever?
Worst game ever?
I have no idea what's going on  :lol

Honestly the trailer just left me feeling really cold. Considering all of Kojimas hype about this being a new type of action game/experience it just looked like a bit of a mishmash of plenty of other games out there.

I have no doubt it'll be good, I love the MGS games and I expect this will be good too but I feel like I'm really not seeing what others are regarding this game. It feels like a lot of people are going "OMG KOJIMA AND ITS WEIRD! GAME OF THE YEAR!"

Maybe I'm just being cynical so i don't get overhyped for it, so I'm more surprised when I actually play the game. I just... don't really get the hype for it I suppose.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5141 on: May 31, 2019, 02:14:56 AM »
I just think its impressive that in an age where trailers spoil almost everything, that I've seen a good hour of footage of death stranding and still have no idea what the hell is going on.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5142 on: May 31, 2019, 04:44:57 AM »

Received and accepted. You name displays as ReaperKK though

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5143 on: May 31, 2019, 05:28:55 AM »
Oh ok, I think my account name is Reaper2195 and then I changed my display name. I'm dumb.

Still can't get over how terrible it is to control Arthur in RDR2. The game is one of the most beautiful games when riding a horse and looking at the scenery. But walking (slooowly) or running around as Arthur feels goofy as fuck. And why is Arthur always underweight even when I feed him a whole fucking deer every day yet everyone comments on how good the horse looks when I feed it a carrot once a day?

Rockstar got so much right and so much wrong with this game.

I hated the controls of RDR2 when I first got it but after a couple of hours I got used to it, and by the end of the game it wasn't a problem. I think my issue was I rarely play console games so I'm just not used to playing with a controller.

I just think its impressive that in an age where trailers spoil almost everything, that I've seen a good hour of footage of death stranding and still have no idea what the hell is going on.

agreed

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5144 on: May 31, 2019, 06:14:27 AM »

Received and accepted. You name displays as ReaperKK though

We getting some slaughter in tonight?