Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 482803 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5075 on: May 15, 2019, 08:33:53 AM »
@Cram 

Guys like us will appreciate the last item on this updates list  :lol

https://old.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/boxngm/patch_6_changelog/

:lol for us bad players, although we were getting better. 

Also like adding range to the kicks, I've stopped using them since they seemed like you had to be so close to use

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5076 on: May 15, 2019, 08:55:01 AM »
@Cram 

Guys like us will appreciate the last item on this updates list  :lol

https://old.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/boxngm/patch_6_changelog/

:lol for us bad players, although we were getting better. 

Also like adding range to the kicks, I've stopped using them since they seemed like you had to be so close to use

My favorite comment:

"Was expecting an increase in lute volume, I'm disappointed."  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5077 on: May 15, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
 :lol I think my next video is going to be a lot of quick shots of just people like the musicians, archers, and horsemen getting slaughtered which are the most satisfying kills

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5078 on: May 16, 2019, 11:27:19 AM »
For those into storydriven games, I can recommend A Plague Tale: Innocence. In a sense, it is a more involved "walking sim" (not in a negative sense). There is stealth and there is combat, but it is all fairly easy and basic, but it is perfectly coherent with the plot. The game is super atmospheric and the art direction is sublime.

This type of game is exciting because it was made by like 40 people, looks fantastic is a full fledged adventure of more than 10 or so hours at a lower pricepoint. Games like this show that you don't need a massive budget for an experience like this. The animations are the only thing that is noticably below AAA standards, but honestly it is sufficient to convey what they were going for. And with most major singeplayer titles these days going for 30+ hours experiences, a more concise experience like this is more than welcome to me.

Got it as a gift (along with the amazing pre-order bonus, which was a vinyl with a selection of the beautiful soundtrack) and am very impressed thus far. Honestly, I was expecting a far more jankier title. I am playing with French audio because I usually choose the language that is native to the setting (Japanese in Sekiro, for example). Sounds great.

Launch trailer for those who haven't seen anything of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtP6mNeN6yE&has_verified=1

Avoid like the plague if you don't like kids though.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5079 on: May 17, 2019, 07:49:49 AM »

Oh no!  A definite deal breaker.  :facepalm:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5080 on: May 17, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
The game looks very good, but not sure what you mean by "lower price point", looks pretty full price to me.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5081 on: May 17, 2019, 03:21:15 PM »
The game looks very good, but not sure what you mean by "lower price point", looks pretty full price to me.

Oh, over here it is 50 euros and standard pricing of new games is 65. Not a budget title, that is true.

Oh no!  A definite deal breaker.  :facepalm:

Well, the lead character is a 15 year old girl and the goal of the game is basically to help your sickly little brother through a war torn and hostile medieval France filled with killer rats and inquisitors. A lot of the major characters that you interact with storywise are also children (kind of makes sense as the adults are/were fighting a war). But thus far they nailed all of them. Often kids are super cringey in games but they act natural and it is interesting how they cope with such a deadly and dire setting. Hence why I gave the warning. Especially Hugo is a small kid younger than, say, Atreus and Ellie.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5082 on: May 17, 2019, 07:01:00 PM »
After watching a few videos (yours included cramx) I'm download Mordhau to give it a shot tonight.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5083 on: May 17, 2019, 07:21:11 PM »
After watching a few videos (yours included cramx) I'm download Mordhau to give it a shot tonight.

Nice, there's a learning curve to the combat.  Got to get the timing right and it's different for each weapon.  But if you get in, lets play.  Chino and I played the other night which was fun but I know I need to get better at this game.

Was working on my next Apex Legends video tonight and since my brother moved out, I took over our shared computer space and set up my green screen.  Now it's so much easier to add my commentary and also game with the green screen.

also I didn't even share my latest Mordhau video here, my first fully with the green screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHA0zSX4JS0  I really like how this one came out although I'm still not sure why the quality isn't better than it is.  It sucks though cause it seems like I can't stream with this set up as it uses way too much CPU power.  Not that I do stream, but this set up would work well.  I would need a stream PC to do it though.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5084 on: May 18, 2019, 12:22:28 PM »
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is on sale on the Switch eshop til next Thursday... 50% off. 30 bucks is an insane deal for the amount of hours you can get out of these games. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on it tonight, it's been way too long since I've had my MH fix.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5085 on: May 18, 2019, 04:10:44 PM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5086 on: May 18, 2019, 08:54:42 PM »
Alright so my new Obsession is Mordhau, I'm complete trash at the game but it is so fucking fun

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5087 on: May 19, 2019, 01:02:53 AM »
Alright so my new Obsession is Mordhau, I'm complete trash at the game but it is so fucking fun
Yea it's fun and yea I also suck at it.  :lol I tried some Horde yesterday and it's a bit more forgiving since you fighting NPCs so it's a good training ground.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5088 on: May 19, 2019, 06:14:50 AM »
I've been playing with Bots to practice and there are some helpful youtube videos. I was playing way too aggressive, I basically playing as if I was playing Apex Legends, going in guns blazing. That doesn't work in this game.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5089 on: May 19, 2019, 07:41:56 PM »
Got knife attacked by a Lemoyne Raider in RDR2, killed the guy with my knife, and then had witnesses report me. Excellent Wanted system :tdwn This is why I've been saving before every encounter.

I don't know why Rockstar thought this was a good system. I will pray to Crom for some good mods to fix this when the PC version comes out.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5090 on: May 19, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvJPKOLDSos

This video pretty much sums up my thoughts towards RDR2 and the wanted system: He covers the wanted system starting at 13:21

"Not only do they know that a train is being robbed, but that it's specifically Arthur Morgan that's doing it
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5091 on: May 19, 2019, 08:48:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvJPKOLDSos

This video pretty much sums up my thoughts towards RDR2 and the wanted system: He covers the wanted system starting at 13:21

"Not only do they know that a train is being robbed, but that it's specifically Arthur Morgan that's doing it

Saw that video a little while ago. He's so spot on. NakeyJakey is awesome.

I played Red dead 2 twice and never went back. Its beautiful to look at and there's lots of stuff to do, but I don't like it at all. Still love the first red dead redemption though.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5092 on: May 19, 2019, 09:41:16 PM »
That dude is funny. I've never seen his videos before. I'll start checking them out. I agree with his criticisms of the wanted system.

The mental gymnastics people do to defend this system is really something. I've read comments like, "Well this isn't the wild west anymore so you can't commit crimes and not suffer the consequences". "If someone attacks you, then you should run away or use your rope. You shouldn't use lethal force". Fine. I understand that this story is about the final days of western outlaws, but that still doesn't justify RockStar's implementation of this wanted system with witnesses only showing up after you've killed someone who tried to kill you first. It doesn't justify police automatically knowing who you are when you're disguised.

I want to watch the whole video. Are there any spoilers? I'm half way through the game. Edit: Just saw a comment on the video that says there are no spoilers. Edit: The dude in the video says he spoils some side stuff and recommends playing through the game before watching the video so I'll do that.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:49:11 PM by Herrick »

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5093 on: May 19, 2019, 10:34:18 PM »
And another bullshit forced Wanted State in the side quest The Artist's Way. SPOILER WARNING:

The last mission in this side story forces a wanted state on you for defending this guy against three attackers one who has a knife. I guess you can beat them all without weapons but why? No warning of witnesses seeing the fight just a fucking WANTED notification for Arthur Morgan after killing one of them with a knife...who also had a fucking knife trying to kill Arthur.

The only way to escape is to jump into the water but I don't have enough stamina and I can't use any stamina stuff while in the water so I end up drowning and losing money. It's hardly anything compared to how much money I have but why am I punished for doing a side quest? I don't get it. It's not worth reloading my game because it "conveniently" doesn't save after defending the guy so the side quest has to be restarted. Bullshit Mr. Han Man  :tdwn

And after dying and losing $150 I still have a bounty of $5  :rollin

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5094 on: May 20, 2019, 07:10:10 AM »
Got knife attacked by a Lemoyne Raider in RDR2, killed the guy with my knife, and then had witnesses report me. Excellent Wanted system :tdwn This is why I've been saving before every encounter.

I don't know why Rockstar thought this was a good system. I will pray to Crom for some good mods to fix this when the PC version comes out.

I couldn't stand how you could hogtie someone and bring them into the deepest woods of the highest mountain, only to have someone witness you when you murder them.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5095 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:20 AM »
Apparently GRR Martin has been writing for a video game. And it seems likely it is an open world From Software game. Interesting to say the least.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5096 on: May 21, 2019, 06:03:42 AM »
Bumping Mordhau again

If anyone PC games and is looking for something fun, give this a shot. Cram and I played for a few hours last night and it's blast. It's only $30 and you won't regret it. It's medieval mayhem everywhere you turn.

Character customization is some of the best I've seen in any game ever, and there are no micro transactions of any kind.

Also, Cram: This is what I was talking about last night.
https://old.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/br5cjg/now_this_is_high_level_strategy/

That is all.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 06:43:01 AM by Chino »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5097 on: May 21, 2019, 07:15:57 AM »
I still suck at the game but I enjoy running around doing warcrys and taunting players. Mowing down enemies with a scythe is also fun.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5098 on: May 21, 2019, 07:25:44 AM »
I still suck at the game but I enjoy running around doing warcrys and taunting players. Mowing down enemies with a scythe is also fun.

Well I went 3 and 26 one game last night, so don't feel too bad  :lol

You should play with us. We had a group of 4 last night with mics and it was a lot of fun.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5099 on: May 21, 2019, 08:24:21 AM »
Yea, I'm going to have to make a video of Chino just destroying the team with the catapult as I protect him and just keep using the laughing voice in the game.   :lol

I think we all suck when we start, I'm starting to get better and had some of my best games the last couple days.  It's also good to play with people and strategize.  Chino and I made a nice move on the archers with their mounted bows in the mountains by distracting them and burning them  :lol

Reapper has got to get in

Also, Cram: This is what I was talking about last night.
https://old.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/br5cjg/now_this_is_high_level_strategy/

Geeze, this would piss me off so much. But if we could get you cover, would be perfect for a catapult shot

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5100 on: May 21, 2019, 09:00:57 PM »
I've become really good at the bow and arrow so I'm forcing myself to fight melee because otherwise I'll never get any better, I find that I quickly get overwhelmed. 1v1 isn't so bad

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5101 on: May 22, 2019, 06:18:25 AM »
Reap, you play too? What's your name on Steam?   

Cram knows this, but I regularly tend to be in the top three in the game as far as assists go. I'm decent at landing blows, but not the finishing ones. Up until last night I've been playing with a targe shield, a mace, and a fire bomb. While the mace hits quick, you need at least two well placed shots to get a kill with it.   

Last night I ditched that load out and switched to a messer sword, no shield, and two fire bombs. I only played 3 games, but I finished with a positive K/D ratio all three times. That rarely happens for me, let alone three times in a row. I can't wait to try it some more.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5102 on: May 22, 2019, 08:05:24 AM »
I use level 3 armor, level 1 helmet (well, it's really just a dumb hat but it is a 1) the zweihander and a fire bomb.  My go to move is to throw the fire bomb behind enemies and use my large sword to try to push them back into the fire.  I've hardly tried any other load outs because I've just been working on getting the timing of swinging the huge sword right.  I haven't always gotten positive K/D games, although more often than not now I am, but I am consistently being in the top 5 in points now  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5103 on: May 23, 2019, 02:04:27 AM »
So my recent tactic has been using a zweihander and poking people to death at a safe distance, not the most honorable fighting style but it gets the job done.  :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5104 on: May 23, 2019, 07:33:32 AM »

Cram knows this, but I regularly tend to be in the top three in the game as far as assists go. I'm decent at landing blows, but not the finishing ones. Up until last night I've been playing with a targe shield, a mace, and a fire bomb. While the mace hits quick, you need at least two well placed shots to get a kill with it.   

Last night I ditched that load out and switched to a messer sword, no shield, and two fire bombs. I only played 3 games, but I finished with a positive K/D ratio all three times. That rarely happens for me, let alone three times in a row. I can't wait to try it some more.

Yea I just got it, I think I friended you on steam but if not my name is Reaper2195. I'm on vacation now but I'll be back to playing Tuesday.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5105 on: May 23, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »
So my recent tactic has been using a zweihander and poking people to death at a safe distance, not the most honorable fighting style but it gets the job done.  :lol

I don't find throwing the fire bombs to be fairly honorable, but this isn't For Honor  :lol I don't find the guys swinging and spinning their bodies honorable either but those guys slaughter me constantly. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5106 on: May 23, 2019, 07:51:51 AM »

Yea I just got it, I think I friended you on steam but if not my name is Reaper2195. I'm on vacation now but I'll be back to playing Tuesday.

Cool. I'll add you.   

I think when we spoke before, I kind of fucked up. I actually have two Steam accounts for some reason, both of which are tied to the same email address somehow. I think I gave you MendicinoB as my username, but chino1130 is what I'm playing this game under. I'll add you on that account too! 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5107 on: May 23, 2019, 07:55:34 AM »

I don't find throwing the fire bombs to be fairly honorable, but this isn't For Honor  :lol I don't find the guys swinging and spinning their bodies honorable either but those guys slaughter me constantly.

Fuck honor! I'm all about that sweet XP.   

But seriously, firebombs can be used in very strategic ways outside of getting damage and kill points. They can be integral to block entrance/exit points when trying to capture a base (pending what map you're playing of course).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5108 on: May 23, 2019, 07:56:54 AM »
Oh of course, it's all tactics.  Last night just sucked that the servers were down and we had to resort to some slaughter server  :lol I just wasn't into that for long. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5109 on: May 25, 2019, 06:08:11 AM »
Finally won one!

That K/D/A ratio  :lol