Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481297 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4830 on: February 07, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
I've been playing apex non-stop the game is a blast. I'd be super happy if something happens with Titans
Yea seems like they really made the best out of the Battle Royale mode and improved the formula. Apparently they thought of the fact that alot of people don't communicate in MP so they play tested the game in a month with scrambled dev names and no intercom in order to tweak the gameplay to make it work in every scenario.

Will try it out as soon as I can!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4831 on: February 07, 2019, 10:44:50 AM »
Yea I am looking to try it out, watched Shroud dominate the other night. Looks like Halo BR in some ways. My friends are all playing but I'm not home to play this week.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4832 on: February 07, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4833 on: February 07, 2019, 09:14:35 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4834 on: February 07, 2019, 09:41:36 PM »
Trans-Siberian Railway Simulator - Official Trailer

I'm sold!

Saw that earlier today and I need to play it.

In other news I can't stop playing Apex Legends, it's so damn addicting. I can't remember the last time I couldn't' wait to get home to play a video game :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4835 on: February 08, 2019, 11:57:58 PM »
Been playing lots of games lately, finished Tacoma some days ago (ok walking sim with a very intriguing 3D dialogue analyzer/rewind mechanic), and today I finished SOMA (psych horror under the sea!), and a little but super interesting game called Dujanah. It's about a woman who's searching for his missing daughter and husband and boy it's trippy as hell, surprisingly touching and honest, and beautifully written. And the music, damn, one of the best soundtracks I've listened to as of late - minimalism, soft rock, trip-hop, electronic, etc. Mesmerizing little game.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #4836 on: February 09, 2019, 06:29:45 PM »
I picked up the Resident Evil 2 remake for PS4 today and I'm blown away by how awesome it is. I highly recommend any fan of the series to check it out if you haven't already done so.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4837 on: February 09, 2019, 07:32:15 PM »
I want to buy it, problem is I'm a baby when it comes to horror games

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #4838 on: February 09, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »
I picked up the Resident Evil 2 remake for PS4 today and I'm blown away by how awesome it is. I highly recommend any fan of the series to check it out if you haven't already done so.

I was surprised they made it full price. I was hoping the price would be something like Yakuza 0 & Kiwami. I'll definitely wait for a good sale for the RE2 remake.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4839 on: February 10, 2019, 05:26:51 AM »

Hell yeah man. Its been one hell of a ride and one of the most satisfying games I've played in years  :metal

It creeped the hell out of me when I first started playing. Most of the hallways are dark and smokey, and the lighting/shadows do a fantastic job of creating a scary atmosphere.

But one thing I will say is, facing that fear and overcoming its challenges has been extremely satisfying. There's a demo available if you wanted to check it out and see if you would want to play the whole game.   I was completely sold after playing the demo.

I was surprised they made it full price. I was hoping the price would be something like Yakuza 0 & Kiwami. I'll definitely wait for a good sale for the RE2 remake.

I was surprised at first as well, but then once I started playing it I did a 180. Its so totally worth the price. There's two main campaigns and then two bonus campaigns:

So far I have done Leon A scenario and it took 20 hours, besides that I can do Claire B scenario, the 4th survivor and Tofu Survivor (where you play as a piece of Tofu with only a knife)

All in all, I was very pleased with RE2 Remake

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4840 on: February 10, 2019, 07:53:24 AM »
Just finished Red Dead 2 and holy shit was it an amazing game. Top 10 of all time for me. The only complaint I had about the game was the epilogue dragged on for just a bit too long IMO. I also was lucky enough where the only bug I had in the game was my horse disappearing after I saved the game, I never go her back :(

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4841 on: February 10, 2019, 08:53:52 AM »
Just finished Red Dead 2 and holy shit was it an amazing game. Top 10 of all time for me. The only complaint I had about the game was the epilogue dragged on for just a bit too long IMO. I also was lucky enough where the only bug I had in the game was my horse disappearing after I saved the game, I never go her back :(

War

Frame

Bitch
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4842 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:44 AM »
Played some Titanfall 2 this weekend because I got a serious itch after all this TF3 and Apex talk. Now I haven't played Apex yet but I can't help thinking how cool it would be if they added Titans later in the rounds just to change the game.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4843 on: February 10, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
I saw some people leak through code that Apex will have a solo and duo mode as well.  That seemed likely

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4844 on: February 10, 2019, 10:52:39 AM »
Yea I heard that, not surprising.

Anyone excited for Satisfactory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5TogHASrCo

I love building and producing mechanics in games. I enjoy building in survival games more than PvP. When I played Rust for example I usually joined an empty server just for farming and building stuff.

Anyway I find this type of gameplay really exciting so Satisfactory seems to satisfy that itch no pun intended.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4845 on: February 10, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »
Satisfactory reminds me a lot of Factorio if Factorio was a 3d game.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4846 on: February 10, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
Satisfactory reminds me a lot of Factorio if Factorio was a 3d game.
I've never played Factorio but yea from i've heard it's basically that but in 3D and PvE.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #4847 on: February 10, 2019, 03:15:10 PM »

Hell yeah man. Its been one hell of a ride and one of the most satisfying games I've played in years  :metal

It creeped the hell out of me when I first started playing. Most of the hallways are dark and smokey, and the lighting/shadows do a fantastic job of creating a scary atmosphere.

But one thing I will say is, facing that fear and overcoming its challenges has been extremely satisfying. There's a demo available if you wanted to check it out and see if you would want to play the whole game.   I was completely sold after playing the demo.

I was surprised at first as well, but then once I started playing it I did a 180. Its so totally worth the price. There's two main campaigns and then two bonus campaigns:

So far I have done Leon A scenario and it took 20 hours, besides that I can do Claire B scenario, the 4th survivor and Tofu Survivor (where you play as a piece of Tofu with only a knife)

All in all, I was very pleased with RE2 Remake

I already beat Leon's scenario this morning and I'm about an hour and a half into Claire's now. I've been a hardcore RE1/RE2 fan for nearly 20 years... I don't blame anyone for wanting to wait until the remake drops in price, but it was definitely worth it for me. It's easily one of the best games I've played in the last decade.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4848 on: February 10, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
It's also not anything like Yakuza 0/Kiwami at all. Those are meager renditions in comparison to the ground-up, completely redone, totally new game that is REmake2. Hence the name, remake. Yakuza 0/Kiwami are remasters; and that isn't just semantics. One is a very simple graphics upgrade (I know, game development is hard, but in comparison to remaking an entirely new game). The other is, again, a totally new game built from the ground up. It's not like they used assets already made or anything like that. The fact that they based it on an existing game might have some kind of merit to the core story, but anything beyond that is brand spanking new. So yeah as far as the price goes, it warrants it completely. Especially given the content; there's tons of games out there with half the content this game has and are the same price.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for it to be cheaper, but the comparison was off and as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to support the game because holy fuck give me R3make right now.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4849 on: February 11, 2019, 03:16:12 PM »
If RE3 Remake came out I would definitely pick it up. In the meantime since I already beat Remake 2, I decided to go back and check out Remake 1, which is now actually available for PC, XBOX One and PS4.

All I'm gonna say is:  Thank you sweet jesus that they ditched the fixed angles and tank controls for RE2 remake. Remake 1 feels so weird. Still looks pretty good though. I regret not picking up for the game cube back in the day.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4850 on: February 11, 2019, 03:20:35 PM »
Yea the RE1 remake was fun to play through again, I'm sure the RE2 is worth the full price, but I personally just try to not pay full price for single player games anymore mostly because I don't feel the need to play them on release, I can wait until hype fades and there's a sale.  Usually big time multiplayer games are harder because I want to play with people on release.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #4851 on: February 11, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »
For sure, I try to wait out for sales as well; I just didn't want peeps thinking this was just a remaster. I definitely couldn't wait, it looked way too good; happy to say it is!

I will say that as someone that played through the original RE2/3 and speedran them to death, I'm used to the fixed camera angles and can enjoy them in a certain nostalgic sense. They're used to fantastically in the original REmake that I can stand them. But then I think about it being in the style of RE2make and...my pants get tight. It'd be so awesome, all the puzzles and such would be so different and fighting things like the secret bosses would be amazing.

RIP DTP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4852 on: February 11, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
Yea, I didn't mind them in the RE1 remake, I guess it just felt like playing a way better version of the original, not really changing the feel or anything.  I'd imagine RE2 makes it feel different and a different experience all together.  That's definitely something cool.  And I essentially lost interested after RE2 so a similar RE3 would be cool for me to play through the first time.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4853 on: February 11, 2019, 09:10:33 PM »
Bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance the other day and played it all last night. Got about 7 hours in and had to restart due to a game breaking bug....

It’s still really fun though so far, what little I’ve done. It looks really great. Still sucks that I had to restart due to a gate not opening.
Been playing this for a few nights now. Really sucks you in. The swordplay component is very good and hard to master. It's challenging as all-fuck, but still entertaining and quite satisfying when you beat somebody twice as well armed and armored than you. In Skyrim you literally just beat people to death with a sword. Here you really have to wield it accurately. Button mashing will get you killed PDQ.

And carousing all night with the town priest was hysterical. That guy can party.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #4854 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:54 PM »
They might as well have called Resident Evil 2 "Anxiety: The Video Game". I can hear Mr. X's stomping killboots in my sleep.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #4855 on: February 12, 2019, 06:39:07 AM »
They might as well have called Resident Evil 2 "Anxiety: The Video Game". I can hear Mr. X's stomping killboots in my sleep.  :lol

So true...  :lol I've had a few "oh what the fuck?!?" moments from being scared/surprised by Mr. X on the other side of a door. Running through that police station is downright nerve wracking at times, especially when you get to the library puzzle.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4856 on: February 12, 2019, 06:51:57 AM »
The first time Mr. X came through a wall, I literally screamed out loud and almost threw the controller  :lol

And at this point, someone has modded in the DMX song into the PC version, which I think is hilarious.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #4857 on: February 12, 2019, 08:36:51 AM »
Yeah it's pretty horrible (in the best way possible). I've had to stop playing a few times, which I haven't done in a video game since Dead Space.

RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4858 on: February 13, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
Who's excited for Metro: Exodus? Only two days left, can't wait to get my hands on it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4859 on: February 13, 2019, 12:08:51 PM »
Yeah it's pretty horrible (in the best way possible). I've had to stop playing a few times, which I haven't done in a video game since Dead Space.
Last time a game did that for me was Alien: Isolation, I had to stop play for a few days because anxiety.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4860 on: February 13, 2019, 03:37:20 PM »
Who's excited for Metro: Exodus? Only two days left, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Looks pretty decent and it has gotten my attention. Not sure If I am gonna buy it yet. We'll see

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4861 on: February 13, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »

Looks pretty decent and it has gotten my attention. Not sure If I am gonna buy it yet. We'll see
Have you played previous games in the series?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4862 on: February 13, 2019, 03:52:28 PM »
no

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4863 on: February 13, 2019, 04:25:48 PM »
I’m excited to play FF IX on the switch
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4864 on: February 13, 2019, 06:37:42 PM »
Been waiting for it since they announced it and I can't believe they put it up immediately after the direct. Mine's downloaded and I'm about to relive the adventure in a few minutes.  :metal
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"