Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 483249 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4795 on: January 25, 2019, 03:31:11 PM »
Resident Evil 2 just came out today. I am both terrified and in love with this game.

That's makes at least 2 of us. :lol  I'm on my way to pick it up now.

I hope I am not too late, but this is one of the cases where the Deluxe edition is worth it, since it lets you use the original soundtrack. There's almost no soundtrack in the vanilla release, but adding it back in makes a much more satisfying experience imo.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4796 on: January 26, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »
Been playing a lot of games recently now that I'm on holidays, finished Night in the Woods some weeks ago, and now I'm dong with Kentucky Route Zero and Hotline Miami 2. All excellent games  :metal

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4797 on: January 27, 2019, 04:52:14 AM »
Does that remake of RE2 have fixed camera angles like the original?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4798 on: January 27, 2019, 06:18:44 AM »
Does that remake of RE2 have fixed camera angles like the original?

No, its behind the back 3rd person like RE4 or Gears of war. Feels very modern in how it controls.

Like this:

https://gfycat.com/cookedelectriccirriped

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:24:40 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4799 on: January 28, 2019, 10:13:12 AM »
I'm lovin' RE2.  They really did a great job on this game.  :hefdaddy :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4800 on: January 29, 2019, 10:10:44 AM »

That's awesome. I am glad you are enjoying it.

I just got to the parking garage and its going great. I love playing it at night with headphones  :o  Oh man, its creepy, but awesome

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4801 on: January 29, 2019, 10:14:16 AM »
I enjoyed playing through the RE1 remake, I'll have to get RE2 and play trhough as well but I'll just wait until it's much cheaper since I am in no rush to play it.  Nice to see everyone is really enjoying it though.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4802 on: January 29, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »

That's awesome. I am glad you are enjoying it.

I just got to the parking garage and its going great. I love playing it at night with headphones  :o  Oh man, its creepy, but awesome

I'll have to give my headphones a whirl.   :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4803 on: January 31, 2019, 01:13:01 PM »
I finally got around to getting God of War for the PS4.

Man, oh man. What a game. Bravo to the team that made this gem. I enjoyed the original god of war, it was cool, but this new one goes to a whole new level.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4804 on: February 01, 2019, 09:36:51 PM »
Anyone playing the Anthem beta this weekend? I'm playing it now and it's ok. It's gorgeous but it feels like Destiny with a jet pack.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4805 on: February 02, 2019, 06:58:13 AM »
I might check it out. I've watched some footage of people playing and it didn't seem all that appealing to me. And if its anything like Destiny, then its really not for me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4806 on: February 02, 2019, 09:10:38 AM »
My friend sent this last night and I'll be interested if it's true

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/01/titanfall-battle-royale-free-to-play-game-release/

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4807 on: February 02, 2019, 11:37:35 AM »
I mean I love Titanfall 2 but BR is not something i've been longing for to put it mildly. They already have the Last Titan Standing mode but meh if it's free and fun, why not?!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4808 on: February 02, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/02/02/ea-reportedly-releasing-titan-free-titanfall-battle-royale-game-apex-legends-on-monday/#43c751bf525a

The game is reportedly called Apex Legends, and though it’s set in the Titanfall universe, may not actually be using Titans at all. Instead, the game is a class-based battle royale title with squads of three. Presumably even if it doesn’t have Titans, it will still employ Respawns trademark high-flying, wall-running pilot gameplay, which has been a staple of the series and an aspect of it everyone loves.
Apparently it won't even feature Titans which for me makes it even more uninteresting. For me it would have been pretty cool if you could spawn Titans later in the round, that would have switched the scenario completely but of course instead they make a clone similar ot every BR game out there.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4809 on: February 02, 2019, 12:51:01 PM »

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/01/titanfall-battle-royale-free-to-play-game-release/

I love Titanfall. I'm not sure if a BR mode will work out but whatever keeps the Titanfall IP alive I'm down. I hope they make a third one.

As for Anthem, it's a big pile of meh for me. I think I'll try it when it gets released because I got it for free with my gpu but I'm not really that blown away.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4810 on: February 02, 2019, 12:52:25 PM »
Anthem doesn't look like my thing, and I'm glad this new BR isn't called Titanfall since it seems nothing like it, but for free and using the TF gameplay, I think it could be fun. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4811 on: February 02, 2019, 12:53:07 PM »

I hope they make a third one.
It's confirmed to be in development but probably no release until 2020.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4812 on: February 02, 2019, 01:01:49 PM »
So I bought Frostpunk this weekend, haven't played a city-building game in ages and Frostpunk looked really cool. It's fun but pretty hard especially in the beginning.

Anyone played it?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4813 on: February 02, 2019, 01:06:31 PM »
Yes! I love the game, I think I have around 40 hours in it. It has a lot more character than a standard city builder. Prepare to lose your first city :lol.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4814 on: February 02, 2019, 01:41:36 PM »
Yes! I love the game, I think I have around 40 hours in it. It has a lot more character than a standard city builder. Prepare to lose your first city :lol.
Yea I did that, about 5-6 times before I started to get the hang.  :lol I actually started playing Endless mode Serenity to get the hang of building and so on, it's actually really helpful.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #4815 on: February 02, 2019, 03:33:45 PM »
I finally got around to getting God of War for the PS4.

Man, oh man. What a game. Bravo to the team that made this gem. I enjoyed the original god of war, it was cool, but this new one goes to a whole new level.

Easily my favorite game of 2018. They wholly reinvigorated the IP, the characterization of Kratos is just fantastic? And the art direction is outstanding. Definitely my GOTY, and one of my favorites of all-time.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4816 on: February 02, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »

I love Titanfall. I'm not sure if a BR mode will work out but whatever keeps the Titanfall IP alive I'm down. I hope they make a third one.

As for Anthem, it's a big pile of meh for me. I think I'll try it when it gets released because I got it for free with my gpu but I'm not really that blown away.

War

Frame

:biggrin:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4817 on: February 02, 2019, 09:37:18 PM »
Happy Room. Seriously guys, check it out. $5 on Steam.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4818 on: February 03, 2019, 06:41:14 AM »
Looking up now . .

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4819 on: February 03, 2019, 05:38:17 PM »
I've had that on my steam wishlist for ages now, but I just can't bring myself to spend even that much on what's basically a free flash game like I was playing 15 years ago. Once it's cheap enough I will, because it does look fun though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4820 on: February 03, 2019, 05:53:27 PM »
Taking my time with Remake2. Such an amazing game and the absolute definition of what a remake of any game should be. Fantastic balance of nostalgia, fresh outlook and all around fun insanity. I just met Mr. Big and am now playing the game in bursts so I don't have a heart attack at 30. I haven't been this freaked out since the original Dead Space. And that says a lot because that was the first game I legitimately, truly had to put down because my heart rate (high blood pressure, thanks dad) was so high it was making me dizzy. Fucking hell.  :metal :corn

"Hey, you hear about that game that killed a guy? It's good".  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4821 on: February 03, 2019, 06:06:31 PM »
Taking my time with Remake2. Such an amazing game and the absolute definition of what a remake of any game should be. Fantastic balance of nostalgia, fresh outlook and all around fun insanity. I just met Mr. Big and am now playing the game in bursts so I don't have a heart attack at 30. I haven't been this freaked out since the original Dead Space. And that says a lot because that was the first game I legitimately, truly had to put down because my heart rate (high blood pressure, thanks dad) was so high it was making me dizzy. Fucking hell.  :metal :corn

"Hey, you hear about that game that killed a guy? It's good".  :lol

Totally agree with all that. This game truly does an incredible job of creating real dread, tension and terror. From the first time walking down those dark, smokey hallways, to when Mr. X starts chasing your ass, this game has made me really get into it. I'm so utterly impressed.

Have you seen the X gon give it to you meme yet? It made me laugh my ass off and I hope someone mods it into the game  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WutlOjp2JsI

Bottom line. I LOVE this game  :heart

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4822 on: February 04, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »
Apex Legends released today, damn that was quick lol. Looks pretty cool but honestly it reminds me so much of Titanfall and it just feels so empty without Titans, there's not even wallrunning or double jump. I might give it a shot though.

Apex Legends Gameplay + First Impressions Titanfall Battle Royale

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4823 on: February 04, 2019, 03:03:07 PM »
Looks pretty solid for a free game, i'll definitely check it out when I get back from Denver

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4824 on: February 05, 2019, 10:53:08 AM »
Gonna try it out tonight. I’m bummed they confirmed they aren’t working on titanfall 3

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4825 on: February 05, 2019, 11:35:42 AM »
Gonna try it out tonight. I’m bummed they confirmed they aren’t working on titanfall 3
Yea it's a bummer and I could swear I heard something about confirmation somewhere. It could also just mean they don't wanna get the hope up too much in order to devote focus on Apex. The fact they've been working on this for 2 years without a single leak or rumour is pretty impressive.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4826 on: February 05, 2019, 12:13:59 PM »
I dont understand how Apex could take the place of a Titanfall 3.  Seems like they could still make Titanfall 3 with a single player and add this similar BR mode to it for multiplayer.  I guess that's just wishful thinking, Titanfall 2 was a really solid game and a free to play BR mode isn't a replacement for that franchise. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4827 on: February 06, 2019, 12:39:03 PM »
I heard this quote from EA about BFV and it sadly goes inline with the trend of skipping SP in favor of MP. I fear that might be one reason why Apex with BR happend instead of TF3.

In addition, we also made the decision to prioritize other features, including a single-player experience, at launch over a battle royale mode. This year, battle royale modes became incredibly popular in shooter games. As a result of these decisions, we struggled to gain momentum and we did not met our sales expectations for the quarter."

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4828 on: February 07, 2019, 03:41:58 AM »
Not to derail this topic but of course a new statement was made by the CEO of respawn, whatever that is I guess it's interesting:

Tons of things planned for @PlayApex in the future. We are also committed to listening to player feedback.

We are also working on more Titanfall for later in the year (yes, I said the T word). We love being able to experiment in this crazy universe!

More quote from EA:

The Respawn team has a strong plan for Apex Legends that will engage fans for a long time to come, he said. As the live service evolves, Respawn also plans to launch a premium game this year that is a new twist on the Titanfall universe. More to come on that in the months ahead.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4829 on: February 07, 2019, 05:04:41 AM »
I've been playing apex non-stop the game is a blast. I'd be super happy if something happens with Titans