Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481662 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4725 on: December 21, 2018, 09:17:17 AM »
:lol the beauty of these games.  In my win video I made and posted earlier, it was a final 5 and I did exactly what my friend did with the cluster grenade (threw it right into the tree in front of me).  It left me with 5 health  :lol luckily I recovered from that epic screw up

and another game where you just can never know what's going to happen  :rollin I'll take any win I can get https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1076147726423855105

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #4726 on: December 25, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »
I finished the ridiculous Yakuza 0 and now I don't know what to do with my life. Perhaps I'll go back in and try to finish all the sub stories, real estate, & cabaret club stuff.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4727 on: December 26, 2018, 06:03:44 AM »
I bought Spider-Man on Sunday morning. We started messing around with it Monday night and yesterday. Great fun, but man, there's a lot to do and a crap ton of gadgets to mess with. It may take me forever to be deliberate with the combat. I'm still panicking into random button spamming for now.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4728 on: December 26, 2018, 07:15:57 AM »
So, I was 8 pages behind (ie, September) on this thread, and just noticed BVD's battle royale video - just shy of 11M views at the moment.  That's awesome Blob!

jingle.son and I just got back from EB Games - he got Red Dead Redemption; I got Vampyr.  PS Store has some good deals as well - I'm gonna get Doom (finally!) for the nostalgia factor (it's only $20); God of War - I was never really in to the franchise, but I've heard too much good stuff about this years version (and it's only $35); and Prey - need a good FPS fix, and I'm not an MMO guy... I suck too much and need a good single-player game.  Prey looks like Crysis meets Bioshock, of which I adore the former but never played the latter.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4729 on: December 28, 2018, 05:52:31 AM »
Has anyone played Verdun? It's a WW1 game like BF1 but with a more serious tone, more hardcore and unforgiving. It's a great game and I so prefer the gameplay in that compared to BF1.

Seeing this:

https://youtu.be/z8sm2Dw6uMk

makes me wish for a WW1 with gameplay from Verdun but with BF1 graphics and visuals to get you more immersed into the game.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4730 on: January 02, 2019, 03:15:49 PM »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4731 on: January 02, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
There may be a new console joining the console wars

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-new-game-console-is-on-the-way-to-compete-with-x/1100-6464117/

Hopefully it makes a big splash. I'm sure as shit ready for a shake up. Just Microsoft, nintendo and sony for almost 20 years. Let's see something new.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4732 on: January 02, 2019, 03:54:25 PM »

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-new-game-console-is-on-the-way-to-compete-with-x/1100-6464117/

Hopefully it makes a big splash. I'm sure as shit ready for a shake up. Just Microsoft, nintendo and sony for almost 20 years. Let's see something new.

Would be nice to break the standard, but I'm not sure how they can do it really.  Going to be difficult for sure.  My idea would be to time the release so you have the best performing console out before PS/Xbox can release another console to match it. 

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #4733 on: January 02, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
Oh my goodness! Wal-Mart has a Pac-Man machine, YES, a Pac-Man machine!  It's the arcade version with the original artwork on the side. It's about half the size but the same game and playing dynamics from the early eighties game. Anyone else tried this??  I'm going nutz, it's a must have for my man cave hangout/music room. I'm too broke right now because of bills...pulling my hair out!  :omg:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #4734 on: January 02, 2019, 04:29:30 PM »

Would be nice to break the standard, but I'm not sure how they can do it really.  Going to be difficult for sure.  My idea would be to time the release so you have the best performing console out before PS/Xbox can release another console to match it.

If it doesn't significantly perform better or has a lot of great exclusive games then it won't appeal to me.

Are they really going to call it "The Mad Box"? Did they flip a coin between that and "The Mad Station"?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4735 on: January 02, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
That article said it won't go after exclusive gaming rights.  I kind of like that model personally, but I just don't see why anyone would buy it unless it was a better performer or cheaper, but I don't know how you can start a new console and make it cheaper without taking sever loses for many years to build the player base.  But what do I know.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #4736 on: January 02, 2019, 06:25:19 PM »
That article said it won't go after exclusive gaming rights.  I kind of like that model personally, but I just don't see why anyone would buy it unless it was a better performer or cheaper, but I don't know how you can start a new console and make it cheaper without taking sever loses for many years to build the player base.  But what do I know.

Oh yeah cheaper too! I meant to include that in my post.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4737 on: January 03, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »
Oh my goodness! Wal-Mart has a Pac-Man machine, YES, a Pac-Man machine!  It's the arcade version with the original artwork on the side. It's about half the size but the same game and playing dynamics from the early eighties game. Anyone else tried this??  I'm going nutz, it's a must have for my man cave hangout/music room. I'm too broke right now because of bills...pulling my hair out!  :omg:

There is a line of about 6 of those. I can't get to the link at work, but check out "Boogie2988" on Youtube and look at his recent videos. He recently received one of each for his house and he did a review on them.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #4738 on: January 03, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »

There is a line of about 6 of those. I can't get to the link at work, but check out "Boogie2988" on Youtube and look at his recent videos. He recently received one of each for his house and he did a review on them.
Thanks for the heads up!  Yeah I also noticed at Wal-Mart they had Centipede, Galaga, Asteroids, Tempest, Joust etc.  I would love to have all, but Pac-Man is my first choice, probably the most iconic classic video game of all time!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4739 on: January 03, 2019, 06:15:20 PM »
I've seen reviews of those Wal-Mart arcade games. It looks like the cabinets are rather cheap, but the games themselves work well enough.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4740 on: January 04, 2019, 07:15:44 AM »
Anyone 100% Red Dead 2 yet? I'm 55.5% in and I think I'm around half way through the story. There is just a ridiculous amount of things to do in this game.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4741 on: January 04, 2019, 07:37:52 AM »
Anyone 100% Red Dead 2 yet? I'm 55.5% in and I think I'm around half way through the story. There is just a ridiculous amount of things to do in this game.

I got up to 62% or 64% before I switched to online.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4742 on: January 04, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »
How is the online?

I just picked up a PS4 to play Spider Man but I fully intend to 100% RDR2 first.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4743 on: January 04, 2019, 07:51:07 AM »
How is the online?

I just picked up a PS4 to play Spider Man but I fully intend to 100% RDR2 first.

It's okay. Activities are limited since it's still only a month into a beta. It really all depends on what lobby you get dropped into. My friends and I have fun just roaming around and playing death matches.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4744 on: January 04, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »

I think this box will be DOA. I’m not wishing that it fails but it’s so hard to break into the console market. Valve had the resources with the steam box and while it wasn’t going to be a true console they still had a ton of money to throw at it and it never took off.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4745 on: January 04, 2019, 09:49:35 AM »

I think this box will be DOA. I’m not wishing that it fails but it’s so hard to break into the console market. Valve had the resources with the steam box and while it wasn’t going to be a true console they still had a ton of money to throw at it and it never took off.

Without exclusives, I see no reason to consider a new console. Unless the controller is somehow the greatest controller ever made (I think the PS4 controller wins that award), what can it offer that a PS4 or an Xbox can't?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4746 on: January 04, 2019, 10:02:19 AM »
Also with PC gaming so popular too, there's kind of no reason to make another console to compete with PS and Xbox.  I feel like it won't be successful either unless it truly is a better product at a better price.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4747 on: January 05, 2019, 06:09:52 AM »
As someone that's only plays on PC these days I couldn't care less about a new console, especially when they promise something so shallow as high FPS even worse on VR, like the specs are finite on a console.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4748 on: January 05, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »
Anybody play Lumines?

It was $9.74 on the Switch eshop so I picked it up. I played this religiously in high school and once again I've become addicted, definitely one of my all-time favorite puzzle games. It's just so damn good.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #4749 on: January 07, 2019, 02:20:23 AM »
Anybody play Lumines?

It was $9.74 on the Switch eshop so I picked it up. I played this religiously in high school and once again I've become addicted, definitely one of my all-time favorite puzzle games. It's just so damn good.

I don't at the moment but it was the first game I got on my PSP when that came out and I absolutely loved it. I should really get the Switch version as well, such a good game.

For what its worth, I would recommend Tetris Effect on PS4. it's by the same guy and it's very very good.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4750 on: January 08, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »
So Alien: Isolation is finally getting a sequel we get a new Alien game called Alien: Blackout.........on mobile devices  :facepalm:  :angry:

Edit: Ok, it turned turned out to be a little less bad.  :lol
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:40:38 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4751 on: January 08, 2019, 11:01:04 AM »
Well how about that:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64379/new-alien-game-mmo-shooter-consoles-pc/index.html

"This year, fans of the critically-acclaimed Alien: Isolation video game are invited to embark on new adventures with Ellen Ripley's daughter, Amanda, by watching, playing, and reading her story as she renews her fight against the aliens after the events of Isolation.   "20th Century Fox will partner with a wide range of storytellers and innovators to bring this epic chapter in the Alien Universe to life, with even more entries in Amanda Ripley's story soon to be announced.   "FoxNext Games' studio, Cold Iron Studios, is also currently at work on a massively multiplayer online shooter set in the Alien cinematic universe for consoles and PC."

Now i'm excited.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4752 on: January 08, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »
Can't wait until Thursday, my new 2080 FTW3 comes in :)

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4753 on: January 09, 2019, 11:24:43 AM »
One of my all-time favourite sci-fi horror game is Dead Space, here's a cool behind the scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4754 on: January 09, 2019, 12:22:38 PM »

awww shit  :metal :metal

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4755 on: January 09, 2019, 05:00:01 PM »
Mr boom that dead space is awesome. I’m a baby when it comes to horro games so I own dead space but I’ve barely played any of it.

awww shit  :metal :metal

Yea I’m excited. My brother got one and I can’t get over the size of the card, it’s a brick with three fans on it.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4756 on: January 09, 2019, 05:01:13 PM »

You sonofa bitch.  :lol Enjoy it, let us know how Ray-Tracing is! I know it's still in the early days and is only getting better and better (even already with the patches for Battlefield) but it was still sooooo disappointing to see the FPS murder that RTX induces.

But I'm definitely getting one as soon as I can after I upgrade my monitors.

In other news, WE FINALLY FUCKING GET NVIDIA'S GSYNC IN NORMAL MONITORS!!!! THIS IS YUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! I am losing my shit, this changes everything, truly. No more thousand-plus dollar monitors just to get some fucking smoothing. Here's Linus' explanation of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOsJzV8yzic&t=410s

So the patch apparently comes on the 15th, and if you have an adaptive rate monitor then you now have G Sync. Amazing. Truly amazing. Never ever would I have thought that this would happen because of...y'know, money and greed.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4757 on: January 09, 2019, 05:06:22 PM »
Question for you PC buffs... I was thinking about throwing in a new GPU this year. I was going to buy a GTX 1080 - a good card, not top of the line, nothing ridiculously expensive - but if there's anything similar in that ballpark that is better for a slightly higher price I want to know about it. Been out of the PC game for a couple years since the Switch took over my life but I'd like to get a new card in because there are a couple PC games from last year I really want to play later this year.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4758 on: January 09, 2019, 08:20:13 PM »
How much are paying for the 1080? The reason I ask is because 1080 prices are all over the place.

In terms in comparable cards I would check out the Radeon Vega 64, it's nothing to laugh at and it has pretty consistent pricing. Also the new 2060 is going to be announced soon so you can wait to see how that benchmarks out.

Tio I'm pretty pumped for the freesync patch. I have a freesync monitor now and I was bummed about not running freesync when the 2080 comes in but now I'll be able to.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4759 on: January 10, 2019, 07:34:09 AM »
a 1080 is still much better than just "a good card"  sure there's the next gen out now and more of the next gen coming out, but that's still a fantastic card.  I don't plan on upgrading from my gtx 1080 until at least the next gen after this one.