Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481848 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4515 on: October 01, 2018, 11:45:43 AM »
Just finished making this. Fortnite Battle Royale for Playstation 1. :tup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWjRHcgktI

Love how I am leaching off your video  :lol My comment with poor grammar has 10k likes on your video and I am pretty sure got me a subscriber or two

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4516 on: October 01, 2018, 04:32:50 PM »
Anyone familiar with the Yakuza series? There's so many of them I don't know where to start, so any recommendations would be appreciated, preferably current consoles.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4517 on: October 01, 2018, 11:54:54 PM »

Love how I am leaching off your video  :lol My comment with poor grammar has 10k likes on your video and I am pretty sure got me a subscriber or two

Yeah, I keep seeing it at the top of the comments whenever I check. Glad it's helped you out. It's gotten me a subscriber or two as well. :neverusethis:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #4518 on: October 02, 2018, 03:08:43 AM »
Anyone familiar with the Yakuza series? There's so many of them I don't know where to start, so any recommendations would be appreciated, preferably current consoles.

To be honest, of the ones on the current gen consoles (Zero/Kiwami/Kiwami 2/6) You can't really go wrong with either of them. I'd probably say start with Zero just so you can start chronologically and then get Kiwami then Kiwami 2 :)

I actually really need to go back and finish off Zero myself.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4519 on: October 02, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »

Yeah, I keep seeing it at the top of the comments whenever I check. Glad it's helped you out. It's gotten me a subscriber or two as well. :neverusethis:

Or 10k lol fucking killing it.

Been going at Tomb Raider hard the past few days, really loving it as I did the others.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4520 on: October 02, 2018, 09:08:31 AM »
Mega Man 11 is out today. I brought my Switch to work so I can pick it up and play during lunch and right after work. So excited! First new game in 8 years, and only the 3rd since 1996.

Also, picked up Dead Cells a few days ago and have been playing a ton of that. Anyone that enjoys a tough Metroidvania-type experience should play this.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4521 on: October 02, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »
The Mega Man 11 demo kicks my ass. I've never been good at Mega Man, but it's fun and I'd like to get it at some point.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4522 on: October 02, 2018, 09:23:39 AM »
yeah, the demo was definitely difficult. Only tried the level for two game overs, and then stopped. Didn't make it to the boss either time. I figured if I was playing the full game I would have switched levels at that point, so I decided I was done until the full game came out. I have previously beaten 1-10, and all 8 X games, so I have no doubt I'll be able to beat this one, too. But they are usually pretty difficult the first time through.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4523 on: October 02, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »
From what I've played so far, MM 11 seems pretty solid. I've got other things I'm playing through at the moment, but I'll probably pick it up later down the line.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4524 on: October 03, 2018, 06:15:04 AM »
From what I've played so far, MM 11 seems pretty solid. I've got other things I'm playing through at the moment, but I'll probably pick it up later down the line.

Yeah I played about half the stages last night. Got through 3 of them. Definitely some fun levels. I really liked Bounce Man's stage. Gameplay is as tight as I could hope for with a MM game. So far, I love what I'm seeing.
WELP.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4525 on: October 03, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »
I was listening to the Giant Bombcast last night and they were talking about RDR2. Everything I hear about this game makes it sound amazing. I can’t wait to play it.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #4526 on: October 03, 2018, 08:15:48 PM »
Anyone else here into the Forza Horizon series? I just picked up Horizon 4 and am having a blast with it. I loved Horizon 3, but 4 seems to take everything good about it and make it better. I think I like the UK map better than the Australia map too.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4527 on: October 04, 2018, 04:27:50 PM »
Oh my god, I am loving Dark souls. I haven't been addicted to a game like this in years.

Besides that I picked up Final Fantasy 12 the zodiac age for PS4. Only ever got a few hours in to the original so I am glad to give it a 2nd chance.  So far so good. Looks really good as well.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4528 on: October 04, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »
Anyone else here into the Forza Horizon series? I just picked up Horizon 4 and am having a blast with it. I loved Horizon 3, but 4 seems to take everything good about it and make it better. I think I like the UK map better than the Australia map too.

I've never played the Horizon series of Forza games but I think I'm going to pick up Horizon 4 this weekend. If I remember correctly it's on game pass so I can try it out there first.

Oh my god, I am loving Dark souls. I haven't been addicted to a game like this in years.

I like it but I have to play it in spurts. I am turbo trash at Dark Souls

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #4529 on: October 05, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »

I've never played the Horizon series of Forza games but I think I'm going to pick up Horizon 4 this weekend. If I remember correctly it's on game pass so I can try it out there first.

It is on game pass.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #4530 on: October 09, 2018, 07:55:37 AM »

Woah! Epic stuff! Almost eight million views! :eek
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4531 on: October 10, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
I can't believe I am saying this, but... I pre-ordered Call of Duty.  Looking forward to Friday night playing Blackout mode with my friends.  I haven't gone back to PUBG since playing the blackout beta.  It's clearly the best BR game out there to me and I hope to make some videos of it soon.  For now, I am going to my backlog of footage from PUBG to make my final PUBG videos (I think I have one win video and one trolling video left, well maybe can make another 3 of these but just won't). 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4532 on: October 10, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
I'm itching to play too but I have so many other games I'm getting through.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4533 on: October 11, 2018, 12:08:21 PM »
I was listening to the Giant Bombcast last night and they were talking about RDR2. Everything I hear about this game makes it sound amazing. I can’t wait to play it.

Two more weeks! That game is going to destroy my life.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4534 on: October 15, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »
Had a blast playing Blackout mode in COD this weekend.  Must say, I am absolutely terrible though.  My k/d ratio is 0.4 in that mode  :lol probably shouldn't admit that.  In TDM, it's significantly better (don't have the stat off my head since I only played a handful of those rounds and didn't look, I just know it's much better).

Part of it is just adjusting to COD which I haven't really been playing much at all over the last bunch of years, so re-adjusting to the gun play mechanics and things like sliding, grappling, using the perks, and whatnot are things I am still learning to adjust to make use of all the tools available.

But I think what's really getting me is that COD is a much quicker gameplay for gun fights.  The action is quick and it takes a lot of shots to down someone, but then it's mixed with the calmer downtime of a BR game.  It's not like PUBG, slow.  I need to just stick wtih this and adjust to start getting better and I could tell last night, consistently getting into top 5 quads games, that I am starting to get the adjustment down.  I just hope I get better quicker because I think this is so much fun, but consistently getting my ass handed to me is not that fun (and you don't get any points if you don't get any kills, so you can play a couple games for an hour and actually not move one iota towards unlocking anything).  I am up to level 5, which is not high at all, but I am getting better with more game play.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4535 on: October 15, 2018, 11:07:21 PM »
Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time, top 3 easy. But I think I'm gonna wait cause I'm trying to beat the habit of starting games and not finish them, I need to finish Shadow of War and Frozen Wilds before I start a new game, also to have room on the PS4 for the RDR2 installation.
There're two other games that I started and didn't finish, Uncharted 3 & Last of Us but I don't think I'll even try to get back into those, I didn't enjoy the controls but pressed on playing them just cause they're campaign-oriented third-person games and there are fewer of those coming out than before.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4536 on: October 16, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
RDR2 is the first game I've ever purchased a non-standard edition of.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4537 on: October 17, 2018, 06:43:58 PM »
I got into the Project Stream beta this morning which is googles attempt in streaming assassins creed odyssey via Chrome browser. I opened up my old laptop which can barely play solitaire and gave it a shot and it's truly incredible the fact that this game is being streamed. There is only a tiny bit of input lag so FPS is out but otherwise I'm amazed Google and Ubisoft can pull it of.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4538 on: October 17, 2018, 11:25:02 PM »
First VOIP now FOIP: https://youtu.be/8HSYYcXBMlQ
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4539 on: October 18, 2018, 05:11:17 AM »
I saw that and it's damn cool. Seems like Star Citizen had a pretty large update recently.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4540 on: October 18, 2018, 12:33:55 PM »
Yea it's cool stuff, depending on how good the tech becomes I think this can be a major feature in many games. Eye tracking in games (tobiii) already exists but to real-time animate your avatars face and head movement in games is groundbreaking.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4541 on: October 18, 2018, 12:54:39 PM »
I picked up BloodBourne. Its pretty decent.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4542 on: October 18, 2018, 05:55:13 PM »
Did DS3 lead to the BloodBourne purchase?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4543 on: October 18, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »
Did DS3 lead to the BloodBourne purchase?

Pretty much. I've actually been playing Dark souls remastered the most and only did the tutorial level of DS3 at this point. I'm like 60 hours in to Dark souls one and figured Bloodbourne would offer some new flavor, since I'm kind of ready for something a little different.

Of course, Red dead comes out next week and I'll probably totally forget about all those souls games  :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4544 on: October 22, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »
After playing through Legend of Zelda randomized (a couple times) and Link to the Past randomized, I am now attempting Adventure of Link randomized. Holy hell has it been hard so far.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4545 on: October 22, 2018, 05:54:47 PM »
After playing through Legend of Zelda randomized (a couple times) and Link to the Past randomized, I am now attempting Adventure of Link randomized. Holy hell has it been hard so far.

You really are a glutton for punishment huh?  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4546 on: October 22, 2018, 07:45:39 PM »
I'm really not though. With two young kids and being the primary parental unit at home, my gaming time is limited, so I specifically avoid difficult and/or long games, and if there is an option to choose difficulty setting, I never go higher than what I perceive to be the mid-range choice. Dark Souls has been on my mental list for a long time but I keep reading how challenging those games can be.

The LoZ and ALttP Randomizers were not terribly difficult, but I know those games inside and out. I haven't played Zelda II in probably 15 years. So playing through the game normally would probably be a challenge for me.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4547 on: October 22, 2018, 08:10:08 PM »
I'm really not though. With two young kids and being the primary parental unit at home, my gaming time is limited, so I specifically avoid difficult and/or long games, and if there is an option to choose difficulty setting, I never go higher than what I perceive to be the mid-range choice. Dark Souls has been on my mental list for a long time but I keep reading how challenging those games can be.

The LoZ and ALttP Randomizers were not terribly difficult, but I know those games inside and out. I haven't played Zelda II in probably 15 years. So playing through the game normally would probably be a challenge for me.

One quick thing about Dark Souls. I avoided it for years since I kept hearing how hard is was. All that in my opinion is exaggerated. Its honestly as hard as the original Zelda. You are dropped in a world you know nothing about. Survive and figure it out. That's how dark souls is. And you can pick it up and put it down as much as you want, so its definitely worth giving a shot. Its the best game I've played in the past 10 years for sure.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4548 on: October 22, 2018, 08:59:35 PM »
Thank you for the insight. LoZ was tough (at least in 1986) because of the reasons you stated: Survive and figure it out. I had read Dark Souls was tough not because you didn't know what to do or where to go, but because you frequently got you ass fed to you by difficult enemies. Is that not accurate?

Nothing else is in my queue right now, since I gave up on The Witcher after about 3 minutes.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #4549 on: October 23, 2018, 02:26:11 AM »
Thank you for the insight. LoZ was tough (at least in 1986) because of the reasons you stated: Survive and figure it out. I had read Dark Souls was tough not because you didn't know what to do or where to go, but because you frequently got you ass fed to you by difficult enemies. Is that not accurate?
That is true to some extent but I would say most bosses are like puzzles - once you figure it out, it's much easier.
However, be warned that there are certain sections, like the bridge in Anor Londo (fans know what I'm talking about  :lol ) that's just brutal.

Also worth noting - if a boss do indeed feels too hard, it's always an option to summon help. Either an NPC or another player.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.