Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 482342 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4445 on: September 05, 2018, 10:25:01 PM »
Got the switch over the weekend! at first i wasnt sure if i would like the console. the hardware outside of the actual tablet seemed cheap and flimsy compared to my ps4. once i got it plugged in thought i didnt even care. I have zelda and mario. I put in mario first for the kids and i havent even thought about zelda yet. its that good.

All it needs is the handheld attachment to have a charge port. Other than that, its great. Haven't gotten to use the portability though.

Agreed. You can get a charging dock for relatively cheap if you're so inclined however: https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Charging-Dock/dp/B01MR6JD1M
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4446 on: September 07, 2018, 12:36:31 PM »
Mega man 11 demo is available. I checked it out on switch. Different, but not bad

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4447 on: September 09, 2018, 10:59:42 PM »
Just finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Fun game, as expected. Great series.

Next will be The Witcher, unless I take a detour through a Zelda randomizer. Already played through the original and ALttP randomized once. I know there is a Zelda II Adventure of Line one but I don't think I like that game enough to take a stab at that.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4448 on: September 10, 2018, 04:59:36 AM »
Is this going to be your first Witcher playthrough?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4449 on: September 10, 2018, 01:28:48 PM »
Yes sir. Bought on a whim on Steam during a huge sale.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4450 on: September 10, 2018, 02:29:21 PM »
Some streamers were/are playing the new battle royale mode in the new COD and I must say it looks awesome.  Essentially it looks exactly like PUBG except it actually looks good graphically and since it has the COD gameplay, it'll likely be a much better shooter version of PUBG (PUBG gameplay is fairly garbage compared to top FPS games) and you can use a helicopter in a BR mode?!  I think I just went from not caring about this game to be excited for it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4451 on: September 11, 2018, 08:43:41 AM »
AHHHH!!!

The Last Remnant is being remastered for PS4. No wonder it was pulled from the stores. I so hope it gets ported to the PC 'cause I'll buy it all over again. Don't care how many haters that game has, the battle and union mechanics are AWESOME and I want to play this all over again now.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4452 on: September 11, 2018, 10:20:59 PM »
Damn this gameplay for the Witcher is not intuitive at all to me. I need a tutorial mode and a Navi/Fi-type assistant.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4453 on: September 12, 2018, 06:09:38 AM »
Damn this gameplay for the Witcher is not intuitive at all to me. I need a tutorial mode and a Navi/Fi-type assistant.

The first game? I bought 1 and 2 just a few days ago on sale. Played the first one for less than five minutes before giving up because the gameplay was so fucking cringeworthy. This guy is slashing at me at a snail's pace and I'm left clicking to fight, but my guy is just flailing his arms above his head like an idiot and occasionally blocking. It was the most laughably painful thing I've seen.
Still downloading the second one. Let's hope it's a shitload better.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #4454 on: September 12, 2018, 06:29:42 AM »

The first game? I bought 1 and 2 just a few days ago on sale. Played the first one for less than five minutes before giving up because the gameplay was so fucking cringeworthy. This guy is slashing at me at a snail's pace and I'm left clicking to fight, but my guy is just flailing his arms above his head like an idiot and occasionally blocking. It was the most laughably painful thing I've seen.

2 is a quantum leap over the first game. 3 is even bigger quantum leap over the second game.

I'm a fan of the series, and I have zero interest to play the first game..

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4455 on: September 12, 2018, 06:53:13 AM »

2 is a quantum leap over the first game. 3 is even bigger quantum leap over the second game.

I'm a fan of the series, and I have zero interest to play the first game..

Glad to hear it. I took a chance on the first two because they were cheap enough, so I don't mind wasting the $1.50 on the first game if the second is good. Then if I enjoy that, I'd consider spending the bit more for the third.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4456 on: September 12, 2018, 06:58:52 AM »
3 is the only that I bothered with. Its pretty incredible imo, and I got it for like 20 bucks used. I looked at reviews and gameplay footage of the first two and they didn't seem like something I would be interested in, but 3 is probably is my favorite game of this console generation.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4457 on: September 12, 2018, 07:15:28 AM »
Some streamers were/are playing the new battle royale mode in the new COD and I must say it looks awesome.  Essentially it looks exactly like PUBG except it actually looks good graphically and since it has the COD gameplay, it'll likely be a much better shooter version of PUBG (PUBG gameplay is fairly garbage compared to top FPS games) and you can use a helicopter in a BR mode?!  I think I just went from not caring about this game to be excited for it.

I heard the there is A free beta test this weekend, I’ll have to give it a shot.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4458 on: September 12, 2018, 08:25:23 AM »

I heard the there is A free beta test this weekend, I’ll have to give it a shot.

Yea, I get back home Saturday night and looking forward to trying it out with my PUBG friends.  It looks really well done.  I really didn't expect that from COD.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4459 on: September 13, 2018, 08:40:07 AM »
Really loving the Sniper Elite series right now.  Great games.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4460 on: September 13, 2018, 08:57:43 AM »
Apparently this new spider man game is pretty sweet. I'll wait for it to come down in price a little and then I'll probably pick it up.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4461 on: September 13, 2018, 08:58:58 AM »
Apparently this new spider man game is pretty sweet. I'll wait for it to come down in price a little and then I'll probably pick it up.

Yeah, Mrs. P wanted me to pick it up so she could give it a whirl but when I told her it was $60.00 she said she can wait...  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4462 on: September 13, 2018, 09:11:12 AM »
That game does look awesome, wish it were on PC

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4463 on: September 13, 2018, 09:48:38 PM »
^ I say that about SO many games these days. Mostly on the PS4. I've been so close to getting a PS4 so many times, I think this Christmas may be the time to get one.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4464 on: September 14, 2018, 01:58:03 AM »
RDR 2 comes to mind, godammit Rockstar!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4465 on: September 15, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »
Just played my first few matches of COD's Blackout. It's a lot of fun and already feels way better than PUBG to play.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4466 on: September 15, 2018, 12:09:19 PM »
Just played my first few matches of COD's Blackout. It's a lot of fun and already feels way better than PUBG to play.

That's what it looks like. I am firing this up as soon as I get home late tonight.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #4467 on: September 16, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »
Really enjoying Marvel's Spiderman. It's really a lot of fun and web-swinging is addicting once you get a hang of it. Combat is okay, nothing groundbreaking, but when you get on a combo roll, it is a lot of fun.

I also really enjoy the Mary Jane scenes where you play as her. Maybe a bit repetitive, but it's a nice change of pace. Overall, it's really a lot of fun and it looks great!
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4468 on: September 16, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »
Had a lot of fun playing COD this weekend, also got back in DOTA2. Probably going to spend my week playing The Witcher.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4469 on: September 17, 2018, 06:51:57 AM »
Did you guys hear about the Spider man easter egg where a guy wanted to propose to his girlfriend of 5 years, so he reached out to the developers and they decided to help him out and actually put this proposal in the game:

But then she left him for his brother

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/9/17838210/spider-man-ps4-game-insomniac-easter-egg-marriage-proposal

Rough stuff

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4470 on: September 17, 2018, 06:57:55 AM »
RIP. Reminds me of a video I saw recently about marriage proposals in games-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdNro_Hd08

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4471 on: September 17, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
Did you guys hear about the Spider man easter egg where a guy wanted to propose to his girlfriend of 5 years, so he reached out to the developers and they decided to help him out and actually put this proposal in the game:

But then she left him for his brother

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/9/17838210/spider-man-ps4-game-insomniac-easter-egg-marriage-proposal

Rough stuff

jesus christ ouch

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4472 on: September 18, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »
So did the brother let her play the game for the proposal?  :lol

After playing the COD blackout beta last weekend I am completely sold.  I think it sucks they took away the single player to make the BR mode, but they really made a polished BR mode.  It blows PUBG out of the water since it plays so well and has great feel and gunplay.  I thought BF5 would be the game to sink PUBG, now I'm thinking BF5 may not even be as good as COD.  I can't believe I am even saying that after years of COD being crap IMO, they finally made something that has me salivating waiting for release now. 

Anyway, PlayerUnknown is getting trolled hard on twitter because it seems like everyone pretty much agrees that COD is going to be the next big BR game and they are going to make a ton of money selling it for $60 which pisses me off to buy a multiplayer only game for that cost, but I want it badly.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4473 on: September 18, 2018, 08:51:54 PM »
Fortnite definitely took some huge chunks away from the PUBG player base but it was different enough to keep a sizable fan base for PUBG.

After playing this beta this weekend I can't imagine a reason going back to PUBG, seriously I'm hard pressed to find one aside from the price of entry.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4474 on: September 19, 2018, 06:58:04 AM »
Fortnite definitely took some huge chunks away from the PUBG player base but it was different enough to keep a sizable fan base for PUBG.

After playing this beta this weekend I can't imagine a reason going back to PUBG, seriously I'm hard pressed to find one aside from the price of entry.

I easily got my $30 worth out of PUBG.  I don't even think thats a reason to keep playing for me.  My buds played one round Monday night and we rage quit after how it just felt so shitty compared to COD.  We all got Insurgency Sand Storm last night to keep us busy until COD comes out.  We really had a blast playing that game for a bit.  It feels like Counterstrike but better since it's new, it's in beta now but you can play it with a pre-purchase for $27.  I had just been telling my friend that I hardly bought video games over the last two years because of my obsession with PUBG so buying a discounted game to play for a month (or maybe longer if I fall in love with it) didn't seem like a big deal to me.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4475 on: September 19, 2018, 07:59:53 AM »
PlayStation Classic coming in December

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqs9yOmqi8c
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4476 on: September 19, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »

Depending on the game selection, I might actually pick this up. Don't like that its not a dual shock controller though.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4477 on: September 19, 2018, 09:02:32 PM »
That's pretty cool but as someone with a backwards compatible ps3 I think I'll pass

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4478 on: September 19, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »

Depending on the game selection, I might actually pick this up. Don't like that its not a dual shock controller though.

The original didn't have a dual shock

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4479 on: September 19, 2018, 09:12:10 PM »
Wonder if the horrible load times will be the same  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"