Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479438 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4270 on: May 30, 2018, 11:05:14 AM »
I haven't even thought about what I'll play next. The combination of the Witcher series being huge (III mainly but the others are big too) and me having a newborn and thus much less time for games has meant I haven't played anything else for months!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4271 on: May 30, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »
So, Bethesda announced today a new Fallout game. Not much was said about it, just a short trailer. More is expected at the next E3. I need to get a new computer....
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4272 on: May 30, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »
So, Bethesda announced today a new Fallout game. Not much was said about it, just a short trailer. More is expected at the next E3. I need to get a new computer....
Oh wow didn't expect a new Fallout game but I guess it might be a spin off like FO: New Vegas and not FO5. Darn dangit if it's a tabletop game or something....
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4273 on: May 30, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
It's called Fallout: 76. It's supposed to be set in vault 76 which a google search tells me has been mentioned in both Fallout 3 and 4 so it would seen this is not a spin off, but Fallout 5.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4274 on: May 30, 2018, 11:54:49 AM »
Apparently it's not Fallout 5 either (which would surprise me since we still haven't even begun pre-development on Elder Scrolls 6, so to get FO4 and 5 before that would baffle me).

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333?utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4275 on: May 30, 2018, 12:20:03 PM »
Honestly that sounds really cool but at the same time we all know how diffrent the atmosphere can be in a MP game compared to SP.  People with offensive names, trolling, griefing, toxic chat/VOIP and so forth. Not to say it can't be a great game but i'm just a bit burned on MMOs and MP RPGs, hopefully it won't be as bad. The SP aspect with lore and story is what I wan't in a Fallout game, i'm not sure MP is what the franchise needs.
I love TES series but I barely touched ESO though...
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4276 on: May 30, 2018, 12:36:26 PM »
Yeah. That's why I gave up playing multiplayer games and MMOs. I'm tired of people and the online gaming culture. Just ruins everything.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4277 on: May 30, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
Fallout battle royale incoming :metardica:

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4278 on: May 30, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »
Meh. I just don't have the time or energy to keep up with online multiplayer games. I do find it frustrating that studios famed for making incredibly immersive single player games like Bioware and Bethesda are now directing a lot of resource into online gaming instead.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4279 on: May 30, 2018, 12:57:26 PM »
Meh. I just don't have the time or energy to keep up with online multiplayer games. I do find it frustrating that studios famed for making incredibly immersive single player games like Bioware and Bethesda are now directing a lot of resource into online gaming instead.

Blame the industry and all the business models that keep raking in the cash... that's what happens when AAA studios decide to dump ridiculous sums of money into 'AAA' games for voice acting, graphics, motion capture, marketing, blah blah blah, insert rants about EA and Ubisoft here. I'm in full agreement with you.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4280 on: May 30, 2018, 01:13:15 PM »
Well that sucks. Good news is that I don't need to buy a new computer just yet (I really do thought)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4281 on: May 30, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »
Yea, if this is some sort of MMO, then my interest has been lost.  I guess we don't know enough to say I won't care about it, but I'd rather a full out new Fallout traditional game (or even a New Vegas style spinoff) than an MMO.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4282 on: May 30, 2018, 04:10:01 PM »
Well that sucks. Good news is that I don't need to buy a new computer just yet (I really do thought)
You could wait a bit until the GPU and RAM prices drop, but since out economy is likely gonna get worse, might be worth buying now :P. I'd go with a Ryzen and RX combo, damn good value for the money if you're in a tight budget.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4283 on: May 30, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »
I'm pretty excited to hear what the new FO will be. FO is one of my favorite game universes

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4284 on: June 04, 2018, 07:40:08 AM »
I know this is supposed to be a joke, but would anyone else actually like this feature? I wouldn't have to trust Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo with my CC information. It'd allow me to easily choose what card I wanted to chard something on, and it'd make gift cards easier if that's your thing.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #4285 on: June 04, 2018, 06:52:57 PM »
I know this is supposed to be a joke, but would anyone else actually like this feature? I wouldn't have to trust Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo with my CC information. It'd allow me to easily choose what card I wanted to chard something on, and it'd make gift cards easier if that's your thing.

I would worry about Uncle Sam and them commie Chinese, before worrying about those companies you mentioned.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4286 on: June 04, 2018, 07:07:53 PM »

I just memorize my card info and decline to save the info every time. It takes less than 30 seconds to input.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4287 on: June 04, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »
You can already do this with the PSN store if I recall as well as steam (save your credit card info that is)

Gotta be careful with PSN, if I remember correctly they had a scandal years back where they were storing your card numbers in plain text :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4288 on: June 04, 2018, 11:12:51 PM »
Having a good time with Vampyr. Again, hype seemed to kill or at least impede a lot of the fun for a lot of people. I had zero expectations and am loving it. There's some hiccups here and there but it's a great first-day release with zero bugs or crashes on PC and the game itself is engaging (fun combat without being overly complicated) and a pretty intriguing story and world. The characters are definitely central in this one and I've already had a hard time deciding on who to feast on and who to let live. If this is successful, I could see this being a really awesome series.

It'd be so great to get a cool vampire series and get away from zombies. Not only because vampires > zombies but because my love for the Legacy of Kain series left a big hole in my gamer heart. Not that this is anything like it gameplay wise but they've got a great base to build from for a cool world.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4289 on: June 05, 2018, 07:37:03 AM »
Having a good time with Vampyr. Again, hype seemed to kill or at least impede a lot of the fun for a lot of people. I had zero expectations and am loving it. There's some hiccups here and there but it's a great first-day release with zero bugs or crashes on PC and the game itself is engaging (fun combat without being overly complicated) and a pretty intriguing story and world. The characters are definitely central in this one and I've already had a hard time deciding on who to feast on and who to let live. If this is successful, I could see this being a really awesome series.

It'd be so great to get a cool vampire series and get away from zombies. Not only because vampires > zombies but because my love for the Legacy of Kain series left a big hole in my gamer heart. Not that this is anything like it gameplay wise but they've got a great base to build from for a cool world.

hmm, I know nothing of this game and was bored last night looking through steam for a potential new game and saw this and thought it could be interesting.  There's plenty of zombie games, but I don't think I've ever played a vampire one (well there was that DLC for Skyrim).  Might be interested in trying it out, I'll have to read into it to see more.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4290 on: June 06, 2018, 09:06:38 PM »
All this talk about a new fallout game so I went ahead and installed Fallout 3. For a game as old as it is it still plays and looks really good.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4291 on: June 07, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
All this talk about a new fallout game so I went ahead and installed Fallout 3. For a game as old as it is it still plays and looks really good.

Such an awesome game, my favorite of the series.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4292 on: June 07, 2018, 08:02:03 AM »
New Vegas is where it's at tho  :metal

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4293 on: June 07, 2018, 06:42:17 PM »
I have new vegas but I never played it :(

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4294 on: June 07, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »

Dude...   If you like 3, then you owe it to yourself to play new vegas. It takes things to a whole nother level

I like 3, but I LOVE new vegas

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4295 on: June 08, 2018, 07:07:03 AM »

Dude...   If you like 3, then you owe it to yourself to play new vegas. It takes things to a whole nother level

I like 3, but I LOVE new vegas

Yea, you really should play that before doing a rerun of 3.  I still like 3 more, mostly because of story and setting, but NV was an improvement on the game.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4296 on: June 08, 2018, 10:01:16 PM »
N++ is fighting for title of 'most difficult game I've ever played.'

It's a rewarding kind of difficulty. It's a platformer that requires speed and precision, and you're on the edge of your seat. Some of these levels are straight up bullshit, but it's such an incredibly satisfying feeling when you finally beat it. I've beaten about 700 levels so far I think, and I've reached one that's just pushed me to the limit. Has anyone else played it (on Switch or PS4? or PC if it's on there too?) - it's one of the greatest platformers ever made in my opinion. Wide range of difficulty. The color palettes are awesome, too.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4297 on: June 09, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »
Its E3 week  :metal :metal :metal

So today was the EA press conference:

1. Hitman 2 - Can't wait
2. Days gone - looks pretty cool
3. Dead or Alive 6- not bad

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4298 on: June 09, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »
Can't wait for Hitman 2.

I thought the way they released unravel 2 was cool

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #4299 on: June 09, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »

It's a rewarding kind of difficulty. It's a platformer that requires speed and precision, and you're on the edge of your seat. Some of these levels are straight up bullshit, but it's such an incredibly satisfying feeling when you finally beat it. I've beaten about 700 levels so far I think, and I've reached one that's just pushed me to the limit. Has anyone else played it (on Switch or PS4? or PC if it's on there too?) - it's one of the greatest platformers ever made in my opinion. Wide range of difficulty. The color palettes are awesome, too.
i've not played n++ specifically but i've just never been too into the gamplay of the n games. dunno. i love me some platformers but i'm also really picky about them, i've just been going back to celeste over and over this year 'cause it's so good lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4300 on: June 09, 2018, 08:44:50 PM »

i've not played n++ specifically but i've just never been too into the gamplay of the n games. dunno. i love me some platformers but i'm also really picky about them, i've just been going back to celeste over and over this year 'cause it's so good lol

Celeste is on my list. Matt Makes Games made the Jumper games for PC waaaay back in the day and I obsessed over those games, and a couple others he made, so I know it's going to be a good time.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4301 on: June 10, 2018, 03:45:07 PM »
Yesssss finally!!  :metal

Cyberpunk 2077 – official E3 2018 trailer

and also:

Dying Light 2 - E3 2018 Announcement Trailer

Also a game i'm very much looking forward too!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4302 on: June 10, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »
Looks rad :2metal:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4303 on: June 10, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »
Cyberpunk looks cool. Apparently the same team that did witcher?

I that's the case, then I'll buy day one

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4304 on: June 10, 2018, 04:29:50 PM »
Cyberpunk looks cool. Apparently the same team that did witcher?

I that's the case, then I'll buy day one
Yea it's the same studio, CD Project Red. They basically worked on the game since 2012. Basically the only info about the game was the teaser trailer they released in 2013 so the hype has been growing quite a bit since then.  :D