Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479355 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3990 on: February 06, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »
I started doing metal gear Monday’s where I’m trying to play through the metal gear series. I’m playing metal gear solid and it’s a lot of fun seeing the game in a new light. The last time I played was when I was in middle school.

Metal gear solid is one of my favorite games ever made. I've played through it like 3 times.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3991 on: February 07, 2018, 08:46:52 AM »
Got back in GTA 5 a bit on PC, totally forgot about first person mode. I like to throw on music and just goof off in the GTA games, so last night I put on a couple albums, threw on first person mode and just rode through traffic the whole time. It's incredible that those games, especially 5, can become whatever game you want it to be, really. It's a very fun driving simulator, for example :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3992 on: February 07, 2018, 08:48:47 AM »
Got back in GTA 5 a bit on PC, totally forgot about first person mode. I like to throw on music and just goof off in the GTA games, so last night I put on a couple albums, threw on first person mode and just rode through traffic the whole time. It's incredible that those games, especially 5, can become whatever game you want it to be, really. It's a very fun driving simulator, for example :)

I got on GTA Online last weekend for the first time in about a year. I'm hooked again. They've added soooo much stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3993 on: February 07, 2018, 08:50:41 AM »
Seems Red Dead Redemption will be released in October but I read a rumor that there will be a battle royale mode  :omg:

GIVE ME THIS GAME ON PC!!!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3994 on: February 07, 2018, 08:53:03 AM »

I got on GTA Online last weekend for the first time in about a year. I'm hooked again. They've added soooo much stuff.

I've never played GTA Online. I think I fired it up once, the day the game came out, but I have zero interest in playing this kind of game with other people (except heists... heists are really cool). I'm annoyed there is no DLC for the single player campaign but they'll give everything to the online mode. I want some of those cars.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3995 on: February 07, 2018, 09:07:03 AM »
GTA online was (for me) 100% about doing the heists.  Those were so much fun, I don't think I got much enjoyment from any of the other game modes. 

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3996 on: February 07, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
Been playing Dino Crisis on the XEBRA emulator, works fantastic even on this 2012 laptop, very precise emulation. It also has this experimental feature in which everything is rendered with OpenGL at high resolution, and although not all games work properly with it, this one looks damn nice. Click on the pictures for bigger size.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3997 on: February 07, 2018, 11:48:39 AM »
Wow that is quite the difference

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3998 on: February 07, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »
Wow that is quite the difference

Yea seriously, what a difference

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #3999 on: February 07, 2018, 07:22:55 PM »
Now that's a throwback, I haven't played Dino Crisis in at least 15 years. I'd love to play that version, it's so much easier on the eyes  :lol PS1 had a lot of great survival horror games. I'm surprised they didn't make many more Dino Crisis games or Parasite Eve games for that matter.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4000 on: February 08, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »
Finally installed Steam on my laptop and first game I decided to try...Doki Doki Literature Club.

What a great plot, and love how they continue the story. You could see what was coming though by their poems and all that. But it is funny watching the reaction vids.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4001 on: February 08, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »
finally got Fallout 4's Far Harbor. Its really cool so far.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #4002 on: February 10, 2018, 05:12:37 PM »
So I finally started Nier: Automata.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4003 on: February 11, 2018, 06:39:33 AM »
How is it? I heard so much talk about it on the giant bomb cast.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #4004 on: February 11, 2018, 09:30:16 AM »
The story can be confusing af at times (it helps that I watched some YouTube videos explaining some of the background lore), but holy crap the visuals and gameplay are amazing. The set pieces, the characters, the robots...it's all great. And it's weird that I actually enjoy combat in this game, because I usually can't stand real-time combat in JRPG's.

If you don't mind doing a bit of background research for the story, play it. Also, none of this is to say the story isn't good, and in fact it was pretty heartwrenching.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4005 on: February 13, 2018, 08:03:43 PM »
So there was a handful of games I really wanted to play (and I'm really not into PC gaming) so I bought a used xbox one and Man, I really don't like this console all that much, which is pretty wild, since I played the living shit of of my 360 back during the last console generation.

It's interface is a mess, the online store blows. I got a points card and put 25 bucks into the account but certain things I had to use my credit card for which really pissed me off. I got annoyed and just used the credit card to get stuff instead of spinning my wheels trying to figure it out.

But anyway I got Fallout New vegas for the first time. Wow, what a cool game. The only fallout game I put sigificant time into was Fallout 4 and that was like around 100 hours. I love 4, but I can really see now why it was getting the hate. New vegas is different in many ways. Loving it so far though. I was really hyped for fallout 3 and bought it day one back in the day, but just could not get into it, so I foolishly dismissed New vegas when it first came out. What a mistake  :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4006 on: February 13, 2018, 09:32:33 PM »
I'm not one of the ones that frothed at the mouth from vehemence towards 4, but it was definitely a step back with regards to what they did with New Vegas. If they could combine the stepped up battle mechanics and UI of 4 with the RPG elements and the story, customization and branching speech options of NV, that would be a game truly worthy of the Fallout name and I'd happily sink hundreds of hours into.

NV is starting to feel aged at this point but it's funny that I still go back and play it while sticking with it year after year. I'll go back and play 4 for about an hour at a time and then inevitable get really bored and not touch it again for a year.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4007 on: February 14, 2018, 05:15:15 AM »
Yeah, I feel that way as well. And as far as bethesda games, go I feel the same way about Skyrim vs how oblivion/morrowind were. Kind of a little too streamlined for my tastes. And the quests were a lot more strait forward. but since it sold like gangbusters, unfortunately I feel like this is the road future bethesda games will take  :'(

I mean hell, Morrowind didn't even have quest markers, lol. Just like wandering around a continent for hours trying to find what the hell I'm supposed to do  :lol  Man how far things have changed

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #4008 on: February 14, 2018, 05:40:26 AM »
It's funny, that's one game where I mostly am okay with a lot of the changes. I don't think Skyrim was as cut up and simplified in comparison to its predecessors as F4 was to the rest of its own series, but its definitely more streamlined, and in some instances dumbed down. But that goes with my own life changes and not having hours and hours to wander around exploring, which sucks. But I do think there's a definite balance to be had in that streamlined format of being able to explore and to have branching options of speech, factions, storyline trees and whatnot while still retaining the ease of access and "pick up/put down" play. I don't go back and play Morrowind/Oblivion as much as I do NV in comparison to Skyrim/4, respectively; but I can see how those changes would irk the lifelong fans just as much.

But yeah, at this point there's no going back. I'm just hoping that they do find some kind of balance as opposed to making it just more and more dumbed down. At least with 4 getting a whole lot of flack from fans new and old, there's precedent for change. Skyrim, maybe not so much, but there was still some good constructive criticism gained. I also don't think they'll be remaking and banking off of 4 nearly as much as they did with Skyrim. It'll be interesting what the next iteration for each of the series brings, that's for sure.

RIP DTP.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #4009 on: February 14, 2018, 06:56:10 PM »
Bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance the other day and played it all last night. Got about 7 hours in and had to restart due to a game breaking bug....

It’s still really fun though so far, what little I’ve done. It looks really great. Still sucks that I had to restart due to a gate not opening.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4010 on: February 14, 2018, 07:01:46 PM »
I've hearing a ton of talk I bought Divinity: Original Sin 2. That game is fucking hard but it's gorgeous and has a really interesting story so far.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4011 on: February 14, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »
Playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution now. Played the original Deus Ex many years ago, and no other games in the series. Pretty fun game, not trying to be a completionist as I just don't have the time to commit to that right now.

Also played A Link to the Past Randomized. Couldn't finish Level 7 as I haven't found the Ice Rod and can't beat the boss without it. Just like the original Zelda Randomizer, I fun new take on an old game.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4012 on: February 15, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »
Replaying through KOTOR 1 again, almost 15 years later (damn) is really a treat, and I'm amazed how well it holds up. This is one of my favorite games ever made and its still just as fun and engaging to play. Its really a shame that bioware only made one single player KOTOR game. Sure I thoroughly enjoyed mass effect 1 and 2, but still I would have liked to see at least one more bioware developed KOTOR, as sith lords really didn't do it for me  :P

Honestly just the dialogue trees alone has me remembering how good it used to be. The generic, inconsequential dialogue choices of today's games (cough fallout 4 cough) are super lame.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:16:00 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4013 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
I have played through that game 3 times over the years, and I rarely play through a game more than once. I started The Sith Lords a while back but had to abandon it for some reason I don't recall. It's on my standby list of games when I am out of other games to play.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4014 on: February 16, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »
Made this last night, felt like sharing. I like to draw/color stuff when I'm bored and watching TV or listening to music, it's a nice stress reliever

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:00:23 AM by Kattoelox »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4015 on: February 18, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
I didn't want to make a separate thread just for this so pardon the derail but I made another

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #4016 on: February 18, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »
Those are both really nice  :tup

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4017 on: February 19, 2018, 07:48:24 AM »
Thanks Rattlehead :) working on a massive one of Kefka from FF6, it already spans 2 pages

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4018 on: February 20, 2018, 07:10:35 AM »
Cool drawings, like the graphing paper makes bits

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4019 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:17 AM »
Cool drawings, like the graphing paper makes bits

ACTUALLY CRAMX3 YOU MEAN PIXEL. ONE BIT WOULD ONLY STORE A SINGLE ON OR OFF PIXEL, LIKE THE ATARI 2600. IN THE CASE OF THE SUPER NINTENDO, 4 BITS WOULD BE REQUIRED FOR EACH PIXEL OF A STANDARD SPRITE. :blob:

(and yes I'm aware that each "pixel" drawn on that graph paper is using 4 squares, but it's not analogous, so bleh :lol )

They look cool btw. Looks like a nice fun exercise to just find a sprite sheet and get colouring.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4020 on: February 20, 2018, 07:18:22 AM »
 :rollin true, that is what I meant

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4021 on: February 20, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »
Yeah it is just a fun way to kill time while I watch TV or listen to music. I purposely blew up each pixel to 2x2 so I'd have a larger image. This is my latest project...

Made some mistakes cause I wasn't focused last night but it's turning out way better than I initially thought. I'm going to cut out Kefka's full sprite at the end, then put it on some background material that I'm going to color whites and yellows that resemble the golden clouds at the final battle of FF6 (even though this isn't what he looks like during that)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #4022 on: February 20, 2018, 10:22:31 AM »
Kefka is my boi! Really one of the most interesting villains in the series. Cool pixel art too!

RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4023 on: February 20, 2018, 12:21:51 PM »
Yeah Kefka is awesome. Definitely cool art

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #4024 on: February 20, 2018, 05:26:12 PM »
That's impressive! I love the color and detail of that one especially. I really need to go back and actually finish FF6, especially now that I have an SNES classic.