Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479340 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3850 on: December 05, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0

Mega man 11 has been announced. Now I am pretty mental about mega man so I am pretty happy. But even more exciting is that ALL megaman games including the X series are coming to the switch in 2018. Hell yeah :metal

I've had a MEGA mega-man in my pants since hearing the news! Cannot wait for 11, cannot wait to replay all the X games! Unbelievable!

I haven't played a Mega-Man game since... somewhere around or after X on like SNES I believe. Despite that starting back on the NES I always loved the MM games, so I may very well finally hop back in with this.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3851 on: December 06, 2017, 05:12:52 AM »
Just received some packages at work, including a GTX 1080i graphics card.  I'm like... uhhh, is this a gift for me?!  Turns out we are going to be testing these in some servers for the processing power.  Hopefully the test fails and I can keep the unused leftovers from testing (apparently more cards are coming in).

EVGAs?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3852 on: December 06, 2017, 07:30:01 AM »
Skyrim VR setup coming today, had it setup so I could leave work a little early, and then this morning an employee called in with bronchitis which scuttles that. The day shall move slowly...
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3853 on: December 06, 2017, 07:45:45 AM »
Skyrim VR setup coming today, had it setup so I could leave work a little early, and then this morning an employee called in with bronchitis which scuttles that. The day shall move slowly...

Protip with the PSVR: do the eye calibration. You stand like 18" from the camera and look right at it. It takes a picture of your face and it zooms in on your eyes. The software will give you a cursor to mark the center of your pupils. When I first got my unit, some images were a little blurry around the edges. I did the calibration and it changed the distance between my eyes from 68mm to 71mm and it made all the difference in the world.

I'd also recommend the following;
- Rush of Blood
- Rigs (one my my absolute favorites)
- Dirt Rally

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3854 on: December 06, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »

Protip with the PSVR: do the eye calibration. You stand like 18" from the camera and look right at it. It takes a picture of your face and it zooms in on your eyes. The software will give you a cursor to mark the center of your pupils. When I first got my unit, some images were a little blurry around the edges. I did the calibration and it changed the distance between my eyes from 68mm to 71mm and it made all the difference in the world.

- Rush of Blood
- Dirt Rally

Thanks, I'll definitely do that calibration. In addition to Skyrim coming I have Rec Room and Statik already downloaded.

RIGS looked really good and I have it sitting on a list to get at some point. I also have the Far Point bundle earmarked. Dirt Rally didn't really appeal to me but I might check out a demo if it has one, and I'll look into Rush of Blood some more.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3855 on: December 06, 2017, 08:03:28 AM »

- Rush of Blood
- Dirt Rally

Thanks, I'll definitely do that calibration. In addition to Skyrim coming I have Rec Room and Statik already downloaded.

RIGS looked really good and I have it sitting on a list to get at some point. I also have the Far Point bundle earmarked. Dirt Rally didn't really appeal to me but I might check out a demo if it has one, and I'll look into Rush of Blood some more.

OH! I forgot about farpoint. I have that with the gun peripheral as well and it's fucking awesome. I can't believe that one slipped my mind.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3856 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:02 AM »
Just received some packages at work, including a GTX 1080i graphics card.  I'm like... uhhh, is this a gift for me?!  Turns out we are going to be testing these in some servers for the processing power.  Hopefully the test fails and I can keep the unused leftovers from testing (apparently more cards are coming in).

EVGAs?

Yup

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3857 on: December 06, 2017, 08:49:37 AM »
Assassin's Creed IV is free (free to download, free to keep) on UPlay from the 11th to 18th.

I hate UPlay, I hate Ubisoft (not as much as EA, but it's very close), and I think Assassin's Creed is horribly overrated. But, I'm in dire need of a pirate-y adventure, so I'm picking this up. Please don't be a glitchy, formulaic AC nightmare.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3858 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »
I’ve only played black flag and I thought it was great. My brother who ha played ever assassins creed game says it’s the best of the lot. Give it a shot!

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #3859 on: December 06, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
Black Flag is great when... Well, when it's not being an Assassin's Creed game. The pirate stuff is fun but on land it kind of turns to tailing missions and other terrible activities

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3860 on: December 07, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
What a nice early weekend present. Zelda DLC about to go live. No sleep tonight. Gotta get that motorcycle.  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3861 on: December 08, 2017, 06:39:19 AM »
New map for PUBG coming out soon, I think I could play it on the test servers today, but not sure they'll still be up when I get home from work.  It's my first weekend in awhile that I'll be home and not have anything going on so lots of gaming is expected.  I still haven't finished the campaign for COD WW2 nor have I started the campaign for SW BF2.  But if I can play the new map in PUBG, I'd probably continue to hold off playing those.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3862 on: December 08, 2017, 06:40:32 AM »
I'm excited to try out the new map in PUBG, probably going to wait until it leaves the test servers

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3863 on: December 08, 2017, 06:54:28 AM »
Looks like 12/20 is the PC release date for the completed game.  I can't believe I've been playing it for so long in early access, pretty much from the beginning and the evolution.  Vaulting and climbing has been tested in the test servers as well, I'm looking forward to that new feature and how it changes the game play.  I haven't played much, but I did play one awesome round last night chilling on the bridge in a fog map just killing people as they crossed since they couldn't see me before getting onto the bridge :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3864 on: December 08, 2017, 07:08:48 AM »
That's nothing, DayZ was my first early access and it's still in alpha 4 years later

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3865 on: December 08, 2017, 08:53:30 AM »

- Rush of Blood
- Dirt Rally

OH! I forgot about farpoint. I have that with the gun peripheral as well and it's fucking awesome. I can't believe that one slipped my mind.

VR updates:

Getting used to Skyrim on the move controllers will take time, and the graphics may have taken a major step down, but damn if it isn't cool to toast an enemy with one hand while swinging in the air to melee another. I pretty much know already that I'm going to keep the difficulty on moron level and just breeze through and have fun with it. Going to play my character as a mage, basically only doing the college quests, focus on the two main stories and not worry about completing too much.

Played the demo for Raw Data last night, and although not much too it, it was a lot of fun.

Also been exploring Rec Room and really enjoy Paintball, but am still adjusting to how you hold the move controller. It seems natural to me that you want to point it at your target, but it goes full VR and acts as the stock of the gun, so you hold up up more to shoot straight ahead. Once I master that I think I'll be quite good at that sort of stuff.

And RIGS has been added to the "this is what you'll get me" portion of my Christmas list.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3866 on: December 08, 2017, 06:03:23 PM »
Speaking of Skyrim, I am 53 hours in to the switch version  :o

Despite playing the crap out of it back in the day, its still just as addictive as ever.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3867 on: December 08, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »
Skyrim is one of those games I always play this time of year. I got it when it first came out and it was one of the games that really got me into gaming again.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3868 on: December 09, 2017, 05:41:02 AM »
Well,

For the first time ever, we now have a motorcycle in a Zelda game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DoUXP5uCjU

Looks pretty crazy

Online ozzy554

« Reply #3869 on: December 09, 2017, 06:37:06 AM »
I just saw the newest trailer for Death Stranding. Still have no idea what the fuck it's about but I want it lol
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3870 on: December 09, 2017, 07:50:37 AM »
PUBG test servers were still up last night so I played the new map and wow is it different.  The whole game feels a bit different with the vaulting gameplay, new loading screens, the map just has a totally different feel to it and it seems all the buildings are completely new and not the same cookie cutter types used in the first map, which is cool, shows they put a lot of effort into making the second map.  Now do I like the new map? Eh, the jury is out on that one. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3871 on: December 09, 2017, 07:51:04 AM »
I can't wait to get home and play it!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3872 on: December 09, 2017, 08:04:12 AM »
Witchfire looks cool. I like how it's seems to be a gentle walking simulator and then....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqjNkdXT94
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3873 on: December 09, 2017, 08:19:53 AM »
That looks really cool.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3874 on: December 09, 2017, 11:59:24 AM »
Also finished Hexcells Infinite shortly after Deus Ex, amazing puzzle game. And these days I've been playing Silent Hill 4, damn this shit's scary  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3875 on: December 09, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
Well, I'm about 5 hours in to Xenoblade chronicles 2 and with the exception of Persona 5 (which is its own awesome thing), xenoblade may be my favorite JRPG that I have played since Final Fantasy VII.

Its just nails that old school JRPG feel. Its like a modernized, contemporary Chrono trigger or FFVI and I am loving it. And what's truly awesome is the score, which is done by the same guy that scored Chrono trigger. I'm just loving this game, and this is the exact JRPG I was looking for.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3876 on: December 12, 2017, 07:41:40 PM »
Finished Silent Hill 4. Not as great as the previous 2 games but still very good, great atmosphere. Wished it had a bit more variety of monsters tho.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3877 on: December 12, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
Okami HD is so FANTASTIC. Good lord it's ridiculous to think that there's very few games that have this much innovation since this game has been released. I love the ideas behind the mechanics, but the way those mechanics are surrounded by such a beautiful world, a great combat system, and filled with a whole hell of a lot of spirit and spunk. It's still crazy to think that the painting mechanic is still so innovative and actually worked out so well. It's easy and fun, different and singular...nothing like it since. Helps that the game looks fantastic even by today's standards.

That and my newly attained Switch and BOTW has my life force draining away and my O-face in full effect. BOTW is equally singular and innovative in its own ways. It's funny to see a game on a Nintendo system look and feel SOOOOO much like a fully blown PC title that ironically enough puts most (if not all, in my opinion) open-world PC titles to absolute shame with not only how huge it is, but more importantly how they still packed so much details and fun into that world. It's the perfect balance of puzzles, adventuring and...good lord, difficulty. I never thought I'd actually die more than a couple times in a Zelda game (and usually because I was lazy or just not paying attention), and I've died...more than a couple handful of times thus far.

Really great stuff in my gaming world. I do have a love/hate with Nintendo right now because for as awesome as it is to have Zelda on the go, it hurts to see the framerate drop so often and the load times last as long as they do (which honestly isn't that bad). It's a game that would totally benefit from being on PC. I know that's literally like wondering if Santa is real but man, would it be awesome (to have officially).

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3878 on: December 12, 2017, 08:51:56 PM »
Okami HD is so FANTASTIC. Good lord it's ridiculous to think that there's very few games that have this much innovation since this game has been released. I love the ideas behind the mechanics, but the way those mechanics are surrounded by such a beautiful world, a great combat system, and filled with a whole hell of a lot of spirit and spunk. It's still crazy to think that the painting mechanic is still so innovative and actually worked out so well. It's easy and fun, different and singular...nothing like it since. Helps that the game looks fantastic even by today's standards.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/587620/OKAMI_HD/

for those with Steam accounts, get this. you won't regret it
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3879 on: December 12, 2017, 10:12:31 PM »
Forgot to mention that's what I'm playing on.  :lol But yeah it's a must-buy for sure. I never pre-orer anymore. I did for this one.  :metal

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3880 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:22 AM »
I've purchased and have driven about 400 miles in Gran Turismo Sport over the last week or so. I have mixed feeling about it. It's a solid racing game, but it doesn't feel at all like a Gran Turismo. I don't want to say I'm let down, but I've purchased every iteration of this game since GT2, and this this the first time where I've questioned what the devs were doing. Apparently there are a few huge updates in the works that will make offline mode more like the previous Gran Turismos, but I'm shocked they weren't included at launch given how long the game was in development.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3881 on: December 13, 2017, 12:36:16 PM »
I read a lot of reviews that echo your feelings about GT. It’s a shame, I’d like to pick it up but it’s been pushed to the back burner.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3882 on: December 14, 2017, 05:50:42 AM »
I just got Yooka Laylee for the Switch. Its basically the spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie N64 and definitely nails that 90's 3d platformer feel. Its a cool nostalgia trip, with big, weird eccentric levels and So far I am digging it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:01:59 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3883 on: December 14, 2017, 06:34:48 AM »
Got to say, buying a switch has been enticing for me. The games seem solid and the portability is really what interests me since I travel a lot. Maybe I'll get it in a year or so when the price drops, they didn't have any black Friday deals otherwise I may have bitten.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3884 on: December 14, 2017, 07:37:53 AM »
I just got Yooka Laylee for the Switch. Its basically the spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie N64 and definitely nails that 90's 3d platformer feel. Its a cool nostalgia trip, with big, weird eccentric levels and So far I am digging it.

I've heard some mixed reviews on this. Banjo-Kazooie is a timeless classic (can't say the same about Banjo-Tooie), but I've heard Yooka-Laylee feels a bit 'off' and that it's kind of empty. Or are those just people who forget what Banjo was like? If it's similar (collectables, big worlds, variety of zones) I will totally pick it up. Can you elaborate on your thoughts so far? I've been following the game for a long time but am still not sure...

I beat all the DLC in Zelda on both difficulties so once again I'm at 100% all around haha. I hope they make more. :)