Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481302 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3780 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:25 PM »
Meanwhile, I'm playing the ACTUAL Star Wars Battlefront II on PC via Steam. You know, an actually good game

I would have rather them just re-master the original Battlefront II.  I loved that game and it was nice actually being able to get into ships  :P

I loved the original games. I used to play them so often with my friend on the XBOX. I bought BFII on PC some time ago, but I haven't played it because the controls on PC are shit, so it was unplayable.  :-\
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3781 on: November 16, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »
NFS: Payback is refreshingly different and better than the two previous releases.  I like it a  l o t... :tup

What's different about it?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3782 on: November 16, 2017, 06:13:55 AM »
So is anyone going to buy battlefront 2? I'm pretty bummed about the backlash cause I really wanted to enjoy the single player and had hoped the multiplayer was improved. The loot box backlash is so bad thougg that there's active boycotts so I'm kind of torn about buying it or boycotting.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3783 on: November 16, 2017, 06:20:08 AM »
So is anyone going to buy battlefront 2? I'm pretty bummed about the backlash cause I really wanted to enjoy the single player and had hoped the multiplayer was improved. The loot box backlash is so bad thougg that there's active boycotts so I'm kind of torn about buying it or boycotting.

I've been boycotting them since 2013 when they completely fucked up that SimCity release.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3784 on: November 16, 2017, 06:49:38 AM »

I've been boycotting them since 2013 when they completely fucked up that SimCity release.

This may be a renter for me. My only real interest is in the campaign. Though since it's only 4-5 hours long there is no way I'm paying $60.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3785 on: November 16, 2017, 07:22:26 AM »

Gotta say though, I've enjoyed Cities: Skylines which was born out of that fiasco.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3786 on: November 16, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
NFS: Payback is refreshingly different and better than the two previous releases.  I like it a  l o t... :tup

What's different about it?

Everything.  It's got a killer storyline and missions that help progress the story and unlock more missions.  Lots of collectibles and activities.  Characters are awesome.  Cars handle and drive better like the classic PS2 games (which are my all-time favs).  They've really gone back to what makes NFS one of the best racing games ever.  Love it.  You won't be disappointed.   :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3787 on: November 16, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »
Meanwhile, I'm playing the ACTUAL Star Wars Battlefront II on PC via Steam. You know, an actually good game

I would have rather them just re-master the original Battlefront II.  I loved that game and it was nice actually being able to get into ships  :P

I loved the original games. I used to play them so often with my friend on the XBOX. I bought BFII on PC some time ago, but I haven't played it because the controls on PC are shit, so it was unplayable.  :-\

Really? It's just WASD Mouse, isn't it? I never found any problem with the controls. Though maybe the Steam release was different than whatever controls the actual PC game had
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3788 on: November 16, 2017, 04:07:53 PM »
Well, Skyrim is out tomorrow on switch and from what I've seen, it looks and plays pretty damn good. I really don't have $60 bucks to spare right now, but when it gets cheaper, I'll probably pick it up.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3789 on: November 16, 2017, 04:25:21 PM »
Well, Skyrim is out tomorrow on switch and from what I've seen, it looks and plays pretty damn good. I really don't have $60 bucks to spare right now, but when it gets cheaper, I'll probably pick it up.

Same. I'm going to pick up cheap secondhand or wait for a price drop but I definitely want it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3790 on: November 16, 2017, 07:38:10 PM »

I actually didn't think they would get rid of it but then again, when the storm has calmed they probably will roll it out secretly. Either way it's a good move despite being maybe too late, we'll see about that.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lucien

« Reply #3791 on: November 16, 2017, 09:01:44 PM »
For now, it's a good move, but I really, really doubt they're going to end microtransactions on their products for very long. And I hope the instant they bring them back the entire internet outrages against them again.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3792 on: November 16, 2017, 09:50:44 PM »

Really? It's just WASD Mouse, isn't it? I never found any problem with the controls. Though maybe the Steam release was different than whatever controls the actual PC game had

I don't do keyboard/mouse. I just wanted the controls to be the same as the console version using my 360 gamepad, but you can't assign multiple things to the same button that they are on console, and there are no settings for deadzone so it drifts off. The whole thing is an afterthought.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3793 on: November 17, 2017, 06:05:49 PM »
Well, I have no will power and bought Skyrim on Switch. Hot damn its good. It plays smooth like butter and the visuals are pretty decent. In more closed in areas like caves, the visuals look great. Outside in the huge world, they still look pretty good. Its pretty surreal playing legit full version Skyrim on a handheld. damn.

I've only ever played it on PS3 so the visually are a jump up and it looks very sharp and crisp.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:30:30 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Lucien

« Reply #3794 on: November 18, 2017, 02:32:27 AM »
Bought Pokemon Ultra Moon. Liking it much more than Sun, thanks to small adjustments to pacing and seemingly greater diversity of Pokemon available, though I wouldn't suggest doing a nuzlocke of the game.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3795 on: November 20, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »
Finally almost done with Mario Odyssey. Only one real moon left to get, but I can't get it until I get every purple coin in every kingdom and finish buying all the souvenirs. I bought a bunch early on before I realized there's (seemingly?) no cap, so I have just over 900 right now.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #3796 on: November 20, 2017, 01:34:12 PM »
No cap. Heh heh.

Been watching my wife play Breath of the Wild a bunch lately. She just wants to cook and chase foxes, but she's enjoying Zelda too

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3797 on: November 20, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
I've been playing the shit out of Skyrim on the Switch. Already 18 hours in and I've barely even done anything. I forgot how much I love this game and playing it on a handheld is awesome

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3798 on: November 21, 2017, 01:01:38 PM »
I've been playing the shit out of Skyrim on the Switch. Already 18 hours in and I've barely even done anything. I forgot how much I love this game and playing it on a handheld is awesome

How are the graphics on the switch? Do they vary between docked and in handheld mode?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3799 on: November 21, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »

How are the graphics on the switch? Do they vary between docked and in handheld mode?

Overall the graphics are better than the original release, but not quite as good as the remastered version. One thing specifically that is missing is the dynamic lighting (god rays and such), But that being said, for me it looks very crisp and very sharp. I didn't really notice that a difference between docked and handheld.

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #3800 on: November 22, 2017, 09:10:02 AM »
Just started playing the fractured but whole (heh heh heh) and overall its been great fun so far. The combat is vastly improved from the stick of truth and theres alot to explore and loot. of course its hilarious as well

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3801 on: November 23, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »
I am so tempted to buy LA Noire. I didn't get as far into it as I would like when it was originally release

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3802 on: November 23, 2017, 05:41:57 PM »
I have it, I should play it sometime

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3803 on: November 23, 2017, 05:50:15 PM »
Last night I encountered my first ever Switch problem: the lights on my left Joy-Con went out. Still functions 100% normal other than the lights being completely off. Looks like I'll have to send it in - good thing Nintendo covers it for a year :)

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3804 on: November 23, 2017, 05:57:20 PM »
Damnit. I still want a Switch. I'm trying to think of how much I'll really play it if I get it.

I really just want to play Zelda and Mario.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3805 on: November 23, 2017, 05:58:57 PM »
Get it get it get it get it. Get it.  :lol EDIT: I guarantee if you like Zelda or Mario you'll love them. Well, Zelda might be iffy with the durability but it doesn't bother me one bit, and it's the best adventure/exploration I've ever seen in a video game. It's just freaking beautiful. I've 100%ed it twice now (soon 3) and I still like playing it just to climb up mountains and see the views.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3806 on: November 23, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »
Fuck, I think I will get it.

I think if I don't play it much my gf will. She loves her old DS when she travels, I thinks he would enjoy the switch.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3807 on: November 23, 2017, 07:33:47 PM »
I hope to get a Switch and a PS4 at the end of their life cycles so I can have lower prices and a bigger catalogue  :P

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3808 on: November 24, 2017, 12:30:06 AM »
Stop shittin up this thread with your sound reasoning.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3809 on: November 24, 2017, 04:39:26 AM »
Damnit. I still want a Switch. I'm trying to think of how much I'll really play it if I get it.

Dont forget about Metroid Prime 4!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3810 on: November 24, 2017, 04:53:58 AM »

Dont forget about Metroid Prime 4!

I can't wait for Metroid Prime 4  :metal

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3811 on: November 24, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »
You'll be waiting a long time for those first party Ninty titles to drop in price  :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3812 on: November 24, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »
I don't mind, already have a big backlog to get through. And I'm a student so it's not like my budget would allow me anyways :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3813 on: November 24, 2017, 02:28:32 PM »
Braved the Black Friday lines to grab the last copy of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch at Best Buy. $20.  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3814 on: November 24, 2017, 10:27:16 PM »
Don't really game much anymore, but snagged Overwatch and the Bioshock Collection (1 + 2 + Infinity) on sale today. Enjoyed my first few rounds of Overwatch.
Photobucket sucks.