Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 483983 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3465 on: July 02, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »
PC. Origin.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3466 on: July 02, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »
Finally won another Battlegrounds game this morning with my brother and then spent the evening working on making a video of it

Also made this music video of 311's Perfect Mistake to a compilation of me dying in the game  :lol Kind of went to the beat of the game

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3467 on: July 07, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
So I ordered a copy of Return to Arkham off ebay which has remastered versions of Arkham asylum and Arkham city. They only sent the one disc for Arkham Asylum  :'(

I'm in the process of resolving that, but regardless, it Still it looks gorgeous on PS4 and still plays just as incredible as it always did 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3468 on: July 08, 2017, 07:52:01 AM »
So I ordered a copy of Return to Arkham off ebay which has remastered versions of Arkham asylum and Arkham city. They only sent the one disc for Arkham Asylum  :'(

I'm in the process of resolving that, but regardless, it Still it looks gorgeous on PS4 and still plays just as incredible as it always did

So it's not it's own dedicated package?  :lol  Great games though

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #3469 on: July 08, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »
So over the last couple of years I had a fair bit of spare time due to a couple of bouts of illness that had me off work for extended periods. I played the shit out of Skyrim on the PS3. Loved it. I'm about level 60 but I ran out of things to do. Only got a few trophies to get - some I can't because of glitches in the game.

My father in law bought me and the boys a PS4 recently and I bought the Witcher 3. Really enjoying this. It's definitely scratching my Skyrim itch. I'm getting obsessed with Gwent...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3470 on: July 10, 2017, 12:25:54 PM »
If Ivan Drago was in Punch Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_aqEejuOf4
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3471 on: July 10, 2017, 07:53:17 PM »
Well, Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age comes out tomorrow.

Looks pretty cool. I am still busy with 15, so I might check out zodiac age later down the line when the price is lower.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #3472 on: July 11, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »
Well, Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age comes out tomorrow.

Looks pretty cool. I am still busy with 15, so I might check out zodiac age later down the line when the price is lower.

Picking it up today! It's the last one I have yet to play & finish out of the numbered entries (except XI)... I'm so excited, I may take the day off tomorrow.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3473 on: July 11, 2017, 09:36:15 AM »
my dad isn't going to have a life until he starts teaching again thanks to XII
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3474 on: July 13, 2017, 04:26:13 PM »
Got my copy of Return to Arkham: Arkham City for PS4 and it is gorgeous and incredibly fun

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #3475 on: July 14, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
I know there aren't a lot of fighting game followers here but the Evo Championships are this weekend if you want to follow some streams. I'm mostly going to be watching the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue channels myself.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3476 on: July 15, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
Been playing Splatoon 2 all day. Its a blast. The game is basically to try and cover as much of the stage with your team's paint color as possible before the timer runs out. You can move super fast on your color and super slow on the opposite team's color. A whole lot of fun.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3477 on: July 18, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »
Looking forward to the upcoming releases.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 8/22
Destiny 2 - 9/6
Nascar Heat 2 - 9/12
Gran Turismo Sport - 10/17
Call of Duty:  WWII - 11/3
Need for Speed: Payback - 11/10
God of War - Early 2018

:2metal:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:38:52 AM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3478 on: July 18, 2017, 11:26:02 AM »
Looking forward to the upcoming releases.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 8/22
Gran Turismo Sport - 10/17
Call of Duty:  WWII - 11/3
Need for Speed: Payback - 11/10
God of War - Early 2018

:2metal:

You forgot Far Cry 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2!

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3479 on: July 18, 2017, 01:09:16 PM »
It's my list, not yours! Buddy boy!!  :p
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3480 on: July 18, 2017, 01:28:36 PM »
 :lol also RDR2 got pushed back so it's really not on my radar personally, although I definitely am highly anticipating that one whenever it makes its way to PC.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3481 on: July 18, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »
Played The Beguinner's Guide last night, damn that was really unconventional and emotion and quite awesome, by the guy who made The Stanley Parable. I also played Year Walk which I couldn't even finish - lots of dumb and bad designed puzzles for the sake of puzzles, cheap jump scares, and an annoying walking system. Shame, because the art direction and the backstory about Traditional Swedish folklore are amazing.

Also started Rule of Rose, which is very intriguing so far and has gorgeous artwork, and OFF, the one Undertale copied a lot from, mostly the color pallete and level design. Interesting so far.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3482 on: July 18, 2017, 09:32:44 PM »
I really liked beginners guide. I sat down with a few drinks one night and played through and was really entertained. I wish there were more games like that out there.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3483 on: July 21, 2017, 11:22:49 AM »
Bought Splatoon 2 today. I am loving it and haven't been this addicted to a game like this in a long time

Is a damn shame it is only for the switch

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #3484 on: July 21, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »
One of my favorite developers Arc System Works announced that two of my favorite fighting series will be in a crazy four way crossover game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4&t=2s

This could be either super awesome or just a mess, but regardless I'm pretty hyped for it. :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3485 on: July 21, 2017, 01:33:46 PM »
@ sacul I thought year walk was okay but kinda forgettable, it's also really short too so

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #3486 on: July 31, 2017, 03:35:37 PM »
Dragon Quest XI has been officially announced for a western release. No word on which platforms it will be on but I'm sure at least the PS4 version will come over.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #3487 on: August 09, 2017, 03:11:39 AM »
I have been hopelessly obsessed with Factorio recently. The game loop is so goddamned addicting I can't stop.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3488 on: August 09, 2017, 05:01:42 AM »
YES! Factorio is the shit. I'm about 80% done building my rocket. I put something like 30 hours into it in a single week, once I started I couldn't stop.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3489 on: August 09, 2017, 06:06:30 AM »
Finally playing the story mode in The Long Dark. Been playing the survival part on and off since 2013, it's such a great survival game that won't hold your hand when you play.  It's pretty unforgiving and "realistic" but so revarding once you get a hang of it.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3490 on: August 10, 2017, 06:10:55 PM »
My brother and I decided that we are going to start doing a game of the month type think. We always had a lot of fun playing games and talking about them so we are going to select a game and discuss it, first month it's going to be Half-Life 2

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3491 on: August 10, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »
Half life 2 is one of my favorite games ever made  :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3492 on: August 10, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
Yup, we are probably going to do Super Mario 64 or Super Mario World after that, I was thinking of starting a thread on here for it but I don't think there would be much interest.

As a side note, I'm playing wow for the first time in years. I'm just doing the first 20 level trial thing to see what's changed from 10+ years ago when I first played.

A lot. A lot has changed.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3493 on: August 11, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
Half life 2 is one of my favorite games ever made  :metal

Would love to play that if they did a re-master for PS4.  :tup

Right now, I'm playing Wolfenstein: The New Order.  A really impressive FPS.  I like it a l o t!!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3494 on: August 12, 2017, 05:44:59 AM »
Sonic Mania has shown up in stores a little earlier than the tuesday release date.

I am bursting with excitement with what I have seen, so what will follow is TOTAL SPOILERS (all zones in the game and thoughts) I don't spoil any of the story (which there's not really anything above just the standard sonic storyline)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This game is awesome. S&K3 will always be my favorite, but this one comes very closes

The stages:

4 New and 8 remixed

The old:

1. Green hill
2. Chemical plant
3. Flying battery
4. Oil Ocean
5. Stardust Speedway
6. Metalic madness
7. Hydrocity
8. Lava reef

- Overall, I think the new remixed act 2's of these zones have been really well done and creative. Hydrocity overall is the only one where it strayed a little too much away from the original level's design, which for me was a perfect blend between out of water speed and in water mechanics. Mania's hydrocity is mostly under water. Oh well, its still pretty cool.

I would have swapped out oil ocean or metallic madness for ice cap, but besides that I am very happy.

The new

9. Studiopolis - Awesome and fun
10. Mirage saloon - Awesome and fun
11. Garden Press zone- ???  this one really sticks out. Its a cool zone with very cool music. But it just doesn't seem to fit in with the overall package. But hey, what evs, I'll take it

12. Titanic Monarch zone- Now this is an interesting one. Its like a neo scrapbrain zone, but not quite as brutal. Its key mechanic (which is probably gonna frustrate a lot of people) was taken from one of sonic 3's mini special stages where theres a ball of energy that you can rotate around and you use to leap to higher spots. A very cool zone.

Overall I love this game. This is the sonic game I have been waiting for since 1994.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3495 on: August 12, 2017, 05:54:20 AM »
Sonic fans are not happy about the PC version being delayed by 2 weeks. I've watched the gameplay videos on Youtube, and I'm mixed on it. Too many Sonic CD elements for my liking, and the new zones are kind of strangely themed. Garden Press Zone is very whatever.
But the foundation is a nice evolution on the Genesis gameplay (and very faithfully recreated), and it was clearly made as a labour of love, and hopefully they get to make an all original game if this does well.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3496 on: August 12, 2017, 06:26:13 AM »
I'm pretty excited to give it a shot, a little disappointed by the delay but I'm looking forward to playing it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3497 on: August 15, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »
Bought sonic mania this morning and have beaten it. It was really great.

The original stages are cool to replay for the most part, but the remixed 2nd act make revisiting the old stuff way more worthwhile. I really like all the new stages, even the bizarre Press garden (which I recently figured out that is a news press garden that makes newspapers). Regardless the music is great and the level is fun so its all good

$20 is the perfect price point, imo. I just hope that Mania is successful enough that Sega just moves the fuck out of the way and let's Christian Whitehead just make a 100% new game in the retro 2D style for Mania 2. After finishing Mania 1, he has definitely proven himself worthy.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3498 on: August 15, 2017, 04:57:53 PM »
Started Day of the Tentacle: Remastered but got stuck so ragequitted and finally begun with Half-Life 2 some days ago. Been having a blast  :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3499 on: August 15, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »
I'm playing Half-Life 2 as well, how far did you get Sacul?