Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 484676 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3220 on: April 10, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »
Yea it'll definitely help.  It's actually amazing how good adobe premeire works on my PC with the GTX 1080 compared to the 770 I had before so I expect your 3d rendering to improve substantially.

I'm surprised there's any difference at all in Premiere, but I use that and the whole Adobe suite a lot, so that's good news. I also want to make more gameplay videos of my own games, but my current card can barely hold the minimum 24fps even at 1024x576 resolution in Unity, which is obviously a big problem. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #3221 on: April 10, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »
I have very limited knowledge when it comes to PCs, especially for gaming. I had not gamed much for probably 5 years, but in the last year and a half I have bought both an Xbox One and PS4, but a few of my buddies and myself are considering dipping our toes into the PC-gaming water. What kind of price range would a guy be looking at to get started, and as I understand, you need to keep updating graphics cards, how often does one need to do that, and what does that cost as well? Keep in mind I wouldn't want top of the line anything, just a solid setup for the types of games I normally play (Battlefield, Skyrim, the Witcher, etc. are what I am playing right now). We are all huge fans of DrDisrespect, so we are interested in getting PCs for games like H1Z1 and Battlegrounds, which looks like a ton of fun, but I'm sure there are dozens of PC only games that I would be interested in as well.

I know this is a very broad question with large price ranges, I'm just trying to get an idea of what I would be getting into if we decided to go any further.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3222 on: April 10, 2017, 01:09:21 PM »
First off, I've been playing PlayerUnknown's Battleground and I absolutely love it! Cheap plug for my Battleground Highlight video

Second, I think you can build a solid gaming PC for around 1k, maybe less.  I built a compact mid level gaming PC for $1000 for my friend.  It included everything like keyboard/monitor EXCEPT I gave him an SSD/HDD combo since I have so many.  I think you could go cheaper as well, I'm a fan of Intel, but AMD is cheaper but still solid.  You can build an AMD based PC and get some pretty sick specs out of it and save some more money off the top with the same specs as Intel. 

Upgrade paths don't need to happen often, but like all tech, there is always something new.  I would say you can go 3 years on your graphics card before you'd want to upgrade and maybe 5 years before you'd start needing to upgrade.  But that also depends on usage, what games you are playing, do you need 100+ fps? All those goodies.  There is a lot of freedom and wiggle room when building your own PC compared to using a console.  Whatever you do build though, it'll likely perform better than a console.  :biggrin:  I absolutely love PC gaming and have a really hard time playing a console now since I am so spoiled.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3223 on: April 10, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »
yeah I'm a digital backer of yooka laylee as well, already got my steam key activated and I am ready

Have never really played banjo kazooie but I dig 3d collectathon platformers so

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3224 on: April 10, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »
I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd love another Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts game (or yooka laylee). 

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #3225 on: April 10, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
First off, I've been playing PlayerUnknown's Battleground and I absolutely love it! Cheap plug for my Battleground Highlight video

Second, I think you can build a solid gaming PC for around 1k, maybe less.  I built a compact mid level gaming PC for $1000 for my friend.  It included everything like keyboard/monitor EXCEPT I gave him an SSD/HDD combo since I have so many.  I think you could go cheaper as well, I'm a fan of Intel, but AMD is cheaper but still solid.  You can build an AMD based PC and get some pretty sick specs out of it and save some more money off the top with the same specs as Intel. 

Upgrade paths don't need to happen often, but like all tech, there is always something new.  I would say you can go 3 years on your graphics card before you'd want to upgrade and maybe 5 years before you'd start needing to upgrade.  But that also depends on usage, what games you are playing, do you need 100+ fps? All those goodies.  There is a lot of freedom and wiggle room when building your own PC compared to using a console.  Whatever you do build though, it'll likely perform better than a console.  :biggrin:  I absolutely love PC gaming and have a really hard time playing a console now since I am so spoiled.

Wow, thanks Cram!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3226 on: April 10, 2017, 02:22:17 PM »
I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd love another Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts game (or yooka laylee).

I also would love to have one. I had sold my 360 before nuts and bolts came out and it exists only on that console. So its a game I have watched from afar for a long long time, but from what little I played of a friend's copy, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like another.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3227 on: April 10, 2017, 02:29:45 PM »

I also would love to have one. I had sold my 360 before nuts and bolts came out and it exists only on that console. So its a game I have watched from afar for a long long time, but from what little I played of a friend's copy, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like another.

The game was free with my 360 and a total afterthought.  I had the game for years before I even took it out of the case and was pleasantly surprised and hooked instantly once I started playing.  I think a lot here weren't fans when it made my top 20 list, but I love the uniqueness of the game plus the custom vehicle designs.  Such a cool concept.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3228 on: April 10, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »
Cramx3 hit the nail on the head with the build. You can get a great build for sub $1k. PC gaming is all I've really known most of my life.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3229 on: April 10, 2017, 05:19:04 PM »
Missed those questions and responses, which are totally in my wheelhouse... Agreed on Cram hitting it on the head, and yeah even with counting the peripherals, you can absolutely build a very respectable PC gaming rig, and one that will blow any console right out of the water, for under 1K. A GTX 1060 would be perfect for an intro to higher-ish-end gaming (in comparison to PC high-end, in comparison to consoles it'd be godly) but still blow your mind with what it can do coming from pure console gaming. Hell, a 1050 would suffice but if you really want to hit the ground running, a 1060 is the way to go. Not insanely priced but it's sufficient enough to plow through the aforementioned games at a much higher FPS than consoles on top of being future proof for at least a couple years. 8 GB of RAM would suffice but if you want some future proofing along with complete peace of mind with multi-tasking, 16 GB is the sweet spot. I'd say with gaming in mind, those two along with the CPU (dual-core, quad-core? Intel, AMD? etc.) are by far the most important.

I've been building very simple PCs most of my life but recently got into doing liquid cooling and more custom modding on top of extremely high end gaming and I love the hell out of it, to say the very least. I'm an addict by nature and since I'm clean...I have absolutely replaced that addiction with PC building.  :lol There's worse alternatives; but it's kind of stupid to think that in the past two months I've built 5 PCs for family, friends and a portable one for myself.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3230 on: April 10, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »
I definitely wouldnt say I'm an expert at PC building, but I will say that I take a lot of pride in my PC as do most builders so there is always that positive to go along with PC gaming, it's your baby!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3231 on: April 10, 2017, 05:38:52 PM »
Definitely. Even if you don't go crazy with modding and just put the pieces together, it's extremely rewarding to be able to make it your own in how it looks, how it performs and if you put some time into learning the ins and outs (and subsequently is in my eyes the most valuable aspect), you can (hopefully) fix anything in the PC should something go wrong and not have to rely on some company that will ream you just to fix it (and send it off without knowing what they'll do or what condition it'll be in when it returns). Even though pre-build PCs have come a VERY long way since the boom of PCs years ago, it's the knowledge that comes with building along with the experience itself.

I've found myself building for others just for the sake of doing so because I like it so much. :tup (on the other side of that same token I've also been hellishly infuriated sometimes during a build, mostly with the tubing of liquid cooled systems...only to come out even more satisfied than with one that was simple and easy)

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3232 on: April 10, 2017, 11:36:01 PM »
yeah I'm a digital backer of yooka laylee as well, already got my steam key activated and I am ready

Have never really played banjo kazooie but I dig 3d collectathon platformers so

Imo Banjo Kazooie is the best of them. Banjo Tooie was also very good, but I felt it got a bit much with all the new moves and the back and forth to complete the levels, and Donkey Kong 64 went even further in that direction and a lot of the gameplay elements just weren't fun to me. Banjo Kazooie is the only one I really enjoy replaying now.

I got given that game, and at first it seemed like it was going to be a lot of fun, but I quickly gave up on it. After getting the first jigsaw piece (or whatever it was), I wandered around the level maybe an hour trying to figure out what else there was to do, only to find there was literally nothing to do. I had to leave the level and go back into a different but exactly the same level to do some race or something. Eventually I unlocked a proper second level, which was terrible, and never played it again. The whole game was a confused mess that couldn't figure out whether it wanted to be a platformer or a racing game, and failed at both imo.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #3233 on: April 11, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
Back in 2013/2014, I returned to Banjo Kazooie after not giving it a fair shot as a kid and wound up loving it. Tooie, on the other hand, I put down about halfway through. The levels were too big and confusing enough on their own, but the interconnectedness of them just made it worse.

Yooka-Laylee, I've been excited for for quite some time, but all the middling reviews and all the footage I'm seeing of the frustrating parts are making me want to wait for a price drop. And the levels look like they're way too huge again.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3234 on: April 12, 2017, 04:56:23 AM »
SW Battlefront II  info and first trailer

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-battlefront-iis-first-trailer-leaks-1794239046

Looks like there is a single player campaign so that's already a step in the right direction. I am not going to get my hopes up too much though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3235 on: April 12, 2017, 08:11:46 AM »

Looks like there is a single player campaign so that's already a step in the right direction. I am not going to get my hopes up too much though.

Nice.  I honestly liked the first one but it was just lacking in content.  The graphics and gameplay where great.  A single player mode in the star wars universe was much needed so it's good to see they picked up on this big fan complaint. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3236 on: April 12, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
Back in 2013/2014, I returned to Banjo Kazooie after not giving it a fair shot as a kid and wound up loving it. Tooie, on the other hand, I put down about halfway through. The levels were too big and confusing enough on their own, but the interconnectedness of them just made it worse.

Yooka-Laylee, I've been excited for for quite some time, but all the middling reviews and all the footage I'm seeing of the frustrating parts are making me want to wait for a price drop. And the levels look like they're way too huge again.
I backed it so price was like, $15 for digital then  :lol

I'm enjoying it so far, world 1 at least is pretty big but im fine with that, the minigames suck as usual though

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3237 on: April 12, 2017, 01:32:44 PM »

Nice.  I honestly liked the first one but it was just lacking in content.  The graphics and gameplay where great.  A single player mode in the star wars universe was much needed so it's good to see they picked up on this big fan complaint.

PSVR users are begging for a light saber fighting game.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #3238 on: April 14, 2017, 02:32:47 AM »
I have been playing The Witcher 3 with slow but steady pace, and i have loved every minute of it so far!

I just have to say that Pricilla singing "The Wolven Storm" in the bar, is the best moment ever captured into a video game! Love it! :tup

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3239 on: April 14, 2017, 05:08:19 AM »
I'm making my way through the Witcher as well, still a long way to go.

I've also been playing a lot of the new game mode on Overwatch. It's a lot of fun.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3240 on: April 15, 2017, 04:50:46 PM »
Also, I ended up purchasing the Logitech G933 headphones and received them this past weekend.  I did an unboxing and comparison to my old G930 video, but I need to edit it and whatnot so maybe next week it'll be done.  But got to say there was an immediate notice of better sound and the physical quality of the headphones is much better.  The LEDs are very cool too.  I read that the Razer product could not be used while charging which is ridiculous and the #1 reason I stuck with Logitech.

Spent my morning working on this video and now it's complete

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3241 on: April 15, 2017, 05:39:38 PM »
That headset is no joke

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3242 on: April 17, 2017, 11:54:08 PM »
Made a short highlight reel for some of my plays as McCree in Overwatch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWpkYuQknt4
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3243 on: April 18, 2017, 04:54:33 AM »
McCree is one character I haven't spent much time with.

We should play together MJ.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3244 on: April 18, 2017, 07:08:10 AM »
I havent played OW in awhile, but I also hardly ever played McCree, those were some nice kills.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3245 on: April 18, 2017, 09:07:27 AM »

What's your battlenet name?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3246 on: April 18, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »

ReaperKK

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3247 on: April 19, 2017, 12:05:51 AM »

ReaperKK
Aren't there numbers attached to it? Mine's Gozer#1432
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:35:53 PM by MetalJunkie »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3248 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59:07 AM »
Yea your right, ReaperKK#1412

I'll be on probably every night this week.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3249 on: April 19, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »

ReaperKK
Aren't their numbers attached to it? Mine's Gozer#1432

I just added you

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3250 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:21 PM »
Oh God, that's the first time I've ever made the "their/there" mistake. I was tired, don't hate me.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3251 on: April 19, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »
Sorry o had to run off, had to walk the dog.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3252 on: April 21, 2017, 07:11:08 AM »
Rumor has it that the snes classic is getting released this holiday season. I'm sure Nintendo will not have enough in supply and I'll miss my chance getting it like the Nintendo classic. Why does Nintendo hate money?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3253 on: April 21, 2017, 07:13:52 AM »
Why does Nintendo hate money?

I am asking this same exact question myself. I am ready right here, right now to buy a switch, but yet, its nowhere to be found. And I was gonna get that classic NES but again nowhere to be found and discontinued as well. lame

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3254 on: April 21, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »
Yea, I'm wondering if they bundle the classic with the snes classic if that happens.

Here is the thing, I want a switch but they want is dying down and chances are by the time I can get my hands on one I probably won't care enough to get it.