Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 483746 times)

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1260 on: June 23, 2015, 10:30:52 PM »
What kind of game are you looking for?

Although the story obviously got rushed for launch, I would say the new Infamous was an amazing title as far as gameplay, perhaps the best yet for PS4. And since it's a PS exclusive, it will make it fresh for you, and even better.

Witcher III is incredible if you love open world adventure, cannot recommend it enough.

Destiny if you want your soul to get sucked with your friends and you enjoy shooting things.

i've been told to get the witcher by pretty  much everyone. i guess i have to get on that.

i'm getting a ps4 on wednesday. this marks the first time since 2009 that i've been a sony guy. so, what games should i get? anything good on the psn?

GTA-V

oh, u know i'm getting gta.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1261 on: June 24, 2015, 12:40:42 AM »
Man, Rocksteady really dropped the ball on that Arkham Knight PC release.

Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1262 on: June 24, 2015, 06:48:52 AM »
Have the console reviews been negative as well?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1263 on: June 24, 2015, 08:05:25 AM »
No.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1264 on: June 24, 2015, 08:07:43 AM »
Okay, good. I intend to get Batman whenever the "Definitive Edition" or whatnot is released with all the content.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1265 on: June 24, 2015, 08:39:21 AM »
Game these days are developed for consoles first and then later ported to PC. If a developer does a half-assed job of it, problems like this can arise. It looks like they've rushed it out the door so that they could release it on all platforms simultaneously.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1266 on: June 24, 2015, 02:06:49 PM »
I never buy games at release anyway, so by the time I get it I'm sure (most of) the bugs will have been ironed out.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1267 on: June 24, 2015, 02:14:06 PM »
Master Chief Collection came in the mail today, amped to finally get my Halo back on! Just really wish Reach was on it as well even though it makes complete sense as to why it wouldn't be on it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1268 on: June 24, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »
Yea including Reach would have been clutch cause that was my favorite multiplayer

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1269 on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:23 PM »
Shit was so serious Warner Bros suspended the sales of the PC version of Arkham Knight  :facepalm:
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1270 on: June 25, 2015, 12:01:09 AM »
Amazon finally charged me for the PS4 about an hour ago, and the good news is pay day is tomorrow so my bank account will just go right back to where it was in the morning. Good on me for not buying anything unnecessary of the past few weeks.  :lol

Now I play the waiting game...
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline adace

« Reply #1271 on: June 25, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »
Witcher 3 patch 1.05 is out for consoles. Fingers crossed that it fixes my sprinting problem.

Edit: No luck. :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:00:36 PM by adace »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1272 on: June 26, 2015, 02:10:45 AM »
Bought Dying Light during the steam sale. I'm really enjoying it because it's easy to get into. Having played a bunch of "hardcore" survival zombie games this feels like a nice break.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1273 on: June 26, 2015, 07:33:30 AM »
So I don't know about PC but the console version of Arkham Knight is great fun. I have some guesses about who the Arkham Knight is, but honestly if I'm right they are being a bit heavy handed with clues.

My thinking:

AK is Damian Wayne or Dick Grayson (or whoever Robin is). If it's Damian, it makes perfect sense that he would be so familiar with Batman's abilities, that he would know about Oracle, that he calls Batman "old man"... however it could just as easily be Robin for many of the same reasons, and we've seen that Robin is a little miffed about not being involved, and of course if it's Damian his motivation would be jealousy OF Robin. 

...my name is Araragi.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1274 on: June 26, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »
Made a couple of 4K wallpapers for my phone.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1275 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
So I don't know about PC but the console version of Arkham Knight is great fun. I have some guesses about who the Arkham Knight is, but honestly if I'm right they are being a bit heavy handed with clues.
Possible spoilers

My friend said he was disappointed with the amount of bosses, considering the game's size. He said there was so much time dedicated to monotonous Arkham Knight towers or side quests or something, when some of it could have been dedicated to side bosses like in Arkham City (Hush, Deadshot, etc.)

What are your thoughts on that?

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1276 on: June 26, 2015, 10:06:16 AM »
Nothing yet as I'm not very far. I'll see what I think when I finish it.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1277 on: June 26, 2015, 03:35:03 PM »
Playing through the original Half-Life for the first time, have about 6 or 7 hours in the game. Lot longer than I thought it would be, and there's some pretty hard shit in there. It's been fun.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline adace

« Reply #1278 on: June 28, 2015, 04:31:42 AM »
Finally figured out what was causing the glitches in Witcher 3. Very happy to be able to play it normally once again.

Also been playing a bit of Mirror's Edge for the first time. Really exciting, fun gameplay. And the cityscape is beautiful.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1279 on: June 28, 2015, 05:02:01 AM »
Playing through the original Half-Life for the first time, have about 6 or 7 hours in the game. Lot longer than I thought it would be, and there's some pretty hard shit in there. It's been fun.
I have fond memories of my first playthrough of HL. First time I felt myself being in a story. You should check out the Black Mesa mod on steam.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1280 on: June 29, 2015, 07:17:54 AM »
I originally got Half-Life many years ago (not when it first came out, probably a handful of years later) but never got very far. Then played it again 2-3 years ago, and again found myself getting stuck/bored too easily, and never got more than about a third of the way through.

Anyway last couple of weeks I finally played it properly, plus the Opposing Force and Blue Shift expansions.

Pretty good game overall - I can see that it was hugely innovative and influential in terms of narrative within FPS games, but in the main game itself, playing it now, I actually thought the narrative could have been stronger. So many key things could easily have been missed (and some I did miss) by looking the wrong way at a particular moment, or not being near enough to a speaker/radio to hear what's going on.

That said, putting the game and expansion packs together creates a really good narrative.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1281 on: June 29, 2015, 09:46:59 AM »
After all the Batman talk, I finally started playing Arkham Origins.  So far pretty good, but not much different compared to the other Batman games.  However, as with the old ones, the combat system is really fun!

Offline LABratlLuke219

« Reply #1282 on: June 29, 2015, 11:06:59 AM »
Hey, anyone on xbox one/360? if so and you wanna play stuff just send me a friend request or follow me at LukeByrne1999 (might change username soon so ill update this if so). Make sure to message me to so i know your from this forum :D
Happy Gaming  :metal

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1283 on: June 29, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »
I have just finished To The Moon. Oh boy, the feels :'(

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #1284 on: June 30, 2015, 03:07:01 AM »
Oh yeah, To The Moon was probably one of the greatest experiences I had so far. The storyline is just beautiful and it absolutely blew my mind throughout the game.

Offline adace

« Reply #1285 on: July 01, 2015, 03:44:38 AM »
Finally got Arkham Knight in the mail. Fantastic game. The Batmobile just adds so much variety to the formula. Haven't finished it yet but I have a strong feeling this'll be my favorite Batman game.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #1286 on: July 01, 2015, 12:13:35 PM »
Welcome to Mario Kart!: https://i.imgur.com/o0Z24in.gifv
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1287 on: July 02, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »
Why are we still calling these things Video-games, though? Nowadays they're either played on pc or on some form of console....  :\
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1288 on: July 02, 2015, 01:02:02 AM »
Why are we still calling these things Video-games, though? Nowadays they're either played on pc or on some form of console....  :\

They're games that output a video signal. They've always been played via some kind of computer or console (albeit primitive). Don't overthink it. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1289 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
It finally showed up. This is my day now.  :biggrin:

Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1290 on: July 02, 2015, 11:35:20 AM »

They're games that output a video signal. They've always been played via some kind of computer or console (albeit primitive). Don't overthink it. :lol

Ocular/Tympanic Immersion Entertainment Interface

Sick console, Nel.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1291 on: July 02, 2015, 11:39:33 AM »

Ocular/Tympanic Immersion Entertainment Interface

And if that super catchy name isn't quite catchy enough, you could shorten it to the even catchier OTIEI!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1292 on: July 03, 2015, 07:09:02 PM »
Haven't played video games in a few years now. I have a 360 and mostly played sports games, dabbled a little with ES Oblivion (got frustrated by the combat system) and loved the first Dragon Age. Recently been considering getting a PS4 for games like Witcher, DA Inquisition and ES Online. I've read the love for Witcher here but there hasn't been much talk of ES Online, especially considerig how much Skyrim was loved here or DA. Anybody played these, or have thoughts on them?

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1293 on: July 03, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »
Finished Arkham Knight today, recently got Titan's Souls and Pillars of Eternity on Steam. Beat the first few bosses in Titan's Souls but the boss I'm on now is very difficult. Pillars of Eternity is also extremely difficult, I've never really been good at isometric RPGs but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1294 on: July 04, 2015, 02:35:12 AM »
I like ESO.  They botched the PC launch, and I think the negative reviews of that are hurting the console versions.  If you like MMORPGs and Skyrim, you should like ESO.  The biggest complaint I have is that alchemy is pretty worthless as you won't level it fast enough and you loot a lot of better recovery potions than you can make.