Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 283541 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #3605 on: October 21, 2020, 05:15:33 PM »
I don't like the idea of a friend zone as the boys call it, but my initial intention is just to know her better anyway and worst case scenario is I have a cool new friend I can talk about some stuff with :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3606 on: November 09, 2020, 02:35:52 PM »
So remember how I talked myself into thinking that girl isn't interested? I could be totally off base here, but over the last few weeks she regularly messages me out of the blue asking how my day is going/weekend was/random shit like her dinner, or launching into a tirade about something that she found funny/annoying. Now, I might be completely CLUELESS, but that always confuses me when it comes from a girl I'm into. At the same time, I've had a girl from my past tell me just today she wants to be with me, especially in the future when she's back in the area, and she's batshit crazy so I'm like whooooooa hold up  :lol :lol I cast my net out to a few other girls, too; none have been as receptive as girl #1, though, but they're all nice.

All that leads me to the big roadblock of 2020-2021: how the hell are you supposed to date anybody during this pandemic?! What do you do for dates? Gonna have to get 1950s with it and have a damn picnic I guess.  :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3607 on: November 09, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
She might be scared to follow through, but that chick is at least mildly digging you.   

As for dating, got me.  Might as well as me to explain a black hole or a supernova.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3608 on: November 09, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »
You think? It'd be nice.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3609 on: November 09, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
I couldn't tell you how dating would work during this era, but if you got along well enough through chatting, at some point I'd imagine you'd both be comfortable with meeting up for like a coffee outside or something like that.  I'd be totally cool just doing a walk in the park or something as well on a first date, even wear a mask if necessary or to make us both feel comfortable.  I certainly am not going to kiss with a mask on though  :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3610 on: November 09, 2020, 03:04:23 PM »
I met my lady during COVID.

It was a bit odd at first. Lots of texting led to phone calls and face time. I strongly suggest FaceTime. It really helps weed out the people you’re not gonna feel comfy with.

Eventually we met up. First date was just a long walk and visit to a lovely park with masks. Second date we felt safe enough to visit her place with no masks. Cooked dinner together.

It’s hard at the beginning and you have to be creative. Most traditional early dates don’t work right now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3611 on: November 09, 2020, 07:34:57 PM »
She might be scared to follow through, but that chick is at least mildly digging you.   

As for dating, got me.  Might as well as me to explain a black hole or a supernova.

Or politics :neverusethis:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3612 on: November 09, 2020, 08:13:09 PM »
Um so, girl in question asked me out on a date out of the blue  :rollin

Ya boy is back!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3613 on: November 09, 2020, 08:16:49 PM »
Um so, girl in question asked me out on a date out of the blue  :rollin

Ya boy is back!!

Please resort back to my previous advice.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3614 on: November 09, 2020, 10:17:16 PM »
  :lol

That made my night honestly. The being asked out. I think that's the first time the girl has asked me. Wow  :biggrin:

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3615 on: November 10, 2020, 06:00:28 AM »
your date: "yeah, so, this guy is never gonna figure out that I like him. I message him randomly, we talk about cute shit, I take interest in him, and he still hasn't asked me out."
her friend: "sounds like you should ask him out yourself and find out"
your date: "yeah but what if he hasn't asked because he just doesn't like me ??? he'd have to be really clueless not to notice that I obviously like him. oh well let's find out!"

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3616 on: November 10, 2020, 06:41:30 AM »
 :rollin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3617 on: November 10, 2020, 07:07:44 AM »
 :lol congrats on getting a date with the girl you like

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3618 on: November 10, 2020, 08:04:34 AM »
Yeah, good luck.  Congratulations!   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3619 on: November 10, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »
Also, for the female asking you out, I'm starting to think that is going to be more common.  My last x actually asked me to be her bf.  Kind of surprised me, but I think lots of the females today have no issue letting a guy know what they want.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3620 on: November 10, 2020, 08:11:14 AM »
Also, for the female asking you out, I'm starting to think that is going to be more common.  My last x actually asked me to be her bf.  Kind of surprised me, but I think lots of the females today have no issue letting a guy know what they want.

I for one have ZERO problem with that. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3621 on: November 10, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »
I have double zero problem with that.  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3622 on: November 10, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »
I've had a couple women ask me out. Had one even walk up to me out of the blue in a restaurant and give me her number, lol.

I 100% prefer that, since for most of my life I didn't understand how to read their subtle interest queues. I do now, but it took a very long time to figure it out.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3623 on: November 10, 2020, 08:36:51 AM »
The last time I got on Bumble, some 11 months ago or so, I just said the hell with it and just started asking out every girl I matched with. Didn't matter if we were only 3 lines in. The amount that responded with a yes was shocking to me.   

My last GF/GF/partial ex/kind of maybe fiancé paid the tab on our first date. That one through me for a ringer.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3624 on: November 10, 2020, 09:03:17 AM »
The last time I got on Bumble, some 11 months ago or so, I just said the hell with it and just started asking out every girl I matched with. Didn't matter if we were only 3 lines in. The amount that responded with a yes was shocking to me.   
I can't remember why I bothered reading it since I'm married, but I read something about how to have success in online dating and the #1 thing was to actually ask the person out on a date. Apparently most people chat for a little while and it peters out without anyone actually asking to meet. I'm going to guess that so few men actually ask a woman out through online dating that most will say yes to almost anyone who seems half decent just to have something real to judge you on instead of just a few messages.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3625 on: November 10, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »
With online dating, I would chat over the course of 3 days and then ask if they wanted to meet in person.

Pre covid, people were fine meeting in person for the first date, but if someone didn't want to meet I was prepared to ask them if they wanted to talk on the phone. Either way, it was important to progress it beyond just messaging.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3626 on: November 10, 2020, 11:16:39 AM »

My last GF/GF/partial ex/kind of maybe fiancé paid the tab on our first date. That one through me for a ringer.

Wait, wut?   :) :)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3627 on: November 10, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »

It's a very unhealthily relationship  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3628 on: November 10, 2020, 12:07:44 PM »

I'm not here to judge.  :)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3629 on: November 10, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »
Kind of surprised me, but I think lots of the females today have no issue letting a guy know what they want.
The next guy who dates any of my friends can thank me for that, I've been spreading the good word about asking men out first for years now :hat it's a super hack. Even if he's not interested right now/going through something, he's definitely gonna remember you.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3630 on: November 10, 2020, 12:14:36 PM »

I'm not here to judge.  :)

Oh feel free. I'll be the first to admit it's batshit crazy. I judge myself very harshly for it, and I expect other do the same  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3631 on: November 10, 2020, 12:17:03 PM »
Hey, some cute guys are actually shy.  Right Milena?  Doesn't hurt at all for a girl to ask. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3632 on: November 10, 2020, 12:17:52 PM »
Yup, they're still not used to being asked, or being told you are interested in them. It's a good way to stand out  :yarr

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3633 on: November 10, 2020, 01:18:02 PM »
Honestly yeah, I was taken aback when she asked me before I asked her. Fortunately she seems to be the kind of girl who gives the finger to normal traditions. pls more of that in the world ty :metal

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3634 on: November 10, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »
I find strait forwardness a huge turn on honestly. Trying to figure out why someone is upset only for them to say "you know what you did" or total silent treatment is pretty lame.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #3635 on: November 10, 2020, 06:28:50 PM »
your date: "yeah, so, this guy is never gonna figure out that I like him. I message him randomly, we talk about cute shit, I take interest in him, and he still hasn't asked me out."
her friend: "sounds like you should ask him out yourself and find out"
your date: "yeah but what if he hasn't asked because he just doesn't like me ??? he'd have to be really clueless not to notice that I obviously like him. oh well let's find out!"

I've seen too many romcom manga series where it's played out very similar to this.  It frustrates me as a reader.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3636 on: November 11, 2020, 07:47:07 AM »
Kind of surprised me, but I think lots of the females today have no issue letting a guy know what they want.
The next guy who dates any of my friends can thank me for that, I've been spreading the good word about asking men out first for years now :hat it's a super hack. Even if he's not interested right now/going through something, he's definitely gonna remember you.

I love it; it shifts the dynamic a bit - now I'm in the position of having to give the "it's not you, it's me" speech if it comes to that - but for me, who is not a wallflower and is attracted to women who aren't wallflowers, it's a positive thing for any relationship, and it sets the tone.   

Offline H2

« Reply #3637 on: November 12, 2020, 12:04:29 PM »
Back to the singles thread. Well, could've been here for about 3 years. How's it going?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3638 on: November 12, 2020, 12:08:14 PM »
Back to the singles thread. Well, could've been here for about 3 years. How's it going?

Not even trying personally

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3639 on: November 12, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »
Waiting for the right moment.