Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 279359 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #3430 on: August 12, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »
And regardless of her height, I'm sure she'll be tall enough to ride :eyebrows:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3431 on: August 12, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
Adami! Have fun!

Remember... no matter how tempting... you CANNOT use short people as an armrest... without their consent!

Stop ruining my excitement!

I think when I told Bout to Crash about it, she was just like 'OMG HIT THAT!"

Some people. ....
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3432 on: August 12, 2019, 04:12:35 PM »
 :lol I'd assume she's got a cool personality if you are willing to meet someone after so long, so who cares about the height if she's cool.  Have fun and be loose.

Online Adami

« Reply #3433 on: August 12, 2019, 04:18:33 PM »
:lol I'd assume she's got a cool personality if you are willing to meet someone after so long, so who cares about the height if she's cool.  Have fun and be loose.

Oh it's not that I've waited for any grand reason. I just kept moving and wasn't in a position to start anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3434 on: August 12, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »
So Jackie. I love it. 

Adami, I know you enough that your mind will be on overdrive.  Enjoy the moment and analyze after.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #3435 on: August 12, 2019, 05:01:35 PM »
So Jackie. I love it. 

Adami, I know you enough that your mind will be on overdrive.  Enjoy the moment and analyze after.

It’s cool. I don’t stress the little things.

I’ll see you all in hell.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3436 on: August 12, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »
I love you too baby.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3437 on: August 12, 2019, 05:40:49 PM »

Oh it's not that I've waited for any grand reason. I just kept moving and wasn't in a position to start anything.

Wasnt implying a reason for waiting until now just more so that being out of the game for so long can make it feel like a hurdle or maybe put too much pressure on yourself.  Have fun and be loose.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #3438 on: August 12, 2019, 07:06:14 PM »
<Suspicious look> What's your favorite prime number?

:) :) :)

17 because it's still a prime number when re-ordered

So is 3

As is 13.

Btw, to all of yous that states how long since your first date, I have never been on one.  That's pretty sad honestly and the way life is going for me, I don't think that's going to change, but that's all right.  I got a lot of good things going for me to be in a committed relationship right now.

Online Adami

« Reply #3439 on: August 12, 2019, 07:07:07 PM »
And four!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3440 on: August 14, 2019, 09:47:37 AM »
Do we just not lock the old threads when they get too massive anymore?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #3441 on: August 14, 2019, 05:36:11 PM »
I mean, this is a five year old thread.  If the mods want to get a fresh start on this topic, they are free to do so.

Offline H2

« Reply #3442 on: August 14, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »
[pls delete]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:57:16 PM by H2 »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3443 on: August 14, 2019, 10:12:25 PM »
They used to lock old threads because long threads used to give the forum a heart attack.. But think that issue was resolved.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

« Reply #3444 on: August 14, 2019, 10:21:30 PM »
So went on my date with the 3'11 girl this evening.

She is very cool, very funny, very nice. Sadly, I just wasn't feeling it on a romantic level. Hoping we can be friends though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3445 on: September 22, 2019, 04:04:36 PM »
Sooo just got a message on IG from my high school gf, haven't seen or spoken in at least 10 years, saying "Happy birthday! I still remember your 18 lol   :laugh:"

which is in reference to us both losing our virginity together on my 18th birthday.  She's married with a kid.  I'm so confused, but honestly curious now. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3446 on: September 22, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »
I'm calling it now:  She's feeling a little restless and frustrated.  Hubby was a BMOC back in college, right out of school.  She's a mom, appropriately mature... and hubby still thinks he's 23 and a "BMOC", which, at 35, translates to "Big D*** At Home". She's home with the kids while he's out golfing with his bros, and found this cool thing called "FACEBOOK".  Now she can reach out without reaching out.   Seen it once, seen it 1,000 times. 

(And by the way, that's no dis on you, Cram; clearly if she's thinking about you, you left an impression. So to speak.)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3447 on: September 22, 2019, 05:31:18 PM »
Nah not at all, I'm not surprised you are stating that because its kind of what I think too.  I'm chatting with her now, she finally mentioned her husband, was waiting to see how long it took if it all.  I'm not interested, but I don't mind being friendly and seeing what's up.  I'm definitely curious since it's so random too and no harm no foul.  I'd feel terrible getting involved with someone who's married, even if not happily when there is a kid involved. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3448 on: September 22, 2019, 05:36:47 PM »
I got jiggy with a girl who had a crush on me for 11 years a week after her husband went to jail so maybe just wait for him to defraud the elderly and go for it  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3449 on: September 22, 2019, 06:24:56 PM »
Sleeping with a married woman was probably the worst mistake of my life. It had its issues from the start and got progressively worse from there on out.

I wasn't in a great place at the time in a lot of ways and all of a sudden there's this person love bombing me. I gave in and I still regret it to this day.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3450 on: September 22, 2019, 09:00:44 PM »
and now my recent x just emailed me who I haven't spoken to in 3 months now (been broken up almost 5 months), simple happy birthday message nothing saucy like the other old x.  WTF, this is messing with my head big time today.  I'm sure all this is well meant at the end of the day, but it's really just making me question intentions and why now.  Could it be that I lost ~30lbs and been posting more on social media?  The old x mentioned she saw me traveling a lot.  I blocked my recent x because I didn't want to see her since it made me upset, but my IG and youtube are public. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3451 on: September 23, 2019, 05:02:55 AM »
You definitely look better having lost the weight. And I hate when they start sniffing around again after a breakup. The process of breaking up and finally making peace with that crap is profoundly difficult, so I'm not up for another ride down that road. I've always just ignored them and went on with my life.

And all the accumulated resentment from the first time around is still there, so Its just easier starting fresh with someone new, at least for me.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3452 on: September 23, 2019, 05:09:38 AM »
Based on your recent posts, you’ve been having a great time by yourself. Just keep that in mind and don’t let these messages confuse you. Keep doing your thing! :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3453 on: September 23, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »
I am in the worst pickle I think I've ever been in, and I feel like a real piece of shit over it.

I met a girl last Thursday off Bumble, and shes really really awesome. She's 35 (I'm 30) and not insane. We get on really well. We've had sex a number of times now, and she's 100% all in on me. The problem... her size. This sounds bad enough on the surface, and maybe hypocritical because I have a bit of heft, but she's big. Like really big. Cuddling on the couch is not comfortable, I cant get an arm around her, and sex is difficult with her because of it. Positions are very limited and there's only so much I can do on my end because of the way geometry works. I legitimately have a difficult time staying hard because of it, and having to use condoms just exacerbates that problem (little to no feeling). I hate feeling like her weight is the deal breaker, but that's kind of the way it's looking like at this point. I hate saying it, but it's the truth.   

To make me feel even worse, I'm almost 100% sure she's got PCOS. She had ovarian cancer a few years ago and basically had half of her reproductive system removed. Everything I've read about it says severe weight gain is a common result of the condition, along with some other physical markers she has. So in a nutshell, if I walk away from this one, it's basically because she got cancer and then got huge after beating it. 

This is why I hate dating.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3454 on: September 23, 2019, 07:39:42 AM »
Short of the cancer side of things, I went through something similar when I was dating after my divorce.  I actually don't mind whatever the euphemism is these days:  "plus size", "big-boned", whatever, though for me, "proportion" is important.   I met a woman on Match; cute, hip, funny, into music, into politics, fun... and she was clearly struggling with her weight, but it was sort of severely out of proportion.  If you saw her from the waist up, as I did, it was "okay, like most of us, she is on the heavier side of the equation, but nothing unmanageable", if you saw her from the waist down... the same geometry that Chino referenced says that it would be impossible to use one seat on an airplane.  Not a tight fit, but impossible.  We went out a couple times, and sort of morphed into the friend zone (though not irreversibly so) and I felt I made my decision (then I met my current wife, and it seemed like things went the way they are supposed to go).

I ultimately looked at it this way: it's a monumental, but a very personal, decision.  If you can decide not to see someone because it "doesn't feel right" or "you have no spark", but without any discernable reason - which happens all the time - why does that change just because you DO have a reason?  How is this different than ruling someone out for any of 100 other reasons?   I get that your dilemma is feeling "shallow", but you can't control what makes you hard any more than you can control the weather. 

(Just asking, and I realize that condoms have other benefits than just pregnancy, but if she's gone through PCOS are condoms a necessity?)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3455 on: September 23, 2019, 07:45:36 AM »
Thanks for the input. That was good.

(Just asking, and I realize that condoms have other benefits than just pregnancy, but if she's gone through PCOS are condoms a necessity?)

She can still get pregnant. Her periods are just very irregular. She could have two back to back months, and then go 5 without one. She says she usually gets one a quarter, but that's not the rule. Also, STDs scare me. I question anyone that sleeps with me on the first date  :lol and wonder if it's indicative that a lot of guys have been where I am.

The airplane seat thing is all too true. I have a spare ticket to the Book or Mormon in a few weeks at the Bushnell (notoriously cramped seats) and one of my first thoughts with her was "I can't ask her to go because I don't know if she'll fit".

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3456 on: September 23, 2019, 08:02:41 AM »
My piece of advice, just don't let it get too far if you are not invested.

I know this guy who has been "dating" this woman for the past 4 years now. The first year, their sex life was normal, but they have not done anything for the past 3. and it's all because he says she's too big (If i had to estimate shes on the 350 lb territory while her height being no more than 5'5). So, what am saying is, don't overthink it. As Stadler said, you can't control what makes you hard.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3457 on: September 23, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »
Based on your recent posts, you’ve been having a great time by yourself. Just keep that in mind and don’t let these messages confuse you. Keep doing your thing! :metal

Thanks, it's sometimes difficult to see the bigger picture when these small things cloud my view.  I think it's weird that I responded and conversed with the x from high school but ignored my recent x.  Oh well, I should "let it go" as I've spent my entire summer trying to do and only recently have felt like I succeeded in that area only to be put back in place. 

Chino, if you aren't into it, so be it regardless of reason. 

I question anyone that sleeps with me on the first date  :lol and wonder if it's indicative that a lot of guys have been where I am.

This runs through my head as well when a girl sleeps with me on first date.  The girl I slept with at Warped Tour said she never does that, but it honestly didn't take any real effort to get in bed with her.  I really had a hard time believing her, but I only could base it on the fact we banged on essentially a one night stand.  And I most certainly used a condom  :lol

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #3458 on: October 03, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »

Wanting someone you're physically attracted to isn't shallow, and never let anyone guilt trip you into believing otherwise. It would only be "shallow" if physical attraction was the only thing you cared about.

And on that note, I do confess to being shallow.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3459 on: October 04, 2019, 02:12:05 AM »
I question anyone that sleeps with me on the first date  :lol and wonder if it's indicative that a lot of guys have been where I am.

This runs through my head as well when a girl sleeps with me on first date.  The girl I slept with at Warped Tour said she never does that, but it honestly didn't take any real effort to get in bed with her.  I really had a hard time believing her, but I only could base it on the fact we banged on essentially a one night stand.
Would it help you both if I told you most women I know do one night stands as a "bucket list item" a few times and then don't do it so much ever again because generally it's not very good?  :corn sex with men who don't know you isn't as satisfying as relationship sex, unless the chemistry is AMAZING. And if it's amazing, she'll make sure you get her number and address  :zydar:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #3460 on: October 04, 2019, 02:24:47 AM »

This runs through my head as well when a girl sleeps with me on first date.  The girl I slept with at Warped Tour said she never does that, but it honestly didn't take any real effort to get in bed with her.  I really had a hard time believing her, but I only could base it on the fact we banged on essentially a one night stand.
Would it help you both if I told you most women I know do one night stands as a "bucket list item" a few times and then don't do it so much ever again because generally it's not very good?  :corn sex with men who don't know you isn't as satisfying as relationship sex, unless the chemistry is AMAZING. And if it's amazing, she'll make sure you get her number and address  :zydar:
Most female friends I know always tell me most men kinda suck at sex.  :lol So most of the times, one night stands aren't fulfilling at all for them.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3461 on: October 04, 2019, 02:31:02 AM »
Most female friends I know always tell me most men kinda suck at sex.  :lol So most of the times, one night stands aren't fulfilling at all for them.
Lol, your friends are harsher than me  :lol it's just difficult to know a stranger, because they're a stranger. If men's plumbing was 2% more complicated than it already is, most straight women would be "bad at sex" with strangers too. It's just the way it is.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline NunoTenniscourt

« Reply #3462 on: October 04, 2019, 03:47:15 AM »

I think this has more to do with the women you know rather than women in general. Come hang out in my local music scene and try to find women who have had only "a few" one night stands in their lives. Some will flat out admit they have them fairly regularly while others will have them, but try to keep a tight lid on it to maintain their paragon of purity facade.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3463 on: October 04, 2019, 07:06:53 AM »

I think this has more to do with the women you know rather than women in general. Come hang out in my local music scene and try to find women who have had only "a few" one night stands in their lives. Some will flat out admit they have them fairly regularly while others will have them, but try to keep a tight lid on it to maintain their paragon of purity facade.

Or, more likely, because if they didn't society would call them sluts/whores, whereas dudes can get away with such things without so much as a side eye
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline NunoTenniscourt

« Reply #3464 on: October 04, 2019, 07:36:21 AM »

Or, more likely, because if they didn't society would call them sluts/whores, whereas dudes can get away with such things without so much as a side eye

Not true. Men are criticized just as much for being promiscuous, and it's more often from women. The difference is, we don't care.