Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 283539 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #2310 on: May 22, 2016, 08:48:00 AM »
Some people are just boring. Oh well, at least you had a nice time.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2311 on: May 22, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
Fire women :metal

Cram and Dan, glad things went well!! Woo for successful sex!

I'm also weird about the heavy PDA thing unless I'm drunk (in which case literally almost anything goes). A kiss here and there, some hand holding, fine. But I have no desire to make out in public. Maybe she's an exhibitionist!

Dinner party Friday night with Ginger and Husband went very, very well :eyebrows:

I saw the Russian last night and everything is more than fine. I think I just need to chill out with the texting stuff and not read too much into it. We had sushi, then watched a soccer game (he's from Seattle and their team was playing our team last night- funny thing was I ALMOST wore his team's colors not even knowing them, but ended up wearing a Rapids-colored Opeth shirt instead :lol). I met a couple of his friends that seemed cool. Then we went back to his place and watched It Follows, and what better movie to fuck after?
I literally had to drag myself out of his bed (he kept pulling me back in) to go home and feed the cats, plus I have a breakfast this morning close to home, so I figured it would be easier. Reallllly hard to leave though! We talked about maybe getting a beer Monday depending on his schedule but if not I won't see him for a whIle (rest of my week is full and he will be in Tahoe for the holiday weekend). *shrug*... I will survive. I feel a bit more secure about the whole thing for now.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2312 on: May 22, 2016, 11:55:45 AM »
I just knew the Russian wasn't ignoring you. I've found that some people want to text more than others. I'm okay with it either way, but I totally get how a difference between two people can cause miscommunication. But it sounds like you're on the same page now, so you can kinda relax and enjoy things more now that your uncertainty is gone.

I really dig how things are going right now with DTGirl. I have no interest in something resembling a serious relationship, or a boyfriend/girlfriend label. But I haven't gotten that vibe at all. She's mentioned being exclusive if we're gonna have a sexual relationship, but she never mentioned any actual "relationship". She doesn't text me often, and doesn't require much out of me, which is nice. I think she just digs my company and wants some sexy fun times. I know in my head it will end at some point, because I know she's not "the one" for me, long-term. But, I'm also not thinking about it much because I don't feel any pressure from her for it to be more than it is.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2313 on: May 22, 2016, 01:17:26 PM »
Nice Jackie and Sylvan!  :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2314 on: May 22, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »
I started talking to this girl Mavi a few days ago. We've been texting all day today. She's from the Philippines. Very sweet demeanor, sweet smile.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2315 on: May 23, 2016, 09:03:53 AM »
Like, seemingly lacking passion for you, or just in general?

Oh in general. I don't require passion for me on a first date haha. No hobbies really, no subjects she loved to discuss. Just kind of.....there. Like I said, super sweet and nice and really fun to talk to. But she just kind of felt like she was floating through everything. Nothing wrong with that, I just like some fire in my women.

......I like my women on fire.

Pyretta Blaze?

Or Hank Williams, Jr.:  "I like my whiskey on ice and my women... on fire".  GREAT song.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2316 on: May 23, 2016, 09:06:05 AM »
I like my women like I like my coffee... in a styrofoam cup.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2317 on: May 23, 2016, 04:04:04 PM »
I like my women like I like my coffee....ground up and in the freezer.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2318 on: May 23, 2016, 04:25:50 PM »
I'll assume Jackie approved.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2319 on: May 23, 2016, 07:48:43 PM »
:lol

So Russian couldn't hang tonight due to working late, which means I probably won't see him til after his trip, and that's fine. I want to invite him to an event next week but feel a bit apprehensive because he's not as much of a planner.

I had a nice date with the other ladyfriend last night (I don't think she ever got a nickname, but let's call her Knuckles :eyebrows:). Just mellow and good conversation since I had the sniffles and wasn't sure if I was sick or not (probably just allergies at this point since I feel fine). I'm hoping to see her again Sunday.

Tomorrow I have a date with the guy friend who I have only had one real date with and am not that into, but we are gonna watch Six Feet Under :D

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2320 on: May 24, 2016, 05:58:36 AM »
There's one person I have been speaking to for a couple of months now. We met through one of the Left Hand Path groups on Facebook and just started talking about those things we have in common. It really just seemed to be on a friendly basis since we live far away. However, we both have recently brought up the fact that our feelings for each other go deeper than that. She's afraid to let it get too far right now because she is just coming out of a horrible marriage. She's living in a home, with her son, for women who were beaten by their exes. She is going through the process of changing her identity so right now she is under protection of the state. We both know there is something more than friendship there and she hasn't objected to possibly moving to me if that's where the road leads but it's all balanced delicately on a razor's edge. She knows I can't leave here because of my daughter so she knows it would be up to her to make that move. Her parents fell in love that way. He wound up moving from Canada to be with the woman he loved, so she believes in love transcending everything and she loves how touching their love is for each other. Last night she told me she wanted to speak on the phone because she wants to hear my voice so I think later on we'll finally talk.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2321 on: May 24, 2016, 06:49:16 AM »
I feel like moving for someone you've never met before is a bit crazy.  Should skype or something after you get used to talking over the phone. 

Hung out with 23yo last night, nothing crazy, but she is really nice and while we don't text a whole lot, when we see each other we talk very easily.  Kind of just threw the idea of coming over out there thinking she'd say no since it was kind of random (we had previously agreed we'd see each other after my vacation) but she came over later in the evening and chilled for a couple hours.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2322 on: May 24, 2016, 06:56:30 AM »
Her parents fell in love that way. He wound up moving from Canada to be with the woman he loved, so she believes in love transcending everything and she loves how touching their love is for each other.

Just curious, do you know the story behind that? Like how does someone in another country meet a stranger hundred/thousands miles away, communicate enough to fall in love and eventually move their entire life for them, all without the power of the internet? I mean, I'm sure it happened plenty back in the day, but as a 27 year who has seen the internet evolve and how it can be used to establish relationships, it kind of blows my mind.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2323 on: May 24, 2016, 08:29:22 AM »
That's cute and everything, but sounds like that woman does not need another relationship right now. Just sayin'...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2324 on: May 24, 2016, 09:45:14 AM »
That's cute and everything, but sounds like that woman does not need another relationship right now. Just sayin'...

Probably not my place, but I agree 100%.  That's a woman that should be taking one step at a time and making sure each step is firm and from a good place.   Maybe if she already moved to you and wanted to meet people, that's another thing, but this seems like a lot all at once.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2325 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:21 AM »
Exactly. It's easy to want to just escape into a new relationship and new location when you've been through something like that, but the fact is she's been traumatized and her life is a hot mess and she owes it to herself and her kid to not let a relationship with some dude on the Internet (no offense) dictate the direction of their lives.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2326 on: May 24, 2016, 11:39:47 AM »

I feel like moving for someone you've never met before is a bit crazy.  Should skype or something after you get used to talking over the phone. 

Nobody is moving anywhere right now. We haven't spoken on the phone yet. Though, I did bring up the idea of going out there for a weekend to see how well it went actually being together and she loved it.

Probably not my place, but I agree 100%.  That's a woman that should be taking one step at a time and making sure each step is firm and from a good place.   Maybe if she already moved to you and wanted to meet people, that's another thing, but this seems like a lot all at once.

Exactly. It's easy to want to just escape into a new relationship and new location when you've been through something like that, but the fact is she's been traumatized and her life is a hot mess and she owes it to herself and her kid to not let a relationship with some dude on the Internet (no offense) dictate the direction of their lives.

I know, which is why I said this: "She's afraid to let it get too far right now because she is just coming out of a horrible marriage." I don't expect her to just forget what she went through and she knows I'm completely understanding of that. Nobody, especially her, is being pushed to do anything. This has been a completely natural discovery of feelings for her. She even tried to fight it because she knows she's in a difficult place right now and thought it would be better if she stayed away, so we didn't talk for about two weeks. She messaged me saying she missed talking to me, so we started talking again.

Just curious, do you know the story behind that? Like how does someone in another country meet a stranger hundred/thousands miles away, communicate enough to fall in love and eventually move their entire life for them, all without the power of the internet? I mean, I'm sure it happened plenty back in the day, but as a 27 year who has seen the internet evolve and how it can be used to establish relationships, it kind of blows my mind.

When I say her parents, I mean her mother and stepfather. She never met her real father and considers her stepfather her real father since he helped to raise her, so the Internet was around at the time.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2327 on: May 24, 2016, 03:33:33 PM »
I had a nice date with the other ladyfriend last night (I don't think she ever got a nickname, but let's call her Knuckles :eyebrows:).

Does that make you Sonic?

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2328 on: May 25, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
Ohh yeah :eyebrows:

I always wanted to be Tails, though...

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2329 on: May 26, 2016, 07:37:48 AM »
If he has two tails, does that also mean he has two...

Anyway! My date is finally coming up this saturday. We've been really hitting it off on Facebook messenger but I'm still really nervous. I haven't been on a date for several years!  :mehlin
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2330 on: May 26, 2016, 11:57:50 AM »

Anyway! My date is finally coming up this saturday. We've been really hitting it off on Facebook messenger but I'm still really nervous. I haven't been on a date for several years!  :mehlin

Nice, just be yourself! You got it.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... or not.  I can't believe the experience I had last night since this type of thing just doesn't happen to me.  I am very much putting this as a result of my last two months of hard work on getting back in shape (I need a new belt to hold my pants up).  I was walking down the strip, pretty drunk, from the David Copperfield show.  Was going to head back to my hotel room to get a drink before heading back out.  I was standing on an escalator and this cute girl just kind of bumps into me in an attempt to sort of cut me off on the escalator.  She gave me the look, a drunken look of interest  :lol.  Literally five minutes later we are making out and holding hands walking down the strip.  She was obsessed with me.  I've never had a random person so interested in me.  She came back to my hotel room and we had some fun.  This was probably the best looking girl I've been with since college and she was 22.  Anyway, it was kind of upsetting when I walked her back to her hotel knowing I'd never see her again, she lives in Utah and was from Michigan.  I got her instagram as a reminder, but I literally couldn't believe how that happened.  Like I said, things like that just don't happen to me.  I hope something similar happens again tonight  :yarr  Viva Las Vegas!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2331 on: May 26, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »
And that, my friends, is what makes America great.

(Though I have to ask, do you still have your wallet?)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2332 on: May 26, 2016, 12:29:16 PM »
And that, my friends, is what makes America great.

(Though I have to ask, do you still have your wallet?)

:lol yup, actually she saved me from gambling.  Didn't spend a single dollar last night.  She actually offered to buy me a drink, but we didnt need drinks.  I was initially thinking she was going after my money, but wasn't the case.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2333 on: May 26, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »
Wooooo! That's awesome!

Russian is hella busy with school stuff and I haven't been getting much from him, but I get it. I invited him to an event with me next week but he basically said probably not because it's a short week (and he will be busier), so I guess I won't see him til I get back from my road trip in like 1.5-2 weeks, which kinda blows! :(

Hung with Ginger and hubby last night, and going over there for dinner tonight, which should be fun. I like them both a lot and it feels very natural at this point.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2334 on: May 26, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »

Nice, just be yourself! You got it.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... or not.  I can't believe the experience I had last night since this type of thing just doesn't happen to me.  I am very much putting this as a result of my last two months of hard work on getting back in shape (I need a new belt to hold my pants up).  I was walking down the strip, pretty drunk, from the David Copperfield show.  Was going to head back to my hotel room to get a drink before heading back out.  I was standing on an escalator and this cute girl just kind of bumps into me in an attempt to sort of cut me off on the escalator.  She gave me the look, a drunken look of interest  :lol.  Literally five minutes later we are making out and holding hands walking down the strip.  She was obsessed with me.  I've never had a random person so interested in me.  She came back to my hotel room and we had some fun.  This was probably the best looking girl I've been with since college and she was 22.  Anyway, it was kind of upsetting when I walked her back to her hotel knowing I'd never see her again, she lives in Utah and was from Michigan.  I got her instagram as a reminder, but I literally couldn't believe how that happened.  Like I said, things like that just don't happen to me.  I hope something similar happens again tonight  :yarr  Viva Las Vegas!

Well isn't that a whole lot of awesomeness.   :metal

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2335 on: May 29, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »
So my date yesterday went super awesome. :metal She's quite soft spoken but very eloquent and intelligent.

We met up at a bar that I suggested. It's usually a somewhat quiet and cozy place but for some reason they decided to have some soccer match on the TV screens. Neither of us are sport interested AT ALL and when some fan yelled "FUCKING CUNT!!!" at the screen, we decided to find another bar.  :lol We ended up at a pool bar, with a bit more rock music and a band that played. And this is where we ended up making out.  :yarr

So my first date in about three years went very well, I would say!  :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2336 on: May 29, 2016, 08:54:38 AM »
That sounds great. What's the plan for the next date? Has it been discussed yet?

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2337 on: May 29, 2016, 09:25:15 AM »
That sounds great. What's the plan for the next date? Has it been discussed yet?
Not yet, but I'm planning to suggest something to her tonight, like a movie or something. :)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2338 on: May 29, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »
Sounds good. Figure out what you think she would like to see.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2339 on: May 29, 2016, 01:03:20 PM »
So my date yesterday went super awesome. :metal She's quite soft spoken but very eloquent and intelligent.

We met up at a bar that I suggested. It's usually a somewhat quiet and cozy place but for some reason they decided to have some soccer match on the TV screens. Neither of us are sport interested AT ALL and when some fan yelled "FUCKING CUNT!!!" at the screen, we decided to find another bar.  :lol We ended up at a pool bar, with a bit more rock music and a band that played. And this is where we ended up making out.  :yarr

So my first date in about three years went very well, I would say!  :metal

:metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2340 on: May 29, 2016, 01:55:00 PM »
Woooo! Go you!!

I spent Friday night in Fort Collins with a friend I haven't seen in a while who is totally gorgeous and amazing (and also her boyfriend), and... that went well  :hat

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2341 on: June 03, 2016, 08:51:06 AM »
Headed to NYC after work for my second date with Tennessee.  We've still been texting everyday and looking forward to seeing her again.  I think we are getting margaritas and then some dinner.  The weather is crap here today though which is a real downer.  I just hope the PDA is a little less this time, but I'm not sure that's going to be the case if we are boozing this time around.  Just sucks her living situation means she is very unlikely to invite me over afterwards.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2342 on: June 03, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »
PDA makes me kinda uncomfortable too, but I guess there's worse things. It really more so bothers me in a group setting. It bothers me when other people are being selfish and only thinking of themselves when they get all touchy feely when with friends. I don't wanna be that guy either.

I had a date with a polyamorous woman last night. I was intrigued by her, and someone encouraged me to give it a shot ;). She was much younger, and we have some common interests. But literally on my way there, I started thinking to myself, "What am I doing? What do I hope to accomplish with this?" It was fun and all, but she's not my type.

It got me thinking about things. I've been dating someone for a couple months now, and while I KNOW I don't want a long term future with her, she's totally awesome and I like spending time with her. Most importantly, I respect her. And I respect myself and the person I want to be. And that's why I wonder about what I should do to be respectful. I need to be able to explore other options, at least innocent first dates, to best serve my future happiness. She should still be open to the same, and it seems like it would help her to know that. I've had certain feelings before, and I kinda use them as a gauge. I just don't have those intangible feelings, and that's along with the logical reasons we're not good together long term. I told her I like what we've got going, and I'm not really looking for something serious with where I'm at in my life, and things really are in line with that right now. I'm not feeling a push from her for more. But I can see that she likes me, and I don't want that to get to the point where she develops certain feelings and will be hurt when I don't want more. I just feel like the longer we see each other, the closer we get to an inevitable discussion about "Where is this going?"

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2343 on: June 03, 2016, 11:24:34 AM »

I had a date with a polyamorous woman last night. I was intrigued by her, and someone encouraged me to give it a shot ;). She was much younger, and we have some common interests. But literally on my way there, I started thinking to myself, "What am I doing? What do I hope to accomplish with this?" It was fun and all, but she's not my type.

You were hoping to get laid. It happens.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2344 on: June 03, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »
You were hoping to get laid. It happens.

Mostly right, but I was thinking more long term. It just caused a random introspection that threw me off. Let's just say it wasn't worth giving up what I've currently got... whatever that is.