Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 283464 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #2100 on: May 02, 2016, 08:27:02 AM »
And yeah, I think the video store guy is definitely one of those where it will suck if I say something, suck if I don't. We shall see. For now I'm just going to try to remain cool and not spend TOO much time talking to him.

I don't know if he's cool and earnest or just looking for some ass - not that either is bad, necessarily - but I honestly don't see that ending well.  Perhaps you can pull it off but I know for me, I've tried that before and it has always turned out to be - as Jerry Springer would say - "too much baggage". 

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2101 on: May 02, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
You're probably right, but I'm not going to cut off the friendship completely based on the what-ifs. Again, just going to try and not overdo it.

Cram, I would be pissed in that scenario too! Why the fuck do people need to get engaged so quickly?? Also yeah, finding out on Facebook is shitty :(

I have a karaoke date with the Russian on Friday. We will also be meeting a few blocks from where he lives, just in case things get really good :D
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2102 on: May 02, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »
Cram, I would be pissed in that scenario too! Why the fuck do people need to get engaged so quickly?? Also yeah, finding out on Facebook is shitty :(

Apparently my Mom is claiming to have sent an email with a pic of the ring and stuff, but none of my siblings got it  :facepalm:

My mom is not happy at all about this engagement.  My mom said they have only been together for about 3 or 4 months (I was hoping they were dating for awhile without the family knowing) but was told I need to be happy for her, and I guess if she truly is happy then sure... but this feels like a huge mistake and such a rush.  He asked my Dad for permission and he seems like a good guy, but I joked with my mom "Is he going to move in with you now?" for which she joked back, "no, they are both moving in with you!" Neither have steady jobs to support a life together so I have no idea what they are going to do here.  I'd feel better knowing they would be struggling and happy if I actually knew the guy, but having only met him twice I can't say a whole lot more other than I am not happy about it.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2103 on: May 02, 2016, 02:23:29 PM »
I get it, I'm not there, I can't feel the vibe, blah blah blah, but am I the only one that read that last paragraph and can't fucking wait until Sunday?   I love that shit, and for someone to be upfront and somewhat intellectual - as opposed to "you're supposed to just KNOW I want cock/romance/discussion!" - is awesome.  I'd be fired up for Sunday if that was me.

So I texted her back and said, "Fun lol. Somebody's straightforward. I can come over and help you hang that picture sometime ;)." Her response was, "Wow, look at you with all that cute charm. 😎 What you just did right there.... major turn on. I LOVE when a man flirts back and is just as straightforward. Don't lose that. I'll be available Wednesday after work."  :hat

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: May 02, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2105 on: May 02, 2016, 03:17:36 PM »
Man, I don't have a sister, but my brother's girlfriend is terrible relationship material, and not a great person in general. If he came around anytime and said "We're engaged!", I would not hold back my opinion. People are fuckin crazy and terribly short sighted. Bad combo.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2106 on: May 02, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »
I doubt I would say anything if it were me. As the little sister, I've always been given the message that my opinion matters very little, so I've never given it to my brothers. Girlfriends came and went, and I might tell my mom how I felt about them, but that was it. I happen to love my youngest brother's wife, but my oldest... that's a different story, as some of you have read.

Also, I'm not usually the unsolicited advice type. If my bro asked me what I thought I might tell him my reservations, but I wouldn't just say "You're an idiot," even if I feel that way :lol

I get it, I'm not there, I can't feel the vibe, blah blah blah, but am I the only one that read that last paragraph and can't fucking wait until Sunday?   I love that shit, and for someone to be upfront and somewhat intellectual - as opposed to "you're supposed to just KNOW I want cock/romance/discussion!" - is awesome.  I'd be fired up for Sunday if that was me.

So I texted her back and said, "Fun lol. Somebody's straightforward. I can come over and help you hang that picture sometime ;)." Her response was, "Wow, look at you with all that cute charm. 😎 What you just did right there.... major turn on. I LOVE when a man flirts back and is just as straightforward. Don't lose that. I'll be available Wednesday after work."  :hat

Wooo! That's awesome. I wish I could be more straightforward in those situations. I tend to freeze up, but working on it...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2107 on: May 02, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »
I doubt I would say anything if it were me. As the little sister, I've always been given the message that my opinion matters very little, so I've never given it to my brothers. Girlfriends came and went, and I might tell my mom how I felt about them, but that was it. I happen to love my youngest brother's wife, but my oldest... that's a different story, as some of you have read.

Also, I'm not usually the unsolicited advice type. If my bro asked me what I thought I might tell him my reservations, but I wouldn't just say "You're an idiot," even if I feel that way :lol

I don't plan on saying anything to my sister.  She is one who does not care about getting advice anyway so like my mother said, be happy for her so I will try.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2108 on: May 02, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »
Messaged a girl on OKC because she was a Marvel/Scifi nerd and seemed really nice. Strangely, she responded and is pretty cool. Asked if she wanted to hang out, she said yea and gave me her number. Turns out she's also a therapist. Woo.

I know compared to most of you guys who talk to 4-5 girls at a time and meet them regularly, this isn't anything but I'm pretty excited.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2109 on: May 02, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
I know compared to most of you guys who talk to 4-5 girls at a time and meet them regularly, this isn't anything but I'm pretty excited.

Fuck that dude. A win's a win. Sometimes, when it rains, it pours. Other times, the drought keeps rollin'.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2110 on: May 02, 2016, 05:39:52 PM »

Fuck that dude. A win's a win. Sometimes, when it rains, it pours. Other times, the drought keeps rollin'.

I also don't message people on OKC. She was the first person I'd messaged in months.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2111 on: May 02, 2016, 05:45:09 PM »

I also don't message people on OKC. She was the first person I'd messaged in months.

Good stuff man, and even if I were to be talking to a bunch of girls at once, whenever you find a girl who has an awesome profile and something you can relate to and you get a response, that's always an awesome feeling.  Hope this works out.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2112 on: May 03, 2016, 09:08:19 AM »

Most people don't; I had a long term relationship before I got married the first time, and after that and my divorce people came out of the woodwork saying "Oh, I knew she was trouble from day fucking one, and here's why!"   And I'm like "where were you before I wasted xx years and yy dollars on a divorce?   You're my friend, you can tell me!"

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2113 on: May 03, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
But the thing is, you wouldn't have listened to them before you knew it yourself. Unless people can provide concrete evidence that a person is trouble, I'm going to tell them to go fuck themselves if they tell me to leave that person... even if they have evidence I still might. We have to make our own decisions. Maybe I'm just overly stubborn, but this has also been my observation wth others.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: May 03, 2016, 11:08:52 AM »
My situation was the opposite.  Everyone always said my ex and I were perfect, voted least likely to break up, people were shocked.  My point being, outsiders often have no idea what a relationship really is like.  With my sister's example, I am not knocking their "love" or anything, just the timing I think is poor.  Like how could you know someone well enough to make that commitment after 4 months?  Well I spoke to my sister yesterday trying to get the details of how he proposed and I'm feeling like it's ominous.  They were scheduled to go sky diving together so he wanted to propose before they did that, but the sky diving got cancelled to due "stormy weather" but being impatient he proposed in my parents living room instead.  They rescheduled the sky diving for this weekend.  Talk about rushed.  :facepalm:

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2115 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »
As with most things, I'm with Jackie on that.

Even for adults, if you think you're in love (or are, regardless of the outcome later on), no amount of naysaying is going to change that unless it's like "Uhh dude here is a picture of her sucking a guy's dick for a baggie of cocaine" (I like to imagine people talking about hardcore drugs and then saying "baggie"). Granted, if you're already waxing and waning on the relationship or something is already wrong, that's a different story. But yeah most of that horribly pretentious, nose-in-the-air snubbing of "Oh I knew she/he was bad news" is such bullshit. It's one of those things that feels like people say that shit to make themselves feel better for whatever the reason. People love to judge, that's about as close to an infallible "fact" as you can get.

Also like what Cram said, people clearly know jack fucking shit about the relationships of others and how things really are underneath the surface. Fact of the matter is they still love to judge and pretend they know their ass from a hole in the ground when the reality is that sometimes even the people within the relationship don't know that it's going to hell. I've had it go both ways. People tell me that we're perfect and should/will get married in the future and it goes to hell. Also that we're destined to fail and that we're so wrong for each other and even though we "broke up", it didn't go to hell and she's the only ex that I'm still very good friends with. Also we fucked the other week so. THAT'LL SHOW YOU, NAYSAYERS.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2116 on: May 03, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »

Glad to hear it. Let us know how it goes.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2117 on: May 03, 2016, 04:26:17 PM »
:heart you, George :lol

And yeah cram, that does sound ominous. I guess I understand being anxious but no need to rush that shit.
The only solution is to kill him in his sleep.

As for me, I've got a karaoke date with the Russian Friday. He doesn't seem to be a big texter, which is fine. Looking forward to it!
I haven't talked much about this here, but things are going well (though moving slow) with the Ginger. I like dating girls because they don't knock me on my ass. It's been very mellow, and that's how it's been with the other woman I've been seeing as well... though today while I was working she sent me a text saying "Hey...thinking about you. I miss you.. And I think we should be knuckles deep in each other soon"
 :o

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2118 on: May 03, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »
Dammit Jackie,

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2119 on: May 03, 2016, 05:14:10 PM »
 :rollin

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2120 on: May 03, 2016, 09:38:49 PM »
How do you think I felt? I was sitting with an old lady at work when the message came through :rollin
I definitely started blushing and put my phone down  immediately.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2121 on: May 03, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »
 :heart

:rollin

Good stuff!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2122 on: May 04, 2016, 05:34:43 AM »
They've all started to slip away...

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2123 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:47 AM »
They've all started to slip away...

What happened?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2124 on: May 04, 2016, 07:24:15 AM »
Valerie is the only one left and she's not as forthcoming as she was a week ago. I'm not sure if that's attributed to a loss of interest or other obligations. Someone else messaged me today so I can add her as a possibility. She's older than me, has kids, so I know she's not in it to play games. I sound like a broken record though, with this optimism that never pans out.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2125 on: May 04, 2016, 09:29:56 AM »
optimism that never pans out.

I feel ya on this. 

Looks like I have a tentative date for Monday with a 23 year old.  She seems nice, not sure we have much in common at all honestly and don't think I have strong interest here, but I haven't gone on a date in awhile since I said I was going to break... but I could use a break from the break  :lol I honestly just want to do something exciting since coming home and working out and making dinner is a boring life for me.

Also, shoregirl, the really cute one who I mentioned last week is still talking to me to my surprise.  She lives very close to me as well, I think she is the one girl I would really want to go after because she is smart and hot.  I'm honestly beyond surprised she still talks to me, but her responses are very slow so I am not going to get myself worked up over her.

There are two other girls who want to meet up, but I am not really strongly interested in either although I could see a situation where we do meet sort of like the above girl, just something to do to give me a break from my otherwise boring week life.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2126 on: May 04, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »
That's pretty good, that you have a couple of different options at the moment. I feel like as long as there are options, it keeps my spirits up. It does become discouraging when they wind up as dead ends, but I guess if it were that easy to find true love, it would have happened already.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2127 on: May 04, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
That's pretty good, that you have a couple of different options at the moment. I feel like as long as there are options, it keeps my spirits up. It does become discouraging when they wind up as dead ends, but I guess if it were that easy to find true love, it would have happened already.

Nothing is easy.  It is the worse though when you got a bunch of options and none of them pan out and leaves you back to the drawing board. 

None of my options are really interesting besides shoregirl though

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2128 on: May 04, 2016, 09:48:26 AM »

Nothing is easy.  It is the worse though when you got a bunch of options and none of them pan out and leaves you back to the drawing board. 

Is that the one you showed me the profile of?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2129 on: May 04, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »

Is that the one you showed me the profile of?

Yes

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2130 on: May 04, 2016, 10:31:29 AM »
She might be one of those rare women who are absolutely gorgeous on the outside and a genuine and sincere person on the inside. It's not something that's easy to find.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2131 on: May 04, 2016, 10:38:27 AM »
She might be one of those rare women who are absolutely gorgeous on the outside and a genuine and sincere person on the inside. It's not something that's easy to find.

Or she could be evil on the inside, hard to tell since our conversation is so slow, she also could just be nice and not really interested.  We will see as I continue to pursue her.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2132 on: May 04, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
Or because she is beautiful, and she's probably getting pervy comments from every asshole, she's inundated with messages.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2133 on: May 04, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
Or because she is beautiful, and she's probably getting pervy comments from every asshole, she's inundated with messages.

I think we've talked about this before, but I think most guys have NO IDEA what it's like to be a woman on a dating site.   I met my wife on Match, and we've talked about this a number of times. 

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2134 on: May 04, 2016, 11:12:47 AM »

I think we've talked about this before, but I think most guys have NO IDEA what it's like to be a woman on a dating site.   I met my wife on Match, and we've talked about this a number of times.

On our first date, Victoria and I spent at least a half hour comparing our Tinder experiences as members of the opposite sex.