Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 283522 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #1505 on: February 16, 2016, 08:11:41 AM »
Did she touch your penis?

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1506 on: February 16, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »
:lol, my guess is yes.

And yeah, distance stuff blows buuut if you really end up liking someone you find a way to make it work.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1507 on: February 16, 2016, 09:10:27 AM »
:lol, my guess is yes.

And yeah, distance stuff blows buuut if you really end up liking someone you find a way to make it work.

:lol

And if you don't really end up liking them, it's really easy to cut it off.

P.S.
I hope you guy's don't mind me hanging out in this thread even though I'm not single. You're good people and good discussion goes on in this thread.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1508 on: February 16, 2016, 09:19:02 AM »
Oh yeah, I used to hang here all the time when I was more attached.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1509 on: February 16, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »
P.S.
I hope you guy's don't mind me hanging out in this thread even though I'm not single. You're good people and good discussion goes on in this thread.

GTFO

:biggrin:

Yea, it's not so much a distance, but also cost since getting into the city is really expensive.  I was pretty honest about not being serious due to the distance issue, but after discovering how awesome she is, I was also honest yesterday in telling her that as well.  We'll see what happens.  What is cool is she only lives a couple blocks from my sister.  I'm trying really hard not to put much thought into this, but I can't help but think about her.   :facepalm:

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1510 on: February 16, 2016, 02:18:17 PM »
It fits. Most people in dedicated relationships are the loneliest motherfuckers I know.

:angel: :heart

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1511 on: February 17, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »
An update to my situation i detailed in a previous post (a couple of pages ago).

I talked to my friend and we chatted a for a bit.  I told him I had something to tell him and I explained what's been going on and why I felt I needed to tell him.  He appreciated that I told him and he "gave his blessing" with a chuckle.  He then voiced his concerns but things changed after I told him.  I've messaged him a few times on unrelated things but never got a response.  I just found out that he unfriended me on FB.  It sucks since we've been bandmates and friends for 11 years.

On the other hand, I've been out and hung out with my girlfriend :)  (It's a long distance thing, she lives an hour and a half away).  We still text a lot and are planning on hanging out this weekend.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1512 on: February 17, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »
That's the world we live in now. People apparently have a problem saying what they mean. If he had enough of a problem with it, why not say so instead of saying it was cool? People are funny :\.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1513 on: February 17, 2016, 12:40:07 PM »
For someone who said he was your friend, you'd expect a friend to say how he really feels about that situation, not be cool with it and just ditch you like that.  I complain about a date who ghosts you, but a friend who does that is way worse.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1514 on: February 17, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »
I complain about a date who ghosts you, but a friend who does that is way worse.

I had a best friend that essentially ghosted me, twice! Fool me once :rollin.

On yeah, way to go cram :hat. Is Tinder worthwhile? I might give it a shot. I'm gonna be in NYC in a month and it might be fun :yarr.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1515 on: February 17, 2016, 02:44:07 PM »
I complain about a date who ghosts you, but a friend who does that is way worse.

I had a best friend that essentially ghosted me, twice! Fool me once :rollin.

On yeah, way to go cram :hat. Is Tinder worthwhile? I might give it a shot. I'm gonna be in NYC in a month and it might be fun :yarr.

I've been on tinder for a year and a half and finally had something positive from it.  Everyone has thier own experience.  It's worth it just for the swiping alone, but don't put all your hopes into it.  NYC is a great place though for tinder since you'll get thousands of people within 1 mile.

As for the Tinder girl, we are still talking and may try to meet up in Connecticut this weekend (long story of why there).

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1516 on: February 17, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »
Whoever said "its better to have loved and lost than never loved at all" knows nothing about pain.

What you don't know about can't hurt you.

The relationship that was the first thing to bring me happiness in this life is breathing its last breaths and I don't think its going to make it. Its not been a good day and I feel like I am falling apart.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1517 on: February 17, 2016, 03:33:42 PM »
Sorry, but honestly I agree with that thought.  I'd imagine you had plenty of good times before that have lead you to this point.  The pain is only there because the pleasure was so good before, or the love was there.  The pain will go away.  Once again, sorry because it is really tough and difficult, but you will overcome.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1518 on: February 17, 2016, 06:47:34 PM »
Whoever said "its better to have loved and lost than never loved at all" knows nothing about pain.

The relationship that was the first thing to bring me happiness in this life is breathing its last breaths and I don't think its going to make it. Its not been a good day and I feel like I am falling apart.

Firstly, it was Tennyson.

Secondly, you're taking it too literal. This is going to sound like Illumination Theory but you can't know pain without love. You need one to understand the other. You can't have light without dark or love without hate.

I empathize with how you feel right now. I've been an emotional train wreck the last couple of years because of unstable relationships. Last summer was fucking torturous. I lost over fifty pounds in the last year or so. I spent all of my free time on my couch desperately trying to find some joy.  I must have rewatched Dream Theater videos on YouTube hundreds of  times because I just did not know where to turn for a smile or some reminder of who I used to be. I'm still jaded. I still feel insecure. You will go through the same thing, but you will get better. To paraphrase Marillion, you will see the blue sky above the rain. I wish I had some magic advice to make it easier for you but there isn't any. That's the reality of it. It'll pass though. In time it will pass.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1519 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:06 PM »
(((Phoenix)))

I know exactly where you are, man. My sympathies. It DOES get better, trust me.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1520 on: February 17, 2016, 10:40:41 PM »
Sorry, but honestly I agree with that thought.  I'd imagine you had plenty of good times before that have lead you to this point.  The pain is only there because the pleasure was so good before, or the love was there.  The pain will go away.  Once again, sorry because it is really tough and difficult, but you will overcome.

Amen.

That reminds me! Hey guys, look at this creep I went out with tonight:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1521 on: February 17, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »
Definitely looks like a creep

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1522 on: February 17, 2016, 10:58:01 PM »

Very true, but she means well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #1523 on: February 18, 2016, 10:42:59 AM »

On snap!

I started chatting with this woman that lives nowhere near me, several states away. She seems like fun ;). Very flirty and sexual. But she told me some of the things online guys have asked her to do. Offered a LOT of money to have some guys baby. Some guy wanted to pay her to fuck his BIG dog! Several thousand for a month's worth of unlimited sex.  :rollin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1524 on: February 18, 2016, 10:46:36 AM »
I don't have the link anymore, but I read an online article yesterday about a moderator for a popular online dating site and the things he/she saw.  That type of stuff is quite normal apparently, as well as the nigerian prince scam which apparently people still fall for.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1525 on: February 18, 2016, 11:17:27 AM »

Amen.

That reminds me! Hey guys, look at this creep I went out with tonight:

Isn't that the international symbol for "SOMEONE CALL MY CELL, QUICK AND SAVE ME FROM THIS BAD DATE!!"?  I think it is....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1526 on: February 18, 2016, 11:39:52 AM »
 :rollin

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1527 on: February 18, 2016, 09:02:24 PM »

On snap!

I started chatting with this woman that lives nowhere near me, several states away. She seems like fun ;). Very flirty and sexual. But she told me some of the things online guys have asked her to do. Offered a LOT of money to have some guys baby. Some guy wanted to pay her to fuck his BIG dog! Several thousand for a month's worth of unlimited sex.  :rollin

Jaysis! I've never gotten any offers that good  :|

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1528 on: February 18, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »
Oh right, sure Jackie, REAL COY. Fine. Two foot massages for ONE sexy time.

Final offer.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1529 on: February 18, 2016, 09:56:40 PM »

On snap!

Jaysis! I've never gotten any offers that good  :|

I have proof to the contrary.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1530 on: February 18, 2016, 11:55:09 PM »
Nah, I washed it off.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1531 on: February 19, 2016, 05:40:45 AM »
After seeing this girl on the ferry and subway every day for weeks and just exchanging smiles and hellos, I finally decided to start up a conversation with her. She's a bit younger than me, but she speaks intelligently, and that's a major selling point for me, so we'll see what happens. I didn't get her number yet, but we did have a nice conversation.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1532 on: February 19, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
After seeing this girl on the ferry and subway every day for weeks and just exchanging smiles and hellos, I finally decided to start up a conversation with her. She's a bit younger than me, but she speaks intelligently, and that's a major selling point for me, so we'll see what happens. I didn't get her number yet, but we did have a nice conversation.

Awesome, I never have the balls to do something like that.

Looks like the Tinder girl and I might have a date set up on Sunday afternoon in New Haven Connecticut.  I'm going up to Hartford Saturday night for the Nightwish concert and tossed the idea of stopping in the city on my way home for lunch, but turns out she will also be in Connecticut and our ride homes might time out perfectly to meet up in New Haven.  I'm very excited for this.  I threw the idea out there and she ran with it, planning the whole thing to meet up.  I really like that, she is doing something all of the girls I have dated never do, actually show some desire to plan something and not just be like "whatever, you decide".   I guess that's why she is professionally an event planner.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1533 on: February 19, 2016, 11:21:31 AM »

Looks like the Tinder girl and I might have a date set up on Sunday afternoon in New Haven Connecticut.  I'm going up to Hartford Saturday night for the Nightwish concert and tossed the idea of stopping in the city on my way home for lunch, but turns out she will also be in Connecticut and our ride homes might time out perfectly to meet up in New Haven.  I'm very excited for this.  I threw the idea out there and she ran with it, planning the whole thing to meet up.  I really like that, she is doing something all of the girls I have dated never do, actually show some desire to plan something and not just be like "whatever, you decide".   I guess that's why she is professionally an event planner.

Do you have plans yet? Take her to Bar (that's the name of the place) in New Haven. Great beers brewed there, awesome atmosphere, and pizzas that make the top 25 list nationally every year.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1534 on: February 19, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »

Do you have plans yet? Take her to Bar (that's the name of the place) in New Haven. Great beers brewed there, awesome atmosphere, and pizzas that make the top 25 list nationally every year.

She sent me a list of some of New Haven's famous pizza places, I haven't had a chance to go through it.  Honestly not looking to drink since I expect to be beyond exhausted by the time it is Sunday afternoon and I'll still have a few hours drive home.

BTW, since I reached out to you before.... ONE ticket finally went on sale on stubhub for that concert and it cost me about 100 over face value  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1535 on: February 19, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
Damnnn. That's crazy.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1536 on: February 19, 2016, 12:11:23 PM »

Nice. I hope it works out. I haven't been to New Haven since the Petrucci/Portnoy clinic at Toad's Place.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1537 on: February 19, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »

This is an outstanding suggestion.  When it comes to pizza, you'll likely get pointed to Pepe's and Sally's, both great, but Moderne is the way to go, it's not far from Pepe's and Sally's (which are right next to each other).   All three have the advantage of some of the best Italian pastries and desserts you'll ever have right down the street (though I can't remember the name of the place; i'll look it up if you need me to). 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1538 on: February 19, 2016, 01:41:36 PM »
Can Stadler and I come as third and fourth wheels? It shouldn't be hard to explain to your lady friend.... "Yeah, uh, these are two dudes I also met on the internet. Is it okay if they come eat pizza with us?"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1539 on: February 19, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »
Can Stadler and I come as third and fourth wheels? It shouldn't be hard to explain to your lady friend.... "Yeah, uh, these are two dudes I also met on the internet. Is it okay if they come eat pizza with us?"

:lol why not go for a 2nd DTF lonely hearts meet up this week