Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 116965 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2625 on: September 11, 2020, 10:47:15 AM »
The atmosphere in Toronto for Hogan/Rock might be near the top for any match in history. It seemed like both men were legitimately taken aback by it.

I think one of my favorite Rock promos ever was when he came to Toronto, the year after that Wrestlemania, when he became Hollywood Rock and he unleashed a lot of venom to that crowd that had the audacity, I say!, to boo the Rock at Wrestlemania 18.  However, now The Rock became Hollywood Rock, they suddenly like him again and go along with his usual catchphrases like nothing happened the year before?  No, no, no.  He ain't going to let them forget about it.  That crowd did probably wanted to kill him for saying that the Maple Leafs suck.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2626 on: September 11, 2020, 11:58:33 AM »
The atmosphere in Toronto for Hogan/Rock might be near the top for any match in history. It seemed like both men were legitimately taken aback by it.

I think one of my favorite Rock promos ever was when he came to Toronto, the year after that Wrestlemania, when he became Hollywood Rock and he unleashed a lot of venom to that crowd that had the audacity, I say!, to boo the Rock at Wrestlemania 18.  However, now The Rock became Hollywood Rock, they suddenly like him again and go along with his usual catchphrases like nothing happened the year before?  No, no, no.  He ain't going to let them forget about it.  That crowd did probably wanted to kill him for saying that the Maple Leafs suck.

I remember that one!

Those 2003 Hollywood Rock promo's were great.
Looking at my most recent posts, it almost seems like I'm trying to become the Common Sense of DTF :lol
You'd have an easier time trying to bring the internet to the Amish.
Turns out chlamydia tastes pretty good.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2627 on: September 11, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »
Hollywood Rock was classic. But the heel persona didnít last because Rock was just too cool and funny, people kept cheering him. The cool funny heel rarely works; a total heel needs to be evil and mean.

And Rock was always hilarious when he sang too

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2628 on: September 11, 2020, 01:02:49 PM »
Hollywood Rock was classic. But the heel persona didnít last because Rock was just too cool and funny, people kept cheering him. The cool funny heel rarely works; a total heel needs to be evil and mean.

And Rock was always hilarious when he sang too

I loved his feud with The Hurricaine.

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!
Looking at my most recent posts, it almost seems like I'm trying to become the Common Sense of DTF :lol
You'd have an easier time trying to bring the internet to the Amish.
Turns out chlamydia tastes pretty good.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2629 on: September 11, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
 :lol