Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 449408 times)

faizoff and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #5950 on: June 07, 2022, 02:26:46 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5951 on: June 07, 2022, 02:39:41 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5952 on: June 07, 2022, 03:01:40 PM »
Tim from his high chair about how bands suck. Lol
You joke, but every time I hear him say that some band sucks, I'm pretty sure I will find something to like about them.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5953 on: June 07, 2022, 03:03:11 PM »
Yeah, but you're enlightened.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5954 on: June 07, 2022, 03:04:49 PM »
That's Hef feeding you your mushy green peas Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5955 on: June 07, 2022, 03:06:18 PM »
Which only results in a green ass diaper. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5956 on: June 07, 2022, 05:59:05 PM »
And they blow..

All you zombies in high chair places...

That's a fucking great song.  Such atmosphere.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5957 on: June 07, 2022, 06:31:01 PM »
They were great live too.  Do you know, they were the studio band for Cyndi Lauper's 1st album?  She's So Unusual.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5958 on: June 07, 2022, 06:32:08 PM »
Make it stop! :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5959 on: June 07, 2022, 06:45:38 PM »
They were great live too.  Do you know, they were the studio band for Cyndi Lauper's 1st album?  She's So Unusual.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:51:46 PM by wolfking »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5960 on: June 07, 2022, 08:01:00 PM »
Yep, it's a Melodica, basically the keyboard part of an accordion (2.5 octaves of reed organ) but wind-blown rather than powered by bellows you have to wear.  It's a proper name, too, always capitalized, since Hohner makes the official ones.
You sure about that?

The modern form of the instrument was invented by Hohner in the late 1950s, though similar instruments have been known in Italy since the 19th century.  The melodica is known by various names, often at the whim of the manufacturer.

I think of it as similar to Kleenex.  It's a brand name that has become the generic name for items like it.  But because it is a proper name, I always capitalize it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5961 on: June 08, 2022, 07:05:41 AM »

One of them (Rob Hyman) co-wrote her "Time After Time" hit, and one of them (Bazilian) co-wrote that song"One Of Us" by Joan Osbourne.  The same guy - can't remember his name - produced all three (those songs and the Hooters).

Speaking of stories, bear in mind I play guitar - badly - and was at the time playing guitar and banjo in a Mummer's string band in Philly.  So I don't know this guy (Bazilian) from a row of assholes, so I go to this little choir thing at school where my daughter and her classmates are singing.  I get there early and there's this guy tuning up some weird mandolin looking thing.  I'm a big shot so I say "so you're daughter's singing?"  Yep!  "So you play a little?"  Yep!   "Yeah so do I; I'm in a band in Philly, Avalon String Band"  Oh that's nice, he says with zero apparent interest. 

So the kids sing and at the end the principal says "thanks to all our kids, and a very special thanks to our special guest, Eric Bazilian, taking time off from his tour to join us today. So special!"   And I'm thinking, "I'm such a loser."   He's in a band that tours the world (The Hooters were the first band on stage in Philly for Live Aid), and I play banjo for a stupid string band in South Philly.  It's like walking up to Kyle Busch and saying "yeah, I drive a car!".  Or up to a pro baseball player and saying "yeah, I play a little rec league softball..."  My daughter laughs at me over this to this day.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5962 on: June 08, 2022, 07:17:25 AM »
A legend in your own mind! :lol

Offline T-ski

« Reply #5963 on: June 08, 2022, 07:36:41 AM »

One of them (Rob Hyman) co-wrote her "Time After Time" hit, and one of them (Bazilian) co-wrote that song"One Of Us" by Joan Osbourne.  The same guy - can't remember his name - produced all three (those songs and the Hooters).

Speaking of stories, bear in mind I play guitar - badly - and was at the time playing guitar and banjo in a Mummer's string band in Philly.  So I don't know this guy (Bazilian) from a row of assholes, so I go to this little choir thing at school where my daughter and her classmates are singing.  I get there early and there's this guy tuning up some weird mandolin looking thing.  I'm a big shot so I say "so you're daughter's singing?"  Yep!  "So you play a little?"  Yep!   "Yeah so do I; I'm in a band in Philly, Avalon String Band"  Oh that's nice, he says with zero apparent interest. 

So the kids sing and at the end the principal says "thanks to all our kids, and a very special thanks to our special guest, Eric Bazilian, taking time off from his tour to join us today. So special!"   And I'm thinking, "I'm such a loser."   He's in a band that tours the world (The Hooters were the first band on stage in Philly for Live Aid), and I play banjo for a stupid string band in South Philly.  It's like walking up to Kyle Busch and saying "yeah, I drive a car!".  Or up to a pro baseball player and saying "yeah, I play a little rec league softball..."  My daughter laughs at me over this to this day.

Wait, a NASCAR reference, on the DT forum? Is this real life?
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5964 on: June 08, 2022, 07:46:40 AM »

Such a great story though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5965 on: June 08, 2022, 07:48:33 AM »
It's a hoot.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5966 on: June 08, 2022, 07:56:03 AM »
It's a hoot.

You walked 500 miles to figure out that joke I bet.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5967 on: June 08, 2022, 07:56:59 AM »
Er... a little help with this one, Orbert!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5968 on: June 08, 2022, 07:58:27 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5969 on: June 08, 2022, 08:27:36 AM »
Don't even know the song Tim.  Shame on you.  :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5970 on: June 08, 2022, 08:29:11 AM »
Boys will be boys.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5971 on: June 08, 2022, 08:37:24 AM »
Er... a little help with this one, Orbert!

Sorry man, you're on your own here.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5972 on: June 08, 2022, 08:46:13 AM »
It's a cover song silly.

https://youtu.be/T2BXcf3DcQc

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5973 on: June 08, 2022, 09:14:07 AM »
Weird.  The song I knew when I was growing up was "100 miles" and they even say "100 miles" in the song.  But the title is "500 miles"?

My first thought was that song by The Proclaimers ("And I would walk 500 miles...") except the title of the Proclaimers' song is "I'm Gonna Be".

So... still nothing here.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5974 on: June 08, 2022, 09:15:49 AM »
Weird.  The song I knew when I was growing up was "100 miles" and they even say "100 miles" in the song.  But the title is "500 miles"?

My first thought was that song by The Proclaimers ("And I would walk 500 miles...") except the title of the Proclaimers' song is "I'm Gonna Be".

The Journeymen first recorded the song.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5975 on: June 08, 2022, 09:24:18 AM »

Haha, that's what I was thinking...

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5976 on: June 10, 2022, 07:00:58 AM »
Back home (yuck) after a whirlwind month in the Mediterranean...and more.

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5977 on: June 10, 2022, 07:04:56 AM »
What an awesome picture Gregg.  Sounds like you had a blast!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5978 on: June 10, 2022, 07:45:16 AM »
Sweet pic Gregg!!!  Looks like a blast!!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5979 on: June 10, 2022, 07:48:50 AM »
Must have been one hell of a vacation, great picture

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5980 on: June 10, 2022, 01:24:59 PM »
Man, what did you do to that place?  It looks ruined.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5981 on: June 10, 2022, 01:29:01 PM »
Back home (yuck) after a whirlwind month in the Mediterranean...and more.

That's freaking awesome, Gregg. Jealous.
That is the money shot that I was hoping to have for my family in 2020.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5982 on: June 10, 2022, 01:34:47 PM »
Man, what did you do to that place?  It looks ruined.

It all started with making the mistake of eating bean curd, washed down with a few glasses of prosecco, and then went down hill from there.  :blush
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5983 on: June 13, 2022, 05:56:01 PM »
A couple more pics from Progpower...

Hanging with Arion:

With Roy Khan:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5984 on: June 13, 2022, 06:05:23 PM »
 :metal :metal