Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 449264 times)

frogprog and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #5670 on: November 15, 2021, 12:20:11 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5671 on: November 15, 2021, 01:31:06 PM »
Nothing but all man right there.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5672 on: November 15, 2021, 01:33:48 PM »
Nothing but all man right there.
It was a lovely day.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5673 on: November 15, 2021, 01:36:15 PM »
Best time of year!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5674 on: November 15, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »
Best time of year!
I agree with you!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5675 on: November 15, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »
That looks like a slice of heaven Hef.  And the background. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5676 on: November 15, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »
That looks like a slice of heaven Hef.  And the background.
Yes, the ever-dependable Flor de las Antillas.  It won Cigar Afficionado's Cigar of the Year several years back, and it's usually available for under $9.00.  Incredible value, and quite tasty.  I pick them up whenever I find them.

BTW, that truck is my wife's new toy. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5677 on: November 15, 2021, 03:55:26 PM »
That's a big cabin for the truck.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5678 on: November 16, 2021, 10:05:33 AM »
That's a big cabin for the truck.
That's an external one-car garage with an apartment overhead.  Came with the house.  My eldest lived in the apartment, until she moved in with her fiance.  Hopefully the apartment becomes income for us soon.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5679 on: November 16, 2021, 10:09:06 AM »
Wow.  That's great! 

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #5680 on: November 16, 2021, 07:39:39 PM »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5681 on: November 16, 2021, 08:15:15 PM »
A Splent sighting?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5682 on: November 16, 2021, 08:16:16 PM »

Come to the East Coast and we'll show you how to flip a bird.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5683 on: November 17, 2021, 08:11:34 AM »
Pretty sure I've met these guys in Jersey before so they are familiar with the east coast  :metal

Offline Melphina

« Reply #5684 on: November 27, 2021, 11:25:43 AM »

Howdy y'all, it's Kattelox/Firewings/Mike, however you know me as. I wrangled me a python in Times Square this past July. I felt like dropping in and letting everyone know what I've been up to most of this year. Not that I think anybody particularly cares, but I have some free time on my hands and I was thinking about my friends from DTF. I am sad by the note on which I left this place and with people making certain commentary on me and my mental health.

Long story short, I've had a pretty good year. I got on a plane for the first time and traveled to New York City for a friend's wedding on Long Island and I spent the rest of the trip in Times Square and fancy places in Manhattan. I found the love of my life at the start of the year and have spent all year making plans with her. She used to tour with metal bands, and this past summer she was Sabaton's merch manager on their tour with Judas Priest. So I got some nice swag and behind the scenes opportunities through that connection and saw Judas Priest 4 times, as well as Sabaton's longest show ever when they played almost 3 hours in Denver after Priest canceled the tour. I also just saw CHVRCHES last week in Chicago which was amazing. Also, that was my first time in Denver, so I've had lots of firsts this year.

Right now I'm in the middle of packing up my apartment. I left my job in July and have been out of work since; I am going to go to Prime next year and become a trucker. In 3 weeks I'll be out of here and starting a new life. Thought I would check in before I'm on the road all the time. Also just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing well. I don't see myself checking in here very often. But the thought crossed my mind, and it's the holidays, and it's Saturday morning here and I had free time. I also got a new phone number so I apologize to those who had my number and maybe weren't able to reach me over the last few months (sorry, Tim!!). Feel free to ask for it again. I love you dudes. I just really needed to separate my social media lives for a while. Things were getting too familiar and too cluttered and because of just who I am as a person I buckle under that kind of social stress very easily.

Hope the rest of you Americans had a lovely Thanksgiving and everybody else hopefully is having a great week and weekend. Oh, I also bought a new digital piano for the first time in 15 years, and my girl got me an early Christmas gift: a Roland FA-08 synth workstation, a new piano bench, monitors, monitor stands, a Focusrite Scarlett interface, a bunch of Switch games, and so much more. I'm spoiled to death over here and happier than I've ever been. Now I have Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Super Mario 3D All-Stars to blast through before I don't have a couch anymore.  :lol

I miss y'all. Stay safe and take care. And wear your masks.  ;) :biggrin:

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5685 on: November 27, 2021, 01:10:37 PM »

Howdy y'all, it's Kattelox/Firewings/Mike, however you know me as. I wrangled me a python in Times Square this past July. I felt like dropping in and letting everyone know what I've been up to most of this year. Not that I think anybody particularly cares, but I have some free time on my hands and I was thinking about my friends from DTF. I am sad by the note on which I left this place and with people making certain commentary on me and my mental health.

Long story short, I've had a pretty good year. I got on a plane for the first time and traveled to New York City for a friend's wedding on Long Island and I spent the rest of the trip in Times Square and fancy places in Manhattan. I found the love of my life at the start of the year and have spent all year making plans with her. She used to tour with metal bands, and this past summer she was Sabaton's merch manager on their tour with Judas Priest. So I got some nice swag and behind the scenes opportunities through that connection and saw Judas Priest 4 times, as well as Sabaton's longest show ever when they played almost 3 hours in Denver after Priest canceled the tour. I also just saw CHVRCHES last week in Chicago which was amazing. Also, that was my first time in Denver, so I've had lots of firsts this year.

Right now I'm in the middle of packing up my apartment. I left my job in July and have been out of work since; I am going to go to Prime next year and become a trucker. In 3 weeks I'll be out of here and starting a new life. Thought I would check in before I'm on the road all the time. Also just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing well. I don't see myself checking in here very often. But the thought crossed my mind, and it's the holidays, and it's Saturday morning here and I had free time. I also got a new phone number so I apologize to those who had my number and maybe weren't able to reach me over the last few months (sorry, Tim!!). Feel free to ask for it again. I love you dudes. I just really needed to separate my social media lives for a while. Things were getting too familiar and too cluttered and because of just who I am as a person I buckle under that kind of social stress very easily.

Hope the rest of you Americans had a lovely Thanksgiving and everybody else hopefully is having a great week and weekend. Oh, I also bought a new digital piano for the first time in 15 years, and my girl got me an early Christmas gift: a Roland FA-08 synth workstation, a new piano bench, monitors, monitor stands, a Focusrite Scarlett interface, a bunch of Switch games, and so much more. I'm spoiled to death over here and happier than I've ever been. Now I have Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Super Mario 3D All-Stars to blast through before I don't have a couch anymore.  :lol

Duuude!!! I've missed you around here. We were reminiscing briefly about the DnD themed roulette you ran a while back in Tims current roulette thread. Don't be a stranger!

Glad things are going well for you and nice snake  ;)
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5686 on: November 27, 2021, 01:27:44 PM »
Glad you are doing well. Thank you for the drop-in.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online faizoff

« Reply #5687 on: November 27, 2021, 01:39:12 PM »
Great to hear from you!  Do I need to order from Amazon or less to make your job harder?  ;D  Awesome to hear the update, had no idea you changed usernames again. Take care!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5688 on: November 27, 2021, 03:11:33 PM »
Wow! That was not a post I expected to see. Glad to hear you're doing well. Take care :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5689 on: November 27, 2021, 03:16:32 PM »
-snip-

So you've been posting as Melphina.

PM me your new #. They don't transfer contacts??

Offline Melphina

« Reply #5690 on: November 27, 2021, 04:16:47 PM »
Thanks for the love y'all. Good to see ya.

Yeah I figured anybody who had seen my posts in the 'what are you listening to now?' thread would have easily put two and two together, so I didn't bother saying anything (that's almost exclusively where I have been posting when using this account). I have an obsessive need to catalog every new album I listen to since a couple years ago, and an equally obsessive need to display my listening habits for everyone to see. For some reason. That, and that thread is pretty good for keeping up on new, obscure releases :lol

I might be sharing my top 25 of the year soon since it's been a pretty good year for music and I've been on a big atmospheric black metal spree most of the year.  :hat

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5691 on: November 27, 2021, 05:22:01 PM »

Yeah I figured anybody who had seen my posts in the 'what are you listening to now?' thread would have easily put two and two together, so I didn't bother saying anything (that's almost exclusively where I have been posting when using this account).

I just figured it was another in a long line of dorky DTF'ers posting about listening to cheesy music. :lol
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:31:31 PM by TAC »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5692 on: November 27, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »
 :lol I swear there was a post somewhere awhile ago from this account that made me think ... "is that the Walrus??" because it just seemed so spot on to something you'd say.  Welcome back, and glad to see you're doing well.  Seems you've made a bunch of positive changes over the year and you are happy, so that's great.  Good luck with the new job and hopefully you check in more frequently

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5693 on: November 27, 2021, 05:31:47 PM »
No clue who you are.

;D
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5694 on: November 28, 2021, 06:45:18 AM »
Mike! I'm pleased and relieved to hear you're doing so well. Best of luck in all your new adventures.  :heart
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5695 on: November 29, 2021, 10:21:16 AM »

Glad to hear you're doing well.  :tup
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5696 on: December 09, 2021, 01:53:49 PM »

Working from home has its privileges.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5697 on: December 09, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »

Banning people during work hours?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5698 on: December 09, 2021, 02:05:41 PM »

Banning people during work hours?
It's been done.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5699 on: December 09, 2021, 02:28:51 PM »
*Clink*

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5700 on: December 09, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »

Me, and the fabulous Mrs. P, attending The Blue Man Group in Las Vegas.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5701 on: December 09, 2021, 04:35:01 PM »

Me, and the fabulous Mrs. P, attending The Blue Man Group in Las Vegas.

That's so cool that you put on the makeup for the show.  :) :) :) :)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5702 on: December 09, 2021, 04:39:55 PM »
Cosplay. Millions of the socially awkward and rarely washed can't be wrong.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5703 on: December 09, 2021, 05:21:55 PM »
I see the boss is with you Gregg!  That show is awesome!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5704 on: December 09, 2021, 06:00:05 PM »
Joe. The first half is very similar to the show they we’re doing a decade ago, but the second half has new contraptions, new visuals, and most importantly (IMO), new music. Thor, the rhythms are sooooo infectious!