Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 449462 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #5110 on: October 06, 2020, 08:23:41 PM »
Thanks to you goofy fuckers giving me a confidence boost I hit it off with that girl this evening. Kept it short and sweet, found stuff to connect on. Homeboy's coming back out of his shell. To the lonely hearts thread!  :metal

She's only human. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5111 on: October 06, 2020, 08:35:23 PM »
Thanks to you goofy fuckers giving me a confidence boost I hit it off with that girl this evening. Kept it short and sweet, found stuff to connect on. Homeboy's coming back out of his shell. To the lonely hearts thread!  :metal
:heart :heart

Good to hear! Love ya, man.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #5112 on: October 07, 2020, 07:20:00 AM »
Tick_on_Acid
The things I miss because I'm not paying attention. Thankfully I have spies everywhere.
And c'mon....
That is NOT the jacket!

Ok...

Now back to the hunky ZZTop photo....
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5113 on: October 08, 2020, 06:07:12 PM »
Last night I finally went through my pictures from my vacation last week, and this one is so stupid but I love it, makes me want to make it my next dating profile picture as this is the cramx3 take on a bathroom selfie, in a Submarine.  The USS Albacore to be exact which you can take a tour of in Portsmouth New Hampsire.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5114 on: October 08, 2020, 06:26:13 PM »
I drive by it all the time taking the back roads to get to downtown Portsmouth. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5115 on: October 08, 2020, 06:37:05 PM »
Last night I finally went through my pictures from my vacation last week, and this one is so stupid but I love it, makes me want to make it my next dating profile picture as this is the cramx3 take on a bathroom selfie, in a Submarine.  The USS Albacore to be exact which you can take a tour of in Portsmouth New Hampsire.

The USS Albacore?  :lol

Mayday Mayday, The USS Albacore is under siege. Send the USS Chunk Lite.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #5116 on: October 08, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »

Sorry Charlie no can do!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5117 on: October 08, 2020, 09:22:28 PM »

Sorry Charlie no can do!
:rollin
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5118 on: October 09, 2020, 07:05:24 AM »

Sorry Charlie no can do!
:rollin

Haha!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5119 on: October 09, 2020, 07:11:54 AM »

I lived there for a summer (I worked at the old Pease Air Force Base, now the Pease International Trade Port or some such shit) and LOVED it.   Used to hang down on Bow Street (I recall there used to be a Mexican place there; it's not Poco's, it was something else), and at the Portsmouth Brewery (I think it was there then).   And we'd slip over into Kittery to go to Newick's.   

Plus, nothing beats New England greasy spoon breakfast joints. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5120 on: October 09, 2020, 09:13:46 AM »

I drove by it on my way to Maine and thought it looked cool so googled it and stopped on my way back down.  Pretty cool stop along the journey, worth it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5121 on: October 09, 2020, 10:20:13 AM »

I lived there for a summer (I worked at the old Pease Air Force Base, now the Pease International Trade Port or some such shit) and LOVED it.   Used to hang down on Bow Street (I recall there used to be a Mexican place there; it's not Poco's, it was something else), and at the Portsmouth Brewery (I think it was there then).   And we'd slip over into Kittery to go to Newick's.   

Plus, nothing beats New England greasy spoon breakfast joints.

Now they have "The Friendly Toast" which is a killer breakfast joint right downtown.  El Barto went there when he was around 2 years ago.

I drove by it on my way to Maine and thought it looked cool so googled it and stopped on my way back down.  Pretty cool stop along the journey, worth it.

I haven't been in it for a long, long time.  We used to go to Battleship Cove in Fall River all the time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5122 on: October 09, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »
I didn't know there was a sub to tour in Portsmouth. I might have checked it out. I have toured a few others up there, though. The Nautilus is definitely worth checking out.

Now they have "The Friendly Toast" which is a killer breakfast joint right downtown.  El Barto went there when he was around 2 years ago.
Spending $22 for breakfast kind of pisses me off, but that was damn good. Only time in my life I've actually been impressed with French toast, which I usually rank near the bottom in the category of breakfast breadstuffs.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5123 on: October 09, 2020, 12:44:46 PM »
Not a French Toast fan either and not up for paying more than 20 for breakfast that doesn't include mimosas but if it's worth the price because it's that good, hard to argue about splurging every once in awhile. 

My time in Portsmouth was really just to stop along the way so I didn't explore more than the Albacore and a lobster roll (which was AMAZING but not cheap either).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5124 on: October 09, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »
I had scrambled eggs with bacon, asparagus and goat cheese there and it was amazing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5125 on: October 09, 2020, 12:56:05 PM »
French toast rules, wtf is wrong with ya'll.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5126 on: October 09, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »
Not a French Toast fan either and not up for paying more than 20 for breakfast that doesn't include mimosas but if it's worth the price because it's that good, hard to argue about splurging every once in awhile. 

My time in Portsmouth was really just to stop along the way so I didn't explore more than the Albacore and a lobster roll (which was AMAZING but not cheap either).
As of today $19.50 plus tip, but I'd eat there again if I were back in town. Really was a good breakfast, and I don't generally get to eat French toast that's actually good.

Lobster rolls kind of piss me off, too. Seafood should be cheaper 30' from the ocean, but instead it's marked way the fuck up. Because damn near all seafood passes through Alliance Airport we get extremely fresh seafood, and generally the best quality down here, and you can actually afford to eat it. That said, it took a while but I've finally trained myself to not concern myself with the cost while eating out of town. I'll splurge on overpriced crab cakes up there because I dig them, but I can't ignore the fact that I'm getting ripped off.

I stayed there in Portsmouth a few days as a home base between shows in Boston and Portland. Same trip I ran into you before Haken at the Highline. Didn't find much to do, but enjoyed driving around the coast. Oceans intrigue me.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5127 on: October 09, 2020, 01:03:38 PM »
Sometimes it excels, and sometimes it fails miserably. In the meantime there are plenty of other options that are consistently excellent. You really can't go wrong with pancakes or biscuits.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5128 on: October 09, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »
Sometimes it excels, and sometimes it fails miserably. In the meantime there are plenty of other options that are consistently excellent. You really can't go wrong with pancakes or biscuits.

You are wildin out right now. How does one fail French toast? It's consistently delicious. Pancakes and biscuits are bland!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5129 on: October 09, 2020, 01:13:11 PM »
If you an tell by my body, I love them all.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5130 on: October 09, 2020, 01:44:16 PM »

Yea pretty much this.

I've finally trained myself to not concern myself with the cost while eating out of town.

Yea, to me, it's part of the experience of travel.  I'd feel like I'm missing out on something if I was only concerned with the cost of food when in a place I've never visited before.  Sure it matters and I do take it into account, but you've got to live a little and try things out sometimes and that comes at a cost.  It's mostly been worth it too from my experience.  That lobster roll I got was $20, but I think it was the best meal I had all trip and maybe the best lump lobster meat I've ever had (it was better than the full lobster I got in Maine for example).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5131 on: October 09, 2020, 01:51:26 PM »
Last time I was up there I ate breakfast at Colby's.    $12.99 (I looked it up) for what is basically an Irish Eggs Benedict (corned beef hash in place of ham on an English muffin, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce). Couple cups of hot coffee, and if that doesn't set you up for the day, I'm not sure what will.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5132 on: October 09, 2020, 03:24:22 PM »
Last time I was up there I ate breakfast at Colby's.    $12.99 (I looked it up) for what is basically an Irish Eggs Benedict (corned beef hash in place of ham on an English muffin, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce). Couple cups of hot coffee, and if that doesn't set you up for the day, I'm not sure what will.

I had an amazing breakfast in Bar Harbor from a place called Cafe This Way, I think they had the best pancakes I ever had in my life.  Two pancakes, two scrambled eggs, bacon, potatos, and sour dough toast.  I threw a blueberry muffin in as well (since blueberry is popular up there) and SET for the day and that cost me about 16 after tax and tip.  I'd say that's more than I would like to spend on breakfast, but that was a VERY filling and VERY good meal, totally worth it and I went back the next day for it again (minus the muffin).

and while I'm at it, here's that lobster roll too:

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5133 on: October 10, 2020, 06:52:33 AM »
Goddamn that looks so good

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5134 on: October 12, 2020, 07:28:47 PM »
That does; like the lobster rolls with the big pieces of meat; the ones where it's all chopped up, I feel like I'm getting cod lips and ass instead.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5135 on: October 12, 2020, 07:30:07 PM »
I do not eat lobster. Give me that breakfast sandwich!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5136 on: October 12, 2020, 08:37:44 PM »

Wasn't a sandwich, just a slice of sour dough toast ontop of the meal, which kind of takes up a lot of space of the shot overlooking the best part, the folded pancakes

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5137 on: October 13, 2020, 07:18:10 AM »

I would take a breakfast sandwich over a lobster roll any day of the week.   A good breakfast sandwich (sausage, egg, cheese, slice of tomato, hard roll, salt and pepper) is a contender for my last meal. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5138 on: October 13, 2020, 07:20:31 AM »
I'd hold the tomato. I only like a tomato on a cold sandwich. Unless it's a hamburger. Warm tomatoes are icky.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5139 on: October 13, 2020, 07:22:07 AM »
I'd hold the tomato. I only like a tomato on a cold sandwich. Unless it's a hamburger. Warm tomatoes are icky.

With sausage it's optional; with ham or bacon, though... it's the thing that takes it over the top (for me). 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5140 on: October 13, 2020, 07:53:17 AM »

With sausage it's optional; with ham or bacon, though... it's the thing that takes it over the top (for me).

Yeah, a BLT! :P

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5141 on: October 13, 2020, 10:03:03 AM »

I would take a breakfast sandwich over a lobster roll any day of the week.   A good breakfast sandwich (sausage, egg, cheese, slice of tomato, hard roll, salt and pepper) is a contender for my last meal.
Bacon, fried egg, and cheese on sourdough. If you're going to go with sausage then the rules change, and it's scrambled egg, ground sausage, and cheese wrapped in a warm tortilla. But really, there are a ton of other breakfast options that beat out the sandwich, and perhaps the burrito (breakfast burritos are kind of tough to beat).
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5142 on: October 13, 2020, 10:06:41 AM »
I could never wrap a breakfast sandwich. I enjoy the bread, be it a croissant, biscuit or english muffin. I mean it IS a sandwich, after all. ;D

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5143 on: October 13, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »
I could never wrap a breakfast sandwich. I enjoy the bread, be it a croissant, biscuit or english muffin. I mean it IS a sandwich, after all. ;D
And a burrito is meat and other fillings held together with bread so it can be eaten with one hand.  :biggrin:
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5144 on: October 13, 2020, 10:58:51 AM »
Love making all varieties of breakfast sandwiches.  Bonus is all the fresh herbs and tomatoes we can add to the sandwiches from our gardens.