Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird

Started by Nick, August 22, 2014, 07:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramx3

I googled the Trinity Alps, was curious since I was out touring northern Cali earlier this year and yea, looks like I drove right around that area along 299 through the mountains along side the flowing river.  Really scenic and cool drive as we made our way from the Redwoods to Lassen.  We didn't stop, but clearly there is much to see out there. 

bosk1

Yeah, it is a pretty big wilderness area with a ton of trails.  We were in a different part of it last year, but I want to go back to this same spot again at some point since we didn't really get to explore much of it due to weather.  But it is a difficult hike with a full pack.  Even though the hike in was only about 5 miles, it was about a 2800 foot altitude gain in that distance, so it is rightly classified as a "difficult" hike.

Quote from: TAC on October 23, 2017, 10:43:16 AM
Bosk, you look like you've lost some weight.

I think I got up to about 240 at my heaviest awhile back.  I am under 185 now.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

bosk1

I didn't see anything other than what I responded to.  Did you edit something out?

TAC

There's funny business going on.. :lol

Yeah the difference is noticeable. Good for you.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

bosk1

It says you edited your post.  PM me whatever the other question was.

TAC

Quote from: bosk1 on October 23, 2017, 12:30:27 PM
It says you edited your post.  PM me whatever the other question was.

I edited a misspelling. That was it. I didn't see your response initially and thought you didn't see my comment. 

All good. Great pics! :tup

gmillerdrake

Looks like a heck of a fun trip you had Bosk!! Certainly the scenery was beautiful but I'm sure the time spent with your kids was even more rewarding  :tup

Snow Dog

Awesome pictures, Bosk! My wife and I were somewhat near that area when we climbed Mt. Eddy two weekends ago. Gorgeous place for sure! Do you live in NorCal, and if so, what part?

bosk1

Quote from: gmillerdrake on October 23, 2017, 07:30:52 PM
Looks like a heck of a fun trip you had Bosk!! Certainly the scenery was beautiful but I'm sure the time spent with your kids was even more rewarding  :tup

It was.  One of the guys who went has a cabin in Trinity Center.  The trailhead was only about 20 minutes from the house, which was nice.  We set out Thursday morning after a full breakfast.  We expected some weather, but it was a LOT more severe than we expected.  Rain started coming down by the bucketful right as we were finishing dinner, and there were really high winds.  Unfortunately, that was the time we discovered that the tent my oldest was in with another boy was no longer water proof.  The other boy went to his dad's tent, and my oldest stuffed himself and what remained dry from his gear into the two-man tent with my other son and I.  And there we stayed to weather the storm.  Close to midnight, it turned to snow.  Since two of our guys had wet gear, and since it was too hard to find anything dry to burn and the wind and rain were making it hard to sustain a campfire anyway, we hiked back out on Friday and went back to the cabin.  It was a cool experience, despite the difficulties.

Quote from: Snow Dog on October 23, 2017, 08:48:41 PM
Awesome pictures, Bosk! My wife and I were somewhat near that area when we climbed Mt. Eddy two weekends ago. Gorgeous place for sure! Do you live in NorCal, and if so, what part?

Thanks.  Yeah, I'm in the Sacramento area.

Stadler

Haha, I was going to ask about the full sleeve on your son too.  :)

TAC

Watching the World Series brought back memories of The TAC Family Summer Vacation two years ago.

The TACs at Dodger Stadium:

black_biff_stadler

Your wife is aging impeccably. Y'all look like a nicely close-knit family too.

TAC

Thank you. Yes she is. I can't post a pic of myself without her in it though. I just don't have any.
They're good kids. This was the Summer of 2015, so they've grown a lot since. My 16 y/o has a full beard.

Podaar

Wait a minute...did B-Flo just get away with calling your wife a MILF? AND, do it in such a way as you thanked him?

Buddy,  :hefdaddy

Stadler

Podaar

So, the "C" stands for cuckold, do you suppose?

Podaar

I'm not getting enough envy in my diet, this thread is overdue for a post from Kholer?!

TAC

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

King Postwhore

TAC

I thought he was paying a compliment. Was he insulting me or my wife?

El Barto

Quote from: TAC on November 02, 2017, 06:15:25 PM
The implication was that he wants to fuck your wife. In reality he was probably paying a compliment, but I really try my best to not understand BF, so who knows.

TAC

As long as he doesn't want to fuck me, I'm good.

King Postwhore

He's saying your wife is hot. That's a compliment.

El Barto

Quote from: TAC on November 02, 2017, 06:37:18 PM
As long as he doesn't want to fuck me, I'm good.
Yeah, this is where I'll be bowing out. Good luck to ya.

TAC

Quote from: kingshmegland on November 02, 2017, 06:37:34 PM

He's saying your wife is hot. That's a compliment.
Well, that's how I took it, but then Podaar started stirring up stuff that I didn't understand.

King Postwhore

TAC

I hope when I get that old, I can get my jollies someway else.

King Postwhore

King Postwhore

TAC