Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 449613 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Post Your Picture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #1715 on: March 22, 2016, 06:16:44 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1716 on: March 22, 2016, 06:21:32 AM »
I love the attire of you two  :lol perfect mix of work and play

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1717 on: March 22, 2016, 10:02:59 AM »
A couple of pics taken in a recent gig of my band, Tangerine Circus.  :D

Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1718 on: March 22, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »

Chad came out of a meeting so no time to change,  I was ready for the fun. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1719 on: March 22, 2016, 07:49:58 PM »

I'd even packed a pair of jeans, and my Spock's Beard T.  But, my meeting ran late, and I had no time to head back to the hotel and change.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1720 on: March 23, 2016, 06:55:44 AM »

Well, see, jb had a meeting that went over the scheduled time, so he couldn't go back and change first.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1721 on: March 23, 2016, 07:00:11 AM »

I'd even packed a pair of jeans, and my Spock's Beard T.  But, my meeting ran late, and I had no time to head back to the hotel and change.

Wearing the crazy colored socks too?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1722 on: March 23, 2016, 09:11:46 AM »

Wearing the crazy colored socks too?

I was!!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1723 on: March 24, 2016, 01:41:48 PM »
I think I might need some moisturizer. :neverusethis:

"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1724 on: March 24, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1725 on: March 25, 2016, 11:57:35 AM »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1726 on: March 28, 2016, 01:58:30 PM »

My father's side of the family at my parents yesterday for Easter.  I am the one in the middle with the dog.

The man all the way on the left is a terminally ill cancer patient who is my parents neighbor.  The guy has 3 months to live and had no where to go for Easter so my parents invited him over, really nice guy.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1727 on: March 28, 2016, 02:09:51 PM »

Also, props for opening your home to someone like that. I'm sure it made him feel good inside to be able to share what might be his last Easter with a loving group.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1728 on: March 28, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »
My father's side of the family at my parents yesterday for Easter.  I am the one in the middle with the dog.
That's a big family! And it was only Easter - I can't imagine what a Christmas / New Year's gathering must be like :P

The girl to your left in the sofa is gorgeous. Is she your girlfriend? Sister? Cousin?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1729 on: March 28, 2016, 05:12:34 PM »
That's a big family! And it was only Easter - I can't imagine what a Christmas / New Year's gathering must be like :P

The girl to your left in the sofa is gorgeous. Is she your girlfriend? Sister? Cousin?

Yea Christmas is a big gathering with the family.  The girl I believe you are referencing is my cousin, she is a beauty and the youngest in the family.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1730 on: March 28, 2016, 05:38:35 PM »
Yea Christmas is a big gathering with the family.  The girl I believe you are referencing is my cousin, she is a beauty and the youngest in the family.
Indeed!
How did you celebrate Easter? Do you share lunch or dinner? Do you eat something in particular? Is there a specific tradition?
We usually share lunch, and give chocolate eggs as presents to relatives. They are expensive as hell, though, so it gets harder when it's a big gathering.

I'm asking because I know there are differences in celebrations between the US and here. For instance, in Christmas everyone opens their presents at midnight, and gatherings end up way late - at 2 or 3 in the morning, after which the younger guys and girls go to a disco or to the beach (since December is Summer here).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1731 on: March 28, 2016, 05:45:02 PM »
Indeed!
How did you celebrate Easter? Do you share lunch or dinner? Do you eat something in particular? Is there a specific tradition?
We usually share lunch, and give chocolate eggs as presents to relatives. They are expensive as hell, though, so it gets harder when it's a big gathering.

I'm asking because I know there are differences in celebrations between the US and here. For instance, in Christmas everyone opens their presents at midnight, and gatherings end up way late - at 2 or 3 in the morning, after which the younger guys and girls go to a disco or to the beach (since December is Summer here).

Easter isn't full of tradition for us.  We all just gathered for a late lunch/early dinner at my parents.  This year we had a ham and a bunch of side dishes.  My christmas tradition doesn't sound that different, lots of seafood and late night opening presents and we usually don't get home until 2-3am (but no disco or beach).  We are all much older now and there are no kids left in the family so we don't do easter eggs or chocolate or anything.  Just eat and drink.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1732 on: March 28, 2016, 06:33:45 PM »

How young?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1733 on: March 29, 2016, 05:56:28 AM »

How young?

Underage lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1734 on: March 29, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »
Damn
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1735 on: March 29, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »
 :lol 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1736 on: March 29, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »
Welcome to the perv club Jay.  It happens when you get older.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1737 on: March 29, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »
Yeah, but sadly the times have changed and being a dirty old man is no longer socially acceptable. I used to crack jokes about my future career as a dirty old man. Now you worry about saying that in public, lest the pitchforks and reality TV hosts come down hard upon you.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1738 on: March 29, 2016, 03:40:43 PM »
Just got to get you game on Barto and not get caught.  It's an art form.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1739 on: March 29, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »
Cram: sits next to hot chick. Holds the dog! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1740 on: March 29, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
It's his cousin.  In some parts of the country, that makes her off-limits.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1741 on: March 29, 2016, 04:47:18 PM »

Some parts.  Some.....

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1742 on: March 29, 2016, 05:06:19 PM »
:rollin

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1743 on: March 29, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »

Some parts.  Some.....

In other parts, she'd be calling Cram, Uncle Dad.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1744 on: March 29, 2016, 05:38:09 PM »
Bingo. :lol

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1745 on: March 29, 2016, 08:36:16 PM »
So, in some states it's considered incest/illegal, but in others it's not? I thought it was the same everywhere.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1746 on: March 29, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »
Individual states still have a lot of say over certain things, and it can vary a lot.  The general rule is that states can have laws which are more restrictive than federal laws, but not less.  But even that is being turned on its head, like with certain drugs being supposedly illegal according to the DEA, but perfectly legal in some states.

I was actually just making a joke about how "some" would consider cousins off limits, when (I think) most people would.  Whether or not it's illegal, I have no idea.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1747 on: March 29, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »
So, in some states it's considered incest/illegal, but in others it's not? I thought it was the same everywhere.
There are laws against incest in every state. What varies is how they define incest and the degree to which they actually give a damn. Prohibited people range form nobody at all to your great aunt's second cousin by marriage, twice removed. It also depends on what the state actually wants to prohibit; marriage, buggery or any sexual contact whatsoever. That also varies wildly. The laws tend to be quite implicit about these sorts of things (and often times quite comical). In Rhode Island you can bang anybody of consenting age. You just can't marry them. The District of Columbia prohibits marriage, intercourse or cohabitation with your son's daughter's husband or your daughter's daughter's husband, but presumably you can roger your grand-daughter's wife til the cows come home (and possibly bang them as well, I'm not sure).

In any event, first and second cousins are one of the most variable components.

I was actually just making a joke about how "some" would consider cousins off limits, when (I think) most people would.  Whether or not it's illegal, I have no idea.
Meh, don't give a damn. Knock yourself out. Depending on their closeness it might or might not be a bit creepy, but creepy is in the eye of the beholder as far as I'm concerned. Try to avoid cranking out flipper-babies is pretty much all I ask for.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1748 on: March 30, 2016, 02:12:24 AM »
The only cousins I have that are hot aren't technically my cousins.  Or they are but by marriage. 

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1749 on: March 30, 2016, 03:14:28 AM »
The only cousins I have that are hot aren't technically my cousins.  Or they are but by marriage.

Same here. It made things a bit confusing back when we were younger.  :millahhhh