Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 447440 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #5215 on: November 22, 2020, 01:04:44 PM »
I had to chuckle about the carpet vs hardwood issue.  The house we  purchased in 2006 had hard wood and after a year or so my wife wanted to carpet over the hardwood.  So far I have been able to talk her down.

The deal is if I die first, she carpets the whole house and if she dies first, I get a dumpster and pitch all the stuff she is saving-hoarding.  Our kids know we are both serious.

HAHA, this got not just a laugh out loud, but a belly laugh out loud. A BLOL.   :)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5216 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:04 PM »
I had to chuckle about the carpet vs hardwood issue.  The house we  purchased in 2006 had hard wood and after a year or so my wife wanted to carpet over the hardwood.  So far I have been able to talk her down.

Not sure if typo/serious, but I doubt she wants to put carpet over the hardwood(?)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5217 on: November 22, 2020, 01:20:38 PM »

Not sure if typo/serious, but I doubt she wants to put carpet over the hardwood(?)

That's actually pretty common (a mistake, if you ask me, but common).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5218 on: November 22, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »

I've commented on this before, but I LOVE that olive color of the walls.  My "front room" is painted that color.
Thank you. My wife picked it out.  ;D

We inherited a color like that in this house, and couldn't paint over it fast enough. 

Yeah, so um..no offence taken... ::)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #5219 on: November 22, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »

Yes, she is serious.  We do have plenty of rugs, but they are much older than TAC’s rugs.  Good quality rugs are expensive.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5220 on: November 22, 2020, 06:38:07 PM »

I've commented on this before, but I LOVE that olive color of the walls.  My "front room" is painted that color.

We inherited a color like that in this house, and couldn't paint over it fast enough. 

No kidding.  :)

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #5221 on: November 22, 2020, 06:55:16 PM »
Maybe it's an age thing. I've got a room with that color in it as well. Looks good to me.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5222 on: November 22, 2020, 07:02:51 PM »
Doesn't night last for like three months in Canada?  That could be some of it.   It's dark.  :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5223 on: November 22, 2020, 07:49:32 PM »
Yeah, I don't mind that colour either.  Nice contrast with the floor and the couch actually.

Tim, what's that UFO CD on the coffee table?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5224 on: November 22, 2020, 07:50:08 PM »

Yes, she is serious.  We do have plenty of rugs, but they are much older than TAC’s rugs.  Good quality rugs are expensive.

Ok, a rug over hardwood is fine. Carpeting over hardwood is not. Make sure that is written up in the will.  :)

And I think that wall color looks good with the trim and flooring.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5225 on: November 22, 2020, 08:02:25 PM »
Yeah, I don't mind that colour either.  Nice contrast with the floor and the couch actually.

And the Moosehead bottle..

Tim, what's that UFO CD on the coffee table?

So on the little table near my laptop is the UFO Official Bootleg Box Set.

It's a must have. It contains 6 shows. One of them is the Cleveland '78 show that was just released was part of the Strangers Deluxe set.

On the table near my glasses is a bootleg call Dr Jeckll And Mr Plug Keep On Rockin'.

It's a bootleg version of the Chicago '78 show. The cleaned up version is also part of the new Strangers Deluxe Box set.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5226 on: November 23, 2020, 12:39:26 AM »
So many nuggets in that picture Tim haha.

That bootleg set looks awesome.  That 77 set list is awesome.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5227 on: November 23, 2020, 04:50:12 AM »

TASTESTM!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5228 on: November 29, 2020, 02:30:38 PM »
Poll: Picture 1, or Picture 2?

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5229 on: November 29, 2020, 02:44:02 PM »
I like #2.

You have dreamy blue eyes! ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5230 on: November 29, 2020, 02:52:33 PM »
Got to say #2 as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5231 on: November 29, 2020, 03:28:03 PM »
Now that's a good looking couple! Both are great but I give the slight edge to #2 as well.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #5232 on: November 29, 2020, 03:28:52 PM »
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5233 on: November 29, 2020, 03:29:32 PM »
I agree with you guys. We have been overruled by Mrs. P, primarily because of the dog...I suspect.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5234 on: November 29, 2020, 03:31:06 PM »
I didn't even see the dog until you pointed it out!  :facepalm: :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5235 on: November 29, 2020, 03:45:23 PM »
I didn't see the dog at first, but I like #1 better anyway.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5236 on: November 29, 2020, 03:50:43 PM »
I posted quickly, but I would've said I'd take Mrs P from #1 and Gregg from #2. That jacket is bad ass and the Hawaiian shirt..well..isn't. ;D

Mrs. P looks sexy in the first pic, but the dog kind of kills it for me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5237 on: November 29, 2020, 04:50:23 PM »

Don’t feel bad. Me too.

I posted quickly, but I would've said I'd take Mrs P from #1 and Gregg from #2. That jacket is bad ass and the Hawaiian shirt..well..isn't. ;D

:iagree:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5238 on: November 29, 2020, 05:45:14 PM »
@Tim.

First of all I would have thought you'd dig the first one because of the dog. Doesn't it remind you of the cover of Animal Magnetism?

Second of all, do not disrespect the Holiday Hawaiian shirt. It's a tradition that Papa (me) wears a new one every winter season. My grandkids love it and will be missing it due to the pandemic.  :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5239 on: November 29, 2020, 05:51:05 PM »
Tim has his Helloween concert tee he wears every Christmas.   He was buried in the time capsule with it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5240 on: November 29, 2020, 06:31:33 PM »
@Tim.

First of all I would have thought you'd dig the first one because of the dog. Doesn't it remind you of the cover of Animal Magnetism?

Now that you mention it, it does look like the Animal magnetism cover. Of course that album blows chunks! ;D

Second of all, do not disrespect the Holiday Hawaiian shirt. It's a tradition that Papa (me) wears a new one every winter season. My grandkids love it and will be missing it due to the pandemic.  :)

Oh, OK then, Grandkids trump everything. I'd wear a fucking dress if my grandkids got a kick out of it!!

But I highly complimented the jacket, the Mrs, and your dreamy blue eyes.  :) :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5241 on: November 29, 2020, 07:16:29 PM »

Don’t feel bad. Me too.

:iagree:

I agree too.

Except...

Good point; I'm on the fence now.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5242 on: November 29, 2020, 07:17:32 PM »
@Tim.

Now that you mention it, it does look like the Animal magnetism cover. Of course that album blows chunks! ;D

It should surprise absolutely no one - certainly not TAC - that that is a top 2 or 3 Scorpions album for me.  May even be number one.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5243 on: November 29, 2020, 07:19:55 PM »
Yup, no surprise there. :lol

Maybe next, Pods and Mrs Pods can recreate the Lovedrive album cover! ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5244 on: November 30, 2020, 04:19:18 AM »
That shirt makes pic 2 the easy winner.  ;D

I like the puppy though.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5245 on: November 30, 2020, 05:17:52 AM »
I'm shocked at the hate my 2020 Home for the Huladay's shirt is getting. That sucker is a pure silk party with 100% class. Ya'll are crazy.

That shirt makes pic 2 the easy winner.  ;D

I like the puppy though.

Sagan (the puppy, as you put it) is a big sweetie. His beard is getting whiter than mine. I hope he makes it to next year's xmas picture.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5246 on: November 30, 2020, 06:20:45 AM »
Gregg, we got 2 cats, both 16 years old. I worry bout that too.  Such great pets.  Our cat before was great too.  We've had almost 30 years of fantastic pets.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5247 on: November 30, 2020, 06:34:47 AM »
Gregg, we got 2 cats, both 16 years old. I worry bout that too.  Such great pets.  Our cat before was great too.  We've had almost 30 years of fantastic pets.

Joe, I've been really missing my cat (the late, great, Margret-Elizabeth) this week. She loved, loved, the Christmas tree and would get all noisy and lovey when I'd drag it in from the garage every black Friday. It really made me sad while I trimmed the tree. Even though she lived to a ripe old age of 19, it wasn't long enough in my book. Give your kitties loves from me.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5248 on: November 30, 2020, 06:39:48 AM »

HAHA

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5249 on: November 30, 2020, 06:42:17 AM »

HAHA

I already did with the lovely Mrs. TAC. If you want to see the picture, Tim, look under the panties in the top drawer of her dresser. The right side, toward the back.