Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 442589 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #4865 on: May 08, 2020, 03:36:22 PM »
That bottom picture is all "Let's go this way honey." "No, let's go this way." This disagreements started quickly!  :biggrin:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4866 on: May 08, 2020, 05:00:39 PM »
Very nice, and cool setting!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4867 on: May 18, 2020, 10:35:59 AM »

Did a thing
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4868 on: May 18, 2020, 10:44:14 AM »
Dude!   By the way, I love when you do that "3...2...1... Go" thing and try to stump the contestants.  And they stand there while the clock is running.  You'd think they'd've watched at least ONE episode of Guy's Grocery Games before being on it.  ;)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4869 on: May 18, 2020, 10:53:14 AM »
so dreamy

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4870 on: May 18, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »
Portnoy??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4871 on: May 18, 2020, 11:29:20 AM »
Nice Work  :metal
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #4872 on: May 19, 2020, 04:23:28 PM »
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4873 on: June 05, 2020, 05:10:47 AM »

C'est Moi  ;D ;D

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4874 on: June 05, 2020, 11:21:37 PM »

KOTOW!

C'est Moi  ;D ;D

Your hair seems, less messy than I remember :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4875 on: June 05, 2020, 11:40:07 PM »
He probably brushed it.   Or maybe combed it.  I can think of several possibilities.  No, actually I can just think of two.  I'd say he either brushed or combed his hair since the last time he posted a picture.  It's been a while, so he could conceivably have done both, maybe even more than once.  Who can say?

Online mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #4876 on: June 06, 2020, 05:20:13 AM »
I really like that jacket.  Looks kind of retro.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4877 on: June 06, 2020, 05:34:58 AM »
Granddaughter's High School graduation parade in the time of Covid-19. It was pretty cool to see all the community out in force (keeping their distance, of course) cheering on the graduates. The school is seriously considering keeping the event for future graduations. A new community tradition?

"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4878 on: June 06, 2020, 05:39:51 AM »
That's fantastic, Gregg.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4879 on: June 06, 2020, 06:39:57 AM »
Yup. Love to see she was able to be with loved ones and celebrated.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4880 on: June 06, 2020, 01:45:38 PM »
Awesome stuff Gregg    :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4881 on: June 06, 2020, 02:40:38 PM »
I really like that jacket.  Looks kind of retro.

Apart from shoes and underwear obviously - I buy all my clothes from charity shops. Can get some amazing gear from them.

i think this jacket was Ł7 and was in perfect condition.

Plus it has a kind of Kirk in Wrath of Khan kinda vibe so yeah ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4882 on: June 06, 2020, 08:24:22 PM »
Granddaughter's High School graduation parade in the time of Covid-19. It was pretty cool to see all the community out in force (keeping their distance, of course) cheering on the graduates. The school is seriously considering keeping the event for future graduations. A new community tradition?

That's awesome Gregg! They let family members in the parade? How was the ceremony?

I'm not a car guy, but....nice car! :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #4883 on: June 07, 2020, 12:44:34 AM »
Congrats Gregg!

And I second the thumbs up to the nice ride.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4884 on: June 07, 2020, 04:29:09 AM »
That's awesome Gregg! They let family members in the parade? How was the ceremony?

Tim, the graduates with their families were the parade! A pair of motorcycle cops, one fire truck, and one paramedic truck lead us out. The city police also provided a couple of roving SUV officers to stop traffic and heard the parade participants. The inspiring part was how much of the community came out to cheer the students. Civic pride and a sense of community was making me misty-eyed.

The ceremony was all done on line earlier that day. The student body and faculty did not gather. Their contributions were all prerecorded and assembled into one smooth flowing ceremony. It was actually quite nice to watch.

I'm not a car guy, but....nice car! :tup

And I second the thumbs up to the nice ride.

Oh, this ol' thing? It's getting a bit long in the tooth 65,000 miles. I was trying to convince Mrs. P that it was time to upgrade it just yesterday. She basically told me to go fuck myself  :lol  She loves that car!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4885 on: June 07, 2020, 05:46:35 AM »

Tim, the graduates with their families were the parade! A pair of motorcycle cops, one fire truck, and one paramedic truck lead us out. The city police also provided a couple of roving SUV officers to stop traffic and heard the parade participants. The inspiring part was how much of the community came out to cheer the students. Civic pride and a sense of community was making me misty-eyed.

The ceremony was all done on line earlier that day. The student body and faculty did not gather. Their contributions were all prerecorded and assembled into one smooth flowing ceremony. It was actually quite nice to watch.

Oh OK. For my son's graduation today, we're going to sit in an assigned spot in the school parking lot for the "ceremony". Then we'll drive up and he'll get out to get his diploma, and then back to the spot. Then there will be a car parade.

In our town (my son is actually graduating from the neighboring town), the last day of school for the seniors is followed by a car parade, which my son also took part in. It was really nice. He even made the local newspaper's website with a pic. For that graduation, they actually delayed it until July, and they're planning on having an outside ceremony.

If you're available, we'd be happy to rent a Grampa for the day! ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4886 on: June 07, 2020, 11:08:16 AM »
Very cool Podaar!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4887 on: June 07, 2020, 05:21:10 PM »
Cut, recolor, shave.

Probably gonna shave the side(s) down some more.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4888 on: June 14, 2020, 11:22:42 AM »
Over this whole quarantine time, my girl and I went through and watched all the view askew universe movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike back...and the reboots) so since the stay at home restrictions were just lifted in NJ and yesterday was a beautiful summer Saturday, we drove over to the Quick Stop (15 minutes away from my house) to check it out.  It's still exactly the same as the original Clerks movie, even inside  :lol

So of course needed to take a pic leaning on the wall acting like I'm dealing weed

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4889 on: June 14, 2020, 02:38:18 PM »
Anyone wanna Taco bout their weekend so far?

Mine has been the pits...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4890 on: June 14, 2020, 03:03:25 PM »

Your hair seems, less messy than I remember :lol

I never used to get an undercut. I used to grow it all over til it was curly and messy AF then get a crew cut then start all over.

Last time I went I thought - screw it - I get the same thing everytime. Shave the sides and keep it like 1 inch long on top so i can still mess with it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4891 on: June 14, 2020, 04:03:47 PM »
Over this whole quarantine time, my girl and I went through and watched all the view askew universe movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike back...and the reboots) so since the stay at home restrictions were just lifted in NJ and yesterday was a beautiful summer Saturday, we drove over to the Quick Stop (15 minutes away from my house) to check it out.  It's still exactly the same as the original Clerks movie, even inside  :lol

No way, I didn't realize that was an actual place - even though it would make sense since they wouldn't have had the budget to built it on a soundstage. It's great that it is still there!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4892 on: June 14, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »
Never heard of it.

And Cram, how do we know that's really you?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4893 on: June 14, 2020, 04:36:57 PM »
Never heard of it.

If you had Facebook,  you'd know it was him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #4894 on: June 14, 2020, 04:49:09 PM »
Never heard of it.

If you had Facebook,  you'd know it was him.
Never heard of it.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4895 on: June 14, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
 :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4896 on: June 14, 2020, 05:26:18 PM »
 :lol

So Facebook got a mask free pic, but DTF got screwed?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4897 on: June 14, 2020, 05:48:19 PM »
Both Tim.  As a matter of fact, you're missing some great memes Coz shared with me today.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4898 on: June 14, 2020, 05:53:37 PM »
Nope. DTF got the funniest one today:

We got Winery Dogs out of it, which I would listen to over DT any day of the week

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #4899 on: June 14, 2020, 06:50:15 PM »
It's funny because it's true. The first WD album > the entire DT catalog.

Also, hey Luddite, get on Facebook.