Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 448705 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Post Your Picture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #2660 on: December 29, 2016, 08:06:51 AM »
Well, of course.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2661 on: December 29, 2016, 08:14:50 AM »
They'd have made Whitefish Bay if they'd put fifteen more miles behind her.

Don't ever joke about the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.  That good ship and true was a bone to be chewed, when the gales of November came early.   

(I'm kidding, but I LOVE that song.  One of my favorites). 

Being from Michigan, I grew up hearing that song all the time, so while I still like it and think it's a good song, I could probably go the rest of my life without ever hearing it again.

The killer for me was when we went on vacation one year up to Lake Superior, and we visited The Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum (or something like that).  Pretty cool, lots of history and stuff, but there was a large gallery devoted to The Edmund Fitzgerald with actual parts of the ship that they'd recovered, and that song played on a continuous loop the entire time.  I'm pretty sure they turned it on in the morning and turned it off when they closed at night.  I spent maybe 20 minutes in that room trying to read about the ship and all that, but eventually I just couldn't take it any more.  One song, over and over, all day.  Doesn't matter how good the song is, that killed it for me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2662 on: December 29, 2016, 08:26:27 AM »
I'm not from there, and I've never been to that museum, but I could certainly go the rest of my life without hearing that damn song again.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2663 on: December 29, 2016, 09:35:41 AM »
My 8-year-old step son is fascinated with trains, and now boats, specifically shipwrecks.  "Titanic" is my daughter's favorite movie; he asked her to watch it with him, and she thought she was in for almost three hours of glorious Leo.  Alas, he fast-forwarded to the sinking parts, and so they were done in probably 25 minutes with the entire movie, until he said "want to watch it again?"

Anyway, one night he was showing me pictures of famous shipwrecks, and one was the "Edmund Fitzgerald".  I noted there was a song.  He asked to hear it.  We listened to it SEVEN TIMES in a row, and for the seventh time, he had me pause after every line or so to explain it to him.  I did, since it was a learning experience, and at least he wasn't stuck in front of a video game, but as much as I love the song (and I do love the song) even that was a little much.   Though I still get a thrill out of the native American pronunciation of "Dee-tro-it". 

Also, a friend of mine was in the Merchant Marine, and he had to do a term paper on the EF, analyzing her sinking.   I listened to about an hour of that in a car as we drove across northern Turkey once.  :) 

Apparently, I have strong connections to that song.  :)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2664 on: December 30, 2016, 02:10:22 AM »
Mighty few pics in the pic thread. Let me fix that.

This is me, making some money on Christmas Eve by playing Santa for a few kids. Tons of fun and they were all really cute. :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:18:50 AM by Scorpion »
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2665 on: December 30, 2016, 02:15:20 AM »
 :rollin

Man I could've used an extra buck, doing this santa-thing next year too.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #2666 on: January 01, 2017, 04:16:42 AM »
 :lol Nice Scorp!
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2667 on: January 01, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
Here is me at one of those indoor skydiving places

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2668 on: January 01, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »
That's awesome! But what is that guy doing to your ass?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2669 on: January 01, 2017, 01:51:09 PM »
That looks like so much fun.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2670 on: January 01, 2017, 01:52:40 PM »
I want to go skydiving one day, just want someone to go with.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2671 on: January 01, 2017, 07:17:38 PM »

Not sure if serious, but I think he is getting my feet away from the wall. Those suits also have handles on the backs, so the trainer can hold on to you and guide you if necessary.

It was a gift so didn't cost me anything. I am about as far away from a daredevil as you can get, and can't begin to compare it to the real thing. But it was great fun. I have a video too, will try and post.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2672 on: January 01, 2017, 07:20:30 PM »
Definitely NOT serious.

Looks awesome!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #2673 on: January 02, 2017, 01:27:08 AM »
That looks like so much fun.

Reading these posts back-to-back made me laugh.  :lol
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2674 on: January 03, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »
Here's the indoor skydiving video:

https://vimeo.com/196206246

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2675 on: January 04, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:58:39 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2676 on: January 07, 2017, 11:48:10 PM »
Down almost 20 lbs. since Thanksgiving and have gone from borderline XL shirts and snugly fitting in 38" waist pants to medium shirts and 34" pants.

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Adami

« Reply #2677 on: January 07, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2678 on: January 07, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
You got any plans for dat tongue 2nyte, boi?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2679 on: January 08, 2017, 11:04:50 AM »
Keep up the good work! :tup

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2680 on: January 08, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »
Thanks orby!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2681 on: January 08, 2017, 08:48:25 PM »
Coincidentally, this shoop was done by the guy who got me to join DTF:

Offline Adami

« Reply #2682 on: January 08, 2017, 08:55:55 PM »
I like your Spiderman shirt.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
Too soon?...
« Reply #2683 on: January 08, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »
I like my vomit.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2684 on: January 09, 2017, 07:22:54 AM »
Good job on the weight loss  :yarr

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2685 on: January 09, 2017, 10:38:39 AM »
Thank you crammy :)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2686 on: January 09, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »
Down almost 20 lbs. since Thanksgiving and have gone from borderline XL shirts and snugly fitting in 38" waist pants to medium shirts and 34" pants.

:clap:  36" waist are currently comfy on me and 34" are a smidge tight. IF I can get down to where 34" waist are loose on me i'll be happy. :)

I've been going without sugar for a week. Not very long I know but it's a start. No sugar in my tea of coffee. No soft drinks at all. No snacking between meals.

I know it's going to be tough and boring but the results ( if any ) will be worth it I hope.

But it was my brother's 13th birthday yesterday and I had a can of coke and a slice of cake 😫.

Ah well it won't kill me I guess after a week of avoiding sugar entirely.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2687 on: January 09, 2017, 11:22:02 AM »
Nah dude, don't feel worried if you have the occasional indulgence as long as 90-95% of your food choices are good ones. Also, I'm only 5'10" (1.78m) and between medium and small framed so I'm naturally gonna be a little smaller than you if both of us were to compare sizes at identical levels of being in shape. I just hope to have my gut completely gone in another two months. Due to my absurd love of food (especially beer and cheese) I had an unusually huge gut for my size to begin with so I know I'll just have to be patient.

For now, just keep doing what you're doing and I strongly suggest cooking healthy dishes you've never had before cuz it makes eating healthy fun and appealing to your taste buds thus greatly reducing the likelihood of falling off the wagon. Just try googling "healthy [insert name of lean protein] dishes" and look through what comes up until your curiosity is piqued.

Just in the last 6 weeks I've made teriyaki salmon, ground turkey tacos with romaine leaves instead of taco shells, baked shark, balsamic chicken, and cashew chicken. Except for the shark, I'd rate everything else easily 7/10 or better.

Feel free to pm me if you want any ideas or have any questions.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2688 on: January 09, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Dave Lombardo? :P
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2689 on: January 09, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
I'm a lot nicer though. I just look dickish cuz I'm always worried about appearing lazy-eyed in pics. I think I tend to focus in on the lens too much since I hate pics where people are looking off in the distance rather than facing the people who'll actually be looking at the pic after it's been taken.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: January 09, 2017, 11:45:40 AM »
Nah dude, don't feel worried if you have the occasional indulgence as long as 90-95% of your food choices are good ones. Also, I'm only 5'10" (1.78m) and between medium and small framed so I'm naturally gonna be a little smaller than you if both of us were to compare sizes at identical levels of being in shape. I just hope to have my gut completely gone in another two months. Due to my absurd love of food (especially beer and cheese) I had an unusually huge gut for my size to begin with so I know I'll just have to be patient.

You're only 5'10" ? :p

I'm 5'8" at best. I'm a little dude. But i'm pretty well built so that doesn't help. I guess I look buff or whatever but there's also a bit of a paunch. :)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2691 on: January 09, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »

This was a few weeks ago.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2692 on: January 09, 2017, 12:12:42 PM »
Well, the clothing is doing a good job of hiding the paunch. You don't look noticeably out of shape. Are you exercising too? I started off by only doing like 50 crunches a day and like 25 or 50 girl pushups (hands and knees contacting the ground as opposed to normal pushups where your hands and toes are the contact points) and was right back to doing 100 crunches and 50 real pushups per workout and doing about 10-12 of those workouts per week less than a month after I'd started this health kick.

The double whammy of losing weight plus gaining muscle will make your workouts noticeably easier in just a few weeks time and then you can gradually intensify it to greater levels to expedite your progress if you wish.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2693 on: January 09, 2017, 12:30:02 PM »
Not really doing any extra exercise beyond my job being fairly physical. I'll try and see how many pushups I can do but i've hurt ligaments in both my arm and leg so that doesn't help.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2694 on: January 09, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
Well, the clothing is doing a good job of hiding the paunch. You don't look noticeably out of shape. Are you exercising too? I started off by only doing like 50 crunches a day and like 25 or 50 girl pushups (hands and knees contacting the ground as opposed to normal pushups where your hands and toes are the contact points) and was right back to doing 100 crunches and 50 real pushups per workout and doing about 10-12 of those workouts per week less than a month after I'd started this health kick.

The double whammy of losing weight plus gaining muscle will make your workouts noticeably easier in just a few weeks time and then you can gradually intensify it to greater levels to expedite your progress if you wish.

Is this the only workout you did to lose weight?  besides a good diet as well?  Like no cardio?