Author Topic: What made you happy today?  (Read 95435 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What made you happy today?
« Reply #2450 on: April 05, 2024, 06:05:18 AM »
It's funny - well not funny exactly but you know - watching my son and his ex (who couldn't possibly be more insecure) with their kids.   I have to remind him all the time that if the kid has a meltdown when you pick them up it's almost 100% nothing to do with THEM or whether the kid likes them, and almost entirely to do with the activity at hand. 

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2451 on: April 05, 2024, 12:19:59 PM »
It's funny - well not funny exactly but you know - watching my son and his ex (who couldn't possibly be more insecure) with their kids.   I have to remind him all the time that if the kid has a meltdown when you pick them up it's almost 100% nothing to do with THEM or whether the kid likes them, and almost entirely to do with the activity at hand. 

Yep, I knew when I first glanced at her that it wouldn't be an easy pick up because she was in the midst of a lot of fun.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #2452 on: April 06, 2024, 04:40:37 AM »
Spur of the moment trip to see my wife's favorite band Fuel last night.  We've seen them a few times over the years, each time she's like a little kid singing along to every song.   :metal

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #2453 on: April 06, 2024, 05:20:57 AM »
A kickass annual review, and a nice raise to go with it. 🙀✨very encouraging and a pleasant surprise.🌟
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 02:38:51 PM by crystalstars17 »
“It’s the gloomy things that need our help. If everything in the garden is sunny, why meddle?”
— Lady Sybil Crawley, Downton Abbey, Season 1

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2454 on: Today at 07:32:33 AM »
Was visiting my oldest daughter who lives a little north of Albany this past Sunday when an Amber Alert went out on my phone. A 9-year old girl was missing from a local campground; they found her bike abandoned. After a frantic search they ended up calling the authorities who after investigating said the girl was in real danger of harm. Our family got emotionally involved in this case and checked frequently for updates.

But GREAT NEWS - they caught the scumbag who abducted her and it appears she is unharmed:

https://news.yahoo.com/suspect-case-missing-9-old-095014085.html?ref=upstract.com  (scroll down for a mug shot of this lowlife)

When this piece of human trash gets to prison I hope he gets the treatment for all the mental anguish and torment he caused the parents.

Justice served! He was just sentenced to 47 years  :angel:.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2455 on: Today at 08:11:24 AM »
A kickass annual review, and a nice raise to go with it. 🙀✨very encouraging and a pleasant surprise.🌟

Hell yeah!! Congratulations!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2456 on: Today at 06:34:01 PM »

That is awesome news! :tup

Online pg1067

« Reply #2457 on: Today at 08:27:27 PM »
I got to see my kid play live music for the first time since shortly before she graduated high school two years ago.

Before she went back to school this year, she suggested that, instead of coming out for parents' weekend, I come out to see one of her band concerts.  Since none of the scheduled activities were particularly interesting to us, I thought it was a great idea.  In addition to getting to see the Keene State Concert Band, I also got to see the Keene High School band performing on its own, and they did one piece together.

And tomorrow, I'm taking the kiddo and a couple friends for dinner before I fly back on Saturday.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung