Author Topic: A DT related dilema!  (Read 806 times)

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
A DT related dilema!
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:55:28 AM »
Firstly, I'm not sure what the subject for this topic should be, but...
Basically, I'm going into my final year in school, and, for my final *HUGE* electronics project, I have to build a promotional display. As usual, I decided to do something DT related, however, for this project, our teacher has stated that we must ask permission to use the logos and images for the company we are designing the product for. This is where my problem comes in. I have tried asking the DT facebook page & I have emailed various places I have been to see DT live, but I have received no replies. My only other thought was to email roadrunner, however, I'm not sure what assistance they would be.
Thanks.
JMPGR

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: A DT related dilema!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:00 AM »
I did a couple of band related assignments back in the day and never had to do anything like this.  I don't think the band would really care.  But, for something like this, I doubt you'll get any response.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:48:46 AM »
It's true that the band probably wouldn't care, but I'm guessing it's part of the project to show you can get permission from the associated parties or something. It's certainly worth a try posting here because someone might be able to help you, that someone isn't me though I'm afraid.  :sadpanda:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:00:34 AM »
Email RR.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 06:25:19 AM »
Thanks, guys.
I'm gonna try contacting some other people to base my project on. I'll definitely contact roadrunner tho. If they don't get back, I think I'll have to do a non DT related product for the first time ever tho!  :lol