Author Topic: LieLowTheWantedMan's Top 50 albums v. jesus christ again bro come on (1)  (Read 10401 times)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: LieLowTheWantedMan's Top 50 albums v. jesus christ again bro come on (5)
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
No luck catching them Swans?

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »
I'll be honest, I can't see anyone guessing 4 or 2 because I don't think I've talked about them very much but who knows? :o

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »
Honourable mention:

Soft Machine - Third (1970)

So yeah, Soft Machine is also an honourable mention since my honourable mentions do not adhere to the frontman rule. :D Also Wyatt being the frontman is kind of debatable as I think all the members did their part equally. Wyatt only sings on one song anyway, the rest are instrumental. There are only 4 tracks, all of which are 18 or 19 minutes. It's mostly jazz-fusiony stuff, but forays into psychedelic pop in Moon in June. Really have to be in the mood for this one, but it's quite an amazing album.

4. Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister (1996)

Belle and Sebastian are a band apparently conceived for a college project. And their first album, Tigermilk, is amazing. They'd better have gotten 100% for that. ;) This is their followup, which was released only about five months after Tigermilk. And it blows it out of the water entirely IMO. Belle and Sebastian are a Scottish indie/twee pop group led by Stuart Murdoch. Their music isn't really unique or groundbreaking at all. It doesn't stick out a ton in its field soundwise. So why do I think this album is so amazing? Well, simply, it just is. It doesn't mean to be innovative or groundbreaking. It's just good music. Really, really good music. Basically all ten songs on this album are top tier stuff. And I can always pick it up and enjoy the hell out of it.

So like I said before, this is twee pop. It's got a cutesy, childish attitude to it, almost made even more apparent by Murdoch's fragile, lispy voice. A common theme of Belle and Sebastian's music are children/teenagers with really screwed up lives. Speaking of the lyrics, Belle and Sebastian have some of my favourite out of any band. Not only are they amazing at telling the story, but Murdoch has a sense of humour and wit comparable to Morrissey's (most famously known as frontman of The Smiths) so you may well get a laugh out of lots of them too. They really add a ton to the music and should definitely be paid attention to. The music, by the way, ranges from beauty to just being earworms, and often a pleasant mix of both. There are a few sadder songs (Fox in the Snow and The Boy Done Wrong Again mostly), but most of the songs will make you feel pretty upbeat even if the subject matter is not so bright and cheery. The band also uses quite a wide range of instruments which I always like.

So yeah, this is an example of an album that isn't exactly special soundwise, but has such a consistent quality to it that I love it to death. I can listen to it any time and enjoy it, and laugh at the little humourous bits in the lyrics. It's not energy-packed music, but good music to sit down and ride the bus to. If you're into indie, definitely give it a shot.

Best tracks: All

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:48:51 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Re: LieLowTheWantedMan's Top 50 albums v. jesus christ again bro come on (4)
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »
IYFS is a perfect record for this season,everyone who hasn't heard it before should just give it a shot already.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2014, 10:16:04 PM »
Ahh that's a good thought. It really is a perfect autumn record.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2014, 01:45:53 AM »
Its spring here so I guess I'll wait a year :P

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2014, 04:14:22 PM »
Its spring here so I guess I'll wait a year :P
This. Btw, you have some really amazing choices on your top, so I've added most of it to my to-listen list. Damn, there's more than 170 albums there :lol .

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2014, 12:03:25 AM »
Honourable mention:

Dream Theater - Awake (1994)

I almost never listen to DT anymore. But when I do it's almost always this, because in my opinion almost everything is at its A-game here. The production is miles ahead of any other DT album and has a distinct atmosphere to it. The lyrics are great throughout, lyrics being something I consider a big weak spot of theirs. JLB is at his absolute best. It has tons of memorable melodies. Lots of genuine emotion throughout the album. The musicianship is fun and impressive but doesn't get overly wanky at any point. Hell, I feel I should listen to it more, but I'm never in the mood. Seriously though, I really dig this one.

3. Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind (1996)

Swans has one of the most astounding track records of any band. Their first studio album was in 1983 and they're still releasing masterpieces. Back in their early days, they made some of the grittiest, ugliest music known to man. Heavier than most metal despite not being metal. 1983's Filth almost wore on your emotions because of how ugly and heavy it was, but it was something else. They went on to release several critically acclaimed albums and twist and evolve their sound again and again before quitting after this album here in 1996. They then returned in 2010 with My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky. A good album, but it wasn't top tier Swans. People didn't expect a ton after it. Then 2012's The Seer came and blew everyone way, being heralded as one of the greatest albums of their lengthy career. Now this year they proved it wasn't a fluke by releasing arguably an even more critically acclaimed album in To Be Kind (so far a distant runaway for my AOTY). The fact a band can still release top tier stuff that late in their career is really something special.

Now to focus on this album. It is the first of three double disc, 2 hour+ (okay The Seer is SLIGHTLY under 2 hours) albums by the group. This one being a whopping 2:21:37. So the length alone drips of ambition. It should also warn you it's not easy to tackle. Believe it or not it's probably even more difficult than the length suggests. :lol It took me a long time to digest it. Like well over a year, maybe 2 I'm not sure. ThatOneGuy2112 was correct when he pointed out my samples comment in Lift Your Skinny Fists. ;) This album paints dreadfully eerie pictures with its use of spoken word samples. A couple notable ones being the one in I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull, coming from a tape Jarboe got from her father's (an FBI agent's) desk, what seems to be a phone sex worker in The Beautiful Days, and Jarboe's mother (speaking about coping with some sort of illness/injury) and Gira's father (speaking about losing his sight) in How They Suffer. All of these samples are incredibly effective and give me major chills at certain points.

So music related stuff. Well the entire album seems to be rife with this indescribable atmosphere. I really don't know what to say about it. It's been said the album was supposed to be a soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist, and I can totally feel that. The album is diverse in sound but doesn't drop that weird atmosphere. We have some post-rock tracks, most notably in Helpless Child and The Sound which are the two greatest tracks on the album. Then there's some really unnerving drone/ambient tracks like The Beautiful Days, I Love You This Much (most misleading title ever), and Her Mouth Is Filled With Honey (dear lord this one is something else, but I love it :heart :heart :heart). A crazy and distorted dance pop track in Volcano. Some good old fashioned punk rawk in Yum-Yab Killers. And hell, in Blood Section and Fan's Lament the album even sounds kind of happy. But it's definitely not happy as a whole. It's a dark, dark album. Also, random thing I love I feel obligated to say, but in Red Velvet Wound when it reprises the weird whirring drone from Red Velvet Corridor... massive love for some reason :heart :heart :heart.

I could go on and on about this album for days. It's more of an experience than an album. There is nothing like it, and there will never be anything like it. Even their amazing last two albums that were both also huge double discers are nothing like it. Those albums there's usually a consistent stream of music going on. This one is almost like a demented whirlpool of drones and field recordings with the occasional super awesome musical number to spice things up. It's almost apocalyptic. It makes me feel like nothing else. It's really hard to recommend this album to anyone I don't know fairly well but if you're interested in my description of this one feel free to give it a shot. It's completely nuts.

Best tracks: I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull, Helpless Child, The Beautiful Days, All Lined Up, How They Suffer, Animus, The Sound, Her Mouth Is Filled With Honey, Minus Something, I Love You This Much, YRP, The Final Sacrifice

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2014, 12:12:48 AM »
Knew it was only a matter of time until this one popped up. :biggrin:

I feel like I've been too harsh on the album in the past, nearly dismissing it as "unimpressive" or "shotty in areas". Your comment about it taking a long time to digest couldn't be any more true--this album is one that requires patience, but once you've got it, you've got it.

Now, I can't help but regard it as a masterpiece. I'll bear the shame of my former opinion of it if I must. :lol Truly one of the most dark, haunting, solemn, yet strangely beautiful experiences captured in audio that exists.

• DTF.org Member
Re: LieLowTheWantedMan's Top 50 albums v. jesus christ again bro come on (3)
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »
Basically the same here. While I enjoyed some of their other stuff, I could barely stand to listen to this one. Then one time I just sat down with it and everything worked. Really amazing stuff.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2014, 03:57:46 AM »
Swans  :heart

Offline Mladen

« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »
:clap: for Dream Theater, Neutral milk hotel and Brand new.

Also,

Luca scared the shit out of me first listen. :lol
If anyone told me they weren't scared by Luca at first, I'd call them liars.  ;D

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2014, 10:00:49 PM »
Honourable mention:

System of a Down - Steal This Album! (2002)

There are some out there like me that love this album and herald it as the best SoaD. But most seem to think it's the worst. It's definitely their least cohesive album, but song for song I think it's the best. It has many of my favourite SoaD tunes and no songs I really consider weak at all. SoaD is so damn fun to listen to and this album to me is the most fun. I love it.

2. of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? (2007)

Before I first listened to of Montreal, I didn't expect them to be great. I barely expected them to be good. I best case scenario I'd find a fun new band to enjoy every now and then. My first few listens, and that was fulfilled. Hell, surpassed even because I thought it was an exceptional level of fun. I enjoyed it a lot and figured it was new material to listen to in my happy-go-lucky moods (like Animal Collective). However, I wasn't really focusing on the lyrics back then. Animal Collective is usually backed up by happy lyrics if you can call them that. They're usually about drugs but whatever, they're not negative. Whereas this album for the most part is very dark lyrically. The only song at all where the emotions of the music goes along with that is the impossibly good centerpiece of the album, The Past is a Grotesque Animal. Once I realized that this album wasn't positive in the slightest, it became very surreal for me. I was going through a bout of depression at the time and found myself spinning it almost non-stop. Identifying with many of the lyrics while simultaneously having an odd sort of fun with the music. My enjoyment seemed to increase exponentially every time I heard it.

I won't go too in depth into the backstory of this album so to not bore you, but let's just say Kevin Barnes was not having a good time when he was writing this album. And it shows to an extreme. This album has two very distinct halves, separated by the 12 minute centerpiece, The Past is a Grotesque Animal. The first half is more conventional, super fun and catchy pop. The songs are pretty simple, but they're all memorable. Suffer for Fashion kicks off the album with a huge bang. After a few innocent noises and a couple guitar strums, the album is kicking in full force. If you aren't having a great time by the time he says "FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR", you probably don't have a ton of hope with this album, but who knows? :lol After a couple calmer tracks, you're on Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse, which has one of the most awesome synth melodies of all time. The depressing lyrics are a bit more obvious this time. Then comes Gronlandic Edit, which was the first track that really hit full force with me. I thought it was a masterpiece first listen. It's very Queen influenced at times, and is just overall an amazing tune. A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger has an impossibly happy sounding and sing-along chorus, but again, the lyrics are anything but. And then here's where everything changes...

Now, here is the part where you think this album is fucking weird. Kevin Barnes has an alter-ego: Georgie Fruit, who he describes as a "black she-male". And from what I understand this next song, The Past is a Grotesque Animal, is supposed to be his transformation into the character. He calls Georgie Fruit a "dark mutation of my demented pastimes" in a later track, so maybe that will give you a picture. Anyway onto the track itself. It's one of the best songs ever in my opinion. It's by far the longest track on the album, and chronologically on the album is a big part of why this album is cemented in this spot. The music here is noticeably darker than any other song on the album, or even in the band's discography. It starts off with dark sounding synths and a few screaming guitar noises that never fail to give me major chills. It then builds into the beat the remains for the entirety of the 12 minute track. So it's very repetitive, but that doesn't matter, because the lyrics are a focusing point. Simply put I found many of them scarily relatable when I was going through tough times. It's a very heavy emotional load. Especially coming in the middle of an album that hid its depressing qualities behind cheery music before. There's no subtlety in this one. Complete masterpiece of a track, but should be listened to with the rest of the album for sure.

Anyways, I said the two halves were very different. Well, after that song, Georgie Fruit takes over, and instead of conventional pop, you have funk, soul, glam, and all sorts of weirdness flying into the music. The lyrics have a noticeable hint of cockiness and swagger to them now rather than depression. And lots of the lyrics are, well, hilarious. But there's the lines I mentioned earlier, which appear in Labyrinthian Pomp: "I got my Georgie Fruit on / He's a dark mutation / Of my demented pastimes". That mixed with the first half of the album puts a new spin on the attitude of this half. Makes you think what sort of insanity Georgie Fruit is? :lol If you listened to this half away from the other, it'd seem like a silly, fun, totally weird pop album, but the first half gives it the serious undertones.

Okay so I feel like my writing has got incredibly repetitive. To summarise, I first started listening to this album looking for happy-go-lucky fun pop and got a totally surreal fucked up beast of an album masquerading as happy-go-lucky fun pop. If that sounds like it's up your alley give it a shot. Lots of my love of this album is very personal to me obviously but maybe you can get behind it too.

Best tracks: All

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
Re: LieLowTheWantedMan's Top 50 albums v. jesus christ again bro come on (2)
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2014, 01:22:10 AM »
Steal This Album takes me back to being a teenager, them innocent times. Haven't really listened to Of Monreal.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »
And the winner is...

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »
Adrenaline Mob.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
But I'll get to this soon I'm sorta busy and I might rattle off a bunch of honorable mentions immediately beforehand.

Until then SOMEONE WHO LIKES OF MONTREAL SPEAK UP SO I DON'T FEEL LONELY

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »
I'd love to, but I haven't really checked em out yet. :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »
Alright I apologize horribly. I didn't think it was nearly as long since I said that as it was. I've been really busy and haven't had time to sit down and place myself in a writing mood. I won't bother with the honourable mentions thing because like I said, I'm having trouble getting in a writing mood but I'll try my best to do well on my #1 writeup. Really there are so many bands and albums that I wish could have made the cut that I would have done a top 100 if nobody would have been waiting on me. #1 will be up in the next hour, probably less than a half hour. Thank you all for being patient and following along. I'm sure most of you know #1 already anyway.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »
I don't.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

• DTF.org Member
Re: LieLowTheWantedMan's Top 50 albums v. jesus christ again bro come on (1)
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »
1. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991)

This might be the most highly regarded, legendary album of all time that gets no mainstream attention. I'd never heard of it before I really got into music on the internet, unless the plot device named after it in Crisis Core/background easter egg in Final Fantasy VII counts. Yet when I discovered it on online sites, it was lauded on a Dark Side of the Moon level. On rateyourmusic, it is the #11 most highly rated album ever, and everything near it (depending on your opinion of near) is popular in the mainstream in some form. It's an anomaly. How does an album get such astronomical praise from critics and music fans yet basically never be spoken of in mainstream? Well it's apparent basically as soon as you put it on. Only Shallow kicks off the album with a cliche stereotypical 4 hits of the snare drum before you're assaulted by two guitars, one playing a simple heavy riff and the other wailing like a chop saw tearing through metal. And after a few repetitions of that, the guitars immediately turn pleasant sounding and Bilinda Butcher softly sings underneath the blanket of soothing, dreamy guitar noise. Rinse and repeat a few times, exit with a short beautiful guitar drone, and the song is over. And it's something amazing.

So really, the album sounds exactly like the cover. Pink is definitely the colour this album brings to mind in sound, it has hazy qualities, and it's incredibly guitar driven. All this is achieved due to painstaking, meticulous work by Kevin Shields. He spent way longer than was expected on the album and its production bankrupted the record label. All because he wanted to make it completely perfect. At least, that is what legend says. And it is damn close to perfect. It marries crushing noise and beautiful dreamlike qualities more naturally than anything else. It's the epitome of the shoegaze genre. If you removed all the noise and loud guitars you'd probably have a regular pop album. But the guitars turn it into something else entirely. They bring it from being passable pop to being an unmatchable sonic experience. I'll now go track by track because I need to describe my love for the songs some way and they all have something different to love.

I already described Only Shallow, so I won't do that again. The next track is Loomer, which begins immediately with a monotonous beating of the drum and a repetitively strummed chords. Together they chug along like a train under Bilinda's absolutely beautiful vocal melody. And whenever she's done singing, what I think is some sort of synth plays an amazing melody. I know most people don't really regard this song as high as others on the album but man, I love that melody a really weird amount. Something about it makes me so happy when I hear it. The next song is Touch and it's the only song that isn't amazing. And that's because it's just a short transition track. It sounds like Chewbacca and is pretty weird but it's kinda neat at the same time. The next song is probably the least accessible of all, and it's called To Here Knows When. This is the general sound of the album on maximum overdrive. Take away the guitars, and it's just a good pop song. But the guitars in this song are NOISY. Like, they roar like a vacuum cleaner and don't stop throughout the song. Underneath the giant wall of noise is an oddly trippy synth melody and a repetitive head-bobby drum beat. As usual, Bilinda is gently singing a great melody, and it's really relaxing in this one. If any song will scare you away at first it's To Here Knows When, but it's one of the strongest tracks.

When You Sleep is a real crowd-pleaser. It's got a super cool synth melody, and it's sung by Kevin this time. For once in the album you can almost sort of understand what's being sung, and it's a really catchy song. Probably the most accessible song on the album. It still has all the Loveless hallmarks, but it's not used to quite the same degree. Still, it's one of the best on the album. I Only Said is another one driven by the synth melody. This one feels like drifting through the air. The vocals feel even hazier than usual, but not due to the guitars, it's just a quality on the vocals. The guitars are still noisy as ever though. Come In Alone almost sounds kind of sad. It starts with an almost dreary guitar/synth melody, with the bass being far more prominent than elsewhere on the album. Bringing out the bass for that one section was actually a great decision because it gives a real kick to that section. When the vocal melodies come along the bass is less felt again, but it works as a contrast. The vocal melody is just as dreary as the preceding one. The vocals also do this really cool thing where it starts off as just Bilinda singing, but she seems to gradually fade out while Kevin gradually fades in, and at the end of the melody he's mainly singing. This song just sounds sad, but it's absolutely stunning. Just a fabulous song. The next song, Sometimes, is a real standout, both in its amazing quality and the fact it sounds nothing like the rest of the album. It still has a weird electric drone throughout, but it's actually an acoustic ballad! And you can understand the vocals better than anywhere else, which are again sung by Kevin aside from some wordless "ooos" by Bilinda at points. Like the previous song, it's a bit less bright in mood, but this one resonates with me emotionally a lot more. However, in overall quality they're close.

The next song is Blown a Wish. This song has a wonderful little naivety to it that makes it fun. The non-vocal parts (which aren't very non-vocal because Bilinda does wordless vocables again) are very airy, for lack of a better word. There's something different about this song from the rest of the album that I can't put my finger on. Really fun tune though. Kevin is back on lead vocals in the next song, What You Want. The guitars on this one are a lot more conventional than elsewhere, but still aren't conventional in the slightest. They have more of a noisy punk feel to them this time. It ends with a long synth drone that is really captivating. And the drone leads right into the closer, Soon. Oh my god Soon. Holy shit Soon. This is a contender for my favourite song ever. As the drone fades out, simultaneously fades in an incredibly electronic drum beat. The drum beat quickly becomes less electronic-y after a few bars when all the instruments come in. The guitars strum along an incredibly happy chord progression, and after a couple bars, the synth and bass (sounding present yet again) come in and play matchingly super happy melodies. With the really bouncy drum beat, this entire section is actually incredibly dancy. Like seriously I cannot not dance a little when this plays. And after a while, the guitars go from present to surprisingly harsh and noisy. To Here Knows When sounded like a vacuum cleaner if it was "dreamier", this part just sounds like a plain old vacuum cleaner. :lol And on this one, Bilinda and Kevin are singing in harmony. And it's just plain amazing. Words cannot describe how in love I am with everything about this one. Like Only Shallow, it rinses and repeats and this time ends with the main chord progression being played quieter and over the electronic-y drums. It's something you have to hear.

So if you look at my song descriptions, you may realize something. These songs are very repetitive. But it's repetitiveness done right. They're almost not listened to like ordinary songs, but absorbed as a sort of experience. It's equal parts breathtakingly gorgeous and jarring/ugly. I really can't do it justice in description. If my descriptions interest you at all, listen to it. I've spent a lot of time on this and probably won't do better saying more. Give it a shot.

Best tracks: All listen to it now you silly willy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
I don't.
Mostly people who have been around longer know this one. :) Sorry if you feel left out. ;)

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »
Loveless is pretty good, but I can't help but feel that the unreal praise for it is a tad unwarranted. I could never fall absolutely in love with it like most people do. In the realm shoegaze, I much prefer an album like Souvlaki from Slowdive.

There are a good amount of endearing moments on it for sure, some that are outright beautiful and submersive, but it never became this soul-changing experience for me that a good portion of critics and the Internet feel it should be to me. :lol

But it's still a fine entry. :tup My favorite tracks are probably To Here Knows When, I Only Said, and Soon.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2014, 11:06:16 PM »
Souvlaki's a good album but there are several tracks I feel iffy with.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2014, 11:14:25 PM »
To be honest, I feel it's a flawless record, though I do like some songs more than others.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »
I don't.
Mostly people who have been around longer know this one. :) Sorry if you feel left out. ;)

Actually I remember seeing this being in someone's top 5 album a while ago or something but didn't remember it being you so at least now I'm sure not to forget that again.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2014, 01:44:57 AM »
I'm gonna side with ThatOneGuy2112. While I love Loveless and would give it a 5 out of 5, overall I prefer Slowdive over MBV and I think Souvlaki is just as good as Loveless. I think in the bigger picture, Slowdive is a much more consistent band, and a stronger discography overall. Still, Loveless is one of those classic albums and you can't take away the awesomeness from it.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2014, 06:45:51 AM »
Why the fuck am I so damn late?

Hissing fauna is a tremendous album! Probably not my favorite one, since I enjoy all of their discography, but there's a reason this album got attention and some others didn't. The music is great for dancing and having fun, but if you decide to listen to the lyrics, it suddenly becomes this surreal adventure. It's great to hear this album spoke to so many people, I had the similar experience with Paralytic stalks while going through a weird period of time.

This band is the best of both worlds - you can connect with them on a deep emotional level, or you can have the time of your life when you crank it up at a party.  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
Yay, someone else! Yeah they're super amazing. :metal

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2014, 04:41:32 PM »
Ironically, i did "get" Loveless from the first listen  :tup

Fail for not mentioning Sometimes though in your before-edit "Best tracks" selection :P
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:30:36 PM by Outcrier »
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »
I did though. :o

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »
Been having that album on my to.listen list for a while, so will check it right now :tup . All in all, great list!